FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

New Orc Running Animation in Patch 8.1

37045-dark-iron-dwarf-maghar-orc-allied-

The Orc running animation has been updated on 8.1 PTR and here's a side by side preview of the new animation.

Grandfa made a post about the new Orc animation on the official forums and also posted a short clip comparing both live and 8.1 versions of the running animation. Do you prefer the old or new one?

Check out our Tides of Vengeance hub for the latest Patch 8.1 information!

• Like 1

Glad they did this. As soon as upright went live, I went and changed all my orcs to upright. I immediately hoped for an epic laxative to drop on my next kill lol.   ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The video doesn't seem to be loading for me. I watch youtube/twitch etc fine with 1080p 60fps. This is also the first video ever in IV that I can't seem to play. I'm in the Netherlands and have a 50/50 Mbit connection in case that matters.

Don't keep me in suspense, show me the running animation!

image.thumb.png.ab08958bf0faf122dd3418775545d506.png

Edited by Yridaa
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yridaa said:

The video doesn't seem to be loading for me. I watch youtube/twitch etc fine with 1080p 60fps. This is also the first video ever in IV that I can't seem to play. I'm in the Netherlands and have a 50/50 Mbit connection in case that matters.

Don't keep me in suspense, show me the running animation!

Is it working now?

4 hours ago, Jperry21 said:

Same problem here

It's probably not working because of your ad blocker. There's a huge ad on the video you have to skip in order to play the video. I have no idea why people use ad blockers - they're loaded with malware.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, VictorVakaras said:

I have no idea why people use ad blockers

Because people dont like sudden sounds from an ad (I remember freaking youtube having an ad with sound in the right side of the page), because even "prestigious" pages like Forbes which you can't see with adblock on, gives you a nice little gift as adware. Because for once, users can say "NO" to advertisers, and they are now less intrusive (there are way less pop-ups), if they are, people can just block it.

And because if you have any kind of clue (or a friend which has) of how a computer works, you can dodge the ad blockers with malware (and malware in general).

In short, they are convenient, and you can even whitelist pages that you support.

About the video, I'll say: "Neat. Does this change affect the fast running animation?"

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, VictorVakaras said:

It's probably not working because of your ad blocker. There's a huge ad on the video you have to skip in order to play the video. I have no idea why people use ad blockers - they're loaded with malware.

Ah okay thanks for the info. I'm not going to start a discussion over why an adblocker might be good or bad as that'd be off topic, but suffice it to say that I'd rather just not watch the running animation over disabling my adblocker.

13 hours ago, Stan said:

Is it working now?

It's apparently because of the adblocker. I'll skip the video.

Edited by Yridaa

7 hours ago, VictorVakaras said:

I have no idea why people use ad blockers - they're loaded with malware.

LOL

Edited by Sholto

I sincerely hope they refine running animations for all races. Dwarves could get a similar treatment to Orcs, since their running animations are similar.

Other races still have some very weird looking running animations, such as Male NElves and Male Worgens, flailing their arms like Goofy.

I've never been bothered by Nelfs, which actually have some of the more refined animations in the game.  Female humans and female BElfs need some attention though.  They're very awkward in several of their motions and not of the same quality as most other racial animations.

im so glad to see blizzard using resources to fix cosmetic nonsense like this instead of fixing the broken and hated systems that are killing this expansion. way to prioritize resources ion, you're doing such a great job. remember when ghostcrawler ran this shit and the game was actually *gasp* good? i guess this is what happens when you hire a lawyer. sigh

Different teams fix different things.

Fixing design / tuning issues can ruin other classes / other systems if not done carefully. Fixing an art issue harms no one.