FORUMS
Stan

Battle of Dazar'alor Raid: Unique Flashback Mechanic

zDNwJMJ.jpg

High King Mekkatorque and King Rastakhan were available for testing yesterday and we learned that the raid is linear and the final boss will be Jaina Proudmoore for both factions. The upcoming raid comes with an interesting flashback mechanic which transform you into players of the opposing faction to relive the story (three bosses) from their point of view.

The following article contains mild story spoilers.

Upon switching races, you'll also forget and learn new racials! This is a complete race change, not just a skin swap. Our Highmountain Tauren Druid got transformed into a Night Elf in the raid and the only race that didn't get swapped were Pandaren.

1cfAQwy.jpg?1

Horde players will gain the For the Alliance! For the Alliance! buff when they transform into Alliance and Alliance players will be affected with the For the Horde! For the Horde! buff for three encounters in the raid.

RZOlF2q.jpg?1

Battle of Dazar'alor Boss Order

The raid houses a total of 9 bosses and comes with faction-specific encounters. There are separate raid entrances for both factions. Alliance players enter the raid at the Port of Zandalar and fight their way to the top of the pyramid, whereas the Horde enters the raid at Zocalo, because they're lured by Alliance forces from Nazmir.

Alliance Boss Order

I. Faction-Specific Encounters

• 1. Champion of the Light
  • 2. Grimfang and Firecaller
  • 3. Grong the Revenant

II. Alliance Story Encounters

The following bosses are part of the Alliance story in Dazar'alor.

• 4. Treasure Guardian
  • 5. Conclave of the Chosen
  • 6. King Rastakhan

III. Horde Story Encounters

Alliance players will race change into the Horde to relive their story. You'll actually fight the bosses as if you were the opposing faction.

• 7. High Tinker Mekkatorque
  • 8. Stormwall Blockade
  • 9. Lady Jaina Proudmoore

Horde Boss Order

I. Faction-Specific Encounters

• 1. Champion of the Light
  • 2. King Grong
  • 3. Flamefist and the Illuminated

II. Alliance Story Encounters

Horde players will race change and get to see the Alliance story halfway through the raid only to find out that the Alliance has slaughtered King Rastakhan.

• 4. Treasure Guardian
  • 5. Conclave of the Chosen
  • 6. King Rastakhan

III. Horde Story Bosses

The Horde continues to fight escaping Alliance forces ending with Jaina on the High Seas.

• 7. High Tinker Mekkatorque
  • 8. Stormwall Blockade
  • 9. Lady Jaina Proudmoore

What do you think about the unique mechanic? Are you a fan of separate raid experience for both factions or do you find switching racials confusing? Let us know in the comments and don't forget to check out our Patch 8.1 hub for the latest Tides of Vengeance news!

Damnit. I don't want to be a member of the filthy alliance, knowing my luck I'll be transformed into a gnome or dwarf and those short characters always throw me off my game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a bit concerning that the alliance has to deal with random race changed racial abilities at the final bosses. I can see the salt wave coming in like a tsunami. To prevent that, the races they change into should be fixed from the race-class combination to another. Like a human hunter ALWAYS Becomes an Orc Hunter in those cases. So you atleast know which racials you have to deal with.

And i wonder as well, how the bindings will react. Since when you change the race there, you unlearn and learn certain spells. I guess the racials that you have slotted will grey out and you have to put the new racial from the spellbook there? What would annoy me the most, is that i have the Human "anti-cc" Racial slotted in a specific place and binding that i always use for anti cc. If i switch there now, into a goblin for example, i have to replace that skill with a rocket jump? It's not comfortable to use that movement skill intuitively on the same skillslot, and i have to find another place for this skill in this occasion, and have to deal with having an all random other skill the next time?...

In the end, me personally, i dont really care to much, since it is "just" annoying and i am not much of a raider. But i can understand any complaint of other players coming up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lawrenz said:

It's a bit concerning that the alliance has to deal with random race changed racial abilities at the final bosses. I can see the salt wave coming in like a tsunami. To prevent that, the races they change into should be fixed from the race-class combination to another. Like a human hunter ALWAYS Becomes an Orc Hunter in those cases. So you atleast know which racials you have to deal with.

Seems to be the case

7 hours ago, Lawrenz said:

And i wonder as well, how the bindings will react.

They'll use the same tech that the merc. mechanic, so it shouldn't be any majer probelm with spells

But i really think that they shuldn't change the racials,.. i don't know... it's something new and ppl are going to complain regardelss what they do, so...

God, I hated knowing that Mekkatorque is going to be defeated but now I have to see it first person? also fighting Jaina? It sucks for me so much 💔 😞

(But the overall idea is quite intriguing)

Edited by Donir

4 hours ago, Demenzel said:

But i really think that they shuldn't change the racials,.. i don't know... it's something new and ppl are going to complain regardelss what they do, so...

In my opinion, racials in general should have been made cosmetic long time ago, or at least turned off within environments like raids. Not sure how min-maxing top guilds are going to react to this, if they get switched from their races with best racials to some of the worst.

However, it's interesting if they are testing here, how potential cross-faction raids could work. That might have helped some, with how currently factions are unbalanced.

Edited by Arcling

4 hours ago, Xhopeon said:

Fighting Jaina again? Can we kill her this time? That would be interesting (and fair for loss of King Rastaman) 😉 

Rastakhan was dead the moment they introduced Talanji. So Jaina-Talanji are equal counterparts in this regard.

7 hours ago, Xhopeon said:

Fighting Jaina again? Can we kill her this time? That would be interesting (and fair for loss of King Rastaman) 😉 

Don't think so - she's like a cockroach - survives even a fricking mana bomb. The revenge for Rastaman is likely King Meccano-bot - the old gnome seems more likely to die - a simple raid death just wouldn't fit into Jaina's storyline now. I'd suspect lorewise Jaina is the last boss since she'll act like some kind of rear-guard for retreating Alliance forces and fights us - but miracoulusly escapes in the end. But that's just my guesstimation.

27 minutes ago, Badadada said:

Don't think so - she's like a cockroach - survives even a fricking mana bomb. The revenge for Rastaman is likely King Meccano-bot - the old gnome seems more likely to die - a simple raid death just wouldn't fit into Jaina's storyline now. I'd suspect lorewise Jaina is the last boss since she'll act like some kind of rear-guard for retreating Alliance forces and fights us - but miracoulusly escapes in the end. But that's just my guesstimation.

...or the Horde can just capture her? That seems like having a nice hostage, and I can bet Sylvanas can conjure something up out of having her.

2 hours ago, Badadada said:

Don't think so - she's like a cockroach - survives even a fricking mana bomb. The revenge for Rastaman is likely King Meccano-bot - the old gnome seems more likely to die - a simple raid death just wouldn't fit into Jaina's storyline now. 

Yeah, Jaina escapes. Mekkatorque doesn't die, he uses an escape pod but is heavily wounded and frozen in statis, so that means he only won't appear for a while.

Edited by Arcling

It looks interesting :) But i dont care about who i have to fight, all i want is to "step" on as many ppl as i can, just bc i can :P in fight with Mekkatorque :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      We're revisiting Pandaria in Patch 8.3, so Blizzard added a new soft pink recolor of the good old serpent mount to the game. The source of the mount is a placeholder and unknown for now.
      Chalcedony Cloud Serpent
      The gentle Chalcedony Cloud Serpents love to play in the petals that fall in the Arboretum, coloring their scales a soft pink hue.

Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) I'lgynoth's Whispers in Patch 8.3 (Analysis) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Death Knight Starting Zone Revamp Hints in Patch 8.3 Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Racials Mechagnome & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Cloth Sets Preview Ny'alotha Leather Sets Preview Ny'alotha Mail Sets Preview Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Ny'alotha Raid Skip Discovered on 8.3 PTR Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview New Dubloon Vendors Selling Island Expedition and Invasion Crates in Patch 8.3 Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Allseer Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview  
    • By Stan
      Hallow's End has arrived on live servers and there are no notable updates this year. The Headless Horseman's loot has been adjusted to item level 395. Check out our Hallow's End guide for more information about the event.
      Blizzard (Source)
      It’s time for Tricky Treats, costumes, and—of course—the return of the Headless Horseman during this year’s Hallow’s End!
      Hallow’s End celebrates the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge.
      Fun and mischief reign as the Innkeepers of Azeroth give treats, and tricks, to whomever asks.
      The spookiest time of year has arrived once more, and the Headless Horseman rides forth to strike terror into the hearts and minds of Azeroth’s citizens.
      When: October 18–November 1
      Where: Trick-or-Treat throughout the inns of Azeroth, Northrend, Pandaria, Outland, Draenor, and the Broken Isles (Dalaran) for tasty treats and currency to buy Hallow’s End delights.
      All together now! —the Headless Horseman is back to set fire to Razor Hill and Goldshire once more. You’ll need to lend a hand on the bucket brigade to put them out and face the infamous rider.
      It would be a lovely time of year to take a stroll through the Scarlet Monastery’s Graveyard if the Headless Horseman hadn’t decided to make it his new lair. If you're lucky and succeed in routing this menace from within, you may ride off with his steed.
      Throughout Hallow’s End, characters level 20-120 will be able to queue up for this ghoulish encounter in the Dungeon Finder.
      This year you’ll be able to exchange your Tricky Treats for a newly added 2018 toy:
      Headless Horseman's Hearthstone Head to Val’sharah to undertake a quest that begins with the Hag of the Crooked Tree in Bradensbrook. Follow the tale through to its culmination and you’ll receive some Tricky Treats and a chance of receiving one of four utterly bewitching hats.
      Hat of the First Sister Hat of the Second Sister Hat of the Third Sister Hat of the Youngest Sister ACHIEVEMENTS
      There are a total of 21 achievements that can be earned during this event. Completing the Meta-Achievement, Hallowed Be Thy Name, rewards the title: The Hallowed.
    • By Stan
      Ny'alotha, the Waking City comes with a raid skip and once you defeat the first boss, you'll receive the raid skip quest and must collect 4 Corrupted Flesh Samples from the raid's penultimate boss to gain access to the skip.
      Players on 8.3 PTR discovered that once you defeat Wrathion, you will receive the "Ny'alotha: MOTHER's Guidance" quest, which unlocks a raid skip, granted that you've defeated the raid's eleventh boss, Carapace of N'Zoth, four times. After that, you should be able to skip straight to Carapace of N'Zoth without having to deal with the rest of the bosses.
      Ny'alotha is a twelve-boss raid and it's a good thing that they decided to include a raid skip.

Image courtesy of Redditor u_ok
      Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) I'lgynoth's Whispers in Patch 8.3 (Analysis) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Death Knight Starting Zone Revamp Hints in Patch 8.3 Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Racials Mechagnome & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Cloth Sets Preview Ny'alotha Leather Sets Preview Ny'alotha Mail Sets Preview Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview New Dubloon Vendors Selling Island Expedition and Invasion Crates in Patch 8.3 Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Allseer Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview
    • By Stan
      Finally, we're looking at Mail Armor Sets that drop in Ny'alotha.
      Mail Sets from Ny'alotha, the Waking City
      Raid Finder

Normal Difficulty

Heroic Difficulty

Mythic Difficulty

Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) I'lgynoth's Whispers in Patch 8.3 (Analysis) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Death Knight Starting Zone Revamp Hints in Patch 8.3 Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Racials Mechagnome & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Cloth Sets Preview Ny'alotha Leather Sets Preview Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview New Dubloon Vendors Selling Island Expedition and Invasion Crates in Patch 8.3 Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Allseer Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview Ny'alotha Raid Testing: October 17th & 18th
    • By Stan
      Cross-Realm Mythic Eternal Palace opens next week and Blizzard just announced nerfs for Lady Ashvane and Queen Azshara on Mythic difficulty to go live with it on October 22.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hello!
      Earlier this week, the Mythic Hall of Fame for Azshara’s Eternal Palace reached its capacity, and guilds around the world have until the next weekly reset in each region to earn their Feat of Strength. At that time, Mythic difficulty will become available to cross-realm groups.
      Along with the closure of the Hall of Fame and the Achievement, we intend to make the following tuning changes during weekly maintenance in each region:
      Dungeons and Raids
      Azshara’s Eternal Palace Lady Ashvane Lady Ashvane’s health reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty. Waterlogged periodic damage reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty. Rippling Wave damage reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty. Queen Azshara The "Stand Together!" and "Stay!" decree combination is no longer possible in Heroic difficulty. Overzealous Hulk and Tidemistress health reduced by 10% in Mythic difficulty. Draining Azshara’s Ancient Ward now reduces its energy by an additional 5 points in all difficulties. Empowering a Ward of Power now increases its energy by an additional 5 points in all difficulties. Healer-specialization characters are now less likely to be targeted with decree combinations that include “March!” in all difficulties. Short Circuit now drains 10% less energy from the affected Ward in all difficulties. Essence of Azeroth now has an increased duration if there are fewer than 20 players in the raid in Normal and Heroic difficulties, and lasts 30 seconds (was 25) in Mythic difficulty. As always, we’ll let you know here if we decide to make any further changes.
      Thank you very much!