FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Tabards Account-Wide in Patch 8.1

QkUk1Z3.jpg

Tabards will be account-wide in Tides of Vengeance, meaning once you earn them on your main, you'll be able to use them on your alts with some restrictions.

Let's take Warden's Tabard Warden's Tabard as an example. You'll still need Exalted reputation standing with the Wardens and 300 Gold to unlock the appearance, but once purchased you're free to use it on your alts.

A level 110 character Neutral with the Wardens was able to use the appearance on PTR.

MQl54xg.jpg?1

A level 94 character, however, wasn't able to transmog the tabard, meaning minimum expansion requirements are still in place. The required level to use the appearance of Legion tabards is 98.

qN0Z4XI.jpg?1

Check out our Tides of Vengeance hub for the latest Patch 8.1 info!

• Like 3

This is an hollow gift. First of all I considered tabards as a trophy. Why devalue the trophy? Secondly, the sole reason why I want to grind rep with a faction on an alt is simple, crafting recipes. Thirdly, who uses a faction tabard? You hardly see people wearing their guild tabards.

I like it when Blizzard makes unlocked stuff account-wide. Yet some stuff still should be a character achievement.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Lithari said:

I personally don't see the point in tabards unless it increases rep gained with said faction when worn....like the stormwind tabard.

Transmog

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Spectral said:

Transmog

i know, i personally don't see the point in tabards in general unless it gives a rep bonus to the faction its for.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lithari said:

i know, i personally don't see the point in tabards in general unless it gives a rep bonus to the faction its for.

I do agree with you, I wish there were tabards  again that would give you rep when you cleared dungeons aside from city tabards (like in WOTLK).

But this is entirely a transmog decision from Blizz. They explained it by stating that basically, “it isn’t fair that you can’t match all the pretty colors of your outfit if you wanted to, if there are tabards locked behind rep(s) that you typically don’t unlock one more than one toon.” (Imo if your transmog is your pride and joy in the game, then you’re probably just an RP’er or super casual in general. I have a couple friends who are exactly what I just described.)

Not a QOL change in the least, but it is still something good/positive to be introduced. I buy all the tabards at exalted on my main and never again (for achieves/mog) and now I’ll have those tabards for account-wide mog after this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keller said:

This is an hollow gift. First of all I considered tabards as a trophy. Why devalue the trophy? Secondly, the sole reason why I want to grind rep with a faction on an alt is simple, crafting recipes. Thirdly, who uses a faction tabard? You hardly see people wearing their guild tabards.

I like it when Blizzard makes unlocked stuff account-wide. Yet some stuff still should be a character achievement.

It's still... a trophy. unlocking a tabard on 13 different characters really doesn't feel any more exciting than unlocking it on one. Once you've got the rep once, any time after that just feels like a pain. hell, people complain about the INITIAL rep grind even

• Like 3

Once you already grinded any given reputation, you just proved that you are able to show that "pride" or feat by being allowed to use it on any character one desires... it's already achieved 😛

• Like 1

Why not make ALL rep rewards account-wide once you hit Revered? Not just tabards an tmogs.
.......did i just heard faint "F*cking Casual!" somewhere in the distance?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Aegrotat said:

It's still... a trophy. unlocking a tabard on 13 different characters really doesn't feel any more exciting than unlocking it on one. Once you've got the rep once, any time after that just feels like a pain. hell, people complain about the INITIAL rep grind even

In a way I agree with you. However the tabard is the item that has the least impact on gameplay. Why do crafters have to grind all reps to unlock all recipes? So for Legion they presented us crafting quests. People complained there were too many recipe quests, so Blizzard put them back behind a rep wall in BFA.  That tells me Blizzard wants rep to be something important. Then they announce tabards will be unlocked account-wide. I don't follow their logic, do you?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keller said:

However the tabard is the item that has the least impact on gameplay.

Meaning the least impact on levelling and the economy.

It seems like youre proving their point for them.  Its purely cosmetic.  You can sell the items from many recipes, but you cant sell the tabard.

Itsjust xmog.

Personally i think eventually rep will be account bound as well, but we're not there yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Here comes the 4th installment of Sturmbart's mapping of Azeroth! After Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and Northrend, we head to Pandaria and the parted mists, as the topographic map with estimated population values based on real-world continent sizes gives us a lot of info. The watermark is present once again, after some unfortunate cases of the maps being taken and resold by some shady people.

And, speaking of Pandaria, here's a recent meme for ya, because why not:

Source.
      Source.
    • By Stan
      Redditor BurnInOblivion noticed that you can get from Hated to Exalted with the Sons of Hodir just by completing the quest chain during Wrath Timewalking.
      Wrath Timewalking is here until July 7 and the event comes with the Sign of the Scourge buff that increases Wrath of the Lich King reputation gains from combat and quests by 50%.
      BurnInOblivion pointed out that finishing Mending Fences and A Spark of Hope was enough for him to reach Exalted, as each quest gives 28,600 reputation with the faction, but later added that he achieved the +160% bonus reputation on a Human with Diplomacy which adds another 10%.
      Nevertheless, a total of 84,000 reputation is required to reach Exalted from Hated and quests leading up to that point should still give you ample reputation (85,800) to reach Exalted.
      Thanks to this method, you can completely skip grinding Relic of Ulduar for additional reputation.
      You can start the Sons of Hodir intro quest by going to K3 in Storm Peaks and talking to Gretchen Fizzlespark (They Took Our Men!).
      You can buy Reins of the Ice Mammoth (Alliance) / Reins of the Ice Mammoth (Horde) for 1,000 Gold at Revered and Reins of the Grand Ice Mammoth (Alliance) / Reins of the Grand Ice Mammot (Horde) for 10,000 Gold at Exalted with the Sons of Hodir. Reputation discounts apply.
      (Source)
    • By Stan
      Very little is known about the Path of Ascension coming in Shadowlands, so we're looking at what we found in the game files.
      The Bastion Arena that we though was initially designed for PvP is known in the game files as "9.0 Bastion Arena - Path of Ascension". Another field calls it "The Robodrone".
      The loading screen gives us a very a rough idea about the new zone's appearance, but what is the Scenario really about?

Through datamining we found multiple achievements tied to the Path of Ascension progression that include 39 encounter and defeating each boss unlocks more, so it's safe to assume that this could be the Brawler's Guild of Shadowlands.
      The Path Towards Ascension 1 - Defeat a boss in the Path of Ascension. Reward: Unlock more challenges in the Path of Ascension. The Path Towards Ascension 3  - Defeat three bosses in the Path of Ascension. The Path Towards Ascension 5 - Defeat three bosses in the Path of Ascension. The Path Towards Ascension 7 - Defeat seven bosses in the Path of Ascension. The Path Towards Ascension 12 - Defeat 12 bosses in the Path of Ascension. The Path Towards Ascension 16 - Defeat 16 bosses in the Path of Ascension. The Path Towards Ascension 20 - Defeat 20 bosses in the Path of Ascension. The Path Towards Ascension 24 - Defeat 24 bosses in the Path of Ascension. The Path Towards Ascension 39 - Defeat 39 bosses in the Path of Ascension. Some spells reveal additional unlockable opponents, hinting at a Brawler's Guild-style system.
      Trial: Mad Mortimer - Unlocks Mad Mortimer as an opponent in the Path of Ascension. Trial: Athanos - Unlocks Athanos as an opponent in the Path of Ascension. Furthermore, datamining revealed more about Path of Ascension training and your Soulbind will help you during the encounters.
      It seems there will be some sort of Training Dummy implemented to practice for the Path of Ascension and your Soulbind will assist you during the encounter.
      Soul Mirror - Used to capture a memory of a target for training purposes in the Path of Ascension. Extracting Memory - Channel on a Path of Ascension capture target, containing a memory of them within the Soul Mirror to be trained against. [DNT] Start Encounter - Are you ready to face the Path of Ascension with your current selections? Charms
      Buffs that empower your Soulbind in different ways. Charms are crafted through Ascended Crafting. Some of the buffs are still incomplete.
      Charm of Fortitude - Pin this charm on your Soulbind, increasing their Health by 10% for their next Path of Ascension encounter. Charm of Alacrity - Pin this charm on your Soulbind, increasing their Movement Speed by 10% for their next Path of Ascension encounter. Charm of Persistence - Pin this charm on your Soulbind, causing them to regenerate 1% health every 5 seconds during their next Path of Ascension encounter. Charm of Buff 4 - Pin this charm on your Soulbind, causing them to Buff 4 during their next Path of Ascension encounter. Charm of Buff 5 - Pin this charm on your Soulbind, causing Buff 5 during their next Path of Ascension encounter. Charm of Buff 6 - Pin this charm on your Soulbind, causing Buff 6 during their next Path of Ascension encounter. Charm of Buff 7 - Pin this charm on your Soulbind, causing Buff 7 during their next Path of Ascension encounter. Path of Ascension is a Scenario which means you can just queue up for it and there is no need to wait for your turn!
      Latest Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972 News
      Profession Catch-Up System in Shadowlands Changes to Combat Potions in Shadowlands Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972: Class Changes Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972: New Anima Powers New Demon Hunter Changes Announced An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on Alpha Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Tyrannical No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands Mage and Warrior Soulbind Conduits
    • By Stan
      The new Alliance and Horde Intro Experience of Shadowlands is suppose to introduce completely new players to the game and we learned that Area looting is a feature learned at level 8.
      Back in May, we posted about the option to disable AoE Loot in the game, now why would you want that? It turns out this feature is intended for new players that go through Exile's Reach and unlock Area looting at level 8.
      For an odd reason, AoE looting was available on Alpha even before level 8 as depicted in the image below and we did not have to loot all corpses separately.

Upon reaching level 8, you unlock Area Looting which allows you to loot all nearby corpses.

Thanks to u/Grayvves for the tip.
      Latest Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972 News
      Profession Catch-Up System in Shadowlands Changes to Combat Potions in Shadowlands Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972: Class Changes Shadowlands Alpha Build 34972: New Anima Powers New Demon Hunter Changes Announced An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on Alpha Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Tyrannical No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands Mage and Warrior Soulbind Conduits Path of Ascension Datamining New Jewelry Color Options for Blood Elves
    • By Stan
      The Corruption Effects Vendor resets today and MOTHER will be selling a different batch of Preserved Contaminants for Echoes of Ny'alotha. This rotation includes Rank 3 Twilight Devastation and Masterful.
      List of Preserved Contaminants Currently on Sale

Strikethrough (Rank 1 // 10 Corruption) for 3,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha Increases the damage and healing you deal with Critical Strikes by 2%. Racing Pulse (Rank 1 // 15 Corruption) for 4,125 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your spells and abilities have a chance to increase your Haste by 546 for 4 seconds. Void Ritual (Rank 2 // 35 Corruption) for 7,875 Echoes of Ny'alotha Gain Void Ritual, giving your spells and abilities a chance to increase all secondary stats by 33 every second for 20 seconds. This chance is increased if at least 2 nearby allies also have Void Ritual. Surging Vitality (Rank 2 // 20 Corruption) for 5,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha Taking damage has a chance to increase your Versatility by 458 for 20 seconds. Twilight Devastation (Rank 3 // 75 Corruption) for 15,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your attacks have a chance to trigger a beam of Twilight Devastation, dealing damage equal to 18% of your Health to all enemies in front of you. Masterful (Rank 3 // 20 Corruption) for 5,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by 12%. Avoidant (Rank 1 // 8 Corruption) for 2,400 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to 5% of your Haste. Find out more about Corrupted Items in Visions of N'zoth and future rotations in our guide.