FORUMS
Damien

Introducing PoE Vault

Woah.
Would like to see interface for builds like D3 has here with categories by class (Witch, Duelist etc, no ascendancy) instead of that forum layout. Also guides by 'Furty' are missing leveling tips which are awesome in 'Vvckd' builds. ?

Edited by Kaelos
  • Like 3

Definitely wasn't expecting this, but it's a welcome surprise. Great job so far.

I assume they're keeping that forum layout because that's how it is on the official Path of Exile site.

Edited by Anastriana
  • Like 3

:|

I thought you guys were Blizzard-exclusive. In that vein, good job, Blizzard, for making your number-one supporter break their chastity belts open and get canoodling with your own sister, the one that everyone derided as a fashion-senseless imitator at first but slowly and surely worked on herself to eclipse your every achievement. And surely, this is a great step by Icy Veins, but at the same time a deplorable one by Blizzard for making this necessary.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kaelos said:

Woah.
Would like to see interface for builds like D3 has here with categories by class (Witch, Duelist etc, no ascendancy) instead of that forum layout. Also guides by 'Furty' are missing leveling tips which are awesome in 'Vvckd' builds. ?

I'll pass this along to Furty and Vvckd, thanks!

1 hour ago, Anastriana said:

Definitely wasn't expecting this, but it's a welcome surprise. Great job so far.

I assume they're keeping that forum layout because that's how it is on the official Path of Exile site.

We'll definitely have a more organized layout as we keep adding more guides. It's a site that is going to keep evolving as the devs keep clearing all the tasks we're filling in their project management software ? It's just that we only have like 15 guides for now, so we deemed a list to be OK. Later, when we have more guides, we'll definitely have a mega menu (like we have for the items) with all the currently popular builds, organized by ascendency.

41 minutes ago, Infinal said:

:|

I thought you guys were Blizzard-exclusive. In that vein, good job, Blizzard, for making your number-one supporter break their chastity belts open and get canoodling with your own sister, the one that everyone derided as a fashion-senseless imitator at first but slowly and surely worked on herself to eclipse your every achievement. And surely, this is a great step by Icy Veins, but at the same time a deplorable one by Blizzard for making this necessary.

Icy Veins will always remain a Blizzard exclusive, but the games we cover are getting old, especially World of Warcraft. We don't know if Blizzard games will be enough for us to keep making a living out of them. As you can imagine, WoW traffic has taken a hit with BfA ,and Overwatch, their latest game, doesn't work well for written content. So we've got to plan ahead and try to diversify. 

30 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Don't you guys have Diablo: Immortal to write about?!

I think this might be a surprisingly popular game, so we'll probably write about it on Icy Veins.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Ogerscherge said:

This still kind of feels like a slap in the face of Diablo, but I like PoE as well, so I don't mind. ^-^

Still, softer slap than mobile diablo ? 

Now to find old mail/password to install it again and read stuff while it downloads... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I tested PoE many years ago in Beta status and i think i might give it a try again, since nearly all of my connections play it from time to time, season to season. 

Thanks for this information here or better said highlight. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uncommon Patron

Oh this is a good step! I haven't played POE as although from the videos I've watched it looks fun it also seems incredibly complicated (Thanks to Quin69 for that, bless him). Knowing IV have turned their gaze on it will make it much more appealing for me to dabble a toe in the water.

• Like 2

wow, it's nice to see PoE here, and mucho thanks to all, for your hard work.  ?

I tried to play it a year ago for a few hours, and even though I did like the playstyle, It seemed to be more of a "Trade to Win" game.?, which I'm a little leary of.  If someone wants to correct me on that, feel free.

Edited by rickster
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, rickster said:

wow, it's nice to see PoE here, and mucho thanks to all, for your hard work.  ?

I tried to play it a year ago for a few hours, and even though I did like the playstyle, It seemed to be more of a "Trade to Win" game.?, which I'm a little leary of.  If someone wants to correct me on that, feel free.

It's trade based game if you want it to be.  You can play solo self found or not but you don't have to trade at all to win.  99% of the time people that can't get something done is because they don't cap their resistances.  I think a lot of people get hung up on the color of gear as well, "legendary/orange" color gear majority of the time is not best in slot for most gear slots granted there are some BIS pieces but not mandatory, you'll be just fine in blue/yellow gear as long as you have the proper gems for your build.  Do you want to trade for that 6link chest or weapon or grind it out that is up to you but you will be just fine on 5link.

Poe is grindy and a bit slower than d3 but actually having to farm for something feels a lot more rewarding than d3 haedrigs gift in a few hours and the game is basically over.  

Honestly if anyone is really wanting to play, i highly recommend spending a little bit of time reading whichever class guide you want to play and i mean really read it over don't skip to the tl;dr and get path of building and filterblade(filters loot drops, only shows important items) which makes everything so much easier.  

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 12:17 AM, Damien said:

I think this might be a surprisingly popular game, so we'll probably write about it on Icy Veins.

Yes, it's possible. People will forget about about whole drama by the time it's released, and those who were never invested in it to begin with, will likely play it. Depends how this game is going to be designed, if there will be a lot to write about or will it face the same problem Overwatch has (not much of interesting stuff for average player to read about, besides events and some major patches).

Edited by Arcling
  • Sad 1

Nice to see IV branching out a bit. Can't say the same about the game choice though.

Don't get me wrong, game can be fun, but... I don't know, it just isn't for me. Sort of a tip for returning people or new ones: if you don't like racist talk, politics in game chats, or trash talk in general - hide it in settings. But if you dislike such COMMUNITY, then this may be the breaking point for you.

On 12/23/2018 at 5:43 PM, Arcling said:

Yes, it's possible. People will forget about about whole drama by the time it's released, and those who were never invested in it to begin with, will likely play it. Depends how this game is going to be designed, if there will be a lot to write about or will it face the same problem Overwatch has (not much of interesting stuff for average player to read about, besides events and some major patches).

According to Deadset, they really intend to make a proper Diablo experience with proper builds, etc. So there should be plenty to write about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To the icy-veins crew, Diablo, PoE, and all other (MMO)/RPG'ers/... Player's out there, have a Merry Christmas, with best hopes and wishes for you and yours'.  ?

Edited by rickster
  • Like 2

Thank you for the PoE website.  I stopped playing it about 8 months ago, got stuck with my characters, probably due to using guides that were a few years old.

I'll be going to your site tomorrow and restart.

• Like 1