Arms Warrior PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.0.5)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Warrior PvP guide.
Arms Warriors in the Current Meta
Arms warrior is currently one of the most powerful melee specializations in the game for competitive PvP. In Shadowlands, arms warrior gained additional tools for their kit in the form of Ignore Pain, Intervene, Piercing Howl and Shattering Throw. In addition, arms got a rework to their Mastery: Deep Wounds and AP tuning to their abilities, to become more front-loaded than back-loaded unlike in BFA.
These changes combined have heavily improved arms' offense, defense and utility, which has resulted in the specialization currently wielding one of the most powerful kits in the game.
Changes in patch 9.0.5
- Battlelord and Enduring Blow have received major buffs.
- The new current best legendary for non-Venthyr is Battlelord.
- Venthyr Arms Warriors still want to stick with Exploiter.
- Conqueror's Banner has been redesigned and is now a viable covenant.
Strengths of Arms Warriors
- Strong consistent damage and powerful burst AoE
- Decent mobility
- Powerful defensives
- Adaptable kit able to respond to almost any situation
Weaknesses of Arms Warriors
- Struggles to keep up with consistent ranged slows
- Lack of self healing
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Arms Warriors in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Arms Warriors.
- On the Arms Warrior Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Arms Warriors, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 12 Mar. 2021: Updated for 9.0.5
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1
- 29 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- How to Get Actual Mangos via Battleground Chat. Wait, What?
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 14th
- Blizzard Working on Protection Paladin's Threat Issue Bug
- Official Preview of Mythic Rating in Patch 9.1
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1