FORUMS
Valks

Beast Mastery Hunter 8.3

Guest Elemmíre

Thanks for the guide and the constants updates

What you recommend for raiding in uldir, 2 alpha packs+one uldir trait or 3 alpha packs like in m+?

8 hours ago, Guest Jigslice said:

Thanks so much for your guide. 

There used to be a potion that was cheaper and an alternative to the battle potion of agility. Do you recall the name of it? Or was I dreaming it? I just cant justify potion of agility with the cost right now. Flasks are already expensive. 

Potion of Rising Death is often cheaper and almost as good for single-target. Falls behind on multi-target but you rarely pot for that.

If you can get 3x Pack Alpha, then it is probably the best Mythic+ option.

In raids you are limited to 2x Pack Alpha, and so you'd rather just have Primal Instincts since 2x Primal Instincts is equivalent to 2x Pack Alpha, but you have an execute and you have a stronger main cooldown.

Guest intimidation macro

Hi, I am not sure if someone's already said, but the intimidation macro puts your pet on passive and then leaves it there. I modified this with a new line /petassist and this works, and puts the pet back on assist ?

4 hours ago, Guest intimidation macro said:

Hi, I am not sure if someone's already said, but the intimidation macro puts your pet on passive and then leaves it there. I modified this with a new line /petassist and this works, and puts the pet back on assist ?

Will be fixed soon, thanks for letting us know!

Uncommon Patron
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:41 AM, Guest Titanstrike said:

I got stuck in Draenor with a Titanstrike thats useless now,,,,any remedy or suggestions for a weapon to make my toon playable again at this level?

Yeah, this annoyed me too. My Titanstrike was inexplicably maxed out when I had built it to about level 21. I cancelled my subscription with Blizzard (re-upped a couple weeks ago despite this). I'd like to know how to get that trusty weapon back. I threw it all the way from Broken Shores to Northrend. Now I can't find it.

Guest Link

Hi.

First of all big and juicy THANK YOU for all the hard work and info that you provide.

I have a question in regard to using trinkets: Doom's Wake and Galecaller's Boon. Which one it is better to use on the pull assuming I got 2 primal traits and one archive (btw which is better on paper archive or the laser matrix). By saying on the pull I meant prepot food buff flask bl/hero fullbuffs. Thanks for all again and I look forward to your reply.

All best.

Link

I was recently very happy when I got the heroic shoulders off of Mother because I now have all 3 pieces with Pack Alpha on them. However, when I equipped all three and ran sims on raidbots, my dps is less with them! :(   My item level is the same, the three Pack Alpha pieces happen to be the same item levels as the pieces I'm already wearing. Here are links to the sim pages. Can anyone see why this is? Thanks. 

Without Pack Alpha gear: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/f1JmS83LhpjYmmEAEjSMUm

With Pack Alpha gear: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/njPjpVBuzqSuEKnu6PAh7G

24 minutes ago, Azortharion said:

Reorigination Array requires 1 Uldir Trait on your gear to be activated. By wearing 3 Pack Alphas you are missing out on the massive secondary buff.

But I thought stacking 3 Pack Alphas was the best, according to the chart in your guide? I re-ran a sim using two Pack Alphas and one Uldir trait/reorigination array and I'm still less than not using any Pack Alpha at all?

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/fBuZrJWMXDKBMFdyC8jTnn

I guess I don't understand why PA is listed at the top of the chart if isn't the top performer, especially when you basically said wearing three Pack Alphas is bad when it makes you miss Uldir trait/reorigination array. It's just weird to me that this combination of traits:

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/f1JmS83LhpjYmmEAEjSMUm

Is better than the top of the chart, 3 stacked Pack Alphas. Sorry, I'm just confused.

*edit* It appears that the Primal Instincts trait on my chest is OP for me for some reason. Whenever I swap that piece out, not matter what, my dps drops.

Edited by adamaj

There is a paragraph on the same page of the guide that tells you 3 reasons why you should not actually go ahead and use 3x Pack Alpha. The chart does not take Reorigination Array into account currently. The paragraphs exist to provide some context to what is otherwise a pretty cold and clinical sim chart that doesn't take a host of things into account.

As you can also see in the chart, having 2 Pack Alpha is no better than having 2 Primal Instincts (or indeed, 1x Primal Instincts + 1 of any other half-decent trait).

I intend to add Reorigination Array "versions" of the Uldir Traits to the chart in the next update.

I am confused about pets, my "tigers" have become tenacity pets (tanking), and this is weird, they should be ferocity. If I switch pet-taunt off, do I get same DPS with any pet, regardless its affinity ?

Guest kircaaaaa

Is it /use or /cast for the pet basic attacks commands ?? Cause it mentions them both as /cast and /use.

Hi Azor,

can u help me...i dont know how to sim my char for mythic +. I mean what setup use for myth+ (fight style, number of bosses, fight lenght) what do you use.

I dont like raids :)

Thx for answer

Using a mixture of single-target and 3 target sims does a fine job. It's not gonna give you "the" answer but it will give you info to make an educated decision.

HecticAddCleave is a bit too heavily AoE focused, the other fight styles aren't very good either.

• Like 1

Guest synsanken

Macroing other pet abilities like petpassive (which will cause your pet to teleport to you when it is stuck) and the pet Move To ability is also recommended for fights where pets have to travel long distances otherwise.

I'm interested to know how this works? I've attempted this many times after reading the article, and it doesn't seem to work, at all. I've tested it in many cases where I intentionally get my pet stuck, and it's not working. Can I get some more information as to how this is supposed to work?

Guest Grinsakh

does traits stack? like Feeding frenzy? I got option to have it on two items. I know time wont increase, but damage?