Stan

Patch 8.0.1: List of Undocumented Changes

14 posts in this topic

1Zo7zrY.jpg

Redditor Shaxai and r/wow compiled a list of undocumented changes in the 8.0 pre-patch. Check it out!

The official Patch 8.0.1 Patch Notes can be found here.

Undocumented Changes in Patch 8.0.1

• High Warlord Naj'entus in Black Temple received a new model.
  • Many old creature models have been updated, including vultures, and gorillas.
  • The world map screen you see while taking a boat/zeppelin is shown in HD.
  • Some faction leaders have new voicelines.
  • Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep is bald (bug)
  • Portals to other continents now appear as blue circles on the map.
  • Share The LoveShare The Love is no longer required for Glory of the HeroGlory of the Hero.
  • Demon Hunters can now purchase Slayer's TabardSlayer's Tabard for 100 Gold in their Order Hall. 
  • Legion treasures award experience.
  • Blood/Void Elf stealth animations have been updated.
  • Wrynn's Vanguard faction is no longer available with the removal of Ashran. Wrynn's Vanguard TabardWrynn's Vanguard Tabard and the title have been removed as well. The tabard can still be purchased if you reached Exalted with the faction before the 8.0 pre-patch.
  • You can fly throughout Ashran.
  • Amani Battle BearAmani Battle BearAmani War BearAmani War Bear & Vicious War BearVicious War Bear received new skins and skeletons.
  • Master of Strand of the AncientsStrand of the Ancients achievements are no longer obtainable.
  • Chromatic SwordChromatic Sword drops again.
  • Mountain HorseMountain Horse & Swift Mountain HorseSwift Mountain Horse have new models.
  • Daily quests are no longer denoted by a blue exclamation mark, but rather a golden aura.

Did you observe any changes not listed here? Post them in the reddit megathread and we'll add them to the list above!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have discovered that Uuna - everyone's favourite companion - has lost her wand and sparkles!! Makes me super sad after what we went through with her 😞

Hopefully just a bug though. You can add that, if you like. I don't use Reddit, but I do read the posts.

A certain number of Legion treasures always gave experience, but the vast majority that I've picked up since yesterday do not.

im using default ui. its changed too. has a new 6 slot section for reasons i dont understand !!!

also killing saurfang in orgimmar is fos now !

Edited by blackstar128

Hey folks . The wrynns vanguard rep is still obtainable. Read http://www.wowhead.com/item=128315/medallion-of-the-legion#comments.  An item from tanaan that still awards the rep :) 

16 minutes ago, Connor12455 said:

Hey folks . The wrynns vanguard rep is still obtainable. Read http://www.wowhead.com/item=128315/medallion-of-the-legion#comments.  An item from tanaan that still awards the rep 🙂

It doesn't work - it gives no rep with them.

After the pre-patch, when you boost a level 60 character, you don't receive leveled up professions anymore.
https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/8zvxlx/buyer_beware_character_boost_professions_stealth/

Class hall talent which enabled instant WQ completion once a day was removed for all classes (lock, DK, mage, DH, War) and replaced by some random bulls*it 😞

14 hours ago, Stan said:

Demon Hunters can now purchase Slayer's TabardSlayer's Tabard for 100 Gold in their Order Hall. 

WOOT!  Tabard who-err i mean collector.

14 hours ago, Stan said:

Daily quests are no longer denoted by a blue exclamation mark, but rather a golden aura.

um, what?  What was the purpose of this change?  

2 hours ago, Sintharis said:

Class hall talent which enabled instant WQ completion once a day was removed for all classes (lock, DK, mage, DH, War) and replaced by some random bulls*it 😞

Noted on PTR weeks ago, hardly a surprise.