Frost Death Knight DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Frost Death Knight, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.
Best Gems for Frost Death Knights
Domination Shards for Frost Death Knight
Information about Domination Shards can be found on our Gear page:
Best Enchants for Frost Death Knights
|Main-hand Weapon||Rune of Razorice|
|Off-hand Weapon||Rune of the Fallen Crusader|
For your Ring enchant, Enchant Ring - Tenet of Mastery is the most commonly used and will usually be your best choice. It is still recommended that you sim your character to see which enchant is the best for your gear.
Consumables for Frost Death Knights
Best Flasks, Oils, Potions for Frost
Spectral Flask of Power should be used for raids and Mythic+ encounters.
Shaded Sharpening Stone should be placed on your weapon to provide passive damage, and also enhance the power of your combat potions.
When in combat, you have a few options for in-combat potion to use.
- Potion of Spectral Strength should be used for both single-target and AoE scenarios.
Warlock Healthstones and Spiritual Healing Potion should be used when at low health.
Best Food for Frost
Use Iridescent Ravioli with Apple Sauce is usually your Mastery food buff of choice.
Armor Kits for Frost
Use Heavy Desolate Armor Kit where you feel as though you need more Stamina for increased survivability.
Augment Runes for Frost
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
For a more detailed breakdown on Frost Death Knight Stats and how Gems, Enchants, and Consumables interact with your Stats, please check out our dedicated page linked below.
Death Knight Runeforges for Frost
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader — This Runeforge is always used in your off-hand for dual wield Frost Death Knights and used as the enchant for two-handed Frost Mythic+ builds.
- Rune of Razorice — This Runeforge is always used in your main-hand for dual wield and used as the enchant for two-handed Frost raid builds.
- Rune of Hysteria — A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that does not provide as much damage as Rune of the Fallen Crusader for the off-hand enchant.
- Rune of Sanguination — A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that provides a small execute effect for Death Strike and a small cheat death mechanic. This Runeforge has more of a place in PvP as opposed to PvE content and is a viable Runeforge for Torghast.
- Rune of Spellwarding — A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that provides small defense towards casters making it more geared towards PvP situations.
- Rune of the Apocalypse — A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that is currently very weak compared to other options.
- Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle — This Runeforge is a defensive option that does not see play for Frost.
- Rune of Unending Thirst — A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that is commonly used for leveling since it provides movement speed, Haste, and heals when you kill an enemy.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 24 Jan. 2021: Guide reviewed and completely updated.
- 19 Dec. 2020: Updated the recommended consumables section.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated recommended weapon enchant and potion.
- 26 Nov. 2020: Updated Runeforge recommendation for Two-Handed Frost and enchants.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands Release, added new enchants and oil.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: August 2nd
- Fly Without a Mount, Cast Spells, Even in Instances on BCC PTR!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic and Heroic DPS Log Rankings, Week 4: A Look At Individual Bosses
- Teldrassil Animated Wallpaper Engine and Fan Art (Both During and Pre-Burning)
- Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 2 (Week of July 27)
- Korthia Rift Treasures Suggested Map, Route and Tips