FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch Update

38236-wow-communities-preview-comin-in-p

The worldwide release of the pre-patch has not gone as smoothly as Blizzard would have liked and the Communities feature had to be completely disabled in Europe for now.

Check out the list of known issues for problems that emerged after launch.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Hi everyone,

So, as you’ve noticed, today’s patch release has not gone nearly as smoothly as we would have liked. We’re sorry for how this has affected the stability and playability of the game while these issues have been ongoing. This has obviously not been the launch that any of us wanted.

That said, we want you to know that there are currently several teams of people working hard to get you back in Azeroth and enjoying the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch as quickly as possible. We’ll share more details in this thread when we can.

Thanks for your patience,

The World of Warcraft Team

Blizzard's working on a fix to enable the WoW Communities feature in EU. The in-game and guild chat channels remain are still available for use.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

As we work to identify the cause of these issues, we will be temporarily disabling the World of Warcraft Communities feature. The in-game and guild chat channels will still be available for use. The Guild Calendar may also be missing events while we address these concerns.

29 minutes ago, krapmyself said:

Has World of Warcraft ever had an entirely smooth pre-launch/launch for anything expansion related?

I am not so sure what was going on on the Ptr and Beta servers, but the launch of Legion was pretty unproblematic, as far as i remember.

• Like 2

I was disconnected 8 times and like around the 5th or 6th disconnect there was like 40 minutes before I was able to connect again! but I was calm and was like "well its patch day! not a shocker that this is happening!"  lol!

1 hour ago, Lawrenz said:

I am not so sure what was going on on the Ptr and Beta servers, but the launch of Legion was pretty unproblematic, as far as i remember.

Legion is also the only one I remember going really smoothly, which isn't that weird, when you consider how much of a shitshow WoD launch was. ?

1 hour ago, Lawrenz said:

Yes, but it is only one which go out "smoothly". And by previous experience with pre-patchs/exp , this would be expected and i expect it even for BfA when it comes life. Legion were just a bug/coincidence in my view

Has there been any launch of an expansion people were not whining crying HALPing etc?

New options and implemented changes sometimes cause problems and they just need to be fixed, and the teams

are working on the problems as they occur. 

After a few problems in the launch the game runs smoothly till next expansion so I really don't get the whining

I wish people just had more patience ?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Perak said:

Yes, but it is only one which go out "smoothly". And by previous experience with pre-patchs/exp , this would be expected and i expect it even for BfA when it comes life. Legion were just a bug/coincidence in my view

Yeah ... ? The exception proves the rule.

There is a reason for the saying "never play on patch-day"

But legion was the latest launch, and it went so smooth, that i have high hopes, that finally they know how to handle the patch day chaos.

• Haha 1

We went through something similar when they added the unneeded VOIP in patch 2.2  servers were unstable at best for a week.I'm betting this has to do with their "raid chat", which I had popups for when I briefly was able to get on Zul'jin US last night.

at least they disabled the communities and such eventually. ( which took an hour+ long server shutdown/restart,

Blizz, do you not learn from mistakes of the past?  

5 hours ago, Lawrenz said:

Yea, I remember just getting on when Legion was released and there was no issues.

4 hours ago, Rhondis said:

Yea, I remember just getting on when Legion was released and there was no issues.

Depends on server, highly populated ones had some small delays on casting during peak hours. Still, one of the worst ones was WoD for sure, probably only matched by vanilla and TBC launch.

Lower level toons are having a Hard time killing mobs. I have mythic geared 90 toons that are getting slaughter by  Timeless elite mobs when before I was able to kill them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this