Starym

Updated: 370 Item Level Emissary Azerite Live

Sign in to follow this  

29 posts in this topic

2f9oto9.jpg
 

Update: A couple of tweets from the devs clarify exactly how the scaling of the rewards works related to your equipped/bagged item levels.

______________________________________________________________

The previously mentioned increased item level hotfix for Azerite armor emissary rewards has gone live today for both factions:

Here's the original blue post as a reminder and you can check out all the announced improvements and clarifications for them here:

Blizzard LogoAzerite Armor in Emissary Rewards (source)

We need to make Azerite Armor more available, for all types of players, through a method everyone can utilize. So we’re actually looking at Emissary rewards for that. The plan is to make Azerite Armor rewards from Emissary quests scale all the way up to 370 (based on your item level), which gives everyone a new, reliable source for appropriate gear. Further on, we’re looking at making some further improvements to the ways Emissaries reward gear, but getting more Azerite Armor in your hands is the higher priority for the immediate future.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warfronts : free 370

Arathi world boss  : free 370

WQ : free 370

At this rate you can just make the raid lfr and mythic only since apparently the other 2 difficulties are for show only and can get their IL from casual play

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kurosu said:

Warfronts : free 370

Arathi world boss  : free 370

WQ : free 370

At this rate you can just make the raid lfr and mythic only since apparently the other 2 difficulties are for show only and can get their IL from casual play

Warfront - yep, once a month, you get a free random 370 piece of gear.  Likely not an Azerite piece

Arathi WB - Small chance to drop 370+ loot.  I had 5 toons kill this last cycle on got 2 pieces with rerolling on all 5.  And again, a once a month chance.

WQ.  Azerite piece that can SCALE up to 370.  Meaning you need to grind up a higher base iLevel, probably around 351, since you need 321 for it to scale to 340.  You aren't getting 351 in "just" casual play.  Likely it will be 355 when you are doing Normal raid, and 370 once you are attempting Heroic raid.

Raiding is also only one source for gear.  Mythic+ is the more popular end game content and doesn't drop Azerite pieces, except for a chance in the weekly.  Again small chance.  I haven't seen an Azerite piece yet on any of the 5 max level toons from the weekly cache.  And most likely none of my alts will be raiding much, the pain of most pugs isn't worth it.  So yes, another source for higher iLevel "Azerite Armor" after grinding up other pieces from M+ is welcome.

Edited by Gilby79
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gilby79 said:

Warfront - yep, once a month, you get a free random 370 piece of gear.  Likely not an Azerite piece

Arathi WB - Small chance to drop 370+ loot.  I had 5 toons kill this last cycle on got 2 pieces with rerolling on all 5.  And again, a once a month chance.

WQ.  Azerite piece that can SCALE up to 370.  Meaning you need to grind up a higher base iLevel, probably around 351, since you need 321 for it to scale to 340.  You aren't getting 351 in "just" casual play.  Likely it will be 355 when you are doing Normal raid, and 370 once you are attempting Heroic raid.

Raiding is also only one source for gear.  Mythic+ is the more popular end game content and doesn't drop Azerite pieces, except for a chance in the weekly.  Again small chance.  I haven't seen an Azerite piece yet on any of the 5 max level toons from the weekly cache.  And most likely none of my alts will be raiding much, the pain of most pugs isn't worth it.  So yes, another source for higher iLevel "Azerite Armor" after grinding up other pieces from M+ is welcome.

So just checked, My main is 360 iLevel and the current available Emissary cache scales up to 355.  So is far from free and easy 370 gear.

Edited by Gilby79
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gilby79 said:

Warfront - yep, once a month, you get a free random 370 piece of gear.  Likely not an Azerite piece

Arathi WB - Small chance to drop 370+ loot.  I had 5 toons kill this last cycle on got 2 pieces with rerolling on all 5.  And again, a once a month chance.

WQ.  Azerite piece that can SCALE up to 370.  Meaning you need to grind up a higher base iLevel, probably around 351, since you need 321 for it to scale to 340.  You aren't getting 351 in "just" casual play.  Likely it will be 355 when you are doing Normal raid, and 370 once you are attempting Heroic raid.

Raiding is also only one source for gear.  Mythic+ is the more popular end game content and doesn't drop Azerite pieces, except for a chance in the weekly.  Again small chance.  I haven't seen an Azerite piece yet on any of the 5 max level toons from the weekly cache.  And most likely none of my alts will be raiding much, the pain of most pugs isn't worth it.  So yes, another source for higher iLevel "Azerite Armor" after grinding up other pieces from M+ is welcome.

You dont want warfront 370.You want Uldir traits.

Arathi its not once per month but 2 chances every 25 days.And if they even get warfrorged they are almost mythic IL.

And as far as scaling goes, with all the free 340 and 370 ALREADY in existence. its not hard at all to scale the cache either

Looks like people want mythic purples for free in order to be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kurosu said:

You dont want warfront 370.You want Uldir traits.

Arathi its not once per month but 2 chances every 25 days.And if they even get warfrorged they are almost mythic IL.

And as far as scaling goes, with all the free 340 and 370 ALREADY in existence. its not hard at all to scale the cache either

Looks like people want mythic purples for free in order to be happy.

no, what people want is a working system where they are rewarded properly for the time and skill invested. wq azerite is useless, its either pvp or the gonk outrunner garbage. arathi world boss azerite is useless, its pvp gear. normal world boss gear is useless, its 355 and again, the traits are garbage. 

 

people want to be able to say "hey, i need shoulders so im going to spam "x dungeon" this week and try to fill that slot" and that is an entirely acceptable way to think and not at all unreasonable. i dont agree with free loot for whiny millennials, but this "fix" is nothing more than artificial ilvl boosting with two major problems: you ilvl goes up, but you still have to use lower ilvl gear b/c of traits, and 2) the skill cap has been lowered once again so every form of group content in this game is toxic. you cant even separate yourself from bad players by doing the hardest content because now everyone has the gear to do that content, but not the skill. this entire game has been turned into a toxic nightmare over the past two expansions, and bfa really hit it home. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Demonpuke said:

no, what people want is a working system where they are rewarded properly for the time and skill invested.

 

Arathi and world quest require minimal time (hell you can even afk in warfront and nobody cares anymore) and literally no skill.And they give IL of mythic dungeons and heroic raids.Yeah that makes total sense.I think you deserver mythic raid gear mate.In fact I will support you if you ask bliz to give you siege of zuldazar items because you are special and deserve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not even a half-solution. Only helps to increase ilvl for casual players and if you still need dungeon traits your are f... Most of the WQ traits are useless and even if someone need a trait from there just one more RNG (again). This whole problem is around traits and not ilvl, so I don't understand Blizz how can be so stupid to think an ilvl increase like this will fix anything.

At least where I play in M+ there score>ilvl so easy to filter incompetent players, but this make it harder in overall groups like pugs and etc, if casual players can be 370.. it's just ridiculous. The gear should show the skill rating of the player in raiding and in dungeons too. So bad to see in past yeasr the game became so casual-friendly that's already have bad influence on the game if you are not a casual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kurosu said:

Arathi and world quest require minimal time (hell you can even afk in warfront and nobody cares anymore) and literally no skill.And they give IL of mythic dungeons and heroic raids.Yeah that makes total sense.I think you deserver mythic raid gear mate.In fact I will support you if you ask bliz to give you siege of zuldazar items because you are special and deserve it.

that is literally what i said, you must be one of those morons i was talking about seeing as how you cant even read and understand clearly written english. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gilby79 said:

You aren't getting 351 in "just" casual play.  Likely it will be 355 when you are doing Normal raid, and 370 once you are attempting Heroic raid.


That's not true.   Unless you're just very unlucky.  And emissary and WQ rewards are related to your Heart of Azeroth ilvl, not your overall ilvl (edit: Blizz's info says I'm wrong here about emissary rewards, my bad).  Or at least that's how WQs work.  I know because they've spontaneously changed to increased ilvl the moment I jumped to the next level of faction with Champions of Azeroth, without needing to wait for them to be completed or expire.

I have a DH that's 352 composite ilvl with a Heart of Azeroth at 367 and I'm about 2/3 through Revered and working on Exalted for the next big bump.  I've not done a single Mythic.  All gear is from WQ, Emissary, Warfront, World Boss and Arathi named Rare.  I play as a way to pass time and stay occupied and decompress and don't have a whole lot of patience for dealing with my rewards being dependent on groups of other people knowing what they're doing so I favor solo play or what can be accomplished ad hoc like the world bosses, etc. so far.  It's still what I'd consider casual play.  One of the AZ pieces is already 370 a few weeks now and I have two of the highest DPS traits for the Havoc class.

I have a hunter that's 344, is one piece shy of being full epic (still have a blue 320 trinket) and I wasn't quite as lucky on the rolls up to warforge, titanforge, etc. so there are more 340 pieces on it with fewer 370 and 350+ pieces so far but my neck is at 350 and will, after tonight's round of Champions WQs be at least 365.

It might happen slower than if I'd been grinding out Mythics but I'm actually within a few ilvl of guildies that seem to do Mythics all the time and have started working up to +2 or +5 but I'm not that worried about it because I routinely outperform them, if not outright demolish them in groups because they don't sim, don't know what stats are important or what traits are important or best on any individual piece or in concert with their spec and other pieces.  

Edited by Sholto
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Demonpuke said:

that is literally what i said, you must be one of those morons i was talking about seeing as how you cant even read and understand clearly written english. 

No,what you said was that you want the better traits because you dont like the WQ ones.But you dont want to go in raid and get em,oh no.You want em as WQ rewards.And its ironic that you cry about the toxicity of the game when you yourself call someone else a moron because he doesnt agree to the way you want the game to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kurosu said:

No,what you said was that you want the better traits because you dont like the WQ ones.But you dont want to go in raid and get em,oh no.You want em as WQ rewards.And its ironic that you cry about the toxicity of the game when you yourself call someone else a moron because he doesnt agree to the way you want the game to be.

thats not even close to what i said. not even remotely. i called you a moron because you are having such a hard time understanding written words. you havent disagreed with anything that i actually said, you are literally trying to put words in my mouth just to start an argument. from what you are saying it is clear you read the first few words of my comment, got all antsy and immediately set into posting your toxic comment instead of taking a minute to read my entire post, analyze it, and then move on. obviously you are too stupid for that. stop talking kurosu, you're too stupid to talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hypersonic said:

The gear should show the skill rating of the player in raiding and in dungeons too. So bad to see in past yeasr the game became so casual-friendly that's already have bad influence on the game if you are not a casual.

Gear has literally never been an indicator of skill in this game, and it was even easier for unskilled players to be carried for gear when there were 40mans.  The effort required to grind out HWL/GM in early PvP didn't even guarantee that player knew how to actually PvP, else there wouldn't be so many Vanilla PvP videos with HWL/GM/BWL/AQ geared players getting killed by better skilled players in dungeon sets and MC gear.  They couldn't even depend on the baseline differential in power to defeat certain classes if played better.

Similarly, ilvl has never been an absolute indicator of a better piece of gear or equivalent to the point of being interchangeable with another piece of gear of the same quality.  Ever.

edit: not only that, the fact that lower ilvl AZ pieces with preferred traits will outperform higher ilvl pieces with unfortunate traits is a direct parallel to needing to sometimes still wear lower tier pieces in one or even two raid tier's progression content to retain certain set bonuses that offered synergy with specific specs and stats (and the occasional ridiculous synergy of a much lower tier item being BIS until the class itself gets altered...see T7 HAT-spec Sub rogue required to DW blue dungeon daggers in direct and ironic opposition to all conventional rogue mechanics in the game up to that point, with 25man KT daggers languishing in their bags or bank).  It happens, pretty much always has, because Blizz doesn't really know how classes interact with gear and stats and exists in a constant state of reaction to data coming back from players in game, on live, and then deciding if they like or don't like how things are working.

 

Edited by Sholto
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Demonpuke said:

thats not even close to what i said. not even remotely. i called you a moron because you are having such a hard time understanding written words. you havent disagreed with anything that i actually said, you are literally trying to put words in my mouth just to start an argument. from what you are saying it is clear you read the first few words of my comment, got all antsy and immediately set into posting your toxic comment instead of taking a minute to read my entire post, analyze it, and then move on. obviously you are too stupid for that. stop talking kurosu, you're too stupid to talk.

Cries that community is toxic--->calls people moron and stupid because they dont agree with his views.

I sincerely hope you are not like that in your real life as well.Goobye, enjoy insulting people online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kurosu said:

Warfronts : free 370

Arathi world boss  : free 370

WQ : free 370

At this rate you can just make the raid lfr and mythic only since apparently the other 2 difficulties are for show only and can get their IL from casual play

People with your mentality are the main problem WoW has always had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Demonpuke said:

no, what people want is a working system where they are rewarded properly for the time and skill invested. wq azerite is useless, its either pvp or the gonk outrunner garbage. arathi world boss azerite is useless, its pvp gear. normal world boss gear is useless, its 355 and again, the traits are garbage. 

 

people want to be able to say "hey, i need shoulders so im going to spam "x dungeon" this week and try to fill that slot" and that is an entirely acceptable way to think and not at all unreasonable. i dont agree with free loot for whiny millennials, but this "fix" is nothing more than artificial ilvl boosting with two major problems: you ilvl goes up, but you still have to use lower ilvl gear b/c of traits, and 2) the skill cap has been lowered once again so every form of group content in this game is toxic. you cant even separate yourself from bad players by doing the hardest content because now everyone has the gear to do that content, but not the skill. this entire game has been turned into a toxic nightmare over the past two expansions, and bfa really hit it home. 

Funny that you should say this and have the most toxic posts (plural) here by far. Maybe others aren't the problem? People like you are the reason people like me don't raid. And I'm no millennial, I promise you that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i havent seen any 370s. They are not as easy to come by, after all. I have had 363 yesterday and the AZ piece was still 355. So i thought my theory that you will need 365 for it to scale up to 370 was true. But then a friend of mine has had 355s as well, with 367gear! ... So i guess, you have to have 370 already to get them? :'/

Would be a real shame, because everything else in emmisary rewards scales up earlier, like 5 or even 10 ILs over over your average. Weird that those are now an exception. Or 355s are available, but 370s a bit later? i am clueless

Has anyone got a 370 piece?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Sholto said:

Gear has literally never been an indicator of skill in this game, and it was even easier for unskilled players to be carried for gear when there were 40mans.  The effort required to grind out HWL/GM in early PvP didn't even guarantee that player knew how to actually PvP, else there wouldn't be so many Vanilla PvP videos with HWL/GM/BWL/AQ geared players getting killed by better skilled players in dungeon sets and MC gear.  They couldn't even depend on the baseline differential in power to defeat certain classes if played better.

Similarly, ilvl has never been an absolute indicator of a better piece of gear or equivalent to the point of being interchangeable with another piece of gear of the same quality.  Ever.

edit: not only that, the fact that lower ilvl AZ pieces with preferred traits will outperform higher ilvl pieces with unfortunate traits is a direct parallel to needing to sometimes still wear lower tier pieces in one or even two raid tier's progression content to retain certain set bonuses that offered synergy with specific specs and stats (and the occasional ridiculous synergy of a much lower tier item being BIS until the class itself gets altered...see T7 HAT-spec Sub rogue required to DW blue dungeon daggers in direct and ironic opposition to all conventional rogue mechanics in the game up to that point, with 25man KT daggers languishing in their bags or bank).  It happens, pretty much always has, because Blizz doesn't really know how classes interact with gear and stats and exists in a constant state of reaction to data coming back from players in game, on live, and then deciding if they like or don't like how things are working.

 

Yeah I know, but it's simple weird that you can get this gear for absolutely nothing effort same like free warfront pieces (ah sorry you need to grind reputation for that due system still calculate your neck as well) and just not in balance what you need to clear for example HC Uldir or doing M+ 10 runs to get this ilvl gear. I think this is serious problem because just like Demonpuke said:

 

8 hours ago, Demonpuke said:

what people want is a working system where they are rewarded properly for the time and skill invested

I totally agree with this. Already zero gap between casual and semi-hardcore players in gear what make the game feeling just "meh" and it should't be so. I play that +12 M+ to get better gear than who can't even finish 5 or 3. This is the same problem with the idiot level TF forging as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lawrenz said:

So i havent seen any 370s. They are not as easy to come by, after all. I have had 363 yesterday and the AZ piece was still 355. So i thought my theory that you will need 365 for it to scale up to 370 was true. But then a friend of mine has had 355s as well, with 367gear! ... So i guess, you have to have 370 already to get them? :'/

Would be a real shame, because everything else in emmisary rewards scales up earlier, like 5 or even 10 ILs over over your average. Weird that those are now an exception. Or 355s are available, but 370s a bit later? i am clueless

Has anyone got a 370 piece?

Well, it depends what Blizzard wants to achiev with this. Probably they just want to adress the amount of different pieces we can get within same ilvl. This means: if we got a 370 piece with bad traits, then we have another source to get one with good traits. But to say: i don't know what kind of gear can be looted out of an emissary chest.

I have another view on that whole thing. I think it's just a bad way and next thing Blizzard does in their way. Well it's okay, it's their game and i'll play it whether they do it or not. But it's a bad approach to bring things back on track. It's like swallowing medicine over medicine instead takling the root. The cause are the imbalanced traites and nothing else. Some traits are awesome while others are not helpfull at all. This big scissors is why i need to wear an ilvl 840 instead ilvl 885! This is just ridiculous bad design and is still not adressed by this "fix". Wanna know my opinon? This whole azerit-gear is not well-thought-out and this has already been mentioned during beta. I don't know who exactly has the lead by Blizzard through this expansion, but in terms of class- and reward-design these guys do and did an aweful job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VictorVakaras said:

People with your mentality are the main problem WoW has always had. 

Casual  people like you ( which I do not consider a bad thing) that want the same IL and in game rewards with people that work for them is the actual problem wow has.But saddly you are the majority of the subscribers so..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TL:DR you can get 370 pieces if your gear is around 370 already making this a useful way to catch up on Azerite if your other gear is already at that level.

Its not meant to give large gear upgrades like emissaries up to 340.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allseye said:

This big scissors is why i need to wear an ilvl 840 instead ilvl 885! 

As far as I know about ilvl/Azerith traits performances, i don't see any situations in which you want to do that...

I'm not even convinced by not taking a +15 ilvl for a better azerith trait.. (The only exeption might be if you loose your last reorigination array trait and you are raiding in uldir)... So +45 ilvl...

Also this emissary system doesn't realy look like a atch up system, you need to be stuffed to get your 370 azerith piece... Which seems ok (at least fore me ^^).

 

PS: where do you loot 840 stuff? i'm stuck with 390 at most... :)

Edited by LeGoret
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way this is helpful is to get more azerite items and hope for better azerite powers.

The ilvl is completely garbage.

Oh, it's also helpful if you were VERY unlucky and have 340 shoulders with total ilvl 355.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hypersonic said:

 

Yeah I know, but it's simple weird that you can get this gear for absolutely nothing effort same like free warfront pieces (ah sorry you need to grind reputation for that due system still calculate your neck as well)...


Oh I agree with this.  Never before has so good a gear been so easy to get so early in the game.  Normally this is like mid expansion stuff, like Timeless Isle with the whole "catch up" idea.  I remember coming back to the game after leveling one or two toons to cap almost coincidentally with the release of Timeless Isle and was amazed that, on my paladin, I caught a lucky farming group and went from boosted greens on that character to nearly full epic in a single night, and strong enough that taking on multiple elite mobs on the island wasn't a sure death sentence.  

This is better gear than that almost immediately out of the gate.  It's so easy I'm just jaw on the floor at guildies who seem to be online as much or more than me, aren't at least 300 within moments of hitting 120 and at or passed 325 within hours of being 120.   Because I literally wore the 300/310 crafted pieces for less than a few hours because I was able to prioritize Champions and hitting Azerite reward quests, opening up WQs, etc.   Except to familiarize yourself with the fights there's almost no reason to do Heroics for gear, 'cept maybe trinkets or if you've just been unlucky with drops and rewards for AZ pieces.

What worries me is getting so close to 400 this fast, what's going to be the cap before the next expansion in two years?  Stat creep has been such a problem and already this expansion is no exception.  Mione basically quit because of it, and now we have a mid level Mythic+ dungeon solo cleared by not a DK or Paladin but a DH, and he was "only" 374.   I'm not sure if it's truly Blizz just doesn't get character scaling and stats and specs or are they just doing it to give even the most casual player more of a feeling of power with at least some effort.

And it does take some, and it does take actually knowing how to get the game to help you out and offer you these rewards.  I still consider myself casual based on my play but even doing the most basic research on class, spec, stats and traits still seems to be beyond what the, I dunno, "true casual" is capable of putting forth?   I think I get what you're saying though and though I haven't cared about raiding since Wrath I both enjoy the benefits of this while recognizing it as a potential problem, I'm just not sure of the why.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      Our Patch 8.1.5 hub features the latest information about the upcoming Battle of Azeroth content update.
      Welcome to our Patch 8.1.5 content hub. Here, you will find all information related to World of Warcraft's Patch 8.1.5 that was deployed to Public Test realms on January 8.
      Table of Contents
      Patch 8.1.5 Release Date Patch 8.1.5 Class Changes & Highlights Kul Tiran Humans & Zandalari Trolls Crucible of Storms Raid New Brawler's Guild Season Orgrimmar & Stormwind Portal Rooms Warlords of Draenor Timewalking New Micro-Holidays Tools of the Trade Profession Questlines Arathi Basin & Warsong Gulch Visual Updates Heirlooms Scale to Level 120 New Quests (War Campaign, Hati Reborn, Magni Questline) New Mounts Wintergrasp Returns Darkmoon Faire Roller Coaster Patch 8.1.5 Release Date Speculation 
      The final Raid Finder Wing of Battle of Dazar'alor raid opens on February 26, so we can expect the patch to hit live servers sometime at the beginning of March 2019.
      Patch 8.1.5 Datamining 
      Every week, a new build becomes available for testing on PTR. In this section, you can find the latest build coverage that focuses on Class changes and highlights.
      Note: Some Class changes may be deployed to the live game via hotfixes.
      Build Highlights
      Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Highlights Patch 8.1.5 Build 29141: Highlights Patch 8.1.5 Build 29220: Highlights Patch 8.1.5 Build 29281: Highlights Patch 8.1.5 Build 29352: Highlights Class Changes
      Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes Patch 8.1.5 Build 29141: Class Changes Patch 8.1.5 Build 29220: Class Changes Patch 8.1.5 Build 29281: Class Changes Patch 8.1.5 Build 29352: Class Changes Kul Tiran Humans & Zandalari Trolls 
      Both Allied Races will be available in Patch 8.1.5. Unlock requirements are pretty straightforward. You need to be Exalted with two Battle for Azeroth factions, finish the Battle for Azeroth story on Kul Tiras or Zandalar, and complete the Tides of Vengeance War Campaign.
      Kul Tiran & Zandalari Troll Racial Abilities Unlock Requirements
      Allied Race Unlock Requirements Kul Tiran Humans Exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty + Tides of Vengeance + A Nation United Zandalari Trolls Exalted with The Zandalari Empire + Tides of Vengeance + Zandalar Forever! Kul Tiran Humans

      Kul Tiran Humans Overview Zandalari Trolls

      Zandalari Trolls Overview Crucible of Storms Raid 
      The two-boss located under Shrine of the Storm serves as a bridge between Battle of Dazar'alor and the raid that will come in Rise of Azshara (Patch 8.2). A portion of N'zoth can be found here. Crucible of Storms will open in a few weeks after Patch 8.1.5 goes live. The item level of rewards is still to be determined. A short questline involving Xal'atath will lead players into the raid.
      Crucible of Storms Encounters

      The Restless Cabal

      Uu'nat, the Harbinger of the Void 
      A New Season of Brawler's Guild 
      A new Brawler's Guild Season awaits in the upcoming patch. Players will be able to unlock new rewards, such as transmog sets, shirts, and a new crocolisk mount!
      Brawler's Guild Mount Preview (Bruce) New encounters include Mama Stormstout, Phillip Carter Tracey, Robe-Robber Robert, Tidemistress Shellbreaker, Zaxx Dreadslice, and more.

      Portal Rooms in Stormwind & Orgrimmar 
      Both faction cities have been updated with new portal rooms that lead to seven locations of interest.
      Portal Room Visual Updates #1 Orgrimmar & Stormwind Portal Rooms Warlords of Draenor Timewalking 
      Warlords of Draenor dungeons will be added to the Timewalking event.
      The Everbloom Bloodmaul Slag Mines Iron Docks Auchindoun Shadowmoon Burial Grounds Skyreach The WoD Timewalking Vendor will sell two mounts for Timewarped Badges and Draenor faction tokens. You can find more details about the event here.

      New Micro-Holidays 
      Three micro-holidays are coming in Patch 8.1.5:
      The Wanderer's Festival Free T-Shirt Day Vashji'r Diving Day Tools of the Trade Profession Items & Questlines 
      New Profession quests called Tools of the Trade are coming in Patch 8.1.5. They were first shown off at last year's BlizzCon and the items provide you with interesting boons.
      Tools of the Trade Profession Items Preview Arathi Basin & Warsong Gulch Visual Updates 
      Both Battlegrounds have been updated to meet the visual fidelity of today's standards.

      Heirlooms 
      Heirlooms can be upgraded to scale to level 120 in Patch 8.1.5. Blizzard decreased the price of all Heirloom upgrade tokens in the latest patch.
      Heirlooms Scale to Level 120 Heirloom Upgrade Tokens Cheaper in Patch 8.1.5 New Quests 
      The War Campaign continues with a new chapter for both factions. Hunters will be able to complete the "Never Hunt Alone" questline to tame Hati again, and Magni's efforts to heal Azeroth continue. A new Before the Storm questline was added which involves Feathers, a new mechanical parrot battle pet.
      New Mounts 
      Two interesting mounts are coming in Patch 8.1.5. Alliance players will be able to obtain a wolf, whereas the Horde can finally get their hands on a horse mount!
      Bloodflank Charger Ironclad Frostclaw Wintergrasp's Back! 
      Wintergrasp will be added to the pool of Epic Battlegrounds in Patch 8.1.5.
      Darkmoon Faire Roller Coaster 
      Darkmoon Faire received a new roller coaster in Patch 8.1.5. A ride will give you the WHEE! buff that increases Experience and Reputation gains by 10% for 1 hour, similar to the Darkmoon carousel.
      Darkmoon Faire Roller Coaster Your latest source of Patch 8.1.5 news.
    • By Stan
      Can't wait to roll a Zandalari Troll when Patch 8.1.5 is out? Check out our in-depth preview of everything we know about the Allied Race!
      You can find more information about Patch 8.1.5 in our hub!
      Table of Contents 
      Release Date Unlock Requirements Playable Classes Druid Forms Shaman Totems Racial Abilities Racial Mount Paladin Mount Heritage Armor Customization Options Dance Animations Intro Cutscene Release Date 
      Zandalari Trolls are coming in Patch 8.1.5. No official release date has been announced yet, but we expect the patch to go live in March.
      Unlock Requirements 
      Allied Race Unlock Requirements Zandalari Trolls Exalted with The Zandalari Empire + Tides of Vengeance + Zandalar Forever! Playable Classes 
      Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior Druid Forms [Return to Top]
      Aquatic Form
      Blue

      Dark

      Green

      White

      Bear Form
      Blue

      Dark

      Green

      White

      Cat Form
      Blue

      Dark

      Green

      White

      Flight Form (Pterrordax Form)

      Moonkin Form

      Empowered (Incarnation: Chosen of Elune) Moonkin Form

      Travel Form (Sabertusk Form)

      Shaman Totems [Return to Top]
      Air Totem

      Earth Totem

      Fire Totem

      Water Totem

      Racial Abilities [Return to Top]
      Embrace of the Loa - Choose your Loa to gain a powerful effect. Embrace of Akunda - Your healing abilities have a chance to heal their target for damage. Embrace of Bwonsamdi - Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal damage Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done. Embrace of Gonk - Increase movement speed by 5%. Embrace of Kimbul - Your damaging abilities have a chance to cause the target to bleed for [ 3.000 * damage ] over 6 sec. This effect stacks up to 0 times. Embrace of Krag'wa - Taking damage has a chance to grant you health additional Health and armor Armor. Embrace of Paku - Your abilities have a chance to grant you 5% critical strike for 0 sec. Pterrordax Swoop - Reduces your falling speed for 2 min. (Instant, 15 min cooldown) Regeneratin' - Regenerate 25% of your maximum health every 1 sec. (Channeled, 1.5 min cooldown). The spell is interrupted upon taking damage. City of Gold - Increases gold earned from creatures by 2%. Racial Mount [Return to Top]
      Zandalari Direhorn is the racial mount of Zandalari Trolls.
      "The Zandalari pride themselves on being the first to raise and train all of the most ferocious lizards on Azeroth."

      Paladin Mount [Return to Top]
      Crusader's Direhorn is the mount for Zandalari Paladins.
      "A loyal steed to the holy crusaders of Zandalar."

      Heritage Armor [Return to Top]
      If you want to earn Heritage Armor for your Zandalari Troll, you must reach level 110 on a newly created Zandalari Troll character without using boosts (Heritage of the Zandalari).

      Zandalari Troll Heritage Armor includes the following items: Zandalari Belt,  Zandalari Blade-Turners,  Zandalari Bracers, Zandalari Leggings, Zandalari Mask, Zandalari Pauldrons, Zandalari Shinguards & Zandalari Torque.
      Customization Options [Return to Top]
      Here's a video with both male and female customization options for Zandalari Trols.
      Dance Animations 
      Intro Cutscene [Return to Top]
      Everything you need to know about Zandalari Trolls coming in Patch 8.1.5.
    • By Stan
      It's time to look at Kul Tiran Human & Zandalari Troll dance animations that were recently added on 8.1.5 PTR.
      Check out our in-depth previews of Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls coming in Patch 8.1.5 to learn more about how to unlock them!
    • By Starym
      Limit's Guild Master @maximumwow talked about the guild's potential streaming of the race in the future and went into a pretty in-depth explanation of the potential consequences for the race and how it could impact them specifically, bringing it all back to the Method/Serenity split. It's a very interesting and honest clip that brings into question whether the guild will actually stream (as it was previously generally stated that they would) and absolutely worth a watch.

      He also went on to clarify a tricky/easily misunderstood thing he said in the above clip:
      While we now have a lot of the top guilds streaming their progress, Limit's inclusion would be a big one as they're fairly certain to remain on the top of the US/OC part of the race, and since there's a whole day/16 hours in which no one else has access to the raid it's definitely be a popular addition, but as mentioned above could impact the race.
    • By Stan
      Feathers is a new battle pet that you can get by completing a short questline in Patch 8.1.5 that takes place in Tanaris.
      Mechanical Feather was added in Patch 8.1 and we also datamined a matching Mechanical Parrot mount in Patch 8.1 Build 28294 that's still not available to this day, maybe it's being saved for Mechagon and Patch 8.2?

      Animations

      Feathers Questline
      A new questline was added in Patch 8.1.5 that rewards a battle pet called Feathers. Both factions will be able to get the pet. We completed the questline on the Horde side, where Jastor Gallywix sends you to kill a Goblin located in Tanaris.
      Whatever Happened to Grizzek Fizzwrench?
      Gallywix wants you to locate and kill Grizzek Fizzwrench in Tanaris.
      Gazlowe appears right after you leave the ship and tries to strike another deal with you.
      After investigating Waterspring Field in Tanaris, you come across a Mechanical Parrot that's broken.
      Some Reassembly Required
      Collect 100 Mechanical Parts from Venture Co. scavengers to fix Feathers.
      Re-Parrot
      Now that Feathers is fixed, it's time to debug his recall program to trace Grizzek Fizzwrench.
      When you begin debugging, Feathers will go haywire. You'll gain access to three abilities that need to be pressed in exact order, based on the text that appears on screen.
      The debugging process should finish.
      Return to the Nest
      Activate the recall subroutine to find Fizzwrench.
      He's Dead, Jastor
      Feathers will lead yu to Grizzek Fizzwrench and Saffy. Now, you're asked to tell Jastor Gallywix that he's long dead and you can keep the bird.
      Return to Zandalar Harbor and speak to Gallywix.
      Now talk to Gazlowe to claim your pet!
      Mechanical Feather
      “Thought to be lost in a massive explosion, the smartest of engineers were able to rebuild Feathers into a magnificent mechanical creation.”

      Gameplay Video