FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

The Story of Derek Proudmoore in Patch 8.1

InmO0pH.jpg

From the War Campaign so far we know that the Horde was able to recover Derek Proudmoore's body, but what awaits the once commander of the Third Fleet in Tides of Vengeance? Check out the article to learn more, but beware, it's full of story spoilers!

Horde War Campaign Part 4: Helping Talanji in Nazmir

The 8.1 War Campaign is gated and during the fourth part that becomes available on January 22, we help Princess Talanji in Nazmir. We learn that Alliance forces have lured the Horde into Nazmir under false pretense and a mysterious fog surrounding the area. We try to uncover the secrets behind it in order to mobilize our forces to strike back. In the end it turns out that Alliance have stolen the Abyssal Scepter Abyssal Scepter and Talanji destroys it to make the fog go away, but at the same time, Alliance forces attack the defenseless and vulnerable Dazar'alor. This portion of the story is important, because it's when the Battle of Dazar'alor raid becomes available. The following cutscene will play once you finish the questline.

Transcript

Spoiler

Rokhan: Dis be givin' me a bad feelin'. Why bring da fog if dere be no ships to hide?

Princess Talanji: It does not make sense. Unless... dey wanted us to be in Nazmir...

Princess Talanji: Dey have deceived us! My father stands alone to defend de city!

Rokhan: Dose Alliance snakes!

Princess Talanji: Our home is under siege! Return to Zuldazar at once!

Battle of Dazar'alor Raid

The raid opens on January 22 and we know that King Rastakhan (one of the raid bosses) dies here.

Horde War Campaign Part 5: A Dead King

A week after the raid opens on January 29, the Horde will honor Rastakhan. We pretty much described the portion of the story in detail here.  What's important is that Sylvanas wants to make the Proudmoore family pay dearly for Rastakhan's death.

Transcript

Spoiler

Princess Talanji: Thank you for coming, champion. Zuldazar is still reeling from de Alliance attack. My people's faith has been shaken... and so has my own.

Baine Bloodhoof: I too know the pain of losing a father. If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Nathanos Blightcaller: You have seen firsthand the treachery of the Alliance. Let your grief be sated by vengeance against them.

Baine Bloodhoof: This is not the time to speak of revenge, Blightcaller!

Nathanos Blightcaller: Enough! The warchief has arrived.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: My condolences on your loss, princess. Excuse me... Queen Talanji.

Princess Talanji: Titles mean little to me now. I must know... with de Zandalari navy in ruins, does de Horde intend to abandon us?

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: We do not turn our back on our allies, Talanji. The war campaign has taken an unfortunate turn, to be certain... but our cause is not lost.

Nathanos Blightcaller: my queen... reports are coming in from all outposts. The Alliance is tightening its grip. Victory is within their grasp.

Baine Bloodhoof: Perhaps we can open negotiations--

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: The Alliance slays the leader of the Zandalari, and you speak of negotiations?

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: No. This war will not end until we stand victorious. Until the Little Lion kneels before my throne.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Meet me aboard the Banshee's Wail. I have a plan to ensure the Proudmoore family pays dearly for Rastakhan's death.

Resurrecting Derek Proudmoore

Sylvanas resurrects Derek Proudmoore and plans to use him as a tool against the Proudmoore family when the time's right. Baine and the rest of the Horde don't like this at all and think Sylvanas has gotten too far, especially Baine. Video courtesy of Wowhead.

Transcript

Spoiler

Baine Bloodhoof: Sylvanas!

Baine Bloodhoof: What reason could you possibly have for this madness?!

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Derek Proudmoore was a hero to the Kul Tirans.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: They are sure to stage a rescue attempt when they learn of his fate.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: And once his mind has been properly conditioned, we will allow the Proudmoores to recover their long-lost prince...

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: ...so he can slaughter them in their sleep.

Baine Bloodhoof: This is too far!

Baine Bloodhoof: How many times must we forsake our honor?

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: There can only be victory or death for us, Baine.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: And death is mine to master.

Derek Proudmoore: <Derek groans as being revived.>

Derek Proudmoore: What... what is this? Why am I... What have you done to me?!

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Why Lord Proudmoore, I've given you a chance to reunite with your family.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: You should be grateful.

Derek Proudmoore: <Derek Wailing>

Derek in the Hall of Rituals

Aboard the Banshee's Wail, you can ask Nathanos where Derek's being held. His location will be highlighted with a red icon on the map in the Hall of Rituals within Dazar'alor. He's super confused and doesn't understand anything. Baine, again, appears here, telling us there's no honor in this.

Transcript

Spoiler

Derek Proudmoore: Please... help me. I... I don't know what's happened. What's been done to me.

Derek Proudmoore: I remember the battle. Orcish dragon riders. Our decks consumed by flame. I felt a blaze of agony and then... darkness.

Derek Proudmoore: I was... dead, wasn't I? But for how long? I am not quite alive, and yet... I don't understand this! Please... PLEASE... how is this possible?!

Derek Proudmoore: Tell me... tell me, where is my father? My mother? Jaina... Tandred... please... please. I'm so alone! Don't... don't leave me alone!

Baine Bloodhoof: This is wrong. There is no honor in it.

Baine Bloodhoof: Her deeds disgrace us all. We must set things right... before the Horde loses everything that made us strong.

• Like 1

as meh as I have felt about this expansion, the story so far has been utterly epic.  Rock solid in most ways except idk wtf is going on with Sylvanas' character...  Hopefully there's an arc that I am not seeing or that will come to fruition. 

Theyve said she wont be garrosh 2.0, but god I cant see it ending any other way. 

Regardless i am totally in love with this story.  This game (even with bugs and glitches and problems of 8.0) is holding my attention easily in regards to the storyboard.

• Like 1