Frost Death Knight DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Frost Death Knight, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
Best Gems for Frost Death Knights
Best Enchants for Frost Death Knights
|Main-hand Weapon (Without Frost DK 4-Piece)||Rune of Razorice|
|Off-hand Weapon (Without Frost DK 4-Piece)||Rune of the Fallen Crusader|
|Main-hand Weapon ( Breath of Sindragosa with Frost DK 4-Piece)||Rune of Hysteria|
|Main-hand Weapon ( Obliteration with Frost DK 4-Piece)||Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation|
For your Ring enchant, Enchant Ring - Tenet of Mastery is the most commonly used and will usually be your best choice. It is still recommended that you sim your character to see which enchant is the best for your gear.
Consumables for Frost Death Knights
Best Flasks, Oils, Potions for Frost
Spectral Flask of Power should be used for raids and Mythic+ encounters.
Shaded Sharpening Stone should be placed on your weapon to provide passive damage, and also enhance the power of your combat potions.
When in combat, you have a few options for in-combat potion to use.
- Potion of Spectral Strength should be used for both single-target and AoE scenarios.
Warlock Healthstones and Cosmic Healing Potion should be used when at low health.
Best Food for Frost
Use Iridescent Ravioli with Apple Sauce is usually your Mastery food buff of choice.
Armor Kits for Frost
Use Heavy Desolate Armor Kit where you feel as though you need more Stamina for increased survivability.
Augment Runes for Frost
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes (or the permanent Eternal Augment Rune) to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
For a more detailed breakdown on Frost Death Knight Stats and how Gems, Enchants, and Consumables interact with your Stats, please check out our dedicated page linked below.
Death Knight Runeforges for Frost
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader — This Runeforge is always used in your off-hand for dual wield Frost Death Knights and used as the enchant for two-handed Frost Mythic+ builds. Once you obtain the Frost DK 4-Piece Set Bonus, it becomes your go-to enchant in all scenarios.
- Rune of Razorice — This Runeforge is always used in your main-hand for dual wield and used as the enchant for two-handed Frost raid builds. Your Frost DK 4-Piece Set Bonus essentially mimics the value of this Runeforge partially, making you pick up other options instead of it!
- Rune of Hysteria — Provides a nice resource boost to your rotation. Only picked up with Breath of Sindragosa once you have obtained the Frost DK 4-Piece Set bonus.
- Rune of Sanguination — A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that provides a small execute effect for Death Strike and a small cheat death mechanic. This Runeforge has more of a place in PvP as opposed to PvE content and is a viable Runeforge for Torghast.
- Rune of Spellwarding — A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that provides small defense towards casters making it more geared towards PvP situations.
- Rune of the Apocalypse — A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that is currently very weak compared to other options.
- Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle — This Runeforge is a defensive option that does not see play for Frost.
- Rune of Unending Thirst — A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that is commonly used for leveling since it provides movement speed, Haste, and heals when you kill an enemy.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 24 Jan. 2021: Guide reviewed and completely updated.
- 19 Dec. 2020: Updated the recommended consumables section.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated recommended weapon enchant and potion.
- 26 Nov. 2020: Updated Runeforge recommendation for Two-Handed Frost and enchants.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands Release, added new enchants and oil.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st