Starym

J. Allen Brack Is the New President of Blizzard Entertainment

12 posts in this topic

ekAsOjn.jpg

In somewhat surprising news, Mike Morhaime has stepped down as President of Blizzard Entertainment and World of Warcraft Executive Producer J. Allen Brack is stepping in to fill those massive shoes. Morhaime will stay on as a "strategic advisor" for the company and Blizzard founder Allen Adham as well as Chief Development Officer Ray Gresko have been promoted to Blizzard’s Check executive leadership team.

Check out the full press release below and the two statements from Morhaime and Brack below:

blizzardsmikemorhaime_1924243b.jpg

Blizzard LogoMike Morhaime (source)

FROM MIKE MORHAIME

Dear Members of the Blizzard Community,

When Blizzard’s founder Allen Adham first invited me to join him in creating Silicon & Synapse (our original name), nothing could have prepared me for the amazing adventure that we would share for the next 27 years. Our original mission and values consisted of four simple words that formed our foundation: “We make great games.” We crafted that statement before we had even released our first game, but we were committed to living up to it.

After many years of working with some of the industry’s most talented people to create games and worlds for you to play in, I’ve decided it’s time for someone else to lead Blizzard Entertainment. I will now serve as an advisor to the company I so love and admire. My duties as president of Blizzard will be assumed by my friend, colleague, trusted advisor, and longtime steward of World of Warcraft, J. Allen Brack.

J. is an inspiring leader who has shown unwavering commitment to Blizzard’s community in his 12 years with the company. His leadership on World of Warcraft leveraged his vision, creativity, and commitment to quality, and together with the rest of the dev team helped deliver an experience that is unprecedented in our industry. I couldn’t be happier for J. and know that Blizzard will continue to make great games with him at the helm. 

I am grateful to all of the hardworking and talented people at Blizzard for their dedication and creativity. Their belief in our mission and care for our players has helped Blizzard reach greater heights than I ever could have imagined.

I am also grateful to all of you in the community. We have been through so much together. Not only have you been with me through many of the greatest moments and biggest triumphs of my life, but you have also been there through some of the most difficult. I am fortunate to have been able to meet many of you in person, while the many messages, emails, Tweets, Reddit discussions, and forum posts have provided an unbelievable connection as well. Even Twitch chat. It has always brought me joy, comfort, and inspiration to see the beacons of brilliance, voices of reason, and the passion that exists and evolves every day in all of our communities. 

When we started Blizzard we just wanted to make great games. What we realized is that the games we create are really just a framework for communities and human interaction. When we look back, what we often find that’s most lasting and meaningful from our experiences in games are the relationships we create and foster. You have given me the inspiration and drive to pour my heart and life into what I do. I literally couldn’t have done any of it without you. We have created these worlds, but you have given them life, through your passion, fan art, cosplay, videos, and in so many other ways. 

I truly believe that this amazing community has the potential to be a shining light to the rest of the industry by setting a positive example of inclusivity, tolerance, and acceptance toward others. In the words of one of Blizzard’s core values: remember to always play nice; play fair. I know this community is capable of changing the world.

It has been an honor to serve this community for over 27 years, and I thank you for your many years of support. I look forward to being a member of the community alongside you. See you on Battle.net!

Your fellow Blizzard gamer,

Mike Morhaime

14853-j-allen-brack-wows-executive-produ  

Blizzard LogoJ. Allen Brack (source)

FROM J. ALLEN BRACK

Blizzard community,

Today has been a swirl of emotions. First, I feel a deep sense of gratitude to Mike. His work on some of our industry’s most iconic games is the reason I came to Blizzard. Not only is he an inspiring leader, but he’s also been a wise and patient mentor to me during my time at Blizzard. And he’s been a good friend. Joining the World of Warcraft team and my favorite game company nearly 13 years ago was an unimaginable dream. Now, to be chosen to lead Blizzard into the future is both a huge honor, and a tremendous responsibility.

To do that, I’ll have the help of dedicated and talented Blizzard employees around the world who all share the same mission we have always pursued—to connect and engage the world through the most epic entertainment experiences, ever. Each of us is influenced by Blizzard’s values and a player-first mindset, which serve as the foundation of our company. With these beliefs at the core of everything we do, we’ve been able to deliver great games across different genres and platforms. And there is more to come—we’re working on more games now than at any point in Blizzard’s history.

As I transition from leading a development team to the entire company, I’ll also have the support of our team of experienced leaders at Blizzard. I’m pleased to announce two additions to our executive leadership team who will be instrumental as we move forward. Ray Gresko, a 10-year veteran of Blizzard who helped create both Overwatch and Diablo III, is now our chief development officer. Allen Adham, Blizzard’s original founder and lead designer of World of Warcraft, will join the executive team while continuing to oversee development of several new games. The knowledge and experience that Ray and Allen bring, in addition to the talent already on the leadership team, will be indispensable in helping move Blizzard into the future.

One thing that won’t change going forward—our deeply held commitments that are core to who we are as a company: to gameplay first, to quality in everything we do, and to listening to and partnering with our community. BlizzCon, the IRL representation of our connection with the community, is just a month away and it’s a time of the year that Blizzard employees look forward to the most. And as usual, we have a few surprises.

I want to close by thanking Mike for 27 years of amazing work: I am looking forward to your wisdom and guidance in your new role. And thank you for everything you’ve done to help create the company and the games we love.

J. Allen Brack

Press Release:

Blizzard LogoJ. Allen Brack Appointed President of Blizzard (source)

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--()--Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced the appointment of Blizzard veteran and World of Warcraft® Executive Producer J. Allen Brack as the new president of Blizzard Entertainment succeeding Mike Morhaime, who will remain a strategic advisor to the company. The company also announced the appointments of Chief Development Officer Ray Gresko and Blizzard Founder Allen Adham to Blizzard’s executive leadership team.

“J. has been with Blizzard for over 12 years leading the World of Warcraft team, and it takes vision, creativity and unwavering commitment to excellence to sustain a community of players the way J. has for over a decade,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. “J. is an inspiring leader. He has shown unwavering commitment to our community, to innovation and creative excellence and he cares deeply about ensuring the very best of Blizzard culture will be protected.”

“I am also excited to have Allen Adham, Blizzard’s founder, who rejoined the company two years ago and Ray Gresko, Blizzard’s Chief Development Officer, join Blizzard’s executive leadership team. I have known both Allen and Ray for more than 25 years and they are two of the most capable entrepreneurs in the game industry. They will help make certain that inspiration and creativity remains the focus of Blizzard,” said Kotick.

“I am incredibly honored and humbled to serve as Blizzard’s next president, and to lead one of the best entertainment companies in the world, thanks to the passion and dedication of our player community and employees,” said J. Allen Brack, president, Blizzard Entertainment. “Blizzard was founded on the promise of making great games, and I plan to continue this fierce commitment to quality, our community, and our purpose. I couldn’t be more excited about what’s next given the strength of our pipeline.”

“Thanks to Mike Morhaime’s wonderful stewardship and masterful job of building a truly extraordinary team, epic games and a global community of beloved players, Blizzard is one of the very best game companies in the world,” Kotick added.

“I want to thank all of the talented and hardworking people at Blizzard for their dedication, creativity and passion. It has been a privilege to lead this team. I’m also very grateful to Blizzard‘s player community for their support,” said Mike Morhaime.

About J. Allen Brack

J. Allen Brack is a seasoned game industry veteran bringing nearly 24 years’ experience to this new role. As president of Blizzard Entertainment, Brack is dedicated to maintaining the high standard of quality that has propelled Blizzard to become an internationally recognized leader in interactive entertainment. Most recently, Brack served as executive producer and senior vice president for World of Warcraft, the #1 subscription-based MMORPG in the world. Throughout his twelve years at Blizzard, World of Warcraft has captivated millions of players worldwide and received a steady stream of high-quality content updates, including multiple expansions that rank among the fastest-selling PC games of all time. Prior to joining Blizzard, Brack held multiple roles at Origin Systems, Inc., working on the Wing Commander franchise, and then at Sony Online Entertainment LLC working on Star Wars Galaxies.

About Ray Gresko

As chief development officer, Ray Gresko will oversee ongoing product development efforts across Blizzard’s iconic franchises, to ensure that the company delivers a consistent high-quality experience across its games. Gresko, a 26-year industry veteran, most recently held the role of executive producer for Overwatch, leading the development team through the creation of a brand-new Blizzard franchise and helping launch the game to critical acclaim. Gresko joined Blizzard in 2008 as production director on Diablo III. Previously, Gresko worked on multiple highly regarded LucasArts titles, co-founded and managed Nihilistic Software, and was director of production and studio design director for Stormfront Studios.

About Allen Adham

As executive producer, senior vice president, and founder of Blizzard Entertainment, Allen Adham is responsible for supporting some of the company’s initiatives around new product incubation. In this role, he serves on Blizzard’s executive team and helps shepherd the company’s vision for the future while setting goals and strategies that support Blizzard’s dedication to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. In February 1991, Allen co-founded Blizzard Entertainment with Mike Morhaime and Frank Pearce, serving as the company’s first president and later chairman. He provided executive leadership on the company’s first games, helping to build the industry-leading Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo entertainment universes. This included overseeing the creation of World of Warcraft and serving as the game’s lead designer from inception through its first five years of development.

• Like 3

What a moment of surprise. I hope to see a last speech of Morhaime at Blizzcon if he doesn't start the opening ceremony.

Not sure if it's just a symbolic organizational change or something more serious, but I really loved Morhaime's openness and dedication towards the community. After all it's his own company - Blizzad = Morhaime (and a few others).
As for J. Allen Brack, I don't know much about him, because whenever he gets interviewed he's always trying to keep it as professional as possible and pulls on his poker face. Last time I heard him speak his mind was when he said you think you do - but you don't. But I guess in a position like this it's more important to be on a good term with your colleagues then with the players, so if they approve him, so do I.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

First Metzen, and now Morhaime. It hurts getting old and seeing the ppl who defined my childhood and a great part of my life retire, but on the other hand it may be a big opportunity and I'm sure J. will do a great job. Good luck to you J.

Thank you Mike, for EVERYTHING!!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, benOwar said:

First Metzen, and now Morhaime.

He didn't leave company like Metzen though. Morhaime stays as advisor, and it seems he will be working closely with new president, who isn't really a new person at Blizzard.

Edited by Arcling

33 minutes ago, Arcling said:

He didn't leave company like Metzen though. Morhaime stays as advisor, and it seems he will be working closely with new president, who isn't really a new person at Blizzard.

I know, but still is probably going to work behind the scenes and leave the most of the work to the new president to make the shift as smooth as possible. I think his retirement is just a matter of time which, of course, is more than well earned.

Thank you, Mike! Your work redefined game industry: it gave an example of well-crafted games, with a level of quality that is very rarely, if not never, equaled. Maybe one day the same care for quality and community will spread in the game industry, but it seems that for many years to come Blizzard will remain alone in pushing forward the flag of quality. Blizzard inspired me in a tremendous way: I'm thrilled when I see insight videos that show the process of making games: those videos made me experience Blizzard games in a much deeper way: I can feel the passion and commitment of the developers, I realize how those bits in my hard disk are a work of love, a piece of true art and true engineering. Thank you for having inspired me and other millions of players rather than publishing unpolished games for easy revenue like many other publishers do.

20 hours ago, Veremor said:

Thank you, Mike! Your work redefined game industry: it gave an example of well-crafted games, with a level of quality that is very rarely, if not never, equaled. Maybe one day the same care for quality and community will spread in the game industry, but it seems that for many years to come Blizzard will remain alone in pushing forward the flag of quality. Blizzard inspired me in a tremendous way: I'm thrilled when I see insight videos that show the process of making games: those videos made me experience Blizzard games in a much deeper way: I can feel the passion and commitment of the developers, I realize how those bits in my hard disk are a work of love, a piece of true art and true engineering. Thank you for having inspired me and other millions of players rather than publishing unpolished games for easy revenue like many other publishers do.

Requires your empolyment contract with Blizzard such a post?

I read somewhere that Mike has a net worth of 1.8 Billion because of Blizzard, I know it's doing insanely well financially but that is next level.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      This year's merch sale starts October 11 for BlizzCon & Virtual Ticket holders. It will open to everyone a week later, on October 18. Here's a preview of goodies that will soon become purchasable through the Blizzard Gear Store!
      Blizzard (Source)
      Some BlizzCon loot is about to drop in the Blizzard Gear Store! This year’s online BlizzCon merch sale opens to BlizzCon ticket holders and Virtual Ticket holders starting October 11, and will be open to everyone a week later, on October 18. Here’s a sneak peek of a few of the goodies that will soon be available for purchase.*

Diablo Dark Wanderer Backpack

Overwatch Hanzo & Genji Reversible Bomber Jackets

Blizzard Collectible Pins – Series 5

WoW: Sylvanas & Anduin Heroic Hoodies

Diablo Snap Front Jacket

Overwatch Yachemon Plush

WoW Legends Greymane Statue

Hearthstone Adventure Backpack

WoW Legends Saurfang Statue
      If you want early access to this year’s sale, just order a BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket. Once you purchase your Virtual Ticket, your Blizzard account will automatically be flagged to purchase BlizzCon items from the Blizzard Gear Store beginning with the early access period on October 11.
      If you’re attending the show in person, you should have already received a code to redeem this year’s digital bonuses—including a Virtual Ticket, which grants on Blizzard account early access to the BlizzCon merch sale. These codes were emailed directly to ticket buyers, so if a friend purchased a ticket for you, check with them for your code.
      If you’re in Europe or the Americas, your order will ship out from the Europe or North America Gear Stores respectively. Not all countries may be eligible to participate, and international shipping rates and other fees may apply. For more information, including how to find out if the Gear Store ships to your region, see the Blizzard Gear Store Shipping article on our support site.
      *Not all items may be available for purchase from the EU Gear Store when the sale begins.
    • By Starym
      Blizzard is heading to gamescom tomorrow, August 21st, and it's bringing a whole lot of animation with it! We're getting the now long awaited final entry in the Warbingers series, featuring Queen Azshara and a huge chunk of the Battle for Azeroth lore, where we might find out just what level of Old God involvement the expansion will have (spoiler alert: a lot). Her majesty will also be an endboss in a later raid, is the frontperson on the Blizzard gamescom art and we'll get to see the start of her BfA story in the animated short on August 24th, after the Cosplay contest that starts at 6:15 CEST (and ends at 7:00, but the short might come up a bit earlier than that)!
      In other parts of the Blizzard multiverse we're getting a brand new Overwatch animated short as well, right after a new content reveal panel. We don't really have any hint of what the short could be, although the smart money is on something Hammond/Wrecking Ball related. We'll also get some Lucioball action and get to meet the Lucio, D.Va and Brigitte voice actors!
      We're also getting the return of Hanamura in HotS, as well as a playable Mephisto (at the show only); Tychus Findlay joins the co-op commander ranks in StarCraft 2, Diablo 3 will be playble on the Switch and there will be live drawings from the artists; Hearthstone gets a new Fireside Brawl and audience members competing in challenges in the Puzzle Labs live on stage. There's a lot more content to be had so make sure to check out the full schedule and list of activities below (just click on the image for the full schedule and check out the full press release under that).

You can also check out the full Blizzard gamescom site for additional info.
      Press Release (source)
      BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENTBRINGS A FESTIVAL OF GAMES AND COMMUNITY ATTRACTIONS TO GAMESCOM 2018
      Visitors can play the latest content and take part in activities for all of Blizzard’s game universes in Cologne, Germany, from August 21–25 
      COLOGNE, Germany—August 20, 2018—Blizzard Entertainment will be showcasing its games and celebrating its community at gamescom 2018 in Cologne, Germany, from Tuesday, August 21, to Saturday, August 25. Attendees will have the chance to enjoy the latest playable content and plenty of activities for Overwatch®, World of Warcraft®: Battle for Azeroth™, Heroes of the Storm®, StarCraft® II, Diablo® III, and Hearthstone® at the Blizzard booth in Hall 7 of the Koelnmesse. There’s also a full stage schedule, beginning with the unveiling of new content for Overwatch on Wednesday, August 22.
      A calendar of main stage activities can be viewed on the new “Blizzard at gamescom” website (http://gamescom.blizzard.com) and mobile application, available on the App Store and the Google Play Store. The site and app also feature a catalog of merchandise that can be purchased at the Blizzard store in Hall 5, including some brand-new and convention-exclusive items, and visitors can create a personal wishlist in advance to facilitate their shopping experience. Some items from the gamescom collection can also be purchased directly on the European Gear Store.
      In addition, the Blizzard at gamescom app allows attendees at the event to take an Augmented Reality tour of the Blizzard booth for the chance to win prizes.
      Those who can’t make it to gamescom 2018 in person can watch the daily Blizzard at gamescom show via the website starting at 5:00 p.m. CEST Wednesday, August 22, through Friday, August 24, and 4:00 p.m. CEST on Saturday, August 25. Hosted by actor and presenter Naomi Kyle and well-known YouTuber Mark “Turps” Turpin, the show will include live-streamed and pre-recorded content, with spectators having the ability to change camera angles.
      Visitors to the Blizzard booth at gamescom will be able to experience the following playable content and activities:
      Overwatch
      Blizzard is kicking off the first public day of gamescom 2018 with the Overwatch: New Content Reveal on the main stage starting at 11:15 a.m. CEST on Wednesday, August 22. Followed by the new content reveal will be the European premiere of a new Overwatch animated short, which will also be available to view on YouTube.  German Overwatch World Cup 2018 team members will battle participants from the audience in Lúcioball showmatches live on stage on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for the Overwatch: Lúcioball Challenge. Overwatch heroes D.Va, Lúcio, and Brigitte will come to life as their voice actors perform on stage in the Overwatch: German Voice Actors Panel at 11:00 a.m. CEST on Friday, August 24, followed by a signing session. Attendees at gamescom will be able to enjoy some fun in the sun at the Blizzard booth with Summer Games-themed activities, including custom surfboards, face painting, community Lúcioball tournaments, a working Pachimari claw machine, and more. World of Warcraft
      World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth will be playable on 80 gaming stations at the Blizzard booth, where visitors can enjoy a solo experience with the Siege of Lordaeron in-game event and group up with friends at gamescom for the Island Expeditions feature. World of Warcraft cosplayers will show off creations inspired by the latest expansion on stage and via live stream during the Battle for Azeroth: Cosplay Showcase at 6:15 p.m. CEST on Friday, August 24, followed by the reveal of the third and final episode in the Warbringers series of animated shorts—the tale of Azshara, Queen of the Naga. Top German guilds Aversion and Set Sail For Fail will face off in Island Expeditions live on stage during three rounds of the Battle for Azeroth: Island Expeditions Showcase on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Visitors to the booth will be able to attend a live Darkmoon Faire, with activities like an airbrush makeup station, a fortune teller, and photo opportunities with the Recruit-a-Friend X-53 Touring Rocket mount, as well as renowned European community content creators streaming live. Heroes of the Storm
      A new Prime Evil wreaks havoc on the Nexus—Mephisto, Diablo II’s Lord of Hatred and the latest Ranged Assassin in Heroes of the Storm, will be playable for the first time at gamescom. His spotlight video can be viewed here. The Overwatch-themed Hanamura map is new and improved with an emphasis on action-packed team fights, and it’s back in the game—now dubbed Hanamura Temple, it will be playable by the public for the first time at the Blizzard booth during the show. Check out our Hanamura Temple video to see all of the updates in action. In Heroes of the Storm: Live Drawing with Carbot, Jonathan Burton from Carbot Animations will create his wacky rendition of Mephisto live on stage at 12:00 p.m. CEST on Thursday, August 23. StarCraft II
      It’s about time—Tychus Findlay, the latest Co-op Commander for StarCraft II, will be playable for the first time at the Blizzard booth. His spotlight video can be viewed here. On Wednesday, August 22, and Thursday, August 23, StarCraft II lead co-op designer Kevin Dong will demonstrate the new commander live on stage with YouTubers Lowko and Winter in StarCraft: Commander Co-op. In StarCraft: One vs Many, YouTubers Lowko and Winter will take on any audience members who think they have what it takes to defeat these pros in a live one-versus-three battle on Saturday, August 25, at 3:00 p.m. CEST. Diablo III
      Visitors to the Blizzard booth can try their hand at slaying demons anytime, anywhere, with anyone—Diablo III will be playable on the Nintendo Switch™ console for the first time at gamescom. On Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, a Blizzard artist will be creating some diabolical artwork live on stage in Diablo: Live Drawing with Chris Amaral. Hearthstone
      In Hearthstone: Puzzle Time!, teams of gamescom audience members will race to complete challenges in Hearthstone’s new Puzzle Labs live on stage on Friday and Saturday at 12:15 p.m. CEST. These Solo Adventures for the game’s latest expansion, The Boomsday Project™, will be released to the public on Tuesday, August 21. Hearthstone players can enjoy a brand-new Fireside Brawl, available for the first time at gamescom. Visitors can also snap a photo with a giant game board replica from the Hearth and Home animated short, which premiered at gamescom 2017. In addition to these games and activities, gamescom attendees can head to Blizzard’s main stage for two concerts from the Video Games Live orchestra on Wednesday, August 22, and Thursday, August 23, at 6:00 p.m. CEST; the Blizzard Dance Contest on Thursday, August 23, at 3:30 p.m. CEST; and the popular Blizzard Cosplay Contest closing out the week at 5:00 p.m. CEST on Saturday, August 25. Those watching from home will be able to see the Video Games Live concert, as well as the cosplay contest and the Battle for Azeroth: Cosplay Showcase, via live stream at http://gamescom.blizzard.com.
      For more information about Blizzard at gamescom 2018, visit the website and follow our social media channels for updates live from the event.
    • By Stan
      Blizzard will be back this year at gamescom 2018 with their cosplay contest! If you'd like to participate in the contest, sign-ups are open until July 25. 
      Blizzard (Source)
      Our world-famous dance and cosplay contests will be back this year at gamescom 2018. Visit the Blizzard booth in Hall 7 of the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany from August 21-25, and don’t miss your chance to take part! 
      Get ready to show off your moves on stage in front of a cheering crowd for the Blizzard Dance Contest on Thursday, August 23. Do your best to impress the judges with your favorite World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, or Overwatch character’s dance routine.
      Sign up directly at our gamescom booth before 12:00 CEST on August 23. Full contest rules will be available on site.
      Display your latest Blizzard cosplay creation to the world from our gamescom stage in the Blizzard Cosplay Contest on Saturday, August 25!
      To sign up, send an email in English or German to gamescom@blizzard.com before 23:59 CEST on July 25 with the following information:
      Your name and date of birth (plus the name of your legal guardian if you’re under 18) Contact email address Costume name (e.g. Human Rogue, Protoss Stalker) Photo(s) of your costume (smaller than 2MB file size; you can submit a work in progress) Description of your costume, including: materials used, height, width, length, and any specific details (train, lights, etc.) In order to participate in the contest, you’ll have to be able to walk on stage without any assistance.
      Please review the full Cosplay Contest Rules before signing up.

If you participate in either the cosplay or dance contest, please note that you’re responsible for your own entry to gamescom 2018.
      Both contests are open to individuals aged 13 years and over. See the official rules for additional details.
      Cosplay contestants who sign up in advance will be contacted with more information prior to gamescom. Dance contestants will need to register at the Blizzard booth at least 90 minutes before the contest begins to confirm their participation.
      Due to time and space limitations, it may not be possible for all entrants to participate in the contests.
      We look forward to seeing you up on our stage at gamescom 2018!
    • By Stan
      It took years, but Blizzard finally launched the EU Gear Store. Residents of the 28 EU member states can get their hands on Blizzard collectibles and apparel with lower shipping costs, faster delivery, and no import duties.
      Click here to access Blizzard EU Gear Store
      Blizzard (Source)
      General
      How is the European Gear Store different?
      With items shipping from our European warehouse, shoppers in the 28 EU member states can now get their hands on their favorite Blizzard collectibles, apparel and more, with lower shipping costs, faster delivery, and no import duties.
      Geek your everyday!
      Do I need a Blizzard account to place an order?
      You can make purchases on the EU Gear Store as a guest, but you can also create an account using your existing Blizzard account.
      How can I create a Blizzard account?
      If you don’t have an existing Blizzard account, head to https://eu.battle.net/login/ and click on “Create a free Blizzard Account”.
      Why should I create an account?
      Logging in with a Blizzard account will let you access your order history, track your orders, save your shipping address, and securely store your billing information to facilitate the checkout process. 
      How secure will my data be if I create an account on the EU Gear Store?
      Any personal data collected and/or processed in connection with your use of the EU Gear Store will be subject to our Privacy Policy.  We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to ensure the protection of your data.
      I've purchased products on the US Gear Store in the past; will my details transfer over? 
      Your US Gear Store order history unfortunately can’t be transferred to your EU Gear Store account, but it won’t be lost either. Your order history will still be saved on the US Gear Store and will be accessible by logging in to the US version of the site.
      Can I still shop on the US Gear Store?
      All EU customers are still eligible to shop on the US Gear Store, however, orders may be subject to import duties and custom taxes depending on your country of delivery.
      Languages
      In which languages is the EU Gear Store available?
      The site is currently available in English, French, and German. More languages should be coming in the future!
      How are my default currency and language determined?
      Your current location (IP address) determines if you are shown prices in GBP (£) or Euros (€). The language displayed is based on the language selected in your browser settings.
      How can I change my currency and language preferences?
      You can change your preferences at the bottom of the page.
      Purchasing
      Which payment methods are available on the EU Gear Store?
      Common EU payment methods such as PayPal and major credit cards like VISA, Mastercard, and American Express are available on the EU Gear Store.
      Why are the prices on the US Gear Store and the EU Gear Store different?
      Prices available on the EU Gear Store include any applicable VAT and are set according to region standards. 
      How can I estimate my clothing size?
      A sizing guide is available for apparel items in order to help you choose the best size.
      Each product is unique, and we always recommend that you check our size charts before adding items to your cart. You may want to take the measurements of a similar apparel item (the width of the item just below the arms and the length from shoulder point to hip) and compare them to our size chart.
      Where will my order be shipped from?
      Blizzard European Gear Store products are shipped from our facility in The Netherlands, which has a separate inventory from the US Gear Store.
      What if a product I want is available on the US Gear Store but not the EU Gear Store?
      Due to separate inventories, some products may be available on one site and not the other. If an item you’re interested in is not available on the EU Gear Store, you may purchase it directly on the US Gear Store (import duties, customs, and taxes may apply).
      Can I leave reviews on EU Gear Store products?
      Only visitors with a Blizzard account can leave product reviews, and only on products you have purchased. To do so, head to the product you wish to review and submit your comments. Be sure to see our Customer Review FAQ for information on how we moderate reviews.
      Shipping
      What shipping methods are available on the EU Gear Store?
      The European Gear Store offers two different shipping methods, either Postal Priority (no tracking number) or Courier (with tracking).
      How much does shipping cost?
      The rate may vary depending on the weight of your package, your shipping destination, and the shipping option you choose for your order. The precise rate will be calculated automatically and displayed during the checkout process.
      Which countries do you ship to?
      Shipping Destination
      US Gear Store (gear.blizzard.com/us/)
      EU Gear Store (gear.blizzard.com/eu/ & gear.blizzard.com/uk/)
      United States
      YES
      NO
      European Union*
      YES
      YES
      * European Union countries include the 28 EU member states (excluding overseas territories): Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
      What if my country isn’t listed?
      If your country is not part of the 28 member states of the European Union, you can still order from the US Gear Store. However, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes. 
      Refunds & Returns
      How can I report an issue with my order (defect, exchange, refund request, etc.)? 
      Please check our Terms of Sale and contact our Customer Support team for help.
      Can I cancel or return my order if I change my mind?
      If you are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to withdraw your purchase request within 14 days of receipt of your order without stating any reason. Please refer to the “Right of Withdrawal” section in the Terms of Sale for more information on how to exercise this right.
      How do I cancel an order?
      You can cancel any order you have recently placed, as long as it has not shipped. This option will remain available up to 30 minutes after placing your order. To use it, please log into your account and use the option to cancel your order.
      If you are trying to cancel a pre-purchase order and receive an error, you may need to wait up to one hour after placing the order before you can cancel it. This is a technical limitation caused by the way funds are cleared for pre-orders.
      Pre-Purchase/Promotions
      How does the pre-purchase system work?
      When you pre-purchase an item on the EU Gear Store, the payment is processed immediately, and the item is delivered to you once stock is available (within the timeframe stated in the product description).
      You have the right to cancel your pre-purchase and request a refund before the product is shipped. Once the product has been shipped, if you are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to withdraw your purchase request within 14 days of receipt of your order without stating any reason. Please refer to the “Right of Withdrawal” section in the Terms of Sale for more information on how to exercise this right.
      Can I change my pre-purchase order from the US Store to the EU Store?
      Not directly, but you can cancel the US pre-purchase and place a new one on the EU Gear Store (as long as stock is available). To cancel your original order, log into your account on the US Gear Store and use the option to cancel it. This will only work if the order is still pending and has not shipped yet. Then you can place your EU pre-purchase on the EU Gear Store.

Note: We recommend making sure you can complete the new pre-purchase order, and that stock is available, before canceling your original order.
      Are promotions available on the US Gear Store also valid on the EU Gear Store?
      Local promotions are subject to specific conditions that may not be mirrored on both sites, therefore we cannot guarantee that the same promotion will be offered in both regions simultaneously. If you wish to benefit from a specific promotion, please place an order on the Gear Store offering that promotion.
      I received a US Gear Store promotional code; can I use it on the EU store?
      Promotional codes only apply in the region where they’re issued. Therefore, a US Gear Store promotional code can’t be redeemed on the EU Gear Store.
    • By Stan
      Gamescom is returning to Cologne, Germany this summer and the event will run from August 21-25.
      At Gamescom 2017, visitors to the Blizzard booth were able to experience a brand-new Overwatch map and the world premiere of the Overwatch animated short. Hearthstone players could enjoy an early look at new Fireside Gathering features and WoW gamers learned more about Legion's Patch 7.3. Blizzard introduced a new Hero for HotS that was available for gameplay, StarCraft II got a new co-op commander, and attendees were able to play Diablo III's Rise of the Necromancer pack.
      Blizzard (Source)
      The world’s largest interactive entertainment event is coming back to Cologne, Germany this summer… and we’ll be there! From August 21-25, stop by the Blizzard booth at gamescom 2018 for some hands-on play time with Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, which launches on August 14.
      We’ll also have plenty of activities for you, including our famous dance and cosplay competitions, as well as some epic merchandise at the Blizzard store. Stay tuned for details as the event nears, and we look forward to seeing you at gamescom 2018!