Arms Warrior PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Warrior PvP guide.
Arms Warriors in the Current Meta
Arms Warrior currently serves as a heavy-hitting melee fighter capable of delivering high amounts of sustained damage in quick bursts to single targets and cleave. Arms Warrior has a broad amount of utility through Intervene, War Banner, Duel and more. The new addition of the talent system in Dragonflight has brought a lot of beneficial powers for Arms Warrior, namely that you can now use Storm Bolt, Impending Victory and Double Time at the same time.
With the reintroduction of Ignore Pain, Arms is looking to be on the dominant side of the melee spectrum while having received multiple buffs to its damage throughout season 1.
Changes in Patch 10.0.7 (Dragonflight Season 1)
Arms Warrior has received no changes in this patch
Changes in Patch 10.0.5 (Dragonflight Season 1)
- Battlelord now has a 35% chance to reset Mortal Strike and increases the damage of Overpower by 35%.
- Strength of Arms has been added as a choice node
- Spiteful Serenity has been added as a choice node
- Improved Slam has been added
- Ignore Pain has been added as a choice node
- Multiple new additions to the pathing for the Arms talent tree
- Bladestorm does 5% more damage
- Rend does 15% more initial damage
- Thunderous Roar no longer deals reduced damage in PvP, and Uproar now reduces the cooldown by 30 seconds
Strengths of Arms Warriors
- Strong, consistent damage and powerful burst windows
- Can effectively fight any number of enemies
- Strong mobility
- Sharpen Blade is the strongest healing reduction in the game
- Adaptable kit able to respond to almost any situation
- Strong defensive kit
Weaknesses of Arms Warriors
- Struggles to keep up with consistent ranged slows
- Talent lineup has you sacrifice either sustained or burst damage for the other
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we split it into different pages.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Arms Warriors in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Arms Warriors.
- On the Arms Warrior Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Arms Warriors, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 08 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 12 Mar. 2021: Updated for 9.0.5
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1
- 29 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
Other PvP Guides
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1