FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zendrin

Your experience with resto shamans in mythic +

Hello fellow shamans!

After a long process of deciding upon which healer I will be playing in BFA I have choosen the resto shaman. It seems pretty solid with decent mobility, great raid cds, great aoe heals and fun utility. What it apperently lack from different guides and comparisons is a tank cd and good survivability which supposedly is really important in mythic + dungons. 

What i dont get is that it seems like shamans also have good cds for survivability with Astral shift and talents like spirit wolf and astral vigor. You also have talents like earthen wall totem and ancesteral protection totem to protect the tank. Since i have not mained a resto shaman before, What are Your experiences with healing as a resto shaman i mythic+?

I love being a resto shaman. The group wide healing you can put out in high AoE situations is fantastic. Spirit Link can be used in exciting ways that you may have never thought of (including as a tank CD in some situations).

As for M+, it's a lot different than raid healing if you're familiar with that, but I really like dungeon healing with a shaman.

If you are pushing for world records you might want to look at a different class but if you are just trying to do high keys, nothing wrong with Shaman! There are shamans running around doing 27/28/29s.

Shaman is fine overall, pretty good for raids even.

While it is not meta for m+ currently, you have plenty of tools to do your weekly 10/15 and just get screwed a little on the highest keys. It is likely we will be seeing more Shaman buffs in BfA going forward, and a wider revamp should be around the door in 8.1.

Read out our guide on rsham in m+ if you want more details: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-shaman-pve-healing-mythic-plus-tips, happy BfA launch!

Thank you for the reply and for some good advice? I doubt I ever get to the highest levels of mythic +, as i am a fairly casual player so shaman should get the job done. I will also check out the guide that you linked. Did not see it the last time i read the shaman guide. It looks really good! 

There were some aspects of Resto Druid, particularly survivability wise that made them outshine any other healer in Legion. Those are no longer going to be a thing in BFA, the bear form nerf chief among them. Same for Paladins as well, as the gulf in survivability is being closed somewhat by the loss of their passive 15% stamina gain. All of the healers are totally viable in 5 mans.. except that Disc Priest has big problems with throughput when there are no targets to damage.

• Like 1