FORUMS
Valks

Beast Mastery Hunter 8.3

17 hours ago, Bellapop said:

do those macros even work?

Yes, they work just fine. 

They do not remove the need for /petattack but they can be used together no problem. 

Guest Melkaia

I have a little question.

• /cast Claw(Basic Attack)
  • /cast Bite(Basic Attack)
  • /cast Smack(Basic Attack)

We need to use this macro in all the specs? or just for beast master?

On 7/20/2018 at 2:04 AM, Azortharion said:

That's correct, Zevrim's just gives flat damage (it is essentially a cross-spec Legendary), same with Celerity (3% Haste) and Unseen (3% damage done like Zevrim).

I intend to add some useful WeakAura packs to the guides soon with permission from their creators.

And yet, when I sim - and I sim a lot - I find the Apex Predator's Claw sims higher.  I've simmed and resimmed; while Zevrim's come close, the claw is 12-17k overall single target higher.

I've talked to other hunters about this and they are largely getting the same results.

I'll check again later, and run a lower/mid M+ to verify in practice.  For now, I get the highest ST sim with the chest and claw.

There are definitely exceptions to the rule because the two options are so close. Throw a bunch of mastery on your gear and the Apex pet damage will outscale Zevrim's, but in a stat neutral gearset, Zevrim's is simply better on average. 

You say 12-17k dps but what does that mean? Most people are simming for less than 5500 DPS, so did you mean 120 or 170? Or just 12-17? 

The latter seems more realistic because the difference between the two rings is unlikely to exceed like 1-2%.

Pet still does not dash on first attack (from out of combat). Dash is just not working. I mean for example: when grinding outdoors. When I press petattack to send pet to attack very first mob, the pet is running slowly and not dashing... However the Dash turns on somewhere in the middle of fighting with bunch of mobs, outdoors as well as in raids or dungeons... but not on first attack or when I want... the button is blinking and it is on Auto which means it shall work every time its off CD and I press attack!!!

SOS!!

Guest Misdirection macro

I have an old macro that I've used for a long time but it doesn't seem to be working for my pet when I'm soloing.

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] Misdirection

Would this macro work with this modification:

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@pet,exists]Misdirection

The logic is if I don't have a focus, that it will default to my pet.  

Thanks in advance.

On 8/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, Guest Misdirection macro said:

Thanks in advance.

That should fix it, yeah!

Guest Orph

So, even though it's the same DPS Animal Companion is marked out because it's just trash? Is that a good summary? I'd love to play with 2 pets.

Guest Mohawkward

Hello,

Thank you for the guide, very useful resource. However, I do not get the chart on Azerite power. 1, 2 and 3 means that we can stack up the same power on different items (like in 3 times primal instinct , Head, shoulder chest each time) ?

I have a hard time understanding how tidal surge outrank haze of rage ? Is the CD of the rage too short to make significant damage boost ?

I am surprised however on how the mythic + and farmed content dps competition is based on the capacity on one's class to output heavy AoE damage :'(. No more crowdcontrol and careful planning like in Heroic TBC content.

Thanks for the answers

Heya. That is correct, 1-2-3 traits on different pieces of gear. Some traits lose significantly if you have more than 1 (Feeding Frenzy is a prime example).

Tidal Surge's damage simply outdoes the bonus damage that the Haze of Rage stat boost gives you. Dungeons and Mythic+ have been heavy DPS-limited for a long time, at least through all of Legion. Just the state of affairs atm for better or for worse.

Guest Mohawkward

Yop,

Thanks for the reply but I still do not get it. Does it mean that if I get Dagger in the back on each of my azerite items, I will get (theoretically) the best single-target dps output from azerite traits?

Guest Rásputín

Is there something massive fubar about incendiary ammo? I've done mythics without it proccing at all and if it does it does like 0.1% total damage on like 20m damage.

Guest mikchan

Hello,

There was a BiS list. Can you reupload it or post it here?

Guest Donko

Hey Az

Thanks for the guide. I have one question:

My SimC results are showing that Haste is a higher weight than both Crit and Mastery for BM.  It goes against the priority given by the guide. Can you please provide clarity?

Ran them this morning, Thanks a ton.

8 hours ago, ClassicEnergy said:

In the weapon enchant you suggest going for the Incendiary Ammo, why not Weapon Enchant - Deadly NavigationWeapon Enchant - Deadly Navigation or Weapon Enchant - Masterful NavigationWeapon Enchant - Masterful Navigation ?

Because they are worse than Incendiary Ammo. Simply less damage.

7 hours ago, Guest Rásputín said:

Is there something massive fubar about incendiary ammo? I've done mythics without it proccing at all and if it does it does like 0.1% total damage on like 20m damage.

It is bugged and does not appear in the damage meter properly. Rest assured it's doing tons of damage.. Just behind the scenes.

6 hours ago, Guest mikchan said:

Hello,

There was a BiS list. Can you reupload it or post it here?

I removed it for the simple reason that BiS is no longer a useful concept, because of Titanforging and Warforging, sockets and tertiary stats and more. I do not have it anymore for this reason, but if you want to know the BiS item for a given slot, you really just have to look at the dungeon journal and look for items that have Crit+Mastery on them for each slot. 

2 hours ago, Guest Donko said:

Hey Az

Thanks for the guide. I have one question:

My SimC results are showing that Haste is a higher weight than both Crit and Mastery for BM.  It goes against the priority given by the guide. Can you please provide clarity?

Ran them this morning, Thanks a ton.

Stat weights are in constant flux as your character improves. What the guide suggests is generally going to be true for all people if you're starting with a 1:1:1:1 ratio of all stats.

As you get more of a stat, it reduces in value compared to other stats. So, a lot of Crit/Mastery means that the Haste value jumps both of them. This is normal and it is a constant fighting battle to try and achieve balance there. This balance is unique to each character.

Guest Gankle

Rapid Reload Azerite trait does not show up on the comparitive trait graphs, so not sure how that trait scales up to anything else. It is in the BM exclusive drop down gear list though.

Guest Gruumsh

why doesnt incendiary ammo dont show up in damage meters? like details

Guest So i am Confused

In the azerite trade section for multiplayer there is engi and AC or DB what are those meaning i guess engi refers to the profession

5 hours ago, Guest Gankle said:

Rapid Reload Azerite trait does not show up on the comparitive trait graphs, so not sure how that trait scales up to anything else. It is in the BM exclusive drop down gear list though.

I will add it back with the next update.

4 hours ago, Guest Gruumsh said:

why doesnt incendiary ammo dont show up in damage meters? like details

It is currently bugged and does not show up in DPS meters properly. You can confirm it does damage by checking under "Enemy Damage Taken" rather than Damage Done.

1 hour ago, Guest So i am Confused said:

In the azerite trade section for multiplayer there is engi and AC or DB what are those meaning i guess engi refers to the profession

Engi refers to traits that are specific to the craftable Azerite goggles.

AC/DB are the two talents Animal Companion and Dire Beast. Both of those add a pet/beast to your arsenal. Pack Alpha increases your Basic Attack's damage for each additional pet unit.

So that part of the chart is basically telling you that if you have 2 traits of Pack Alpha or more, then you will see an increase in DPS by going with Animal Companion/Dire Beast to capitalize on it.

Good day, Az!

Why do engineering ap, like "Synaptic Spark Capacitor" have 2 and 3 traits in simlist's? After all, you can have only one engineering trait in all set.

And maybe be a stupid question, but still, if the haste affects the GCD and Barbed Shot CD, so on Barbed Shot CD affects Bestial Wrath CD and Frenzy stacks , then maybe we should have some minimum haste value for the set? (I mean maybe for just in theory, like 1%, but still). Especially for those who don't have Feeding Frenzy trait.

Essentially because they so not lose value with multiple (hypothetical) traits, so only showing one trait I fear would just be confusing and cause people to underestimate how good they are. There are many traits that you will never realistically be able to stack 3 of, like Champions of Azeroth which is only available on a single piece of level 120 gear. 

There are no reachable Haste breakpoints. If you had Feeding Frenzy, then with 34% Haste you can keep up 3 stacks indefinitely, but this is neither possible nor a positive thing worth losing so many other stats over. 

Without Feeding Frenzy this is doubly true. Increasing your Haste will mostly linearly increase your 3 stack uptime, and reduce your Bestival Wrath cd and so on. 

The funny thing is that Crit does all of this (more resets reduces the average cooldown of Barbed Shot), but it actually does it better than Haste. 

• Like 1