Arms Warrior PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Warrior PvP guide.
Arms Warriors in the Current Meta
Arms Warriors are one of the most feared classes in the game. What Warriors lack in crowd control, they make up for with damage. With short burst cooldowns and strong single target damage, Arms Warriors are best known for random bursts of heavy damage and being able to deal massive amounts of damage in a short time. A Warrior can easily swap from target to target and have the ability to start crushing them.
Strengths of Arms Warriors
- Strong single target damage
- Decent mobility
- Strong consistent damage
Weaknesses of Arms Warriors
- Easily crowd controlled
- Predictable burst damage
- Very few defensive cooldowns
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Azerite Traits and Essences page, you will find advice on choosing the best essence powers and the best azerite traits.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets and Azerite gear.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Arms Warriors in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Arms Warriors.
- On the Arms Warrior Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Arms Warriors, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Shadowlands Is Less than 24 Hours Away
- Your Last Chance to Claim Uncorrupted Voidwing!
- The Bag Guy Music Video and Memes
- Everything We Know About Flying in the Shadowlands So Far
- Healer Spec Shadowlands Outlook and Pre-patch Rankings
- Insane Paladin Justicar's Vengeance One-Shot Combo
- 50 to 60 Fast: DesMephisto's Shadowlands Leveling Guide Completed
- Tank Spec Shadowlands Outlook and Pre-patch Rankings