Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tobapas

[Question] May you have a look at my Frost Mage

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have some questions. Sice 5.2 I´ve been playing frost. I feel confident while playing my mage, damage and DPS seems to be good, but I´ve got the feeling that there is more to " squeeze " out smile.png

DPS Raid: About 220K up to 240K

DPS dummy in Stormwind: 160K up to 170K unbuffed

First of all, I red that you shouldn´t have more than 50% haste ( raidbuffed ). Is that true? Currently I´m having about 49,5% haste raidbuffed. Or ist that way to much ? biggrin.png

Stats priority looks like this for me:

Haste ( up to 50% raidbuffed ) > Int > Mastery > Crit .... should I change anything?

Equip, enchantments, gems: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/gilneas/Tobapar/simple

Yeah, i know, combat logs are great, but let´s do it step by step. Combat logs will come on wednesday, have to figure out how it works ^^

First have a look on equip, gems etc...

Tanks to all of you who are helping me smile.png

Tobapas

( Sorry, my english is not the best, but I hope it´s ok  smile.png )

Edited by Tobapas

I just have to say, I find your talent choices to be...strange, for frost mage raiding. Frost Bomb is only advised if you are spending the majority of a fight fighting 6+ enemies stacked together. Knowing which bomb to use on which fight will get you a bit more dps, if you play it correctly. Presence of Mind isn't really worth it for Frost, you are better off with Ice Floes or Blazing Speed, as they make movement easier. Cold Snap has it's uses, but generally speaking, Greater Invisibility is the recommended talent, though that is purely survivability, which has little impact on your dps. Technically, Temporal Shield is better than Ice Barrier from a DPS standpoint, because it is off the global cooldown. Unfortunately, changing all those will only make a small difference, if any. If you really want to eke out more numbers, it's all going to come down to your playstyle.

1 person likes this

Frost Bomb is only advised if you are spending the majority of a fight fighting 6+ enemies stacked together. Knowing which bomb to use on which fight will get you a bit more dps, if you play it correctly.

Well, armory seems not to be updated ^^ Switched from Living Bomb to Frost Bomb for one encounter yesterday. Usually I´m using Living Bomb.

Went from Presence Mind to Ice Floes. Think thats a good idea.

Thanks for the help smile.png

Edited by Tobapas

Ich spreche Deutsch nur wenig. Sie nicht brauchen zu 50% Tempo überschreiten. Aber Sie können.

Können Sie WoL Parses zeigen? Ich werde analysieren und versuchen, Ihnen zu helfen.

Akraen, please note that the posting language on these forums is English only. If you want to give advices in other languages, contact to the recipient in PM, please.

That's actually a rule? Heh, okay. My attempt to be helpful went too far.

Just asking him to post logs. Can't help him because his armory looks fine. Not perfect, but near perfect, so a lack of DPS must be coming from something he's doing (or not doing).

@OP: If you prefer to discuss in German, send me a PM.

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding. We cleared through Nighthold heroic a number of months ago and need some more people in order to jump into mythic. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. At this time we are full on tanks and healers.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - MM Hunter, Warlock and Shadow Priest but all classes will be considered
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By Uinike
      Hey as the title says just want someone to critique me and point out areas I can improve at. I'm relatively new to reading logs so I don't quite know where to dig up all the info or what I'm looking at sometimes. 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BXna3hQyjMJzpwqG#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=22

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 50+ traits.
      - 8 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM.
      Mage: Frost.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Secret Mage Standard Un'Goro Deck.