FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Orienn

New BFA weapon enchants vs DK runeforge enchants?

Hey I'm a returning player and was curious if the new BFA weapon enchants like the haste or crit would be better than using our class runeforging or if I should use one and the other, currently playing as frost.

30 minutes ago, Orienn said:

Hey I'm a returning player and was curious if the new BFA weapon enchants like the haste or crit would be better than using our class runeforging or if I should use one and the other, currently playing as frost.

Check this out.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Check this out.

I was using those 2 but I got the haste and crit ones and I'm killing things faster so I'm kind of torn between the 2 would be nice if we could have both.

Razorice on your main hand is an absolute must for frost. Main hand weapon damage is worth 3x more than strength, and 5x more than any secondary stat. so the ~50-70% extra weapon damage based on AP is a very large boost. And then you also get the stacking frost vulnerability which is going to give you 15% extra damage on everything you do other than obliterate. I could probably work out the math on exactly how much better it is, but just trust me that this one is far ahead of anything else.

For your off hand enchant, first the things you shouldn't do. never put razorice on your offhand. You'll have nearly 100% uptime on the frost vulnerability by having razorice on your main hand only, and Offhand Weapon damage has a stat weight of about 1.74, vs 6.15 for Main Hand, and 1.72 for Strength. so to make the comparison short, you're looking at ~80 offhand weapon damage vs. ~600 str proc with ~70% uptime (which is why double fallen crusader is bad by the way, you'll have nearly 70% uptime on the buff with just 1 fallen crusader enchant, so the second one is half as effective as the first)

Fallen Crusader on offhand Vs BFA enchant at first seemed like an interesting question, but after a little math I can show you that, while a BFA crit enchant isn't bad, fallen Crusader is definitely better. Fallen Crusader on your offhand in simulations has a 70% uptime, and procs 15% str. For me that makes it a 653str proc, although I'm not sure how that works with flasks, trinket procs, etc, but we'll just use the 653 for comparison. At best Weapon Enchant - Deadly Navigation can eventually stack up to a 600 crit proc. Strength is weighted at ~1.72, and Crit is ~1.31 so this furthers the gap in Fallen Crusader's favor. And since Deadly Navigation is a stacking proc, that then drops after 10 seconds, you aren't getting the full benefit for anywhere near the same 70% uptime fallen crusader has.

Edited by Storm
  • Thanks 1