Oxygen

Orphea Talents and Abilities Details

15 posts in this topic

410HxRD.jpg

Here's a rundown of Orphea's abilities and talents.

Hi! I figured that in your excitement you might want to get a quick, easy-to-browse rundown of Orphea's abilities and talents. As is tradition, I'll also be writing a hands-on experience article about her during the day, so stay tuned for that.

Basic Abilities

Shadow Waltz (Q) - After 0.5 seconds, deal 150 damage to enemies in a line. Hitting a Hero with Shadow Waltz sets its cooldown to 2 seconds, refunds 25 Mana, and causes Orphea to dash a short distance upon moving.

Cost: 25
Cooldown: 5

Chomp (W) - After 0.625 seconds, deal 285 damage to nearby enemies in front of Orphea.

Cost: 60
Cooldown: 10

Dread (E) - Release a wave of dread that deals 85 damage to enemies hit. Dread erupts 0.75 seconds after reaching the end of its path, dealing 175 damage and Slowing enemies in the area by 25% for 2 seconds.

Cost: 50
Cooldown: 14

Trait

Overflowing Chaos (D) - Hitting an enemy Hero with a Basic Ability grants 1 Chaos. Chaos can stack up to 3 times. While Orphea has Chaos, her Basic Attacks against Heroes consume all Chaos, dealing 50% increased damage per stack, and healing for 100% of the damage dealt.

Heroic Abilities 

Eternal Feast (R1) - After 1.5 seconds, deal 210 damage in an area. Eternal Feast repeats every 1 second as long as it hits an enemy Hero.

Cost: 75
Cooldown: 50

Crushing Jaws (R2) - After 1.25 seconds, pull enemies in an area towards the center, dealing 275 damage and Stunning them for 0.75 seconds.

Cost: 75
Cooldown: 50

Talents

Level 1 talents

En Pointe [Q] - Shadow Waltz deals an increased 50% damage to enemies hit by its end.

Growing Nightmare [E] - Each Hero hit by the wave of Dread increases the damage of its eruption by 25%.

Ancestral Strength [D] - Non-Heroic Abilities deal 25% more damage to Stunned, Rooted, Silenced or Slowed enemies and grant 1 additional Chaos when hitting Heroes.

Level 4 talents

Allegrissimo [Q] - Hitting Heroes with the end of Shadow Waltz sets its cooldown to 1 second.

Backbiter [W] - If Chomp hits a Hero, Orphea immediately dashes a short distance backwards.

Fright [E] - Dread's Slow also applies to enemies in Dread's path, and stacks up to 50%.

Level 7 talents

Insatiable [W] - Hitting a Hero with Chomp sets its cooldown to 2 seconds.

Ravenous Hunger [W] - Quest: Minions that die within 1.5 seconds of being hit by Chomp permanently increase its damage by 3 and heal Orphea for 60. Heroes that die increase its damage by 60 and heal Orphea for 25% of her maximum Health.

Mind Devourer [E] - Quest: Hitting Heroes with Dread increases its damage by 5, up to 200. Reward: After hitting 40 Heroes, hitting an enemy Hero with Dread's eruption sets its cooldown to 6 seconds and refunds 50 Mana.

Level 13 talents

Determination [Q] - After dashing with Shadow Waltz, Orphea gains 50 Spell Armor, stacking up to 2 times. While Orphea has Determination, her Physical damage is increased by 15%

Abyssal Symbiosis [W] Hitting a Hero with Chomp instantly grants Orphea maximum Chaos.

Invasive Miasma [D] - Activate to deal 150 damage to all nearby enemies after 2 seconds. For each Hero hit, heal for 182 and gain 1 Chaos.

Level 16 talents

Bond of Anguish [Q] - Shadow Waltz deals bonus damage to Heroes equal to 3% of their maximum Health, healing Orphea for 50% of damage dealt.

Dead Magic [D] - Basic Attacks that consume Chaos ignore Armor and deal 115 Spell Damage to all enemies around the target.

Lurking Terror [A] - After Dread erupts and for 2 seconds after, activate to cast Chomp from the eruption area. Does not share a cooldown with Chomp.

Level 20 talents

Monster Within [R1] - Eternal Feast grants 1 Chaos each time it hits a Hero. While Eternal Feast is active, Orphea's Attack Speed is increased by 50%.

Engulfing Oblivion [R2] - Crushing Jaws reduces the Armor of Heroes hit by 25 for 2 seconds. Takedowns set its cooldown to 5 seconds.

Eldritch Conduit [D] - Each Chaos consumed increases Orphea's Spell Power by 5%, up to 50%. After reaching the maximum bonus, the Spell Power is increased by an additional 50%. Lasts 10 seconds.

Final Toccata [A] - Activate to instantly reset the cooldown of Shadow Waltz. For the next 6 seconds, dashing with Shadow Waltz resets its cooldown.

That was fast, thanks @Oxygen. Will she be available to try out on the floor at Blizzcon?

Her kit and talents looks interesting, even if her trait/role is somewhat similar to Mephisto. Just a bit sad her design seems like something out of an anime.

Edited by lChronosl

I have no problem with creating a brand new hero out of the Nexus, but I really see no special abilities here that currently existing heroes don't have. Albeit mixing together a bit of Malthael, Gall and Zarya could be fun, but based on the text I'm not sure Orphea's so epic that it was worth breaking the tradition of Blizzard-All-Stars character list.

7 minutes ago, lChronosl said:

That was fast, thanks @Oxygen. Will she be available to try out on the floor at Blizzcon?

Her kit and talents looks interesting, even if her trait/role is somewhat similar to Mephisto. Just a bit sad her design seems like something out of an anime.

Yes; I'll go try her out right now and post about it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Badadada said:

I have no problem with creating a brand new hero out of the Nexus, but I really see no special abilities here that currently existing heroes don't have. Albeit mixing together a bit of Malthael, Gall and Zarya could be fun, but based on the text I'm not sure Orphea's so epic that it was worth breaking the tradition of Blizzard-All-Stars character list.

I'll be honest, I play a very small roster of heroes and I very, very rarely branch out of it - Kael'thas, Kel'thuzad, Jaina, Chromie, and Li-Ming. I am absolutely pumped for Orphea and she really looks like something that fits exactly what I enjoy in a hero. I can't wait to play her.

• Like 2

Looks inspired by the recent rehash of Sabrina and the release of Venom...

As far as classic Blizzard characters go though, I'm still waiting for Blackthorne to make it into the Nexus!

• Like 1

Level 1 

Nothing too crazy here but En Pointe seems to be the pickup as it's the most reliable.

Ancestral Strength is a better pickup if your team can support it.

Growing nightmare just seems too unreliable and difficult to hit to want to pick up 

Level 4

Still nothing Amazing but Allegrissimo pairs well with En Pointe.

Freight also looks pretty good and could go well with Ancestral Strength from level 1 to start CC chains or just to lock someone down long enough for a quick chomp.

Backbiter seems bad. Though honestly it just depends on the range it throws her back and the range on her AA. Could be nice if it throws her almost to her max range but not out of range. 

Level 7

Insatiable seems interesting but Ravenous Hunger is just too good to pass up. It's like Li-ming's Dominance but also has a Damage increase attached. Insatiable can't compete unless you go another talent combo I'll pull up in a moment.

Mind Devourer has the same problem Growing Nightmare does.

Level 10

Eternal Feast seems fun and Crushing Jaws seems like the better option unless you have strong lockdown.

Level 13

Determination seems amazing. Especially the 15% physical boost since the spell armor has no timer attached.

Abyssal Symbiosis is part of the chomp combo I want to talk about but I'll get to that at level 20.

To use Invasive Miasma you have to have poor positioning to benefit. Just pick up one of the other two.

Level 16 (AKA the Garrosh counter level)

Bond of Anguish is good and reliable. Not much else to say.

Dead Magic is an interesting talent and is another part of the chomp combo.  

Lurking Terror is neat but unless it's a talented chomp, it's not too great. If it is than it's interesting and needs a lot of talent combo testing.

Level 20

Monster Within would be great if it sped up Eternal Feast but it doesn't. The big thing is that it speeds up Orphea's attack speed. The problem with this is she needs to stack Chaos first and while Monster Within helps, Eldritch Conduit is just better for basic attack buffing since it also applies to her abilities which will generally net more damage. While not amazing I could still see this being a good talent.

Engulfing Oblivion is Insane. Nothing more to say. If you got Crushing Jaws, this is almost always going to be the most beneficial talent here. 

Elderitch Conduit. This talent. While not as versatile as Engulfing Oblivion, it's a great talent through and through. Now for the Chomp combo. Chomp to instantly get max chaos (Abyssal Symbiosis), Basic attack to deal tons while healing and getting spell power (base kit and Elderitch Conduit) and dealing spell damage in the area (Dead Magic), repeat the process because chomp has a 2 second cooldown (Insatiable).

Final Toccata is unnecessary since Shadow Waltz's cooldown is somewhat short and gets a huge reduction. As well as that, to get the reset on the next 6 seconds, you need to hit waltz to get the dash, so if you miss even once, the talent is ineffective. Plus, it's competing with two way better talents regardless of the heroic you picked.

• Like 1

Not bad, feel that at least got new hero can replace chromie.

This one also got aim and timing which is what I want. Got some similarity to chromie except range. Ulti so good combine with mephisto or malganis can wipe ppl again.

Yea I'm thinking of a Q build, a D build, and possibly a W build.

Q build would be:

1. En Pointe

4. Allegrissimo

7. Insatiable or Ravenous Hunger (Preference)

10. Crushing Jaws

13. Determination

16. Bond of Anguish

20. Engulfing Oblivion or Eldritch Conduit (Preference)

D build would be: 

1. Ancestral Strength

4. Fright

7. Insatiable

10. Eternal Feast

13. Abyssal Symbiosis

16. Dead Magic

20. Monster Within

Finally, a W build would be:

1. En Pointe

4. Backbiter

7. Ravenous Hunger

10. Crushing Jaws

13. Abyssal Symbiosis

16. Lurking Terror

20. Engulfing Oblivion

I do feel the Q and D builds will be far superior to the W build, however they all do something very well; Q provides sustained poke damage, D provides extra sustain and combo potential, and W provides finishing damage with double Chomps by 16.

Edited by Androski

Her kit seems very good, with very few weaknesses. Probably broken at release and numbers might require some tuning.

2 hours ago, Arcling said:

Her kit seems very good, with very few weaknesses. Probably broken at release and numbers might require some tuning.

Broken? Does 150 dmg on 2 second cooldown sound broken to you? Hanzo can do more then that.  

Her kit seems to be balanced around the fact that her basic attack will hit about as hard as Chromies. 

She seems a bit overtuned but by the ability dmg it seems to me like the devs held back. 

4 hours ago, xevex said:

Broken? Does 150 dmg on 2 second cooldown sound broken to you? 

Will have to test but it seems highly rewarding if you manage to hit with your spells often, also she regenerates, something Chromie doesn't have. She seems gutted compared to her. Plus some mobility (dash). However, specific stun-heavy combos should shut her down for good.

15 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Will have to test but it seems highly rewarding if you manage to hit with your spells often, also she regenerates, something Chromie doesn't have. She seems gutted compared to her. Plus some mobility (dash). However, specific stun-heavy combos should shut her down for good.

Rewarding or not. Redemption Hanzo deals 188 dmg per second with just his basic attacks. His Q deals around 270 cca?  Orpheas W deals 285 and that his her hardest hitting spell. 

I she seems more like a mobile mage assassin aka finisher as Genji or Tracer then a Mage. 

Now obviously her dmg is AoE aside from her basic attacks but she doesnt seem broken at all from the numbers. 

Altough the talents might make her very OP. 

Edited by xevex