Jump to content
FORUMS
Stan

Heroes of the Storm Teaser: Jul 25

Recommended Posts

GJEHq37.jpg

The second teaser's in and it appears we're getting a Warcraft Hero as we approach Battle for Azeroth launch.

The second teaser is pointing toward Scarlet Monastery and Heroes like High Inquisitor Whitemane or Balnazaar. What do you think?

Teaser #2

Placeholder for tweet 1022164586827575296

Teaser #1

Placeholder for tweet 1021802194805448704

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks a lot like Scarlet Monastery or at minimum a cathedral. I'd be surprised if that's the hero though. Still thinking maybe Anduin or another big BFA player. The marketing writes itself for them right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it's Balnazaar but it could very well be Whitemane or Renault Mograine, high commander of the Scarlet Crusade and the man who betrayed his father for power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty fun - certainly unexpected 🙂 interestingly enough, PPl were hinting at Scarlet Crusade on Reddit but were largely smiled upon. Now when looking through the door to me it seems it has to be Whitemane. That entrance and hallway/hall look exactly like the cathedral room where you fight High Inquisitor Whitemane in the Scarlet Monastery Instance. In theory it could be Renault Mograine or Durand. But why take them if you can have Whitemane 🙂 If it's her and one of her Ults is NOT Arise, my Champion I will be really disappointed 

Although Whitemane is a Champion for DKs in Legion - so no more Scarlet Crusade but Ebon Blade. So technically she isn't even there anymore...

Edited by Evincare
Added thought on DK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this might be Nefarian. The head in the top centre has two horns that curve down and forwards, there's embers in the foreground and the thing in the centre looks like it could be the throne he sits on as lord victor nefarious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Laragon said:

Looks a lot like Scarlet Monastery or at minimum a cathedral. I'd be surprised if that's the hero though. Still thinking maybe Anduin or another big BFA player. The marketing writes itself for them right now.

Could have been Stratholme as well, which suggests a Dreadlord hero (since Legion had infiltrated that organisation).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Evincare said:

Pretty fun - certainly unexpected 🙂 interestingly enough, PPl were hinting at Scarlet Crusade on Reddit but were largely smiled upon. Now when looking through the door to me it seems it has to be Whitemane. That entrance and hallway/hall look exactly like the cathedral room where you fight High Inquisitor Whitemane in the Scarlet Monastery Instance. In theory it could be Renault Mograine or Durand. But why take them if you can have Whitemane 🙂 If it's her and one of her Ults is NOT Arise, my Champion I will be really disappointed 

Although Whitemane is a Champion for DKs in Legion - so no more Scarlet Crusade but Ebon Blade. So technically she isn't even there anymore...

Not first time when character would be taken from specific time of her lifespan. Just like we have Zul'jin based more on what he was in WC2 than WoW. Whitemane probably would be priestess, kinda discipline and could be healing her team mates with some dmg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Erialis said:

Not first time when character would be taken from specific time of her lifespan. Just like we have Zul'jin based more on what he was in WC2 than WoW. Whitemane probably would be priestess, kinda discipline and could be healing her team mates with some dmg.

Zul'jin lost his eye some time after W3, probably just before WoW, so he can be from any of these periods. Also, he's not only representing himself or troll race, but Axethrower/Berserker unit, would've been rather hard to make an axe dual-wielding character without one hand. 😄 Some heroes focus more on representing specific character, while others are more about their unit/class (that's why we've got characters like Blaze, as there were no lore figures representing them).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dreadlord one looks neat. Trickery and cunning tactics? Sounds like an interesting character to play. He has wings, too.

As much as I like scantily clad ladies to redress in my collection, I'd have to hope for the possibility of the more deceptive character.

At least from the two links provided. Only played a few levels in WoW myself recently with Legion.

So mostly know some WC1-WC3 story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emm It does not look like Scarlet monastery - No spaces between walls and columns. More like main cathedral in Stormwind.

And only I see an old Diablo face floation under the ceiling??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dantalian said:

Emm It does not look like Scarlet monastery - No spaces between walls and columns. More like main cathedral in Stormwind.

Art doesn't have to reflect 100% how said location looks in game. That almost never happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Epic Patron
21 minutes ago, Dantalian said:

Emm It does not look like Scarlet monastery - No spaces between walls and columns. More like main cathedral in Stormwind.

And only I see an old Diablo face floation under the ceiling??

The Tristram cathedral? Maybe Aidria since her hut was close by?

Edited by Notoriousthf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it before and will say it again. HOTS has been out for so many years now and still not a single WoW Demon represented in the game. Its a damn shame. So much lore and so many characters wasted so i hope they have gotten their act together and this is Balnazaar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Durf24 said:

I hope it's Balnazaar but it could very well be Whitemane or Renault Mograine, high commander of the Scarlet Crusade and the man who betrayed his father for power.

I want a god damn dreadlord damn it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nathex said:

Said it before and will say it again. HOTS has been out for so many years now and still not a single WoW Demon represented in the game. Its a damn shame. So much lore and so many characters wasted so i hope they have gotten their act together and this is Balnazaar.

Illidan is technically a demon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But Balnazzar.. he's probably one of the less impactful of all the Dreadlords... Mal'Ganis, Varimathras, Tichondrius hell even Mephistroth get  more Screen time than him. Granted he did get some action in Legion - something Mal'Ganis for example didn't get. If they bring in a Dreadlord next then it will be Balnazzar though with the door and such. TBH it would be really cool; Dreadlords had some interesting Abilities back in WC3 or WoW. Imagine Vampiric aura with Auto Attackers 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be honest, it looks like a bunch of monks with blue robes worshipping a dragon-like creature.
Deathwing perhaps? or something from Diablo? not so known in that franchise

Edited by SirSlapzAlot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yunaeska said:

It is Scarlet Monastery! God damn I was right! Hell yeah :]] Lol

 

37803642_839505489592290_6108903199677087744_n.png

Damn, beat me to it! Anyways. She looks fantastic! I loved this new take on her design, although I'm surprised this they covered DEM LEGS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Damn, beat me to it! Anyways. She looks fantastic! I loved this new take on her design, although I'm surprised this they covered DEM LEGS.

Don't worry, she'll get a skin with her legs revealed.

Because her legs are Legendary.

Edited by Aasgier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      This week's Hero rotation includes Ana, Brightwing, Kael'thas, Zul'jin, and more.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15, 2019
      Player level remains unknown because Blizzard stopped updating the official forum post.
      Ana Artanis Azmodan Brightwing Cho Chromie ETC Gall Kael'thas Li Li Rexxar The Butcher Zagara Zul'jin (Source)
    • By Stan
      This week's brawl is Industrial District! The single-lane Overwatch-themed map comes with standard play and shuffle pick. Destroy the enemy core to earn a Scarlet Heist Loot Chest.
      Blizzard (Source)
      This week’s Heroes Brawl is Industrial District! Slide around and slug it out in the heart of Volskaya in this Overwatch-themed, single-lane Battleground featuring lots of conveyor belts and tons of action.
      Rules:
      Shuffle pick - Choose from one of three Heroes before entering the battle. Standard play - no talent or level restrictions. The first team to destroy the enemy Core wins! Rewards:
      Complete three matches of the Industrial District Brawl to earn a Scarlet Heist Loot Chest! Find out more about the Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for the Brawl game mode.
    • By Stan
      The in-game Collection has been updated with three new Heroes that can be purchased at a reduced price.
      You can still purchase dynamic bundles from the Scarlet Heist Event, but there are no other skins for sale right now.
      Click here to check out this week's Free-to-Play Hero rotation.

      Hero Sales
      Heroes Old Price New Price Ana 750 Gems 375 Gems D.Va 625 Gems 312 Gems Sylvanas 625 Gems 312 Gems
    • By Stan
      This week's slightly delayed Hero rotation includes Anduin, Dehaka, Kel'Thuzad, Yrel, and more.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 8, 2019
      Player level remains unknown because Blizzard stopped updating the official forum post.
      Anduin Dehaka Fenix Gazlowe Hanzo Imperius Johanna Kel'Thuzad Kharazim Leoric Malfurion Thrall Valla Yrel (Source)
    • By Stan
      This week's brawl is Lost Cavern and comes with the shuffle pick, standard play, and no Hearthstones at spawn. You can win the game by destroying the enemy Core. Play three games to receive a Scarlet Heist Loot Chest!
      Blizzard (Source)
      This week’s brawl is Lost Cavern! It’s all-out mayhem on our single-lane battleground – Lost Cavern. Queue up, choose your Hero, and try to best to bring down the enemy Core!

      Rules:
      Shuffle pick - Choose from one of three Heroes before entering the battle. Standard play - no talent or level restrictions. The first team to destroy the enemy Core wins! Rewards:
      Complete three matches of Lost Cavern to earn a Scarlet Heist Loot Chest! Find out more about the Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for the Brawl game mode.
×
×
  • Create New...