Arms Warrior PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (BfA 8.3)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Warrior PvP guide.
Arms Warriors in the Current Meta
Arms Warriors are one of the most feared classes in the game. What Warriors lack in crowd control, they make up for with damage. With short burst cooldowns and strong single target damage, Arms Warriors are best known for random bursts of heavy damage and being able to deal massive amounts of damage in a short time. A Warrior can easily swap from target to target and have the ability to start crushing them.
Strengths of Arms Warriors
- Strong single target damage
- Decent mobility
- Strong consistent damage
Weaknesses of Arms Warriors
- Easily crowd controlled
- Predictable burst damage
- Very few defensive cooldowns
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Azerite Traits and Essences page, you will find advice on choosing the best essence powers and the best azerite traits.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets and Azerite gear.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Arms Warriors in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Arms Warriors.
- On the Arms Warrior Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Arms Warriors, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 27 Jan. 2019: Reorganized the guide in 7 different pages.
- 16 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for patch 8.3 and no updates were necessary.
- 24 Aug. 2019: Updated Horde races.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Updated Alliance races.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Updated Guide for Patch 8.2.
- Added Azerite Essence section.
- Added Major and Minor Essences sections.
- Updated Gear section.
- Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tier 2 regular talent.
- Updated Burst and Sustained damage rotations.
- 28 Apr. 2019: Updated Recommended Items section.
- 22 Mar. 2019: Made several updates to the guide.
- Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tiers 6 and 7 of regular talents.
- Updated Burst Damage section.
- 15 Mar. 2019: Updated Tier 3 talent choice.
- 14 Mar. 2019: No major changes needed for Patch 8.1.5.
- 31 Jan. 2019: Updated Gear Recommendations.
- 13 Dec. 2018: Updated Azerite traits section.
- 12 Dec. 2018: Minor changes made for Patch 8.1.
- Updated PvP talents section.
- 13 Nov. 2018: Added Gear Recommendations section.
- 18 Oct. 2018: Updated PvP talents.
- 08 Oct. 2018: Added stat priority section, Azerite traits section, and talent table.
- 02 Oct. 2018: Removed PvP Gear and War Mode sections.
- 27 Aug. 2018: Updated Air Drops section.
- 04 Aug. 2018: Updated guide for Patch 8.0.1.
- Updated Introduction and spec overview.
- Updated all talent sections.
- Added PvP (War Mode) talents and gear sections for the new BfA system.
- Updated Racial Bonuses section.
- Updated Burst Healing and Sustained Healing sections.
- Updated Macros section.
- Removed Gear section.
- Updated Artifact Traits and Relics sections.
- 09 May 2018: Added an Arena Compositions section.
- 28 Mar. 2018: Made several updates to the guide and its structure.
- Added sections for Macros, Strengths, and Weaknesses.
- Moved Gear, Artifact Traits, and Relics sections to the end, since they are not that important.
- Updated recommended Tier 1 regular talent.
- 24 Jan. 2018: No major changes needed for Patch 7.3.5.
- 16 Dec. 2017: No major changes needed for Patch 7.3.2.
- 09 Sep. 2017: Removed Artifact Trait descriptions.
- 21 Jun. 2017: Updated the guide for Patch 7.2.5.
- Changed recommended talent for Tier 3 Regular Talents.
- Changed recommended talent for Tier 5 Regular Talents.
- Changed recommended talent for Tier 6 Regular Talents.
- Added a talent option for Tier 5 Honor Talents.
- Updated Offensive Rotation.
- Updated Burst Rotation.
- Updated Sustained Damage Rotation.
- 24 Apr. 2017: Edited description for Tier 1 talent recommended choices.
- 18 Mar. 2017: Arms Warrior PvP Guide was created.
- Hunter Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Shaman Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warlock Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Mage Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Death Knight Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warrior Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Demon Hunter Covenant Ability Tuning: September 23rd
- Significant Monk Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd