Restoration Shaman Healing Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.0.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Restoration Shaman in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.2.
Restoration Shaman in Mythic+
Mythic+ Dungeons, especially high ones, are the highest level of competitive PvE content that WoW has to offer aside from Mythic raiding. As the group's healer, their survival is in your hands, and fortunately Restoration Shamans are great at healing through unexpected damage and recovering from mistakes.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+, you can read more on general concepts and systems on our Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1 guide:
Mythic+ Talents for Restoration Shamans
Note that the talents recommended below are specifically for Mythic+. If you wish to see a more general overview of Restoration talents, you can check our main page below.
Be sure to use the 'Copy Export String' button to import our build when playing!
As Restoration Shaman has many situational talents, make sure to adapt your general tree talents from dungeon to dungeon to include situational utility such as Tremor Totem for Fears, Frost Shock for Explosive weeks, or Hex for long duration crowd control.
Restoration Shaman Mythic+ Rotation
While Mythic+ demands more out of your single-target healing kit and DPS kit than raids, your spell priority does not change in Mythic+ content. For more information, check out the full guides for healing and DPS rotations in the links below:
Dragonflight Season 1 Mythic+ Affix: Thundering
This affix causes periodic lightning storms which create swirlies on the ground you should dodge, and marks everyone in the party will one of two debuffs, increasing damage and healing done by 30%. Players with different debuffs can collide to remove them, and should do so before the end of their duration, as otherwise they will be stunned and suffer heavy Nature damage for a long duration.
Mythic+ Restoration Shaman Tier Set
Restoration Shamans gain a new set from the Vault of the Incarnates raid with the following bonuses:
- Restoration Shaman 2pc increases your Critical Strike chance by 10% while Healing Stream Totem (or Cloudburst Totem) are active;
- Restoration Shaman 4pc increases the effectiveness of your Critical Strike healing from 200% to 215%.
These bonuses are very simple and you do not need to change your regular Mythic+ rotation to account for them.
Best Trinkets for Restoration Shamans in Mythic+
As this is the Mythic+ section, we will be listing trinkets with strong single-target healing effects, strong stat increases, or strong damage effects below.
- Broodkeeper's Promise (Vault of the Incarnates);
- Whispering Incarnate Icon (Vault of the Incarnates);
- Voidmender's Shadowgem (Shadowmoon Burial Grounds);
- Mote of Sanctification (Halls of Valor);
- Darkmoon Deck Box: Inferno (Inscription);
- Darkmoon Deck Box: Dance (Inscription);
- Darkmoon Deck: Inferno (Inscription);
- Darkmoon Deck: Dance (Inscription);
- Idol of the Lifebinder (Jewelcrafting);
- Erupting Spear Fragment (Neltharus);
- Alacritous Alchemist Stone (Alchemy);
- Static-Charged Scale (World Boss - Strunraan, the Sky's Misery).
More useful gear for and from Mythic+ can be found on our specialized gear guide:
Restoration Shaman Utility
Restoration Shaman provides support for the party through healing, damage, and other additional effects such as dispels and crowd control.
- Stormkeeper is an excellent damage ability, which allows you to deal high burst damage on demand, especially area of effect damage.
- Acid Rain turns your Healing Rain into a heal that also deals damage. The amount of damage dealt is very low, and requiring enemies to be inside for the duration is very limiting, making it not that good under current tuning.
- Thunderstorm is now usable by Restoration Shamans, and is a very powerful PvP tool baseline, knocking enemies away from you and into harm's way. When combined with Thundershock, it becomes a very powerful PvE crowd control tool that shares no diminishing returns with other common forms of crowd control and can be combined with Capacitor Totem for a long crowd control chain.
- Shamans are great at dealing with Grievous, as each bounce on Chain Heal counts as a direct heal and will remove a grievous stack from any players hit.
- Purify Spirit removes all Magic (and Curse, when talented) effects from a friendly target on a 8-second cooldown. This can often allow the purified ally to survive otherwise deadly situations and usually lowers the damage intake of that ally.
- Purge removes one beneficial Magic effect from an enemy target. This is very useful in Mythic+, as there are a lot of enemies with very powerful Magic buffs that we can remove immediately.
- Wind Shear interrupts an enemy target and prevents spells of the interrupted school from being cast for 3 seconds on a 12-second cooldown. Restoration Shaman is the only healer that can interrupt and Wind Shear has the shortest cooldown out of all ranged interrupts. As interruptible enemy casts are, often, some of the most dangerous abilities you will face in Mythic+, you should try to interrupt enemies as much as possible, prioritizing the most dangerous casts / ranged enemies that are hard for melee allies to interrupt.
- Capacitor Totem allows you to place a totem up to 30 yards away that, 2 seconds after being placed, explodes to stun a group of enemies in a 16-yard diameter for 3 seconds, on a 1-minute cooldown. When facing dangerous trash packs, 3 seconds can easily be the difference between victory and defeat, especially against Raging. Be careful not to stun enemies on top of Sanguine pools.
- Earthgrab Totem and Earthbind Totem allow you to root / slow enemies in an area. This is very useful whenever your group has to crowd control powerful enemies, for example when facing Spiteful or Raging.
- Tremor Totem places a totem beneath you that periodically removes Fear, Charm, and Sleep effects from allies within 30 yards. It lasts for 10 seconds on a 1-minute cooldown. This should be used whenever enemies are casting Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects on your group.
- Hex disables a non-boss humanoid or beast enemy for 1 minute. It has a 10-second cooldown but only one enemy can be hexed at a time. This allows you to disable especially powerful enemies ahead of a pull.
- Earth Elemental summons an elemental with a large health pool and good non-boss tanking capabilities — its taunt does not work on bosses — for 1 minute on a 5-minute cooldown. It can be used for a minor DPS increase or as an emergency cooldown capable of distracting dangerous non-boss enemies.
- Bloodlust and Heroism increase Haste by 30% for 40 seconds for all group members within 100 yards. This ability applies a debuff to everyone in the group which prevents them from benefiting from other casts of this ability or other classes' equivalent abilities for 10 minutes.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Racial Mounts Available in Valdrakken
- Rewards from War Mode World Quests Currently Bugged on Live Servers
- New Cutscenes: Alexstrasza vs Wrathion, Sabellian
- Doubleagent Hits Level 62
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes: November 29th
- World Server Down and Loading Issues: November 29th
- Dragonflight Known Issues List
- Pathfinder Achievement Still Required to Fly in Battle for Azeroth Zones