Frost Death Knight DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Frost Death Knight, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Best Enchants for Frost Death Knights
Frost Death Knights can utilize powerful Runeforges on their weapons instead of normal enchants. Choosing the right enchants is crucial for optimizing your DPS! Here are the best enchants for the different viable builds!
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader for 2H Obliteration.
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader + Rune of Razorice for DW Obliteration (with Shattering Blade).
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader + Rune of Hysteria for DW Breath of Sindragosa.
- Rune of Unending Thirst (+ Rune of the Fallen Crusader if DW) for leveling.
I recommend a lot of speed enchants here. If you are pushing high Mythic+ (24+), use avoidance instead.
For your Ring enchant, Enchant Ring - Devotion of Critical Strike is the most commonly used and will usually be your best choice. It is still recommended that you sim your character to see which enchant is the best for your gear.
Consumables for Frost Death Knights
In Dragonflight, consumables have ranks 1-3, increasing in power with increasing rank. Buying rank 3 is best for damage throughput but is likely to be more costly. You can read more about it below:
Profession Consumable Ranks
As part of Dragonflight's overhaul of Professions, many crafted items and consumables may have multiple ranks of quality that impact their effects. For consumables, there are potentially three ranks of an item that may be used, with Rank 3 items (shown as item level 415 in-game and with three gold stars) providing the most powerful bonuses. However, higher quality consumables will generally be more expensive and not always necessary depending on the content you are doing. You should be willing to use whatever rank of an item is most within your budget, and save higher-quality consumables for content where you will really need the extra boost!
If you would like to learn more about quality ranks on profession items, or the overhaul to professions as a whole, please see our overview below.
Best Flasks, Oils, Potions for Frost
There are three options when it comes to Phials:
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage is your general choice. The high amount of Critical Strike is just very valuable, and the downsides are not very large.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility as your general alternative, giving some nice added defensive value when you cannot justify the damage you take via Corrupting Rage.
- Phial of Elemental Chaos if you already have lots of Versatility. Sim yourself to figure out if it is better.
Buzzing Rune should be placed on your weapons to provide passive crit.
When in combat, you only really have one option for your combat potion to use.
- Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power should be used for both single-target and AoE scenarios.
Warlock Healthstones and Dreamwalker's Healing Potion should be used when at low health.
Always make sure to have Delicate Suspension of Sporesand Residual Neural Channeling Agent available for when you potentially die and want to help out your teammates!
Best Food for Frost
Use Thousandbone Tongueslicer should be used in all scenarios.
Best Gems for Frost
We want to equip an Epic Quality gem in our gear and then follow up with Crit and Mastery in all other slots! This means having one Inscribed Illimited Diamond and then using Sensei's Alexstraszite everywhere else!
For a more detailed breakdown of Frost Death Knight Stats and how Gems, Enchants and Consumables interact with your Stats; please check out our dedicated page linked below.
Death Knight Runeforges for Frost
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader — This Runeforge is always used in your off-hand for dual wield Frost Death Knights and used as the enchant for two-handed Frost.
- Rune of Razorice — This Runeforge is generally only used with DW Obliteration builds. We can talent into a passive application of its debuff, making the Runeforge less valuable.
- Rune of Hysteria — Provides a nice resource boost to your rotation. Used with Breath of Sindragosa to extend its Breath windows.
- Rune of Sanguination — A Runeforge that provides a small execute effect for Death Strike and a small cheat death mechanic. This Runeforge has more of a place in PvP as opposed to PvE content.
- Rune of Spellwarding — Provides small defense towards casters, making it more geared towards PvP situations.
- Rune of the Apocalypse — Currently very weak compared to other options.
- Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle — This Runeforge is a defensive option that does not see play for Frost.
- Rune of Unending Thirst — Commonly used for leveling since it provides movement speed and haste and heals when you kill an enemy.
Best Gems for Frost Death Knights
Primordial Stone Gems
Patch 10.0.7 introduces a new set of Primordial Stone Gems. These can be slotted into Primordial Sockets in the Onyx Annulet ring. A total of three gems can be allocated here. Unfortunately, due to the lack of secondary stats, equipping the new ring with Primordial Stone Gems will be a downgrade compared to any (415+) ring.
We do not recommend using this new ring at all.
For more information regarding the Onyx Annulet, the Primordial Gemstones, and how to obtain them, check out our dedicated guide for it below.
- 12 Nov. 2023: Updated food recommendation.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1. Changed to Crit enchant for rings and added Belt stamina buckle.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated with Primordial Stone Gems for 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Players on Live Servers in Tender Debt?
- How to Get Normal Aberrus Transmog Sets in Patch 10.2
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3