FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Assassination Rogue PvP

Guest John

I feel like you should change your kidney burst rotation from cheap first then get combo points into kidney. That drs kidney, which, you don’t really want. You should start with the kidney then dr the cheap. 

EDIT (7/4)
2: (PvP Talents) The description for Maneuverability says that you can replace Honor Among Thieves with it, but nowhere in the PvP Talents section does it say anything about Honor Among thieves. Every other talent further down the list says you can replace Maneuverability with those talents.
The implied build is Smoke Bomb + System Shock + maneuverability (or Mind-Numbing Poison, or Creeping Venom)

1: Talent cheat sheet at the top of the talents section has the wrong talent marked for tier  3.
2: (PvP Talents) The description for honor among thieves and why you should use it is just flat-out wrong.
3: Worth noting that if you inspect a rogue, the part of the shiv tooltip that says it applies all of your poisons is missing. Since honor among thieves only works if your teammate(s) gets offensive crits, it's nowhere near as good in 2s with a healer as it could be, so shiv is probably a way better option.

Edited by ximacintoshix

Guest Opener

Pretty new to rogue but i really don't understand the opener in the guide, use marked for death and then garrote, mutilate and cheap shot before a finisher.. doesn't that just completely waste the free CP from marked for death since the garrote and cheap shot would get you 5 CP anyway?

Guest Sicarius
  1. Use Marked for Death IconMarked for Death.
  2. Use Garrote IconGarrote.
  3. Use Mutilate IconMutilate if you do not have 5 Combo Points.
  4. Use Cheap Shot IconCheap Shot.
  5. Use Rupture IconRupture.
  6. Use Mutilate IconMutilate until you have 5 Combo Points.
  7. Use Envenom IconEnvenom.

This opener is stupid. Why MFD then garrote? thats a CP waste. If MFD is chosen talent, it should me MFD > Kidney > Mutilate > Garrote > Rupture > mut until 5 CP, envenom.

If MFD is not chosen; Cheap Shot > Garrote > Mutilate > Toxic Blade > kidney, refresh dots as needed.

Also enchants need to be updated. Should be Force Multiplier on MH and Versatile Navigation on OH. Haste around 20%, then focus Mastery/Versatility.

Guest lunah
21 hours ago, Guest rick said:

is this dated?? What about ambush and slice and dice 

yes, this post is from 2019

7 hours ago, Guest lunah said:

yes, this post is from 2019

Hi! I mention Slice and Dice multiple times during the rotations. Overall, you want to maintain the buff to increase your sustained damage. If you are having to be defensive and can't generate Combo Points often, just make sure that you put it up before you Vendetta during your burst rotation. I did updated the opener rotation to include Ambush because it does generate 2 Combo Points and helps you do more damage in the opener. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please let me know!

On 12/15/2020 at 3:10 PM, Guest rick said:

is this dated?? What about ambush and slice and dice 

Hi, like I said below, I mention Slice and Dice multiple times during the rotations. Overall, you want to maintain the buff to increase your sustained damage. If you are having to be defensive and can't generate Combo Points often, just make sure that you put it up before you Vendetta during your burst rotation. I did updated the opener rotation to include Ambush because it does generate 2 Combo Points and helps you do more damage in the opener. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Guest Vincezo

The linked trinkets are inncorect neither the badge or the meddalion grant haste on use. the ones that you buy with conquest have crit passive and there procs grant agilty. the only ones that grant haste are the ones you buy with honor and i dont think a 197 trinket can beat a 213 if you have the right rating

On 3/4/2021 at 6:43 PM, Guest Vincezo said:

The linked trinkets are inncorect neither the badge or the meddalion grant haste on use. the ones that you buy with conquest have crit passive and there procs grant agilty. the only ones that grant haste are the ones you buy with honor and i dont think a 197 trinket can beat a 213 if you have the right rating

Hi, thank you for pointing that out! I have overhauled the gearing section, you should see updates to the Covenants page and Gearing page soon!

Guest FunnyGuy

Hey, just noticed an error in this article. Mark of the Master Assassin only lasted 1.4 seconds in arenas/BGs, not 2.4. 

It lasts 2.4 seconds in WORLD PvP, but not in arenas/BGs. Blizzard didn't seem to mention that it would be nerfed to 1.4 seconds in arenas/BGs, but that's what the tooltip says and I've tested the duration, it's definitely only 1.4 seconds. 

Hey !
It does last 2.4s in arena. I have not done any BG thus far so I can't tell, but I have video evidence (from both today and the off-season week) of it lasting the whole 2.4s in arena, just as it should be since it's nerfed by only 40%. However you're not the first person I see claim this, so it might be bugged in BGs somehow or an addon causes some players to have a tooltip bug.
It is definitely 2.4s in arenas though, I can assure you !

Guest brace enchantment

good guide, but the brace enchant shows a boot enchant, might wanna fix that 🙂