FORUMS
Stan

Season 15 End & Season 16 Start Dates

39649-season-15-overview.jpg

Season 15 was supposed to end on December 16, but the Diablo team decided to extend it and the new end date is January 6. Season 16 is scheduled for the week of January 11.

The new Season will go live with Patch 2.6.4 that was available for testing on PTR.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Hey everyone,

In order to ensure a smooth transition between Seasons, and give players extra time to enjoy the Double Bounty Cache buff, we will be ending Season 15 on January 6. With this, Season 16 is scheduled to begin on January 11. 

As a quick heads-up, we will also be resetting the current Era leaderboards on January 8, so you’ve still got some time to push for that final leaderboard placement before the rollover occurs!

Good luck,
- Tyvalir
  • Like 1

IMHO, Blizzard would've been better off keeping the December 16 end of S15, and opening S16 just before the xmas/new years holidays, ...

Just because nobody wants Diablo Immortal, Is that a reason for Blizzard to vengefully chase us onto PoE. ?

Those Blizzard dev's really are lazy aferall.

Edited by rickster
  • Confused 1

Seasons are fine and all but just put Immortal into Diablo and keep adding to the game. I want to hear from a fan who actually wants Diablo to go to mobile. Just because there is a lot of games on the phone and tablet doesn't mean no one is using PC. Seriously look at WoW. But Blizzard isnt looking like they listening to the fans anyway.

this is bullshit, ive been waiting for ages to come back with the new set buffs, now i can wait another month.. they really know how to please their customers atm.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Subjective said:

Are the starter sets (from the seasonal journey rewards) going to be the same as S-15? Only played S-15 (NSwitch) so unsure if they change each season or not. 🙂

They change them up every season.

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, inteus said:

this is bullshit, ive been waiting for ages to come back with the new set buffs, now i can wait another month.. they really know how to please their customers atm.

Considering they announced said changes November 19, I'm not sure how you've been "waiting ages" for them.
That being said - I too was annoyed to find that the season had been extended almost an entire month. It'd be nice if they were taking time to make other improvements and changes - I'd give my left nut for pets to pick up Death's Breath and/or crafting mats - but, whatever. I guess I'll go farm some bounty mats.

3 hours ago, darkinchworm said:

Considering they announced said changes November 19, I'm not sure how you've been "waiting ages" for them.
That being said - I too was annoyed to find that the season had been extended almost an entire month. It'd be nice if they were taking time to make other improvements and changes - I'd give my left nut for pets to pick up Death's Breath and/or crafting mats - but, whatever. I guess I'll go farm some bounty mats.

well considering diablo 3 has gotten 0 changes for AGES, then weeks does feel like AGES ... 

4 hours ago, darkinchworm said:

I'd give my left nut ...

also, if those timer "globes" in Rifts/Greater Rifts were just automatically picked up and/or given credit for, during runs, -that has been an age-old issue with D3 that needs to be FIXED. !

Edited by rickster
  • Like 1

Any theorycrafting ideas on the most impactful build given you will have a freed up RoRG slot?
Or is it just dumbed down to "oh yeah, slot in ring of elements instead of that, and if you already had ring of elements, well slot in focus restraint or compas rose and cube it or something"

On 12/14/2018 at 6:52 PM, Koxsos said:

Any theorycrafting ideas on the most impactful build given you will have a freed up RoRG slot?
Or is it just dumbed down to "oh yeah, slot in ring of elements instead of that, and if you already had ring of elements, well slot in focus restraint or compas rose and cube it or something"

Since, (for S16), you won't need a RoRG anymore, then any, and every set build will now benefit from not having to wear/cube RoRG, which yes, free's up another Ring/Cube slot, and that's it.

-not sure if that's what u meant ?

Edited by rickster

What I would like to know is,

Many times we see the all buffs/benefits of Seasonal patches applied to regular/non-seasonal play,

But why is Blizzard implementing the (no need) buff of RoRG into S16, but NOT into the regular non-seasonal players. ???

In other words, what's the point of playing a "crippled" regular/non-seasonal character now ?

17 minutes ago, Chazzx said:

Appears the double bounty caches are gone now... Just completed a run and got singles

Yep, I just did an Act IV bounty tonight Dec.16, and I only got one cache.

wow, wtf,  I thought Blizzard wasn't ending Season 15 until January 6, 2019 ?!  Can't they make up they're minds? -Blizzard owes us some cash, or is that cache ? 😉

Edited by rickster
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 3:02 AM, rickster said:

Since, (for S16), you won't need a RoRG anymore, then any, and every set build will now benefit from not having to wear/cube RoRG, which yes, free's up another Ring/Cube slot, and that's it.

-not sure if that's what u meant ?

"Any theorycrafting ideas on the most impactful build given you will have a freed up RoRG slot?" is literally what I meant.
I mean I get all builds benefit, but which one will benefit the most?
Given the "mutator" I want to know if someone crunched the numbers and said "this and this build will have the most impactful and fun slot to benefit from it."  Also if there are more creative ways to take advantage than slotting focus/res or compas rose.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:46 PM, Koxsos said:

"Any theorycrafting ideas on the most impactful build given you will have a freed up RoRG slot?" is literally what I meant.
I mean I get all builds benefit, but which one will benefit the most?
Given the "mutator" I want to know if someone crunched the numbers and said "this and this build will have the most impactful and fun slot to benefit from it."  Also if there are more creative ways to take advantage than slotting focus/res or compas rose.

Ah k, but you're gonna have to be more specific than just, "What's the best build for S16.. "?  For example, in my case, I'll be looking to build a viable (Monk) T13/Rift DB runner with 2 sets now, Sunwuko/WoL, and Sages set, thanks to not needed RoRG. But ya, there will obviously be many, many other possible Class "Set" mixes too, coming soon, some better than other's.

It looks like our "icy-veins" site here are gonna be busier this upcoming Season drafting some extra (mixed) Class Set build tutorials for us, hopefully?.   😉

Edited by rickster

At the end of S16 when our toon gets converted from a seasonal to a normal, will they keep the RoRG effect, or does that build then become worthless for normal gameplay, requiring a ring change?

On 1/2/2019 at 3:58 AM, Sinbad said:

At the end of S16 when our toon gets converted from a seasonal to a normal, will they keep the RoRG effect, or does that build then become worthless for normal gameplay, requiring a ring change?

Wow I had not even thought about that. Makes me rethink a lot about season 16. Spend tons of time testing new builds that will all become obsolete when season 16 ends. Need time to think about that...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      The balance patch has finally gone live with the return of Lamentation, a nerf/fix for Bazooka wizard, and fixes for Fjord Cutter and Won Khim Lau, as well as the new monk set! This should (hopefully) be the very final changes before Season 19 launches on Friday. If you wanted to check out the earlier base patch notes, you can do so here. We've also started publishing out S19 guides, with barbarians and crusaders already prepared.
      2.6.7a (source)
      Below you will find the patch notes for the most recent update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.7a.
      Last updated November 20 @ 10:00 a.m. PST.
      PATCH 2.6.7a
      Table of Contents:
      Items Bug Fixes Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated.
      Items
      Lamentation Now increases the damage of Rend by [100-150%] Developer's Note: As we've indicated in forum posts, we overshot on Lamentation 's original implementation during the 2.6.7 PTR. However, we also very much undershot the overall balance of Rend/Whirlwind's adjustments by removing this bonus completely. After reading a ton of your feedback and completing our own internal testing, we've settled on a middle ground we believe reaches the balance level we were shooting for. Shield of Fury The benefit of this item now stacks up to a cap of 20 Developer's Note: As many of you noted coming out of our 2.6.7 update, we also overshot on Crusader with the live patch. We love to see Crusader performing much better with it's new set, and this cap should reign in damage to a more reasonable level Return to Top Bugs
      Wizard Wave of ForceArcane Attunement Stacks of Arcane Attunement are now removed upon entering a Greater Rift (PC Only) Note: This change will be coming to Console in a future patch. Patterns of Justice Fixed an issue where the Tempest RushFlurry rune attack did not benefit from the 6-Piece bonus when cancelling Tempest Rush (PC Only) Developer's Note: We were unable to resolve this for 2.6.7a for Console; however, it is slated to be fixed on Console in a future patch. Fjord Cutter Fixed an issue where Fjord Cutter was increasing all damage to slowed or chilled enemies instead of just Seismic Slam damage Won Khim Lau Fixed a bug where Epiphany would trigger teleporting while channeling Tempest RushElectric Field when Won Khim Lau was equipped Return to Top  

Related Diablo 3 articles
      Barbarian and Crusader Season 19 Guides Are Live
      Bazooka Wizard Nerf/Bug Fix, 2.6.7a Balance Patch Coming Later This Week
      2.6.7A Balance Patch and Final Season 19 Notes: Lamentation Returns, Crusader Nerf and More
      List of Patch 2.6.7 Issues
      Official Season 19 Start Date: November 22nd
      Patch 2.6.7 and Season 19 Patch Notes + S19 Not Starting on Friday
      Lilith's Embrace Wings in Diablo III for Virtual Ticket Holders
    • By Starym
      Season 19 is coming this Friday and it brings a lot of changes with it, especially for the two classes we've already prepared guides for - the barbarian and crusader. With the new legendary powers for barb and a whole new set for crusader, their builds have been shaken up a little, with the two new build entries for the holy warriors coming in at No.1 and No.9! We'll be adding more Season 19 guides as the week goes on, and all classes will be covered when the new season starts.

If you need to brush up on all the changes from the patch, you can check out the patch notes here and the recent balance changes here.

Furious Charge Barbarian (IK + Raekor) (Top Tier) Speed Farming Variation Hammer of the Ancients GR Barbarian (Legacy of Dreams Gem) (Top Tier) Rend Barbarian (WotW + Istvan) (Top Tier) Speed Farming Variation Hammer of the Ancients Raekor Barbarian (Raekor + Istvan)  (Top Tier) Speed Farming Variation Support Barbarian (Raekor + Istvan) (Top Tier) Seismic Slam Barbarian (MotE + Endless Walk) (High Tier) Speed Farming Variation Whirlwind Wastes Barbarian (WotW + Bul-kathos) (High Tier) Speed Farming Variation Leap/Earthquake Barbarian (MotE + Bastions) (High Tier) Speed Farming Variation Hammer of the Ancients IK Barbarian (IK + Endless Walk) (High Tier) Speed Farming Variation Frenzy Thorns Barbarian (LoN) (Low Tier) Speed Farming Variation  

Heaven's Fury Crusader (Aegis of Valor) (New) (Top Tier) Speed Farming Variation Blessed Shield Crusader (Legacy of Dreams Gem) (Top Tier) Hammerdin Crusader (SoL + Endless Walk)  (Top Tier) Speed Farming Variation Thorns Crusader (Invoker + Endless Walk) (Top Tier) Speed Farming Variation Condemn Akkhan Crusader (Akkhan + Bastions)  (High Tier) Speed Farming Variation Condemn LoD Crusader (Legacy of Dreams Gem) (High Tier) Blessed Shield Crusader (Akkhan + Endless Walk) (Mid Tier) Speed Farming Variation Bombardment Crusader (LoN) (Mid Tier) Speed Farming Variation Fist of the Heavens Crusader (Aegies of Valor) (New) (Mid Tier) Speed Farming Variation Sweep Attack Crusader (Roland + Endless Walk) (Mid Tier) Speed Farming Variation Shield Bash Crusader (Roland + Bastions) (Low Tier) Speed Farming Variation Bombardment Crusader (Akkhan + Norvald + Sage) (Low Tier) Solo Progression Varian  

Bazooka Wizard Nerf/Bug Fix, 2.6.7a Balance Patch Coming Later This Week
      2.6.7A Balance Patch and Final Season 19 Notes: Lamentation Returns, Crusader Nerf and More

Header image source.
    • By Stan
      As previously indicated, the Era Leaderboards will be temporary disabled and all previous entries between the launch of Patch 2.6.7 and 2.6.7a will be removed. Note that Greater Rift clears during leaderboard maintenance will not be recorded.
      Blizzard (Source)
      As we’ve previously indicated, we will be resetting the current Era in light of the balance changes coming in Patch 2.6.7a. Once the patch begins deployment, the Era Leaderboards will be temporarily disabled and all previous entries between the launch of Patch 2.6.7 and Patch 2.6.7a will be removed.
      During leaderboard maintenance, please note that Greater Rift clears during this time period will not be recorded. Messaging will be available in-game to indicate that the leaderboards are unavailable. We advise against attempting to clear new records until maintenance has ended—we’ll update this thread once the Era has finished resetting.
      Thanks for your patience and understanding, and we’ll see you in Patch 2.6.7a!
    • By Starym
      It seems we spoke too soon when saying the previously published balance patch notes were "final", as there's a late addition to patch 2.6.7a. The "Bazooka" Wizard build is getting nerfed via a bug fix removing their ability to carry over Arcane Attunement stacks from GR to GR. This isn't that huge of a nerf and the build will still probably be among the best/the best/OP, but at least it's something.
      We also got word that the balance patch won't be coming tomorrow, Tuesday, as usual, but later in the week before the season 19 launch on Friday.
      2.6.7a (source)
      Later this week, but before the Season 19 launch. While we normally deploy patches on Tuesdays, that will likely not be the case here. We also want to address an egregious Bazooka Wizard issue the community has brought to our attention. While we won’t be able to completely address the build as a whole for Season 19, we can address the Wave of ForceArcane Attunement stack concern before the Season goes live for PC. This fix will come at a later time for console, though the build is largely impractical on those platforms. I’ll update the original post’s patch notes in this thread in a moment with the incoming change. That way everyone will know what to expect.
      This issue will be fixed in 2.6.7a on PC. It will be coming to console in a later patch, though we don’t really see Bazooka Wizard being played on console due to the difficulties in executing the build.

Balance Patch to Come Before Season 19 Start
      Clarification on Season 19 Not Coming This Week
      New Lamentation Barbarian Legendary Nerfed, Blizzard Responds
      Era Ending with Patch 2.6.7 + Season 19 Probable Start
    • By Starym
      It seems the larger gap between patch and season has borne fruit, as the balance notes for the small patch that's coming before season 19 starts is pretty great! Barbarians will rejoice as Lamentation is back, if slightly weaker, and everyone will rejoice as the new Crusader set is slightly less OP. We also get some bug fixes, including one which improves the Monk set further, Fjord Cutter now properly only works for Seismic Slam and more. We also may be getting longer PTR durations when new sets are introduced in the future.
      2.6.7A (source)
      Hey all,
      So as you may have seen elsewhere, we’ll be issuing a small update to 2.6.7 between now and the start of Season 19 to address some balance issues prior to the start of the Season of Eternal Conflict. This patch isn’t going to resolve every balance issue; there’s simply not enough time between the need for QA verification and patch submission for all our platforms to address everything. That said, we’re committed to continuing to balance with community feedback in mind as we release additional patches throughout 2020.
      For Season 19, though, here’s what you can look forward to (these Patch Notes are currently pending through Localization for official release, so please take unofficial translations you read with a grain of salt):
      We know there are still other things to address, including Rathma Necromancer, Bazooka Wizard, and general Demon Hunter performance (among other concerns for other classes that we have slated for future patches). We’re not ready to deploy changes on these fronts, but we are continuing to pore through feedback, experiment, and iterate on potential solutions, so please keep making your voice heard in a constructive manner!
      We’re also discussing extending future PTRs for patches that include additional set items; one week was simply not enough for the iteration process, and we’re adjusting accordingly.
      It’s taken time to get communication to a more mobile and agile place, and I appreciate your patience while we’ve worked to get new processes in place. Hopefully it shows that we’re working on addressing as much as we can, as timely as we can; we are passionate about Sanctuary and its inhabitants, and we’re doing our best to make Diablo III as awesome as it can possibly be.
      Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you in Patch 2.6.7a and Season 19!
      Header image by Milan Nikolic.