FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Sylvanas Will Not Be Garrosh 2.0

38771-warbringers-sylvanas-the-burning-o

Good news, everyone! Senior Game Producer Michael Bybee confirmed at Gamescom that Sylvanas won't be following in the footsteps of Garrosh in Battle for Azeroth.

Click here to read the full PCGamesN article!

Blizzard finally addressed concerns voiced by Horde players that came into existence after the reveal of the Sylvanas animated short. If you're late to the game and haven't played War of Thorns, Sylvanas burned down Teldrassil and players were not particularly happy about that. Some even started harassing Christie Golden who didn't even write Warbringers.

According to PCGamesN, Bybee said that it's all part of the story thread that they've had planned out for a long time. Possibly the most soothing fact is that the Horde Warchief won't receive the Garrosh treatment and there are definitely other plans in store for both factions.

• Like 3

She didn't write "Warbringers" but she wrote "Before the Storm".  If you've read that book then the events of "Warbringers" are really no surprise because Sylvanas is established, without question, as a true villain.  The burning of the World Tree is all the masks and ambiguity pealed back and a revelation of how corrupt and black her soul is, for not just peace on Azeroth, but for the survival of Azeroth herself.  Vol'Jin really screwed up leaving the big chair for her. 

But the biggest revelation is not just what an irredeemable enemy to The Alliance she is, truly, as bad as any enemy has ever been, but she's poison to The Forsaken as well.

• Like 1

The question is, will she become Kerrigan 2.0 instead, a neutral hero that both factions have to support in fight against Void Lords. This would have been even worse than her ending like another Garrosh.

• Like 1

Not really good news if you ask me. So far I find her worse and far more evil than Garrosh so if she gets a better ending than him, I would find it kind of unfair and unjust.

Then again, perhaps this is what they mean. She gets a worse ending, far more humiliating for the horde than the one Garrosh got. Yay...

Edit: Another thing. What do you mean "she won't be following in the footsteps of Garrosh"? She already burnt the tree with innocent women and children inside. She already is worse than him.

Unless... Perhaps she is actually dead/lost already (maybe her suicide worked after all) and our current warchief is just an imposter. Would still make the horde look like stupid, spineless and evil lackeys to whomever gives them whatever order, but at least that way they could restore Sylvanas legacy of being only 90% cartoonishly evil.

Anyway, I can't say that I am optimistic about the horde's future.

Edited by Ogerscherge
New thoughts
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ogerscherge said:

Not really good news if you ask me. So far I find her worse and far more evil than Garrosh so if she gets a better ending than him, I would find it kind of unfair and unjust.

Then again, perhaps this is what they mean. She gets a worse ending, far more humiliating for the horde than the one Garrosh got. Yay...

You mean Garrosh that dropped a nuke on a town full of civilians and his own troops, and then tried to commit genocide upon the rest of the horde that weren't orcs or a select bunch of goblins that made him his tools of war to attempt said genocide. Claiming that literally the only way there can be a horde is if it's a true, Orcish horde without others essentially polluting it?

She's definitely not been good or "morally grey" but I wouldn't say she's that far...

• Like 2

She would need to be touched by The Light or otherwise influenced by some greater external force or, something, for her to ever elevate back to "enemy of my enemy" territory.  

What is going to be interesting is the re-introduction of Calia Menethil into the game storyline from the book.  When/if she usurps Sylvanas as protector of The Forsaken, becoming their "Light Lady" to her "Dark Lady", she will have nothing.  It would be rather fitting for her to end up in a Warden prison like Illidan.

8 minutes ago, Aegrotat said:

She's definitely not been good or "morally grey" but I wouldn't say she's that far...

Yeah, she is that bad and she's done the same.  She slaughtered The Desolate Council in cold blood as a stepping stone to war, as a means to spin the event with the rest of The Forsaken, to blame it on Humans, to stamp out the hope they had of ever being accepted by their living relatives or ever being accepted as anything but a notch above The Scourge.  Sylvanas loves The Forsaken the same as a common wife beater loves his battered wife. 

And the rest of The Horde are simply tools for her.  She doesn't even respect Baine, though she and The Forsaken owe their current existence to his generosity in bringing them into The Horde after being rejected by The Alliance as abominations.  Her only desire is more power and more Forsaken, but she'll gladly sacrifice any that dare question or challenge her, because her sights are set on Stormwind and turning all of Humanity into more undead to serve her.

Edited by Sholto
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aegrotat said:

You mean Garrosh that dropped a nuke on a town full of civilians and his own troops, and then tried to commit genocide upon the rest of the horde that weren't orcs or a select bunch of goblins that made him his tools of war to attempt said genocide. Claiming that literally the only way there can be a horde is if it's a true, Orcish horde without others essentially polluting it?

Theramore was a military base and attacking those things during war isn't really something I would hold against Garrosh. Calling it a city full of civillians is a bit dishonest.

But regardless, I am not defending him. He was an asshole and he had to go. Just like Sylvanas. That's my point. 

We can argue all night who is actually more evil and many people did, but honestly, I don't want to.

3 minutes ago, Ogerscherge said:

Theramore was a military base and attacking those things during war isn't really something I would hold against Garrosh. Calling it a city full of civillians is a bit dishonest.

But regardless, I am not defending him. He was an asshole and he had to go. Just like Sylvanas. That's my point. 

We can argue all night who is actually more evil and many people did, but honestly, I don't want to.

The only thing I wana point out was that Theramore wasn't a military base, it was a neutral standing city

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Aegrotat said:

The only thing I wana point out was that Theramore wasn't a military base, it was a neutral standing city

Wut? No, Theramore Keep was THE military base of the Alliance on Kalimdor. Many of the Alliance quests in Dustwallow Marsh in Cataclysm centered around aiding the military.

41 minutes ago, Ogerscherge said:

Anyway, I can't say that I am optimistic about the horde's future.

Sylvanas set the wheel in motion for losing The Forsaken to Calia Menethil.   She's the hero that they need.  I'm not necessarily optimistic for the future of the Horde but I am for The Forsaken.  Baine and the rest of the "Original Horde" should think long and hard about whether the future of the Horde should include some of these other new races once The Forsaken go neutral.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sholto said:

Sylvanas set the wheel in motion for losing The Forsaken to Calia Menethil.   She's the hero that they need.  I'm not necessarily optimistic for the future of the Horde but I am for The Forsaken.  Baine and the rest of the "Original Horde" should think long and hard about whether the future of the Horde should include some of these other new races once The Forsaken go neutral.

Third faction? Sounds too good to be true. ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ogerscherge said:

Third faction? Sounds too good to be true. ?

Not so much third faction, but they could become neutral, like the Goblin used to be and certain groups within their race, as well as others.   

The Tauren brought them into the Horde but Varian has made overtures towards some reconciliation with the Humans after being forced to face his prejudices thanks to his surprising meeting with Alonsos Faol, creator of The Silver Hand and now undead servant of The Light.  Even Genn recognizes, finally, that The Forsaken are not simply creatures and that Sylvanas does not need to define them.  If The Light can accept them and create one of their kind (Calia Menethil) then old ideas and grudges need to be re-evaluated.

I guess for players they could split as well, they could be given a choice, like the Pandaren.  It's possible that some of the Forsaken will hold too much of a grudge against Calia's brother to follow her either to rebuild Lordaeron or settle someplace else.  The rest might be so lost and damaged that they stick with Sylvanas like so many stay in toxic, abusive relationships, because they don't think they deserve better or are more afraid of the Unknown.

Edited by Sholto
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arcling said:

The question is, will she become Kerrigan 2.0 instead, a neutral hero that both factions have to support in fight against Void Lords. This would have been even worse than her ending like another Garrosh.

I don't think so. I am actually thinking she will share the same fate as Illidan. Sacrificing herself to end the void in any she can. But I do not think she will be truly "neutral", the Alliance already showed their hatred for Sylvanas (Especially now since the burning of Teldrassil). And I really doubt that Anduin will forgive her for burning Teldrassil and "starting" a war. The alliance may end up finding their own means of tackling the void. Or siding with the Horde that's not apart of Sylvanas's horde.

Edited by Rhondis

The Alliance hatred for Sylvanas is well and truly justified.  She wants an undead genocide on the entirety of the Human population.  That's her end game.  That's not a difference of opinion.  That's someone that needs to be gone.  She's cancer to everyone, including the world that they live in.  Including her "own people".

She's nothing like Illidan.

Edited by Sholto

Given that the Horde rebelled against Garrosh for far less, Blizz are gonna have to pull some serious deus ex machi-

... If their solution to the problem involves Old Gods/Void Lords Imma REE so hard.

Edited by Brutalis

She doesn't even respect Baine, though she and The Forsaken owe their current existence to his generosity in bringing them into The Horde after being rejected by The Alliance as abominations

Also I'd like to point out this is no longer the case. Chronicles retconned this and Thrall accepted the Forsaken just fine without the Tauren pleading their case.

6 minutes ago, Brutalis said:

Given that the Horde rebelled against Garrosh for far less

The difference is that Garrosh tried to purge de Horde from the other races, every "evil" action that Sylvanas did was againts her ppl (Before the Storm) or against the Alliance.

Kind of crazy they have to actually come out and confirm this, but I totally understand it as a way to calm down some of the audience. I personally have disliked her "development" (or lack thereof) recently but the overall zone storylines on BfA have been decent to me.

5 hours ago, Sholto said:

She didn't write "Warbringers" but she wrote "Before the Storm".  If you've read that book then the events of "Warbringers" are really no surprise because Sylvanas is established, without question, as a true villain.  The burning of the World Tree is all the masks and ambiguity pealed back and a revelation of how corrupt and black her soul is, for not just peace on Azeroth, but for the survival of Azeroth herself.  Vol'Jin really screwed up leaving the big chair for her. 

But the biggest revelation is not just what an irredeemable enemy to The Alliance she is, truly, as bad as any enemy has ever been, but she's poison to The Forsaken as well.

But I hope your opening line doesn't justify the harassment of Christine Golden because that is still a lame, deplorable, childish set of actions by the people giving those of us who enjoy this hobby a bad name...

5 hours ago, Demenzel said:

The difference is that Garrosh tried to purge de Horde from the other races, every "evil" action that Sylvanas did was againts her ppl (Before the Storm) or against the Alliance.

Was going to say, the horde didn't rebel against Garrosh because of Theramore or something, they rebelled because he literally claimed that they needed the true, Orcish horde (featuring a few goblins). and not even just purging the horde of other races, but also removing a large section of other orcs for things like disagreeing with him, or being warlocks

9 hours ago, Sholto said:

Just because she wrote it does not mean she is responsible for the plot.

In most cases when writers write for third parties like this (as in not their own IP), they are given the plot in varying levels of detail (Sylvanas did this this and this, this is her motivation, and characters X, Y and Z need to do... etc.). The writer is then just taking it froma list of pre-established bullet points, and fleshing it out.

Just because "Before the Storm" came out first, does not mean that it was developed first. I suspect this whole storyline has been in the pipleline for years, and she likely had very little creative freedom in the major plot points.

7 hours ago, Brutalis said:

... If their solution to the problem involves Old Gods/Void Lords Imma REE so hard.

you know it will, like half the dungeons have tentacles shooting out everywhere lol

Do you think when Arthas' journey was being penned, they struggled with worry that Alliance fans would get upset that one of there's would turn to evil? Well that is where Blizzard has been ever since. I am a Horde player. I love that Blizzard has broken through their fear of offending players that their side may not be as pure as the other side. 

I mean this with all sincerity- this entire obsession with faction 'fairness' is not healthy and is paralyzing the lore. Marketing loves it, but creatives hate it. 

I for one love that my Tauren is living in a more fathomless world. 

Finally, I have said this for weeks- If you never type or say the word 'Azerite' in your disappointment over Sylvanas, you are missing a lot of her long term logic for her choices. But I do not blame you. I do blame that on Blizzard though. In game this crystallized blood of Azeroth, only comes across as "Azerite- Extra Strength Gunpowder®"

11 hours ago, Ogerscherge said:

Alliance War Campaign makes her look even worse. She was fine by employing someone like a san'layn Blood Prince Dreven, who had begun making new san'layn (Alliance killed him and stopped that) and even drained out of blood some Horde troops.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Blizzard has added a shiny new login screen in the latest War Within Beta build. Check it out!
      The previous War Within login screen has been replaced with a new one. It shows Dornogal, the capital city of the new expansion.
      It almost looks like a portal.

You can watch the animations and music in ZINK's latest video.
    • By Staff
      Blizzard have announced that cross-realm trading is temporarily disabled, as they work on a fix for an unspecified issue.
      Trading (Source)
      We’ve identified an issue with cross-realm trading that requires us to temporarily disable the function.
      We’re working on a fix, and until we’re finished with that work, cross-realm trading should fail when attempted.
      We’ll let you know as soon as we’re done.
      Thank you!
    • By Starym
      The very first hotfixes of the War Within pre-patch have arrived! We have Hunter nerfs, fixes for Skyriding, level boosts, Evoker queuing, quests, as well as plenty of Season of Discovery Phase 4 adjustments, from item droprate changes to more class tuning.
       July 24 (Source)
      Classes
      Hunter Beast Mastery Season 3 Class Set - Bestial Wrath summoning a Dire Beast no longer grants a stack of Huntmaster’s Call. Season 3 Class Set - Bestial Wrath Dire Beast summon duration reduced to 10 seconds (was 15 seconds). Huntmaster’s Call - Fenryr and Hati attack damage reduced by 20%. Huntmaster’s Call - Fenryr Haste increase reduced to 8% (was 10%). Huntmaster’s Call - Hati pet Damage buff reduced to 6% (was 8%). Survival Grenade Juggler procs will now only apply 1 Explosive Shot to the primary target (was primary and secondary targets). Players who had a Wildfire Bomb override from Wildfire Infusion’s previous iteration have had them removed. Warlock Destruction Decimation can now only trigger from critical strikes dealt by your direct damage abilities. Player-Characters
      Addressed an issue where newly created Evoker cannot queue for legacy content. Fixed a bug where a player may have been unable to fly if they had not previously unlocked Skyriding/Dragonriding. Any player-characters in this state will now automatically turn on Static Flight mode when they log in. Using a Character Boost, Race Change, or Faction Change no longer disqualifies the character from doing Heritage Armor quests. Quests
      Eadwaerd has remembered where he placed his notes and has set them back out for players, allowing them to complete “Handling It”. Season of Discovery
      Items Burning Essences will now always drop from the Dark Coffer in Blackrock Depths. Librams of Resilience now have an additional chance to drop from certain bosses in Blackrock Depths and Blackrock Spire. When Might of Stormwind is restored from a Chronoboon, the buff will now appear properly in the tooltip and it will now correctly apply to the player's pet. You may now mount while Gift of Gob is active. Darkmoon Card: Sandstorm will now correctly hit enemies that are within line of sight, and not hit enemies that are out of line of sight. Darkmoon Card: Decay internal cooldown increased to 3 seconds. Pix Xizzix now offers the Drakestone caster offhands for 50 Undermine Real each. Developers’ notes: While we don't intend to put everything of this nature onto the vendor, the offhands from Sunken Temple felt right to us. Professions Mixology now always gives at least 2 potions as intended. Professions with adjusted level requirements for Expert and Artisan ranks have been returned to their original level requirements. Druid Idol of the Moon tooltip updated for accuracy and clarity. The item’s effect is unchanged. Idol of the Moon now correctly applies to Starfall and Sunfire. Idol of Brutality now correctly applies to Mangle (Bear). Idol of Ferocity no longer incorrectly discounts Mangle (Bear). Idol of the Dream now correctly affects Swipe (Cat). Mage Players can now have only one Mana Shield active at a time. If an equal or higher rank of Mana Shield is cast on the target, it will overwrite the previous Mana Shield. Fixed an issue with Rewind Time where refreshing Temporal Beacon on a target after that target took damage, which would make any damage taken before the refresh not get healed by Rewind Time. Improved Arcane Missiles now also grants 20% spell pushback resistance per talent point to Regeneration and Mass Regeneration and 14% spell pushback resistance per talent point to Arcane Blast. Mass Regeneration will now refresh Temporal Beacon each time it heals a target, instead of just when initially hitting a target. Paladin Blessing of Sanctuary and Greater Blessing of Sanctuary no longer stack. Libram of the Consecrated is no longer be removed by ticks of Hallowed Ground. Malleable Protection's version of Divine Protection now correctly has a 5-minute cooldown. Malleable Protection's version of Divine Protection will now correctly share a cooldown between its two ranks and Divine Shield. The cooldown on Paladin Avenger's Shield has been reduced to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds), and the duration of its movement Snare effect has been reduced to 5 seconds (was 10 seconds). Priest Juju Might no longer erroneously benefits from the Improved Inner Fire talent. Vampiric Embrace heal range increased from 30 yards to 40 yards. Warrior Rampage now appears as a buff when activated.
    • By Staff
      Here come this week's Beta development notes, featuring more class tuning, PvP changes, profession tweaks and more. 
      Beta (Source)
      Hello testers! Here are this week’s updates to the War Within Beta:
      CLASSES
      DEATH KNIGHT Hero Talents Deathbringer (Blood/Frost) Reaper’s Mark debuff damage has been reduced by 30%. Blood Exterminate damage has been reduced by 10%. Frost Exterminate damage has been reduced by 25%. Rider of the Apocalypse (Frost/Unholy) Trollbane’s Icy Fury damage reduced by 35%. San’layn (Unholy/Blood) Vampiric Strike now scales with Unholy Assault and other similar effects. Visceral Strength’s Strength granted increased to 6% (was 5%). Each stack of Frenzied Bloodthirst’s Essence of the Blood Queen increases your Death Strike and Death Coil damage by 3% (was 2%). Frost All ability damage reduced by 5%. Unholy All ability damage reduced by 10%. Clawing Shadow damage increased by 25%. DEMON HUNTER Hero Talents Fel-Scarred Demonsurge damage increased by 80%. Burning Blades damage over time effect increased by 50%. Enduring Torment now grants 10% increased Chaos Strike and Blade Dance damage (was 5%) and 5% Haste (was 3%). Student of Suffering bonus Mastery effect increased by 50%. Flamebound now grants 40% increased critical damage bonus for Immolation Aura (was 30%). Monster Rising now increases Agility outside of demon form by 8% (was 5%). Havoc All non-Hero Talent ability damage increased by 13%. DRUID Frenzied Regeneration heals you for 20% of your maximum health (was 32%). Renewal heals for 20% of maximum health (was 30%). These changes have been reverted. Hero Talents Druid of the Claw (Feral/Guardian) Bestial Strength increases Ferocious Bite damage by 8% (was 5%) and now increases Rampant Ferocity damage by 8%. Feral Ravage damage dealt to other enemies in front of you increased 25%. Dreadful Wound damage increased by 10%. Elune’s Chosen (Balance/Guardian) Fixed a typo in Lunar Insight’s tooltip. Guardian Boundless Moonlight damage reduced by 70%. Lunar Insight now increases Moonfire damage by 10% (was 20%). Wildstalker (Feral/Restoration) Bloodseeker Vines damage reduced by 10%. Bursting Growth damage increased by 30%. Bond with Nature increases healing you receive by 4% (was 3%). Feral Developers’ note: We are increasing Feral’s damage overall, especially against multiple targets, and moving some of their damage out of Ferocious Bite and into other sources like bleeds and builders. Rip damage increased by 10%. Rampant Ferocity’s damage increased by up to 100% (was 50%) when players spend extra Energy on Ferocious Bite. Taste For Blood increases Ferocious Bite damage by 12% (was 15%) and an additional 12% (was 15%) during Tiger’s Fury. Apex Predator’s chance to proc against multiple targets increased slightly. Shred, Swipe, Brutal Slash, Thrash, Lunar Inspiration Moonfire, and Rake initial damage increased by 30%. Berserk now increases all ability and auto-attack damage by 15% (was 10%). Berserk: Frenzy now causes enemies to bleed for 150% of all direct damage dealt by combo point generating abilities (was 135%). Primal Wrath direct damage increased by 20%. Adaptive Swarm direct damage increased by 20%. Guardian Frenzied Regeneration heals you for 20% of your maximum health (was 32%). Dream of Cenarius increases the healing of the affected Regrowth by 130% (was 200%). Fixed an issue with the increase to the amount of Rage required to trigger After the Wildfire. Nerub-ar Palace (4) Set Bonus updated – Arcane damage you deal is increased by 5% and bleed damage you deal is increased by 8% (was 5%). EVOKER Hero Talents Scalecommander (Devastation/Augmentation) Mass Disintegrate now chains from the Evoker instead of the target, and its range has been increased to 25 yards (was 20 yards). Devastation Animosity causes empower spells to increases the duration of Dragonrage by 5 seconds (was 4 seconds) up to a max of 20 seconds (was 16 seconds). Titanic Wrath is now a 1-point node (was 2). HUNTER Hero Talents Dark Ranger (Marksmanship/Beast Mastery) Black Arrow damage increased by 100%. Shadow Surge damage increased by 50%. Dark Hounds now auto attack as Shadow damage. Withering Fire now fires a 4th arrow. The arrows are slightly more staggered time-wise from each other. Overshadow now increases damage of affected abilities by 20% (was 15%). Sentinel (Survival/Marksmanship) Marksmanship Symphonic Arsenal damage reduced by 25%. Marksmanship Wind Arrows now fire after you cast Aimed Shot, rather than during their cast. Many issues with Wind Arrows failing to fire or breaking have been resolved. Rapid Fire’s cooldown between procs of Wind Arrow has been reduced to 0.2 seconds (was 0.7 seconds). Survival Wildfire Bomb damage reduced by 5%. Flanking Strike damage reduced by 5%. MAGE Hero Talents Frostfire (Frost/Fire) Frostfire has been updated to use Fire Mage’s Living Bomb behaviors and now benefits from talents that affect Living Bomb. Excess Fire now applies Living Bomb at 75% effectiveness for Fire Mages only. Developer’s note: We’re aware of an issue where Frost Mage’s Living Bombs are also being cast at reduced effectiveness. This will be fixed in a future build. Spellslinger (Frost/Arcane) Embedded Splinters maximum stack count reduced to 8 until Splinterstorm is learned. Controlled Instincts no longer has damage variance. Controlled Instincts damage is now capped at 5 targets and no longer splashes. Volatile Magic now correctly damages the primary target having its Embedded Splinters removed. Volatile Magic now deals one instance of damage that scales based on the number of stacks removed. Developer’s note: The changes to Controlled Instincts and Volatile Magic are being made to help reduce the number of damage events and increase performance in high target scenarios. Frost Splinter damage increased by 100%. Embedded Frost Splinter damage increased by 100%. Frost Splinterstorm damage increased by 100%. Splintering Orbs’ Arcane Orb now only grants 2 Splinters per target hit (was 4). Sunfury (Arcane/Fire) Burden of Power now increases the damage of Arcane Blast by 30% (was 15%). Phoenix non-exceptional spell damage increased by 20%. Phoenix Greater Pyroblast damage increased by 30%. Phoenix Arcane Surge damage increased by 100%. Arcane Arcane Barrage damage reduced by 65%. Arcane Barrage damage increase per Arcane Charge increased to 90% (was 30%). Arcane Blast damage increased by 10%. Concentration now procs 3 times per minute (was 2). Arcane Echo now has a 0.2 second cooldown between procs. Arcane Echo damage increased by 25%. Fire Pyroblast damage increased by 5%. Phoenix Flames damage increased by 10%. Fireball damage increased by 20%. Flamestrike damage increased by 10%. Quickflame Flamestrike damage bonus increased to 25% (was 20%). Flame Patch damage increased by 30%. Living Bomb damage increased by 100%. Developer’s note: Living Bomb’s frequency has been creating performance issues in high-target scenarios. The following changes are targeted at reducing damage events while only marginally affecting throughput. We’ll be keeping an eye on how these changes affect Fire Mage and will make adjustments as necessary. All talents that affect Lit Fuse’s proc rate have been reduced by 50%. Lit Fuse Explosive Ingenuity Explosivo Explosivo’s Living Bomb damage increase during Combustion reduced to 40% (was 50%). Developer’s note: Talents that grant a guaranteed Living Bomb gain a lot of power from these changes, so we’re adjusting them to compensate. Deep Impact’s cooldown reduction reduced 10 seconds (was 15 seconds). Living Bomb is now target-capped at 8 targets and no longer splashes. Living Bomb visual effects now have reduced visual fidelity in raid groups. Frost Ice Lance damage increased by 10%. Glacial Spike damage increased by 10%. Flurry damage increased by 12%. Blizzard damage increased by 50%. Frozen Orb damage increased by 10%. Comet Storm damage increased by 10%. Splintering Ray’s Ray of Frost damage increased to 30% (was 25%). Splitting Ice’s Ice Lance damage to nearby enemies increased to 90% (was 80%). Cone of Cold damage is increased by 100%. MONK Brewmaster Brewmaster’s Balance increases Monks’ Armor by 45% (was 50%). Increase to amount of damage staggered has been reduced to 5% (was 8%). PALADIN Shield of the Righteous increases your Armor by 160% of your Strength (was 150%). Hero Talents Templar (Retribution/Protection) Protection Hammer of Light now costs 3 Holy Power (was 5). Holy Holy Shock healing decreased by 8%. Word of Glory healing decreased by 13%. Protection Word of Glory healing increased by up to 300% based on your missing health (was 250%). Bulwark of Order now shields you for 60% of your Avenger’s Shield damage (was 50%). PRIEST Hero Talents Oracle (Holy/Discipline) Resolved an issue causing Premonition of Solace to not benefit from Premonition of Piety and Benevolence. Premonition of Solace absorb value increased by 40%. Premonition of Piety now increases healing done by 15% while active (was 10%). Premonition of Piety now redistributes 70% of overhealing (was 50%) to up to 4 nearby allies (was 3). Resolved an issue causing Premonition of Insight to not work with Rapture. Discipline Preventive Measures now increases the absorb of Power Word: Shield by 25% (was 15%). Preventive Measures now increases the damage of Penance, Smite, and Holy Nova by 25% (was 15%). Preemptive Care now increases the duration of Atonement by 3 seconds (was 1 second). Assured Safety now applies 4 stacks of Prayer of Mending (was 2). Holy Preventive Measures now increases the healing done by Prayer of Mending by 25% (was 15%). Assured Safety now applies a Power Word: Shield at 100% effectiveness (was 25%). Preemptive Care now increases the duration of Renew by 6 seconds (was 3 seconds). Preemptive Care now also applies to the duration of Renews from Revitalizing Prayers and Lightwell. Discipline Rapture cooldown now starts when pressed, and it lasts up to 30 seconds. ROGUE Hero Talents Fatebound (Assassination/Outlaw) Hand of Fate’s “Heads” effect now grants 10% increased damage on its first flip (was 3%). Trickster (Subtlety/Outlaw) Outlaw Nimble Flurry now increases Blade Flurry damage by 20% while active (was 15%). Subtlety Nimble Flurry now flurries 50% of noted ability damage while active (was 40%). Assassination All ability damage increased by 4%. Auto-attack damage increased by 10%. Envenom damage increased by 10%. Crimson Tempest damage increased by 10%. Outlaw All ability damage increased by 10%. Auto-attack damage increased by 10%. Sinister Strike damage increased by 10%. Pistol Shot damage increased by 10%. Blade Flurry initial damage increased by 50%. Sleight of Hand additional chance for Roll the Bones to grant multiple effects increased to 15% (was 10%). Count the Odds chance to grant a Roll the Bones effect increased to 15% (was 10%). Subtlety Auto-attack damage increased by 10%. Eviscerate damage increased by 10%. Black Powder damage increased by 10%. SHAMAN Stone Bulwark Totem now has a 3 minute cooldown, but its effect has been significantly increased. Hero Talents Farseer (Restoration/Elemental) Resolved an issue causing Ancestors to not cast anything when the targeted version of Earthquake is cast. Lava Burst damage from Ancestors increased by 25%. Chain Lightning damage from Ancestors increased by 50%. Healing Surge healing from Ancestors increased by 60%. Ancestral Swiftness is now a 30 second cooldown (was 45 seconds). Heed My Call now increases the duration of Ancestors by 4 seconds (was 2 seconds). Ancient Fellowship now has a 20% chance to trigger (was 15%). Ancient Fellowship is now less random. Stormbringer (Elemental/Enhancement) Stormcaller now increases the critical strike chance of your Nature spells by 5% (was 10%). Tempest secondary cleave damage lowered to 50% (was 70%). Unlimited power reduced from 3% Haste per stack to 1% per stack. Arc Discharge lowered to 2 Chain Lightnings (was 3). Enhancement Conductive Energy’s lightning rod variant is now 10% of damage transfer (was 20%). Totemic (Enhancement/Restoration) Enhancement Tremor now deals Flamestrike damage. Surging Totem’s Tremor frequency is now affected by Haste. Tremor damage reduced by 35%. Restoration Imbuement Mastery now increases the duration of Earthliving Weapon by 3 seconds (was 6 seconds). Chain Heals from Lively Totems no longer consume Whirling Air, Nature’s Swiftness, Tidal Waves, or Tidebringer. Healing Surges cast while Whirling Air and Spiritwalker’s Tidal Totem are active no longer consume Whirling Air. Healing spells cast while Whirling Air and Nature’s Swiftness is active no longer consumes Whirling Air. Elemental Thunderstrike Ward now has its own spell visual. An issue with Thunderstrike Ward dropping off has been fixed. Earthquake now triggers Storm Frenzy on cast only. An issue with Fusion of Elements buff activating from the Icefury override instead of the cast has been fixed. Enhancement Fire and Ice now properly buffs Primordial Wave. Nature’s Fury now properly affects Primordial Wave. Primordial Wave baseline passive buff lowered to 250% (was 500%). Primordial Wave now properly scales with Enhancement Shaman’s Mastery and Elemental Spirits’ elemental damage buffs. Restoration Tidebringer is no longer consumed if Chain Heal is cast while Nature’s Swiftness or Ancestral Swiftness is active. Earthliving Weapon’s heal over time duration is now 6 seconds (was 12 seconds), and healing has been increased by 75%. Undulation can no longer trigger from additional Healing Waves from Primordial Wave. Undulation now displays and highlights Healing Surge or Healing Wave when it triggers instead of being consumed immediately. WARLOCK Hero Talents Hellcaller (Destruction/Affliction) Seeds of Their Demise has been modified to reduce lucky and unlucky streaks when granting Flashpoint or Tormented Crescendo. Zevrim’s Resilience healing has been increased by 800%. Affliction Soul Conduit now has a 5% chance of refunding a Soul Shard (was 10%). Fixed an issue where Tormented Crescendo was not correctly checking if the target had Unstable Affliction, Corruption/Wither, and Agony. Fixed an issue where Cull the Weak was not correctly increasing the damage of the first 4 targets damaged by Malefic Rapture. Demonology Fixed an issue where Impending Doom would not summon a Wild Imp when Doom expires. Destruction Rain of Fire damage increased by 35%. Channel Demonfire damage dealt to nearby enemies increased by 25%. Fixed an issue where Power Overwhelming incorrectly gave 1% Mastery instead of 0.5% Mastery per stack. Fixed an issue where 3 stacks of Power Overwhelming were granted when using Rain of Fire while talented into Inferno. Soul Conduit now has a 5% chance of refunding a Soul Shard (was 10%). WARRIOR Impending Victory heals you for 20% of your maximum health (was 30%). This change has been reverted. Protection Impending Victory heals you for 20% of your maximum health (was 30%). ITEMS
      Removed the Artisan’s Acuity from one-time outdoor professions treasures. So crafters are still able to start with relatively the same amount of Acuity to begin their crafting journey, 200 Artisan’s Acuity has been added to the starter reagent bags from the quest “Crafting to Order” in Dornogal. PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
      CLASSES DEATH KNIGHT Necrotic Aura (PvP Talent) has been removed. DEMON HUNTER Rain From Above’s cooldown has been increased to 90 seconds (was 60 seconds). Chaotic Imprint (PvP Talent) has been removed. PALADIN Lightsmith Fear No Evil now reduces the duration of Fear effects by 10% In PvP combat (was 50%). Holy Bulwark’s absorb is no longer reduced by 50% in PvP combat. Holy Holy Shock’s healing is no longer increased by 15% in PvP combat. Retribution Justicar’s Vengeance heal is no longer reduced by 40% in PvP combat. Truth’s Wake is no longer reduced by 25% in PvP combat. Searing Light is no longer reduced by 20% in PvP combat. Divine Storm’s damage is no longer reduced by 8% in PvP combat. SHAMAN Totem of Wrath now increases critical strike damage and healing by 15% (was 20%). WARLOCK Affliction Soul Swap is now a PvP Talent (was an Affliction talent) – Copies your damage over time effects and Haunt from the target, preserving their duration. Your next use of Soul Swap within 10 seconds will exhale a copy damage of the effects onto a new target. REWARDS Imperfect Ascendancy Serum now grants passive primary stat and Haste. Active effect reduced by 50%. Raid Rewards Swarmlord’s Authority now grants passive Haste (was primary stat). Scarab damage and absorb values increased accordingly. Sikran’s Endless Arsenal’s Surekian Brutality stance bonus damage procced by critical strikes reduced by 50% and can no longer crit. KNOWN ISSUES
      Khadgar, Alleria, and Turnip’s Delight realms will be inaccessible. On “These Go to Eleven” realm, delves may be inaccessible to players.
    • By Stan
      Find out how to unlock the mobile Warband bank in the War Within pre-patch!
      If you're wondering why is Gadgetzan so full in the pre-patch, it's because players are working on unlocking their mobile Warband banks!
      When you log in to the game in the pre-patch, you will find the Warbands: Warbanding Together quest in your quest log. To complete the quest, you must meet Blue and her Warband in Gadgetzan.

Take the Caverns of Time portal in the Stormwind / Orgrimmar portal room and fly to Gadgetzan. At the end of the questline, you will learn the Warband Bank Distance Inhibitor spell that lets you summon your Warband Bank for 10 minutes every 4 hours.
      However, the Warband Bank has been temporarily disabled so we’ll need to wait a bit before we can use the spell.
      You can also watch LeystTV's short video below covering the acquisition method.