FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

War Mode Faction Balance Hotfix

Uncommon Patron

13 hours ago, Arcling said:

If nothing is done, like the mentioned crossfaction play, at one point, as a Horde, you simply aren't going to see any players to fight against or some rare instances.

We must be sharded differently because I main Horde and Alliance outnumbers us most of the time. I am on Defias Brotherhood/Scarshield/Ravenholdt/VentureCo (EU-realms) and it has always been pretty balanced but with the sharding we are generally outnumbered.

Several Horde I knew have gone Alliance (I just moved one of mine to Alliance to Argent Dawn too BTW). So I guess the switch is happening both ways and the balance stays more or less the same.

And besides, I haven't noticed a difference in waiting time for Bgs whether I am Alliance side or Horde side.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 5:41 AM, Lithari said:

I learned this lesson very quickly, i was level 30 in duskwood with warmode on and there was a level ?? ganking everyone for the fun of it and to prevent us from escaping, he killed the gryphon master and just kept killing everyone in war mode, this type of behavior in my opinion should be against the rules, i mean i can understand getting jumped by a couple of players around my level and thats fine, atleast i have a chance to fight back, but level 30 vs 120........sorry, but that is not fair and should be against the rules, with the punishment of perm-ban......i love challenge and competition, but when its unfair, even if its entirely in my favor is just not fun, since there is no chance for me to lose....you know?

i agree with you to 100%, one major reason why i hate pvp 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 6:30 AM, Arcling said:

As most expansions favored racials on the Horde,

flat out ignorant and not true at all. you are just repeating the ignorant stupidity that youtubers and streamers repeat that THEY heard from some other youtuber or streamer. if you think that the racials actually give you a noticeable damage increase then you are a part of the problem. the increase in damage/healing that racials give are NEGLIGIBLE at best; a freaking augment rune will give you more throughput than any racial in the game, and augment runes are worth practically nothing in terms of throughput. such ignorance

On 11/16/2018 at 2:27 AM, masaboukas said:

Its quite simple remove the +10% bonus in warmode...and i dont think there is a reason to rage....

I mean why after many years playing in a pve server you are required to go pvp now for the bonus xp....

Now for players that played bofero in pvp servers nothing changes.... You are used to get ganked in lvling... ok:)

I've only ever played on PvP servers since the classic beta. I also hate WM. Coming from a pretty 50/50 realm where I have played on both sides since that option first went live right before they rolled out faction changes in WotLK, I liked the way it was in the open world! WM Ruined it.

You didn't just attack everyone you saw all the time and often worked with the other side, unless you were Waring over a farming spot. That's when PvP realms were still fun. Giving people the option to turn off PvP on a PvP server made it all out war all the time. Turning off wm is boring and fake. I refuse to play alliance now and the 10% bonus is not worth fighting 10 horde at every WQ. I Don't want to group up to do a few WQs . WM ruined my realm. I only play horde now so I guess it doesn't matter.

But I don't see why they should take the bonus exp away when your fighting players between mobs, if all you care about is exp you definitely should just leave wm off and you'll never see me. It'd be much faster even without the bonus.

Edited by DeathXIII

8 hours ago, Demonpuke said:

flat out ignorant and not true at all. you are just repeating the ignorant stupidity that youtubers and streamers repeat that THEY heard from some other youtuber or streamer. if you think that the racials actually give you a noticeable damage increase then you are a part of the problem. the increase in damage/healing that racials give are NEGLIGIBLE at best; a freaking augment rune will give you more throughput than any racial in the game, and augment runes are worth practically nothing in terms of throughput. such ignorance

You do realize that in legion  entire M+ teams were composed of belfs  unless like druid  or shaman ofc because of arcane torrent. Arcane torrent was so strong they nerfed it twice along with berserking  this upcoming patch.  Horde racials are very imbalanced  they are not just used for raiding  but  since theres a major imbalance now  nerfing racials  isn't going to fix the problem. The damage is already done 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Demonpuke said:

flat out ignorant and not true at all. you are just repeating the ignorant stupidity that youtubers and streamers

How old are you, because your post sounds childish and very dumb. Also, I'm not watching any streamers, and speaking from my 12 years of experience, I was there. MOST expansions, doesn't mean ALL. Other than human racial in pvp for some time (which was since then nerfed), Horde had better overall, especially in pve, where more and more top Alliance guilds kept migrating.

Even in Legion there were some issues, like players who race-changed to goblins, because it helped on KJ fight. Racials don't mean now as much as they used to be, but it was too late to stop snowball effect and even now, in some cases they mean something (like blood elf racial, very useful on Zul in Uldir, while Alliance has to bring priests to dispel there). How many top Alliance guilds are left... they are all on Horde now. It doesn't mean much to me, since right now I'm playing as casual, but eventually it might affect some things like pugs, when mythic raiders leave, heroic raiders who want more might start leaving, some people doing mythic+, less people to choose from for pugs and so on... It's just a pure statistic.

Edited by Arcling

On 11/17/2018 at 4:37 AM, Lehiya said:

Several Horde I knew have gone Alliance (I just moved one of mine to Alliance to Argent Dawn too BTW). So I guess the switch is happening both ways and the balance stays more or less the same.

If it's RP realm, then it's sharded differently, if I'm correct. They separated RP realms from normal, because some people complained they don't want to be placed with people who won't RP (even if most people on those realms don't RP at all anyway).

On 11/16/2018 at 2:27 AM, masaboukas said:

Its quite simple remove the +10% bonus in warmode...and i dont think there is a reason to rage....

I mean why after many years playing in a pve server you are required to go pvp now for the bonus xp....

Now for players that played bofero in pvp servers nothing changes.... You are used to get ganked in lvling... ok:)

"Why should I have to do something extra for bonus xp?"

Bring back Dishonorable Kills in World PvP.

Killing the same person once every 5 minutes gives you Honor.  Killing that same person 5+ within 5 minutes makes you lose Honor and starts subtracting from Honorable Kills.

Camping lowbies starts making you lose Honor (Dishonorable Kills) after killing the same person twice in a row within 5 minutes.

It wouldn't "Fix" camping lowbies but it would help.

Camping someone trying to Run Away / Retreat is pretty much the definition of Dishonorable.

I never really turned off Warmode on my DH and I don't think I ever will imo.  I'm use to this type of PvPvE from playing Aion, ArcheAge, and Tera.  When it's open world anything can go but it's at the player's discretion when it comes to ganking and or griefing not gaming dev's or the company that produces/promotes the game.

I've been ganked.

I've been corpse camped.

I've been griefed.

I've been chased by groups from small to raid size before.

I don't complain about it because in WoW I'm not necessarily losing Honor/Rank.  I knew the risks when I turned on Warmode to begin with.  I honestly don't expect a 'fair' encounter when it comes to PvPvE.  To be honest I don't think Blizz has any intention of splitting maps by default levels to keep low end players away from high end players.  NcSoft tried that for Aion where low leveling players had a 'peace' instance till up to Lv.20 and after that they are automatically pushed to the standard map instances.  SWOTR map population would generate the number instances (on a given map) but unfortunately the PvP instances was always empty.  Tera and ArcheAge used a flag system the last time I played to initiate PvP encounters.