Amajed

Ruinblaster Shotgun vs Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth ?

9 posts in this topic

Hey Posted Image

which one is better ?

inv_firearm_2h_rifle_deathwingraid_d_01.Ruinblaster Shotgun

Or

inv_bow_1hdeathwingraiddw_d_01.jpgVishanka, Jaws of the Earth

LFR Ver

Thanks Posted Image

Bow is better. Sadly I don't have either of those, my luck with ranged wepon rolls is poorer than poor.

• Like 2

I have a couple of concerns with this..

RuinBlaster Shotgun is the same speed as the Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth so that makes them the same, but the gun has higher top end damage at 3464 vs 3246, 10 more agility, 107 crit, which after Agility and dps of our weapon is the next best stat for Hunters. If you are a troll, the bow will give you 1% crit, that the gun doesn't but, the gun does 888.2 dps vs 832.1 for the bow.

So after all that, at least when comparing the LFR the gun is by far superior, and will produce higher average dps.

I have a couple of concerns with this..

RuinBlaster Shotgun is the same speed as the Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth so that makes them the same, but the gun has higher top end damage at 3464 vs 3246, 10 more agility, 107 crit, which after Agility and dps of our weapon is the next best stat for Hunters. If you are a troll, the bow will give you 1% crit, that the gun doesn't but, the gun does 888.2 dps vs 832.1 for the bow.

So after all that, at least when comparing the LFR the gun is by far superior, and will produce higher average dps.

While you are correct in your comparison, the bow produces better DPS in most (perhaps all?) simulation tools. As this is Hunter-specific, I recommend www.femaledwarf.com. As Alierya points out, the proc is also a factor.

• Like 1

You are completely discounting the extra 7k dmg that procs with the bow.

I am not discounting the proc, just that the biggest dps upgrade a hunter can get is his weapon, slower harder hitting. The gun IMO is better in this scenerio. Simulators are great but they don't account for all the factors of a fight, movement etc., I don't rely on them to that degree.. I was simply stating that based upon my experience, and the dps provided by each weapon, that even with the proc, the gun will win out.

I am not discounting the proc, just that the biggest dps upgrade a hunter can get is his weapon, slower harder hitting. The gun IMO is better in this scenerio. Simulators are great but they don't account for all the factors of a fight, movement etc., I don't rely on them to that degree.. I was simply stating that based upon my experience, and the dps provided by each weapon, that even with the proc, the gun will win out.

You are spot on about simulators not properly mimicking all factors of a fight. For this reason, we generally don't favour them in our guides, and don't put too much stock in their results.

In this case, however, movement and all other factors play no part in the comparison between these weapons. Oh and, from the tests I ran, the DPS difference is about 200 DPS, give or take. That's about 0.5% of top-geared hunters' DPS, so not a very big difference :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Tarnen
      According to Azortharion simulations, our best for Antorus will be Qapla/Soul+Dire Frenzy/OWTP , ¿what stats need this build? At this moment, we need Mastery/Haste for Dire Frenzy build and Critical/Haste for OWTP build: therefore, they are mutually exclusive, right?  Or at least I understand that.
      So, ¿what stats?
    • By RaiTaebeck
      So, I'm currently maining Blood DK and that's the spec that I've gotten my 4 legends on. I do occasionally use UH and was wondering which of my legends would be most effective for it. Just a foreword, all of the gear that the legends replace is about equal; all 915-920 and don't cause any major stat changes so its not like using one legend over another causes me to use a bad piece. I have Soul of the Deathlord, which is the one I use most on UH, and I have  Shackles of Bryndaor, Archimonde's Hatred Reborn, and Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus. Does the Shackles passive work on UH, if so, could that be a better boost for Val'kyr[Dark Arbiter Talent] (b/c you can cycle more RP)? Other than that I'm just wondering which out weighs the other, STR or the secondaries?
      Edit: and just in case it makes a difference, my talent build is; http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/unholy/c75z
    • By kidglock34
      I figured I'd do a Part 2 of this since I've managed to move from having never tanked before to now I can't get enough of it. 
      I've noticed a few things and wanted as much input as I can get. What has struck me so far is the lack of healers running PUGs at the lvl 60-ish area. It takes forever to get a PUG group together and I haven't been able to keep a healer with us more than 1 run through. I've made some DPS friends through PUGs which is pretty cool, but what is up with the healers???
      The second thing is how my damage relates to a few other classes at about the same level. I'm currently lvl 67. I'm able to hold aggro nearly most of the time. I have some PUG members than have a pet with taunt or something but for the most part I am good to go. What I will see are Death Knights and some Warlock/Mages that seem to be doing crazy damage while only being a level or 2 higher than I am. Is that normal or am I undergeared? I haven't quite downloaded a damage meter just yet but from watching the health bar on the enemies I've noticed that those 2 can do some big damage by themselves! So is it a gear issue with me, is it just the nature of their class at that level or are they over-geared with extra goodies figuring their main has helped pay for their current state of their equipment? And with that, any recommendations or just hang in there until I get much higher level when better equipment appears? I have Heirloom for my chest, back, shoulders, weapon and trinkets. I haven't really found any quest gear or dungeon drops that is better that what I have now.
      I can't say Thank You enough to everybody that posted advice and encouragement in my first thread. It was very helpful and I've taken a lot of it to heart and put it to work. I have had so much fun doing this...as like most things in life you are leery of...once you try it you only regret NOT doing it sooner. 
    • By Blue
      Looking for some advice about how to improve my DPS - I should be doing better than this I feel (using stomp build). My guild only raided NH HC and I got to the point where new gear was out-doing the 2pc 895 tier 19 set I had, which is why I'm not using 2pc tier 19 atm. If this was the wrong choice and I'm better dropping my ilevel to go back to it please let me know. I have most BM Leggos so again if I'm using the wrong combo please advise me. I would like to tweak my stats but not sure what gear would do me better than what I have. Any help you can give me would be so much appreciated.

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/silvermoon/Bluemõõn
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/bluemõõn
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6nvtzZP38HJxmARh
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N289wvAyRHQhMTPa
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KFW3Zg1bPfLrm9Ad (ignore normal fights these were for achievements)
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/259323 more if needed

Thanks in advance.