Guest Serildar

Hi, love Your content. 

But isn't Blood good for levelling too? 

Or is unholy superior? 

On 8/13/2018 at 9:24 PM, Guest Serildar said:

Hi, love Your content. 

But isn't Blood good for levelling too? 

Or is unholy superior? 

A blood guide will be coming in the near future, we just felt we should prioritise Unholy, as it is faster to quest with.

Guest Anjo

I can attest, really fast.  I tried frost first to 114, and swapped to unholy, its WAY faster.

On 8/21/2018 at 4:52 AM, Guest Anjo said:

I can attest, really fast.  I tried frost first to 114, and swapped to unholy, its WAY faster.

Yeah, Frost depends on the use of cooldowns like Breath at max level and the short fights of leveling just don't really work well for it. I leveled as Unholy and found the same that you did.

Guest DKlikeDiddyKong

Can confirm. Using Control Undead unsummons your pet and replaces it with the controlled undead. It does not treat the mc'd mob as a "second pet", at least at earlier levels (currently at 71).

Guest Anonymoose

Really would like some extra info for blood DK I find it much more comfortable to level with over unholy

On 4/4/2019 at 7:20 AM, Guest Anonymoose said:

Really would like some extra info for blood DK I find it much more comfortable to level with over unholy

Hey, I'll ask the guide writer and see if some stuff can be added.

22 hours ago, Blainie said:

Hey, I'll ask the guide writer and see if some stuff can be added.

sigh 22 hours later and nothing /sigh ?

5 hours ago, Trysidia said:

sigh 22 hours later and nothing /sigh ?

Yep, sorry about the delay, but it is a Saturday and while we do try to keep communication as swift as possible, it can slow down on the weekends when people take time off away from work etc.

I'll let you know as soon as I can, but it is likely that this will only be added post CoS, as the main guide will be updated for the new raid as a priority. If the writer has the time to get it done before then, it would be great, but I'm just trying to be realistic.

5 hours ago, TekFreckle said:

Will there ever be a frost guide as well? Most of the other classes you have guides for each spec. Just curious as it would be nice.

Hey, so similar situation as the poster above - I'll speak to Abyssal, but the new raid updates will likely take priority over the leveling update. I'll try to make sure it's up as soon as possible, but a realistic estimate is just after CoS release (assuming the writer has time between work/raiding).

• Like 1

Guest Essex
On 8/15/2018 at 1:59 AM, Blainie said:

A blood guide will be coming in the near future, we just felt we should prioritise Unholy, as it is faster to quest with.

So....14 months later and STILL no Blood leveling guide?    I know life takes priority, but still....lol

Guest Guest guest
On 10/17/2019 at 4:40 PM, Guest Essex said:

So....14 months later and STILL no Blood leveling guide?    I know life takes priority, but still....lol

I mean they're busy right? can't expect them to keep the guides up to date all the time.

Guest callmesilver

the info is great but i noticed u have removed the blood spec from the leveling guide. So if u can add it back or reply to this saying why u wont

Guest [1M] Mocha

It's 2020, moderators... Please, add a Blood Death Knight Leveling Guide because I'm planning on doing just that.

Guest Nmbr5
On 1/4/2020 at 9:01 AM, Guest [1M] Mocha said:

It's 2020, moderators... Please, add a Blood Death Knight Leveling Guide because I'm planning on doing just that.

I always level in blood, and queue as tank while leveling, it makes for fast leveling, and less dieing and the ability to grab mobs and groups of mobs that you can't in the other 2 specs and survive.

Please give us a blood spec guide.

Epic Patron

Started out at 59 in the Frost mode.  Switched to Unholy after about 5 levels and leveled to 120 in the Unholy choice.  I don't know about being quicker than Frost or Blood but ,imo, being in Unholy gave me a more varied choice of weapons and spells.

Maybe I should start another DK in the Blood Mode.  Sounds challenging!!  Would like a promised new guide for Blood since so much has changed since DKs originated back in WotLK.  Hope it's completed soon but with Shadowlands now in the offing we may have to wait further until everything shakes out from the Shadowlands expansion. 

Edited by Dragonbro

I have a few questions for you:

1. When's the blood-building for leveling?
2. Can you also enter dungeon talents for the respective specializations?
3. Would it be possible to bring in PvP talents as well, since most of the games from level 20 on are played in PvP mode anyway.

Guest Blood...? Blood!

Thought I'd chuck my hat in for a Blood Guide! :) Would be great to see some experienced thoughts. I personally love leveling in Dungeons, usually as a Tank.

Guest Chains

On the Frost leveling guide the talent Cold Heart is recommended but Chains of Ice does not appear in the spell rotation. Should this spell just be used situationally or every time you have 20 stacks?