Assassination Rogue PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.2)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Rogue PvP guide.
Assassination Rogues in the Current Meta
Assassination Rogues have high consistent damage thanks to their bleeds as well as powerful burst damage with Vendetta. They also have an extremely potent healing reduction effect on a short cooldown with the Hemotoxin Honor Talent, making their setups even more lethal. They provide less control than other Rogue specializations but their damage and their silence effect, Garrote, make up for it.
Strengths of Assassination Rogues
- Great burst
- Good sustained damage
- Decent control
- Excellent utility
Weaknesses of Assassination Rogues
- No defensive abilities when stunned
- Long cooldown on defensive abilities
- Reliant on teammates to stay alive
- Predictable burst damage
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Assassination Rogue PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Assassination Rogue PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Assassination Rogue PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Assassination Rogue PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Assassination Rogue PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Assassination Rogues in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Assassination Rogue PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Assassination Rogues.
- On the Assassination Rogue Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Assassination Rogues, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 01 Jul. 2022: Added small changes.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 21 Jul. 2021: Added small changes.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 06 Apr. 2021: Rewritten by Shadenox and further updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 10 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed old Azerite mentions and updated gear page.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Black Empire Map Exploration in Dragonflight
- Very Useful Interact Button Tip
- Aiding the Accord Weekly Quest Progress Carries Over from Previous Week
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Week #2
- An Overview of Mount Rewards in Dragonflight Season 1
- Vault of the Incarnates Death Knight Tier Set and Set Bonuses
- Torghast in Dragonflight: Easy Achievements & Mounts
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Massive Class Tuning