FORUMS
Starym

Warcraft 3 Remaster Officially Announced

ri2ASKP.jpg

It's finally time to go back to the roots of the Warcraft franchise, with the last strategy installment making a comeback! We're getting Warcraft 3 Reforged! It's coming next year, and there's a playable demo of the Culling of Stratholme at BlizzCon. You can already pre-purchase it as well!

Blizzard LogoReforged (source)

Reforged Visuals

Azeroth, Born Anew

Integrating cutting-edge modeling and rendering, we’ve rebuilt every hero, unit, building, and environment in Warcraft III from the ground up. You’ve never seen Azeroth like this. 

T8GEW3UGG3U81541005866027.jpg

S54VCUQFWH5U1541005866216.jpg

USRQSE2TNFIR1541005867408.jpg

ERDWYQ7UI12H1541005867740.jpg

Legendary Campaigns

The Origin Stories of Warcraft

Campaign Teaser
Relive the events of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. Command mysterious night elves, insidious undead, savage orcs, and noble humans as alliances shift and cultures clash in ruthless conflict.
  • 62 missions across Kalimdor, Lordaeron, Northrend, and beyond
  • 40+ hours of epic gameplay, with 4+ hours of reforged cutscenes
  • Control over 20 legendary heroes and villains from Warcraft lore: gain experience, level up, master powerful abilities, and enhance nearby units

Reign of Chaos

Humans, orcs, and night elves must stand together against the Burning Legion and their armies of undead. Witness the tragedy of Arthas Menethil and the redemption of the Horde in this sprawling chapter of Warcraft’s epic history.

Key Heroes
Arthas
Thrall
Kel'Thuzad
Tyrande

The Frozen Throne

Aid the Sentinels in their quest to stop Illidan, lead the blood elves to Outland in search of salvation, ascend the Frozen Throne, and help Thrall carve out a new homeland for orcs in Durotar. 

Key Heroes
Maiev
Kael'thas
Sylvanas
Rexxar

Exhilarating Gameplay

The Battlefield Awaits

Warcraft III’s formula of hero-centric real-time strategy is easy to learn but difficult to master. Gather resources, build a base, and assemble an army. Recruit powerful heroes to lead your forces, then meet your foes in battle. Destroy the enemy base to win the game!

Featured Heroes

DreadlordUndead
BlademasterOrcs
Tauren ChieftainOrcs
PaladinHumans

HN65T4QR7JWR1541005859226.png

Learn more about the races, heroes, and units of Warcraft III in the Classic Game Guide

An Upgraded Experience

Challenge opponents with modern multiplayer matchmaking, search for custom game lobbies, and connect with friends through the Blizzard Battle.net app. With updated UI and countless quality-of-life improvements, it’s never been easier to get into Warcraft III. 

Limitless Custom Games

Discover millions of player-created games, including tower defense, MOBAs, ARPGs, survival games, and more, or build your own with the upgraded World Editor.

Rebalanced Gameplay

We’re making hundreds of balance changes to heroes, units, and buildings to bring Warcraft III’s classic gameplay into the modern age. 

J4Y634G6Z41J1541005858540.jpg

Spoils of War Edition

Battle-Wrought Rewards

Purchase the Warcraft III: Reforged Spoils of War Edition to unlock rewards in your favorite Blizzard games. 

MMOXWVNQRL261541005875736.jpg

Meat Wagon MountWorld of WarcraftComing Soon!

27579N5DOSBH1541005875556.jpg

The Third War Card BackHearthstone(Available week of 11/5)

QDWFSLQ6HBP61541005875491.jpg

4 Warcraft HeroesHeroes of the StormComing Soon!

PA621ZBBSRTB1541005875651.jpg

...and much more!(Details coming soon

Heed theCall to Arms

Coming 2019

• Visuals rebuilt from the ground up
  • 62 single-player missions across Azeroth and beyond
  • Over 4 hours of reforged cutscenes
  • Approachable hero-centric gameplay
  • Four powerful races from Warcraft lore
  • Limitless custom games to explore
  • Updated UI and rebalanced gameplay
  • Modern Blizzard Battle.net features

I was so hoping for it to come and Blizzard really is doing it !!! I mean i loved WC 3 and we spend so much time on that game, also on LAN Party's. Beside that i also hope there will be a free editing corner again, where people can bring their mod's and "Minigames" (stuff like Dota and tower defense happened here before).

This is really good news.

Edit.:

Sorry for offtopic, but i was really sad about the openingannouncement of Diablo.... it looks like there is more effort in mobile versions, than ever before and PC doesnt get any attention for Diablo anymore. I really was hoping not to see any mobile stuff anymore and then this immortal announcement killed it perfectly...

Edited by Baharok

This looks interesting. I will play campaign once more for sue. Hopefully old maps are still going to work, just like with Starcraft Remastered, there is huge base of custom games. 

Meh... I mean it looks good but I've already played the game and the whole nostalgia thing going on in the games industry and community thing isn't for me. Grats for the people who wanted it I guess? But wouldn't you have rathered WCIV?

I would have loved a playable version of WarCraft I+II (including the expansion) on windows 10 or a remastered version of those two, but I'm also really happy with WC III being reforged since I planned on playing the whole campaign a while ago. Thank you Blizzard. I like it and am really looking forward to it!

Only of it still has offline lan/people are allowed can edit great maps in editor(not like last update that they removed dotas)/people can add fanmad models to maps..if not keep it for yourself i wont play

9 hours ago, VegaPl said:

FUCK OFF!! No way, I would spend every penny on that

Dude, I can't wait to re=play the Arthas story line again. This was the only thing that actually got me excited at Blizzcon, especially after the majorly disappointing Diablo reveal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NConley9 said:

Well I was going to pre-order it, as I did for Starcraft Remastered, then I noticed it was $30.  $30 for a game I already own?  Nah.

It is rather 30 bucks for a new game which uses the same story and mechanics.  Unlike the SC Remastered the WC3 Remastered version doesnt just throw a better 2D looking filter on the screen. High quality models and shaders, remade cutscenes and interludes, revamped UI. We didnt get that for SC Remastered.

Warcraft 3 was a great game, no doubt.

I played it 3 times IIRC, the story and the characters were very interesting.

It was a much better game then SC 2 ever was, it had everything SC2 is lacking.

For everybody who didn't play WC3 back then (probably because they were too young) this new version will probably be money well spent.

But for others who played WC3 back then - maybe even more then once or twice?

30 bucks for practically the same game, just new graphic?

Thank you, but no thank you.

4 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Warcraft 3 was a great game, no doubt.

I played it 3 times IIRC, the story and the characters were very interesting.

It was a much better game then SC 2 ever was, it had everything SC2 is lacking.

For everybody who didn't play WC3 back then (probably because they were too young) this new version will probably be money well spent.

But for others who played WC3 back then - maybe even more then once or twice?

30 bucks for practically the same game, just new graphic?

Thank you, but no thank you.

I used to play it when it came out. As a story fan who plays a lot of campaign sessions it is a must have for me. As I mentioned earlyer, SC Remastered was just a basic reskin. But with WC3 we also get high detailed models, new cutscenes and interludes. The Remaster aspect is intense compared to SC:R. Custom games will also get a lot more new elements from these additions.

For multiplayer and ranked fans it might be a pass. They would have to get used to new muscle memories when looking at the new models. Most of the gameplay in nomral matches will be the same anyways. 

15 hours ago, Alkasar said:

But with WC3 we also get high detailed models, new cutscenes and interludes. The Remaster aspect is intense compared to SC:R. 

Personally I am afraid of new cutscenes.

In Warcraft 3, Starcraft and Diablo 2 cutscenes were absolutly fantastic. They were full of emotion, there are tons of memories I still have. Great characters, great scenes, great emotions.

However, I do not like the cutscenes from Starcraft 2. Sure, they "look" good. But they are totally empty. There is absolutly no soul in them. No emotion. They consist of action, action, action. And dialogues that are beyond horrible: "I am so mighty, I will kill you. NO, I will kill YOU...." If seems like if you take the IQ of both parties and combine them you MAY reach a 3-digit-number...

There is exactly one scene in SC2 that was great (and memorable to me): Ironically enough it is a scene which shows a story-part of Starcraft 1. Nova, being left behind as Zerg approach. A storyline, that was established in SC1, but only told, not shown.

It is a fantastic video. There is not much action. There is no shouting about how allmighty someone is, how he will crush his enemies.

No, there is a real character. There is a situation you can relate you. There is great music and there is emotion.

Everything that had Blizzard games 10 years ago in abundance.

And everything that Blizzard is sadly lacking now.

That's why: No, I defintily do NOT want new cutscenes, because I am afraid they will be much worse then the original in WC3.

1 hour ago, WedgeAntilles said:

In Warcraft 3, Starcraft and Diablo 2 cutscenes were absolutly fantastic. They were full of emotion, there are tons of memories I still have. Great characters, great scenes, great emotions.

I know what you mean. But there was nothing about changing the story scripts so far that we would see a totally different story with cheesy Starcraft2 elements.
From what we could see on Blizzcon the camera angles, scripts and so on are the same for the new rendered cutscenes. The models of the Orc and Human are just high polished and modern but follow the same story of the scene. For the ingame cutscenes we had emotionless models standing around while talking. While I think both types of cutscenes were awesome in the original, these tunes would just add more positive flavour. They do not change the script into a Starcraft Story. The rendered cutscenes will just be more modern visually and the ingame cutscenes will now have more natural movement and emotions from the models, which is also just visual. There was not a hint that stories would change. I can even imagine the dungeon crawling missions to be more immersive this way.

The only thing that could change is the layout of some missions as we saw with Stratholme. That may be interesting because we would try out new strategies. But the new layout, at least in Stratholme, did not change anything about the story either.

I know nostalgia forbids any changes, but my nostalgia would be heavily pleased if the story gets more visual flavour while being the same adventure. And it seems to be this way from what we could see yet.

Yes, I am very positive about it. But if they said they would change the story to fit World of Warcraft I wouldn't look at that game either. If they just change the ending with Illidan flying away, because he looked pretty dead in TFT, that would be the only thing I could tolerate.

If the cutscenes don't alter the characters / story / dialogue that would be great.

With changes in the map-layout I have no problem.

Let's hope the best :)

On 11/2/2018 at 2:35 PM, MrOger said:

Well... To be honest i am not sure what to think about it. It isn't warcraft 4, but it's still something.

At least it isn't Warcraft Immortal.

• Like 1

So much has happened in the World of Warcraft world since the Arthas storyline in W3TFT - I'd say there's enough scope from all the expansions to easily make a Warcraft 4 split into 3 parts much like StarCraft 2. What an epic campaign it would be against Deathwing!