Restoration Shaman Healing Mythic+ Tips — Shadowlands 9.0.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Restoration Shaman in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2.
Restoration Shaman in Mythic+
Mythic+ Dungeons, especially high ones, are the highest level of competitive PvE content that WoW has to offer aside from Mythic raiding.
In Mythic Dungeons as a Healer, you will be responsible for the survival of your group, which includes healing through any mistakes that might happen related with standing in fire.
This makes your skill and execution absolutely critical to the success of the group, but fortunately Restoration Shamans are adept at reacting to unexpected damage and have various catch up mechanics for when things go wrong, such as our Mastery, Mastery: Deep Healing.
Besides Healing, you can also contribute to your group in various other ways by interrupting, offensively dispelling enemy targets, crowd controlling and using your stuns. Situations where you can make good use of your utility kit are much more common in Mythic+ than your usual Mythic raid, providing an interesting challenge after Healing is mastered.
Shamans are also great at dealing with the reworked Grievous affix in Shadowlands. Instead of having to heal the affected players to over 90% health, you can remove individual stacks with direct heals. Chain Heal counts as a direct heal on all players hit, making it the best spell to keep up with Grievous in the game.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 1 page below.
Restoration Shaman Mythic+ Rotation
While Mythic+ demands more out of your single-target healing kit than raids, your spell priority does not change in Mythic+ content. For more information, check out the full Restoration Shaman Healing Rotation.
Mythic+ Talents for Restoration Shamans
Note that the talents recommended below are specifically for Mythic+. If you wish to see a more general overview of Restoration talents, you can check our main page below.
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+.
|15||✗ Torrent||✓ Undulation||? Unleash Life|
|25||✓ Echo of the Elements||? Deluge||✗ Surge of Earth|
|30||? Spirit Wolf||? Earthgrab Totem||✓ Static Charge|
|35||✓ Ancestral Vigor||✓ Earthen Wall Totem||? Ancestral Protection Totem|
|40||✓ Nature's Guardian||✓ Graceful Spirit||? Wind Rush Totem|
|45||? Flash Flood||✗ Downpour||✓ Cloudburst Totem|
|50||? High Tide||✗ Wellspring||✓ Ascendance|
There are a few talent builds you can run, with all of them giving out similar results.
The most popular talent combination right is Undulation, Cloudburst Totem and Ascendance. With these talents, you will constantly have single-target healing boosts, that feed big Cloudbursts, and Ascendance as a powerful extra party cooldown for emergencies.
Best Mythic+ Covenant and Soulbinds for Restoration Shamans
While the recommendations here apply to Mythic+, feel free to check out our Covenant page for the full details on everything this system has to offer.
Your options vary between Covenants:
|Venthyr||General Draven||Draven Tree|
|Night Fae||Dreamweaver||Dreamweaver Tree|
Each of these soulbinds offers the best throughput and / or survivability in their respective Covenants, and they do it mostly through non-Mastery secondary stat increases, which will also increase your DPS potential!
Conduits wise, Swirling Currents and either your Covenant ability Conduit or Heavy Rainfall are your best options for Potency, Refreshing Waters or Vital Accretion are your best options for Endurance and Totemic Surge is your best Finesse Conduit, for the added Capacitor Totem cooldown reduction.
At early levels of renown you might not have your optimal soulbind available, as is the case with General Draven, or your best power, as is the case with Kleia. Use Theotar the Mad Duke and Pelagos until you unlock the final powers on your best soulbinds!
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Restoration Shamans
This list is not ordered in any particular way. Any of these four Legendaries has its own perks and all can be used in M+ to good effect. Make your Legendary choice based on what is best for your other favored content (Raiding = Primal Tide Core, PvP = Earthen Harmony and so on), rather than purely for M+ as all of them are good in dungeon content.
Primal Tide Core is strongest in a raid setting, but it can be good in dungeons too. While it can sometimes miss to activate due to the low jump range on the copied Riptide, it will activate in the next cast, provided there is an ally in range. This makes it a consistent help against area damage, especially for Necrolords.
Earthen Harmony is another strong choice, but helps on single-target rather than area healing, which also makes it great in PvP. The added healing provided on the tank is comparable to the benefits of the other Legendaries, especially once you get used to it and stop focusing on the tank as much during your runs.
Chains of Devastation is a special Legendary that improves your movement by allowing you to fit in some instant casts of Chain Heal and Chain Lightning. While casting only these two spells is not recommended, being able to perform some of them instantly allows you to react to unexpected damage and movement more easily. This is the only recommended Legendary that will help your damage, albeit slightly.
Spiritwalker's Tidal Totem is a strong all-purpose Legendary which can be used to recover from mistakes. It is especially useful against Prideful's ramping damage, which can sometimes overwhelm your group on the highest key levels.
Deeptremor Stone can be used on easy keys to boost your group's damage and make things go faster, but is generally low impact and thus unlisted.
For extra alternatives and full descriptions, be sure to check out all the Legendaries on our guide below!
Best Trinkets for Restoration Shamans in Mythic+
As this is the Mythic+ section, we will be listing trinkets with strong single target healing effects or strong stat increases below.
- Tuft of Smoldering Plumage (Sun King's Salvation in Castle Nathria);
- Manabound Mirror (Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria);
- Soulletting Ruby (Kul'tharok in Theater of Pain);
- Unbound Changeling (Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe);
- Cabalist's Hymnal (Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria);
- Inscrutable Quantum Device (Dealer Xy'exa in De Other Side).
Cabalist's Hymnal is strong enough to be in the list, but you will gain less from it in a party setting, as you will have less potential players with it around you. Inscrutable Quantum Device has multiple effects that can be useful, which you can consult in our gear page linked below.
You can change the stat increased by Unbound Changeling by eating stat food, the workings of which is also explained in the gear page. Consult it for extra information, gearing tips and the dungeon BiS list:
Restoration Shaman Utility
Restoration Shaman provides support for the party through healing, damage, and other additional effects such as dispels and crowd control.
- Purify Spirit removes all Curse and Magic effects from a friendly target on a 8-second cooldown. This can often allow the purified ally to survive otherwise deadly situations and usually lowers the damage intake of that ally.
- Purge removes one beneficial Magic effect from an enemy target. This is very useful in Mythic+, as there are a lot of enemies with very powerful Magic buffs that we can remove immediately.
- Wind Shear interrupts an enemy target and prevents spells of the interrupted school from being cast for 3 seconds on a 12-second cooldown. Restoration Shaman is the only healer that can interrupt and Wind Shear has the shortest cooldown out of all ranged interrupts. As interruptible enemy casts are, often, some of the most dangerous abilities you will face in Mythic+, you should try to interrupt enemies as much as possible, prioritizing the most dangerous casts / ranged enemies that are hard for melee allies to interrupt.
- Capacitor Totem allows you to place a totem up to 30 yards away that, 2 seconds after being placed, explodes to stun a group of enemies in a 16-yard diameter for 3 seconds, on a 1-minute cooldown. When facing dangerous trash packs, 3 seconds can easily be the difference between victory and defeat, especially against Raging / Necrotic. Be careful not to stun enemies on top of Sanguine pools.
- Earthgrab Totem and Earthbind Totem allow you to root / slow enemies in an area. This is very useful whenever your group has to crowd control powerful enemies, for example when facing Spiteful / Raging or Necrotic.
- Tremor Totem places a totem beneath you that periodically removes Fear, Charm, and Sleep effects from allies within 30 yards. It lasts for 10 seconds on a 1-minute cooldown. This should be used whenever enemies are casting Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects on your group.
- Hex disables a non-boss humanoid or beast enemy for 1 minute. It has a 10-second cooldown but only one enemy can be hexed at a time. This allows you to disable especially powerful enemies ahead of a pull.
- Earth Elemental summons an elemental with a large health pool and good non-boss tanking capabilities — its taunt does not work on bosses — for 1 minute on a 5-minute cooldown. Since it costs no Mana, it can be used for a minor DPS increase or as an emergency cooldown capable of distracting dangerous non-boss enemies.
- Bloodlust and Heroism increase Haste by 30% for 40 seconds for all group members within 100 yards. This ability applies a debuff to everyone in the group which prevents them from benefiting from other casts of this ability or other classes' equivalent abilities for 10 minutes.
- 24 Jan. 2021: Added Weak Aura for tracking Spiteful ghosts.
- 29 Dec. 2020: Added a Mythic+ timer Weak Aura.
- 22 Dec. 2020: Fleshed out the best trinket list.
- 20 Dec. 2020: Adjusted talent and legendary recommendations and their justification text.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Adjusted legendary priority slightly.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Added more information on how to deal with Grievous in Shadowlands.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 22 Oct. 2020: Updated the page for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- All WoW Expansion Cinematics Upscaled to 4K, 48 FPS in One Video
- Mythic+ 15 In-time with a Controller
- Spec Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands
- Fan Concept of Nightborne Customization Options
- Vicarious Visions Studio Being Merged Into Blizzard by Activision
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 22nd
- Upcoming PvP Class Tuning: January 26th
- Official Overview of All Shadowlands Mounts, Pets and Toys Part 1