FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

August 9th Live Patch Notes: Summer Games, Hanzo, Widow, Mercy Nerfs and More

ZTaAA99.jpg

The 2018 Summer Games have arrived and will stay until August 30th! We have over 50 new seasonal items, including the already announced legendary skins, more Lucioball and a large amount of Hero changes.

First off it's the Hanzo, Widow, Brigitte and Mercy nerfs as well as Ana, Lucio and Moira buffs, with Zarya getting a bit of both. And then it's the usual bevy of bug fixes, with gems such as D.Va's disappearing gun while hooked and emoting, Hanzo's detachable arm while wall climbing and more!

Then there's all the new skins:

N72GGBt.jpg

N72GGBt.jpgAnd then we have the short version of all the Hero changes, courtesy of itsjieyang:

Blizzard LogoAugust 9 (source)

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

Summer Games 2018

The Summer Games return for more fun in the sun! This year, we're celebrating the spirit of competition with a new Lúcioball arena, Season 2 of Copa Lúcioball, and a smörgåsbord of loot. Unlock over 50 new seasonal items—including legendary skins like Waveracer D.Va, Fastball Zenyatta, and Cabana Ana—alongside our growing collection of summer gear from previous years.

To learn more about Summer Games, click  here. 

GENERAL UPDATES

General

• Changed the name of Junkrat’s Buccaneer skin to Bilgerat
  • Added under attack voice lines for Zenyatta, Lúcio, and Moria
  • All Overwatch League skins now include the name of the team’s city or state

Looking for Group

• Settings will be saved after changing filters on the Looking for Group browse screen

Hero Gallery

• Added a What’s New option that displays new unlockable content

HERO UPDATES

General

• Some ultimate abilities now restore ammunition after completion for some heroes
    • Abilities affected: Genji’s Dragonblade, Junkrat’s RIP-Tire, Pharah’s Barrage, Roadhog’s Whole Hog, and Zenyatta’s Transcendence, Winston’s Primal Rage

Developer Comments:The change removes the need to immediately reload after a long duration ultimate.

Ana

• Nano Boost
    • Now also instantly heals the target for 300 health
    • Range increased from 30 to 40 meters

Developer Comments: These changes help Ana’s Nano Boost be usable in more situations. Previously it was almost entirely used to combo with other allies’ ultimates, just before they use them. With this change Nano Boost can now alternatively be used to save an ally from near death in the middle of a big fight.

Brigitte

• Shield Bash
    • Cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds
  • Repair Pack
    • An option to control Brigitte’s Repair Pack targeting sensitivity has been added under Options > Controls > Brigitte

Developer Comments: Brigitte’s Shield Bash is one of her strongest abilities, and its short cooldown can make it difficult to play against. Slightly increasing its cooldown will give her opponents more opportunity to play around it. We’ve also added an option to control Brigitte’s Repair Pack targeting sensitivity which will allow players to reduce the width of the search angle for the ability. This is useful for trying to target specific allies in the middle of a fight at the cost of making it a bit harder to target allies in general.

Doomfist

• Rocket Punch
    • No longer impacts Symmetra’s teleporter
    • Now destroys Symmetra’s sentry turrets without stopping his movement

Developer Comments: These changes are just quality of life improvements for how Doomfist interacts with Symmetra’s placed objects.

Hanzo

• Lunge
    • Cooldown increased from 4 to 5 seconds

Developer Comments: Hanzo’s Lunge ability allows him to be a bit too evasive, so we’re increasing the cooldown to make him easier to catch.

Lúcio

• Crossfade
    • Aura radius increase from 10 to 12 meters
  • Sound Barrier
    • Temporary shields granted increased from 500 to 750

Developer Comments: Increasing the amount of shield health gained from Lúcio’s Sound Barrier should make it more effective against incoming burst damage. As part of his last rework, Crossfade’s radius was heavily reduced, but its potency was increased to compensate. While the change was better for him overall, the radius was small enough that it was often difficult to keep his allies in range during a fight, even if they felt reasonably close together. The increased radius should help in these situations.

Mercy

• Caduceus Staff
    • Healing beam reduced from 60 healing per second to 50 healing per second

Developer Comments: Mercy’s previous healing output made her nearly irreplaceable in any team composition. Even after this change she will still be able to deliver more healing over the course of a match than any other support hero, but it should allow for other healers to be more viable.

Moira

• Biotic Grasp
    • Passive energy regeneration rate increased from 2 per second to 2.4 per second

Developer Comments: This change should help Moira in situations where there are no enemies within reach but your team still requires a lot of healing. She will still need to drain enemies to be fully effective, but this just helps her a bit in the rare cases where there is an extended long-range fight that she can’t reasonably take part in.

Reinhardt

• Barrier Field
    • Decorative insignia no longer protrudes from the shield’s surface

Developer Comments: By smoothing out Reinhardt’s Barrier Field, he now will be able to consistently block enemy abilities and projectiles that could sometimes unintentionally sneak through (e.g. Junkrat’s grenades).

Sombra

• General
    • Reduced the size of Sombra’s head hit volume

Developer Comments: The head changes are mostly a bug fix, as her head hit volume was abnormally large, especially from behind. Previously if you fired at her from behind near her upper spine, you could land a head shot. Now her head volume is much more accurate.

Symmetra

• Photon Projector
    • Primary fire range increased from 10 to 12

Developer Comments: Symmetra’s primary fire has huge damage potential but it is too difficult to charge because of its low range and slow charge rate. We’re increasing the range to see how it plays out, giving her more opportunities to use it, especially against enemy barriers.

Widowmaker

• Grappling Hook
    • Cooldown increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds

Developer Comments: The increased cooldown will slightly reduce the frequency that Widowmaker can reposition herself. This allows her to be threatened more easily by agile enemy heroes such as Winston and Genji.

Zarya

• Energy
    • Drain rate reduced from 2 energy per second to 1.6 energy per second
  • Graviton Surge
    • Radius reduced from 8 to 6 meters

Developer Comments: The smaller radius on Graviton Surge makes it more reasonable for her enemies to try countering it by staying spread out, as well as putting more focus on Zarya to position the ultimate correctly to impact the most players possible. However, the intent of these changes isn’t to lessen Zarya’s overall power significantly so we’re reducing her energy drain rate, which should keep her energy higher on average resulting in more damage and quicker ultimate charge times. Overall, this takes some power out of her ultimate and distributes it else ware to add more counter play against her.

GAME BROWSER AND CUSTOM GAMES

Heroes

• Brigitte’s Repair Pack now has a minimum cooldown time of 1.5 seconds regardless of custom game settings

BUG FIXES

General

• Fixed a bug that displayed an inaccurate AFK countdown timer before removing players from a match if they were flagged as AFK more than once
  • Fixed a bug that caused the player camera to display an odd location before switching to the first-person view of the selected hero after Assemble Your Team phase ends

AI

• Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn bot to fire his gun endlessly if his turret is teleported by a Symmetra player

Competitive Play

• Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose an endorsement level if they exited before a match completes, but after the return timer for a leaving player has expired

Heroes

Brigitte

• Fixed a bug that allowed projectiles and splash damage to penetrate Brigitte’s Barrier Shield while dashing with the ability

D.Va

• Fixed a bug that caused D.Va’s Light Gun to disappear if Roadhog used Chain Hook on her while she used an emote

Genji

• Fixed a visual issue that prevented Genji’s Shuriken ammunition from displaying the correct number briefly after activating Dragonblade
  • Fixed a bug that caused Genji’s arms to detach from his body if he looked straight down a wall while climbing over edges

Hanzo

• Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo’s arms to detach from his body if he looked straight down a wall while climbing over edges

Junkrat

• Fixed a bug that refilled Junkrat’s ammo if RIP-Tire failed to cast
  • Fixed a bug that refilled Junkrat's ammo if he attempted to use RIP-Tire while airborne

Lúcio

• Fixed a bug that allowed Lúcio to gain ultimate charge while Sound Barrier was active if he got hacked

Orisa

• Fixed a bug that caused the health bar on Orisa’s Protective Barrier to disappear when she used Supercharger

Reinhardt

• Fixed a bug that prevented cracks from appearing on Reinhardt’s Overwatch League Away skins when his Barrier Field takes damage

Roadhog

• Fixed a bug that prevented Roadhog’s Chain Hook from retracting to his hand if he is interrupted mid-cast

Sombra

• Fixed a bug that caused Sombra’s visual effects to display darker than intended
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to destroy her Translocator after teleporting to it
  • Fixed a bug that caused Sombra’s Translocator to bleed when struck by enemy players

Tracer

• Fixed a bug that caused Tracer’s Pulse Bombs to stick onto the wrong side of shields when the targeted enemy moved quickly

Wrecking Ball

• Fixed a bug that prevented Wrecking Ball from using sprays when in Roll form
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Piledriver to displace Mei while she is in Cryo-freeze

Zarya

• Fixed a bug that caused Zarya’s Graviton Surge visual effects to extend beyond the ability’s radius

Hero Gallery

• Fixed a bug that prevented rotating hero models while viewed in the Hero Gallery when equipped with Overwatch League skins
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Communication Wheel from functioning when equipping a spray, voice line, or emote from a Loot Box

Looking for Group

• Fixed a bug that caused some groups to be unable to queue for a game mode

Maps

Eichenwalde

• Fixed a bug that caused Eichenwalde’s castle gate to falls into the ground when destroyed by the payload

Previous Live patch notes.

PTR patch notes.

20 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Still waiting for a skin for Sombra with a sombrero ?

That's... pretty deep.

• Like 1

That Lucio buff is  way too much. Moira and Ana buff cool. I don't get a point of nerfing mobility of Hanzo, Widow and again less HPS with Mercy, would be nice if they stop forcing what is more capable in meta. This is about Zarya too, her ultimate charging the slowest alread among all tanks and now they nerf her ultime?
At least the skins not so bad. (But that Sombra would be awesome with sombrero)

7 hours ago, Hypersonic said:

This is about Zarya too, her ultimate charging the slowest alread among all tanks and now they nerf her ultime?

That might had to do with how popular her combo with Hanzo's ulti is. Not sure if nerfing range was the ring thing to do there though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Blizzard have announced that the Overwatch hero McCree will be renamed and they will no longer be using developer names for the game's characters. This follows Overwatch developer Jesse McCree being let go from the company, without a specific reason being given, which happened amidst the Activision Blizzard lawsuit situation unfolding.
      Here is the full statement from the Overwatch twitter:

• By Staff
      Cross-Play between consoles and PC is coming to Overwatch! Blizzard have detailed this excellent new addition, which will connect all platforms and regions (aside from China) and everyone gets  a golden loot boy to celebrate! This is also very likely in prepration for Overwatch 2, which still doesn't have a solid release date.

There's a developer update video, more info and a huge FAQ below:
      Crossplay (Source)
      Cross-Play is coming to Overwatch soon, allowing players to group up and play together. Powered by the latest global Battle.net update, players from around the world can team up, regardless of their preferred platform*. With the release of cross-play, all players will need to make a Battle.net account and link their appropriate console accounts. With the launch of Cross-Play, everyone who logs in to Overwatch by the end of 2021 will receive a Golden Loot Box to celebrate.
      Check out our resources below to get all of your questions answered.
        Prepare Your Account
      All console players will be required to make a Battle.net account and link it to their console (Xbox, PSN, Nintendo) account. PC players do not need to take this step – You already have a Battle.net account. Upon launching the game, you will be prompted to link your console account to a Battle.net account. Follow the steps below to create a Battle.net account, then link your console game account to your Battle.net account.
        Creating a Battle.net Account
      Visit Battle.net Create a free Battle.net account Once you create your Battle.net account, go to your Account Settings Click on the “Connections” section under Account Settings and link your console   Linking Your Console Game and Battle.net Accounts
      These instructions apply to the in-game steps console players will need to take once Cross-Play is available.
      Launch the game on your system Press the confirmation button to progress through the Overwatch welcome screen You will be presented with an alpha-numeric code and a QR code The alpha-numeric code can be entered at blizzard.com/link The QR code may be scanned with a mobile app to take you to the linking webpage, which will be pre-populated with the code provided in-game Log in with your Battle.net account credentials to finalize the connection between your console game and Battle.net accounts You will receive a message in-game that notifies that your account is now successfully connected Exit and relaunch Overwatch  
      Cross-play Frequently Asked Questions
      Account Linking
      How do I link my Battle.net account to my console?
        Step 1: Visit Battle.net Step 2: Create a free Battle.net account Step 3: Once you create your Battle.net account, go to your Account Settings Step 4: Click on the “Connections” section under Account Settings and link your console
        Will I need to create a Battle.net account even if I don’t plan to use cross-play?
        Console Players: Yes. With the addition of the cross-play feature, all players will need to setup a Battle.net account or connect to an existing Battle.net account. PC Players: No, you already have a Battle.net account.
        I play on PC, what do I need to do? Nothing! Keep enjoying Overwatch and welcome your new console friends by grouping up and playing matches.
      What systems are supported with the cross-play feature? Cross-play is coming to all systems where Overwatch is currently available: PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and the Nintendo Switch.
      Will I receive the Golden Loot Box on just one system? Players will receive one Golden Loot Box everywhere they play Overwatch (PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch) even if they’re associated with the same Battle.net account.

Progress and Leaderboards
      Will my progression carry over between systems? No. While cross-play will allow you to group up with friends using other systems, no progress and collection content will carry over between sessions on different systems.
      Will stats be reset when cross-play launches? No.
      Will ranks (SR) be reset at cross-play launch? No.
      Will top 500 leaderboards include players from other systems? There will be separate leaderboards for PC players, cross-play enabled console players, and cross-play disabled console players.
        Social Features
      Will I use my console handle (Xbox Username, PSN ID, etc) or my Battletag during console matches? Once you’ve linked your console and Battle.net accounts, you will display your Blizzard Battletag during matches. There are specific cases where your console handle will be displayed such as friend lists and top 500 lists.
      Will other players be able to see my Real ID after I link my Battle.net account? Being able to see another player’s Real ID (real name) is contingent upon account settings. To learn more, visit our support page at https://battle.net/support/article/23686
      If I add a friend on the same console, will they be my friend on both PSN/Xbox/Switch and Battle.net? Adding a friend through the Overwatch game will make them your Battle.net friend. If you wish to add a friend on the same console without them also being a Battle.net friend, you can use your console’s native social menus.
      If I opt-out of cross-play, will I still see Battle.net friends on my friends list or only PSN/Xbox/Switch friends? No, if you choose to opt out of cross-play, you will not see your Battle.net friends on your friends list.
      How will bans work? For example, if my game account is banned on PC, can I no longer play on other systems? Can I link banned game accounts? Account bans are determined at the game level (for clarity’s sake, we’ll refer to this as a “game account”). For example, if a player’s game account is banned on PC, they will still be able to use game account(s) tied to their Battle.net account to play Overwatch on console unless they have been banned for a more serious offense. If a player’s Battle.net account has been closed due to repeat or severe offenses, they will not be able to log-in and will need a new copy of Overwatch and Battle.net account to play the game.
      Can I add friends, report, mute, avoid, and block players from other systems? Yes.
      Can I use voice chat to talk to players on other systems? Yes.

Matchmaking and Game Modes
      Will cross-play be enabled for all game modes? Cross-play is enabled for all game modes with an exception for Competitive games. Competitive players will be split into two pools depending on the system that they are playing on: 1) Console players, and 2) PC players. For balance purposes, PC players and console players will not be mixed in the same pool for competitive matches.
      Will competitive matches include players from other systems? Competitive players will be split into two pools depending on the system that you are playing on: 1) Console players, and 2) PC players. For balance purposes, PC players and console players will not be mixed in the same pool for competitive matches.
      Can a console player (controller) group up with a PC player (mouse & keyboard) and play together? Yes, but only in non-Competitive game modes. Any group consisting of both PC and console players will be placed into the PC player matchmaking pool. Mouse & keyboard players will not be able to join the console player matchmaking pool, regardless of who is in their group.
      How will cross-play impact the current (Season 28) Competitive Season? When cross-play goes live, there will be some time left in season 28. SR and leaderboards will be preserved when we patch and continue as normal for the rest of the season. Cross-play for competitive won’t be enabled until season 29 – meaning console players will only play with others of their specific platform for the remainder of season 28. When Season 29 goes live, players on different consoles will be able to group together to play ranked. Competitive Season 29 is scheduled to begin on July 1, 2021.
      I’m a PC player who uses a controller. Can I play in the console matchmaking pool? No. PC players will play with other PC players regardless of their input method.
      Will console aim-assist be enabled when I match up with a PC player? No. Console aim-assist will be disabled by default if you group up with a PC player to equalize play during the match.
      Will aim-assist be enabled when I play in the console-only pool? Yes. Aim-assist is enabled for all console vs. console matchups.
      I only want to match against players on the same console. Is that possible? Yes. Disabling cross-play features will ensure that you only match with other players on your same system who also have cross-play disabled.
      Can I disable cross-play? Cross-Play will be automatically enabled by default for all users. If you decide that you want to opt-out of the cross-play function, you may do so through the Overwatch in-game menu, or within your console’s system settings for Xbox. PC players cannot opt out of cross-play.
      Will disabling cross-play increase my queue times? Most likely, yes. We expect there to a be a smaller pool of players on each console who have opted out of cross-play.
      Will cross-play be available for custom games? Yes, cross-play is enabled for custom games.
      Is cross-play in Beta? Will there be more changes to this feature in the future? Yes, cross-play is currently in the beta phase. The Overwatch development team will be monitoring feedback and will look to make improvements on the feature moving forward.

Overwatch League
      Where are my OWL tokens delivered? PC/Console? Both? OWL tokens purchased by players are delivered to the system on which the player makes their purchase. OWL tokens earned through the Overwatch League Viewership Rewards program are rewarded at the Battle.net account level and therefore delivered to all systems associated with the linked account.
      *Excluding China, which will remain its own separate region.
    • By Starym
      You can now play Overwatch for free until January 4th, and even buy the game permanently for 25-50% off! There's also the Winter Wonderland event currently active until January 5th to check out as well, with new skins and activities to be had.

• By Starym
      Today's PTR brings a lot of Hero tweaks and will be a pretty large download when it goes live, as it's a remaster. We're getting changes to D.Va, Orisa, Roadhog, Sigma, Winston, Baptiste, Lucio, Mercy, Moira, Doomfist, Sombra, Symmetra and Tracer, of varying significance.
      PTR Patch September 24 (source)
      ANNOUNCEMENT
      Patch 1.41 is a remaster and will require a relatively large download for all platforms. HERO UPDATES
      D.Va
      Defense Matrix
      Regeneration rate increased from 12.5% to 16% per second Delay before regeneration begins lowered from 1 second to 0.75 seconds Orisa
      Protective Barrier
      Cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds Roadhog
      Scrap Gun
      Ammunition increased from 5 to 6. Sigma
      Kinetic Grasp
      No longer blocks Chain Hook and Whip Shot Gravitic Flux
      High gravity effect duration reduced from 1.2 to 0.9 seconds Experimental Barrier
      Regeneration rate reduced from 175 to 150 per second Now has a 1 second cooldown after recalling the barrier Initial 0.2 second cast time removed Winston
      Barrier Projector
      Duration increased from 6 to 9 seconds Health increased from 600 to 700 Baptiste
      Immortality Field
      Health decreased from 250 to 200 Lucio
      Crossfade
      Speed boost’s effect increased from 20% to 25% Amp It Up
      Speed boost’s amplification increased from 50% to 60% Wall Ride
      Speed buff reduced from 40% to 30% Mercy
      Valkyrie
      The extra beams created by Valkyrie now ignore enemy barriers Moira
      Biotic Grasp
      Self-healing reduced from 30 to 20 health per second Doomfist
      Rocket Punch
      Time to reach max charge increased from 1 to 1.4 seconds The Best Defense…
      Shield health gained per hit reduced from 35 to 30 Sombra
      Translocator
      Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds Cooldown now begins immediately upon deploying the beacon or if it is killed by an enemy Symmetra
      Photon Barrier
      Duration reduced from 15 to 12 seconds Health reduced from 5000 to 4000 Sentry Turret
      Damage per second reduced from 50 to 40 Photon Projector
      Players impacted by the primary fire beam should now hear a louder impact sound Tracer
      Pulse Pistols
      Damage falloff now starts at 13 meters, up from 10 meters BUG FIXES
      General
      Fixed a player profile issue preventing hero win percentages from being displayed for competitive arcade mode seasons Heroes
      Brigitte
      Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Rally checking line of sight from her feet instead of from her head Fixed a bug with Inspire’s position being affected by the player’s aim pitch Doomfist
      Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to use Meteor Strike before taking impact damage from Sigma’s Gravitic Flux Sigma
      Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma’s Gravitic Flux to ignore line of sight through some ceilings Sombra
      Fixed a bug with EMP’s position being affected by player’s aim pitch Winston
      Fixed a bug that caused Winston’s Barrier Projector to not consistently play its destroyed visual effects
    • By Starym
      Update: You can now also pre-order the game and get a free golden loot box, with a guaranteed legendary inside, as well as Widownmaker's Noire skin.

The Nintendo Switch will be receiving its second Blizzard game soon, as Overwatch will be arriving on the console on October 15th! It will come bundled with 15 skins and 3 months of Nintendo Switch Online membership, which is required to play the game.
      October 15th will see the Heroes arrive to Nintendo's console.