Arms Warrior PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.1.5)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Warrior PvP guide.
Arms Warriors in the Current Meta
Arms Warrior is currently one of the most powerful melee specializations in the game for competitive PvP. In Shadowlands, Arms Warrior gained additional tools for their kit in the form of Ignore Pain, Intervene, Piercing Howl and Shattering Throw. In addition, Arms got a rework to their Mastery: Deep Wounds and AP tuning to their abilities to become more front-loaded than back-loaded, unlike in BFA.
These changes combined have heavily improved Arms' offense, defense and utility, which has resulted in the specialization currently wielding one of the most powerful kits in the game.
In Patch 9.1 Arms Warrior is still looking to be one of the best melee specializations in the game for rated PvP.
Changes in Patch 9.1.5
- Impending Victory has been buffed to 40% max HP and the cooldown has been reduced to 25 seconds.
- Elysian Might's Critical Strike bonus damage has been reduced to 15%.
- Fleshcraft's absorb has been reduced to 30% of max HP and will be reduced to this value should it be higher before the start of a match.
- Merciless Bonegrinder has been buffed by 100%.
Changes in Patch 9.1
- Execute has received a 10% damage increase. This does not apply to Condemn.
- Demolition now also buffs Shattering Throw to deal an additional 500% damage to shields.
- Overpower has received a 10% damage increase.
- 4 new Covenant-specific Legendaries have been added, one for each Covenant.
- Overwatch has been removed and replaced with Warbringer.
Strengths of Arms Warriors
- Strong consistent damage and powerful burst AoE
- Decent mobility
- Powerful defensives
- Adaptable kit able to respond to almost any situation
Weaknesses of Arms Warriors
- Struggles to keep up with consistent ranged slows
- Lack of self healing
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Arms Warriors in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Arms Warrior PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Arms Warriors.
- On the Arms Warrior Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Arms Warriors, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 08 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 12 Mar. 2021: Updated for 9.0.5
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1
- 29 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Lead Cinematic Designer Revisits the Original Black Temple Trailer
- World of Warcraft on Game Pass: How Would It Work?
- Potential Impact of the Microsoft Acquisition on the Future of WoW
- Blizzard on Tier Set Design in Patch 9.2
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Reportedly Leaving the Company After Microsoft Acquisition is Complete
- Microsoft + Activision Blizzard Acquistion Memes and Funny Images
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3, Patch 2.5.3 Notes
- An Excerpt from Bobby Kotick's Email to Staff