FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Arms Warrior PvP

Guest Hoboedd

Arms PvP guide written by a monk? o.O Some of these things seem very different to what I see in the meta, for instance most warriors run Anger Management in PvP and its not mentioned even as a viable option in the talent section.

On 3/22/2019 at 12:01 AM, Guest Hoboedd said:

Arms PvP guide written by a monk? o.O Some of these things seem very different to what I see in the meta, for instance most warriors run Anger Management in PvP and its not mentioned even as a viable option in the talent section.

Mys has just put in an update to fix some inaccuracies, so that should help tidy things up a bit. Sorry for the errors!

Guest Braknarhar

What are your thoughts on the essence Conflict and Strike?

Guest Faewyn

This guide has some issues! For example, you tell ppl to use Avatar and then the major essence for burst. This is wrong (test it yourself): Avatar does NOT boost the damage of that essence, I tested it out. So by doing it this way, you waste an entire gcd while being in avatar.

Also, the rotation / playstyle mentions to use charge to close the gap in the opener. While you can do that (and it generates a little extra rage), it would be worth to note that you can/should see charge also as some sort of cooldown. You don't want to chage into an unholy dk or demon hunter just do see how he just slows you / dashes away and you're stuck there.

Sure, you could use Heroic Leap to AGAIN close the gap, but then you're out of mobility cooldowns for some time. You could mention that in the opener, it COULD be worth a try to close the gap without using charge to have it available when you really need it.

On the macros page - slight adjustment needed

#showtooltip StormBolt

/cast [target=arena1] StormBolt

To:

#showtooltip Storm Bolt

/cast [target=arena1] Storm Bolt

Guest hekichan

Man the conduit section for arms PvP is just terrible and makes close to no sense. Actually lost a lot of respect for icyvein guide after reading this, because it is just flat out bad advice. I will be double checking everything I read thru this website from now on...

12 hours ago, Guest hekichan said:

Man the conduit section for arms PvP is just terrible and makes close to no sense. Actually lost a lot of respect for icyvein guide after reading this, because it is just flat out bad advice. I will be double checking everything I read thru this website from now on...

Hey there! 

Was there something in particular in the conduits section that you felt was standing out as an issue? It sounds like there is a major issue here, but I would appreciate if you could give a bit more detail on it so that I can get the writer to look into it/fix it ASAP.

I'm sad to hear that you feel this way, and we always pride ourselves on trying to make sure we have the best content possible up on the site that we can, but large overhauls for a new expansion can always cause confusion or issues when a writer forgets or misses something (especially when they have a huge amount to update).

Guest Bollrox

Hi,

there is an error in the macro section... took me a while to find out why your Shield Block macro didnt work.

Off Hand is no correct term. You have to use Off-Hand.

regards,

Bollrox

16 hours ago, Guest Bollrox said:

Hi,

there is an error in the macro section... took me a while to find out why your Shield Block macro didnt work.

Off Hand is no correct term. You have to use Off-Hand.

regards,

Bollrox

Hey Bollrox

That's very peculiar. For me Off Hand works just fine but the macro doesn't function if I edit it to Off-Hand.
Are you positive that what you're saying is correct?

According to WoWhead's Macro Guide the slot ID for your off hand is either 17 or Off Hand.

Kind regards,
Karanze

Guest Lkoinw

Hello,

You are mentionning a grace period for Bladestorm after getting cced. It never seems to occur for me, is it still a thing ?

Regards,

9 hours ago, Guest Lkoinw said:

Hello,

You are mentionning a grace period for Bladestorm after getting cced. It never seems to occur for me, is it still a thing ?

Regards,

Hello Lkoinw

The Bladestorm grace period is still in the game yes, but it's very difficult to pull off. Think of it this way, if you hit Bladestorm at the same time a rogue would hit Kidney Shot, or any CC in the game really, on you, your Bladestorm takes priority and will break the CC. You can hit Bladestorm roughly 0.25 seconds after a CC has been applied, and Bladestorm will still break it. This is what I refer to as the grace period.

Regards,
Karanze

14 hours ago, Guest PAWN STRING said:

Could you make a Pawn string please 🙂

Hello Pawn String

I'd make you one, but simulated results are generally never accurate in PvP. I recommend you stick to the stat priority in the guide.

Kind regards,
Karanze

Guest lolitsmagic

Any news on the new "shackle" trinket from killing 20 of the opposing faction quest? I can't help but think it has synergy with warriors..

On 7/18/2021 at 11:41 PM, Guest RAHH said:

No gear recommendation for weapon?

Hello RAHH

The recommended weapon is the seasonal conquest weapon.

Kind regards,
Karanze

Guest Venthyr war

Hi, for Venthyr warrior what are the stats ? Versa>crit>mastery>haste?

On 7/21/2021 at 6:35 PM, Guest Venthyr war said:

Hi, for Venthyr warrior what are the stats ? Versa>crit>mastery>haste?

Hello Venthyr

For Venthyr Warrior the stat priority goes Strength > Versa > Crit > Haste = Mastery

Kind regards,
Karanze

Guest Hogger

Tfw the gems is always recommends for gear and bis xD is ALWAYS wrong. They are recommending stamina and vers for most specs in pvp meanwhile that's the like worst thing possible.