FORUMS
Valks

Outlaw Rogue 8.3

13 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Will ask Grayhound and get back to you.

This is correct to my knowledge

On 4/8/2019 at 8:10 AM, Guest Joh said:

I have been told that if you have Deadshot or ace up your sleeve AS azerite trains, your RtB priority changes again. Its no longer beneficial to keep a single Grand melee, but that you should fish for +2 buffs or a single ruthless precision.

Cant find anything about this here

Same thing goes for Snake Eyes. Havent fully understood RtB' priority with this trait, but I think you do not want to reroll when you have more than two charges

21 hours ago, johano3012 said:

Same thing goes for Snake Eyes. Havent fully understood RtB' priority with this trait, but I think you do not want to reroll when you have more than two charges

Correct. With Snake Eyes, you always want to hunt for 2 RtB buffs, but you don't want to re-roll if you have 2 stacks of the Snake Eyes buff left. This only applies if you have 2 or 3 Snake Eyes traits though, if you only have 1 you roll as normal

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

Correct. With Snake Eyes, you always want to hunt for 2 RtB buffs, but you don't want to re-roll if you have 2 stacks of the Snake Eyes buff left. This only applies if you have 2 or 3 Snake Eyes traits though, if you only have 1 you roll as normal

Thanks for clearing that out! 

I have another question about RtB. If you have deadshot, you want to use between the eyes on cooldown. Is this a higher priority than fishing for good buffs?

On 4/10/2019 at 3:25 PM, johano3012 said:

Thanks for clearing that out! 

I have another question about RtB. If you have deadshot, you want to use between the eyes on cooldown. Is this a higher priority than fishing for good buffs?

Assuming you don't overlap the Deadshot buff from a previous use, yes. Priority for finishers is:

1. Refreshing RtB / not letting the buff drop
  2. Using BtE with Deadshot and / or Ace Up Your Sleeve without overwriting Deadshot buff
  3. Reroll if needed
  4. BtE (with the crit buff)
  5. Dispatch

With that logic, even if you were to overlap Deadshot, you still prefer to use BtE than Dispatch if you have the crit buff

• Like 1

Guest Torzule

I'm a little confused. I was looking into Outlaw and the guide states that the stat priority is crit>haste>vers>mast, but when you look at the bis from dungeons it's showing every item (except the cloak) that has haste/vers. wtf?

On 4/19/2019 at 9:15 PM, Guest Torzule said:

I'm a little confused. I was looking into Outlaw and the guide states that the stat priority is crit>haste>vers>mast, but when you look at the bis from dungeons it's showing every item (except the cloak) that has haste/vers. wtf?

It's probably left over from the pre-raid gearing process. Once you get a certain ilevel, you'll probably have enough Haste that you no longer need to stack it as you will be able to fill globals well enough without it. Crit is better now that we have a higher average level of Haste and less downtime between button presses

Also, changes to Azerite traits value Crit very highly due to Outlaw's reliance on Between The Eyes

Edit: all of that said, be sure to always sim yourself and decide which gear is best for you

• Like 1

Guest Ycuos

Hello ! I am new to Outlaw Rogue and I had 2 questions.

1: In the guide it says that Outlaw doesn't need to Pool Energy because you don't really run out of Energy, but I sometime do run out of Energy and need to wait a sec or two to cast another spell. Am I doing something wrong or is it normal ?

2: For Roll the Bones, it says to fish for 2+ buffs, Ruthless Precision or Grand Melee. Do I spam 4+ Combo Points RtB until I get one of these or do I need to stop at some point if I'm unlucky and don't get any of the good buffs ?

Thank you !

On 8/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, Guest Ycuos said:

1: In the guide it says that Outlaw doesn't need to Pool Energy because you don't really run out of Energy, but I sometime do run out of Energy and need to wait a sec or two to cast another spell. Am I doing something wrong or is it normal ?

Yeah that's normal

On 8/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, Guest Ycuos said:

2: For Roll the Bones, it says to fish for 2+ buffs, Ruthless Precision or Grand Melee. Do I spam 4+ Combo Points RtB until I get one of these or do I need to stop at some point if I'm unlucky and don't get any of the good buffs ?

You should always use finishers at 4+ CP if you are not using Deeper Stratagem, and 5+ if you are.

Your decision making process for which finisher to use looks like this:

1. RtB if you do not have it active or it will fall off before the next time you can cast
  2. Between the Eyes if you do not have the Pistol Shot buff
  3. RtB if you already have the Pistol Shot buff and need to reroll
  4. Run Through if you do not need to reroll

Your decision to re-roll or not looks like this normally:

1. Keep any double buff
  2. Keep single Ruthless Precision if you have at least 1 copy of either the Deadshot or Ace Up Your Sleeve traits
  3. Keep single Grand Melee if you do not have any Deadshot or Ace Up Your Sleeve traits

And looks like this with Blade Flurry on:

1. Keep any double buff without Skull and Crossbones as one of them, but only if you have the Keep Your Wits About You trait
  2. Keep any double buff, including with Skull and Crossbones, if you do not have the above trait
  3. Keep single Ruthless Precision, Broadside, or Grand Melee

Guest penguinzombies

Will there be an update to this guide at any point covering rogue specific strategies for horrific visions? 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, Guest penguinzombies said:

Will there be an update to this guide at any point covering rogue specific strategies for horrific visions? 

Hey,

so far nothing has been planned in that regard, but it's certainly something that could be included in the future. Theres a difference between running visions by yourself or in a group, some of the most important things that come to mind are the following:

-As a rogue it is easy for you to skip past vast amounts of trash, so depending on which sub-area you're in you won't have to kill nearly as many mobs as other people. Utilizing Sprint, Grappling Hook and Vanish to run past mobs, even with stealth detection, can save you a decent amount of time. Aim to hit the goals for each sub-zone, instead of full-clearing every single one.

-GM has a higher priority due to it being your only way of self-sustaining the damage you will receive when being hit by the enemies.

-The new buff-food that only works within Horrific Visions, in particular the movement speed one or the one that heals you for 2% of your maximum HP every second can make up for weaknesses you might have within these visions.

-In a group you can always use vanish to drop a sanity-restoration orb mid-fight while your group members are fighting an elite or a big amount of trash. Usually you cannot use these orbs in-fight, but as a rogue you can drop combat and use them that way.

These are the most important things that come to mind right now, I hope it helps you tackle the Horrific Visions a bit better. ?

Guest Malor

Okay so the stat priority is actually:-

1. Agility
  2. Critical Strike
  3. Versatility
  4. Haste
  5. Mastery

Right?

So could you lay it out like that and then describe the stats in the next section in that order?

The guide is invaluable dude but honestly it could do with a bit of thought for the layout and clarity. I'm an old player coming back and it's a confusing enough game as it is now never mind with guides adding to it. Last time I played versatility, haste and mastery weren't even stats, but a total noobie could read your guide and be forgiven for missing the fact that they need agility at all because it's not even listed in the priority.

Hey Malor,

thanks for the Feedback regarding the layout, you're right that there's no reason to not explain the stats in the same order in the following section.

The reason we don't always include Agility in these stat priorities is due to the fact that the primary stat is available on all items and not something you pick and choose, compared to secondary stats which most items only have 2 of. You will never have to make a choice between an item that has Agility and one that does not have Agility. All items have Agility on them, except for rings and trinkets. Rings will never have Agility on them, and while some trinkets have Agility and others do not, it is generally not the major contributor to each individual trinkets power level. That's why we always advise people to check out the simulation sub-section of the guide to get a better understanding of which trinkets are the most valuable.

We will consider adding it back for the next revision of the Guide, so thank you again for your feedback, and if there is any more questions regarding stats and their priorities don't hesitate to ask them in this thread :)

Guest Tnuc

As with most guides on here that say they're updated for shadowlands / pre-patch, it's a lazy effort. The guide still says the spec is about spending combo points on roll the bones and re-rolling. Simply gg for not bothering to update this. People if you want fully updated class guides go to wowhead  not here!!!

5 hours ago, Guest Tnuc said:

As with most guides on here that say they're updated for shadowlands / pre-patch, it's a lazy effort. The guide still says the spec is about spending combo points on roll the bones and re-rolling. Simply gg for not bothering to update this. People if you want fully updated class guides go to wowhead  not here!!!

Any continuity errors are most likely just an oversight by Seliathan while updating his pages! If you could let me know exactly where you are seeing errors, I can send it on to him and have it fixed immediately.

Guest Tnuc
1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Any continuity errors are most likely just an oversight by Seliathan while updating his pages! If you could let me know exactly where you are seeing errors, I can send it on to him and have it fixed immediately.

Pretty big oversight as its the core gameplay of the spec changing! Anyway its the "5. Basics of Outlaw Rogue Gameplay" section.

The same is on the affli lock guide as well that talks about spending soul shards on unstable affliction, again core gameplay of the spec has changed yet the guide, despite being updated, does not reflect this large change to the spec!

2 hours ago, Guest Tnuc said:

Pretty big oversight as its the core gameplay of the spec changing! Anyway its the "5. Basics of Outlaw Rogue Gameplay" section.

The same is on the affli lock guide as well that talks about spending soul shards on unstable affliction, again core gameplay of the spec has changed yet the guide, despite being updated, does not reflect this large change to the spec!

He has gone through the guide and fixed any issues - it should be live soon. Sorry about that!