FORUMS
Valks

Havoc Demon Hunter PvP

Guest Ilummini

This Guide needs a complete review. In the 2v2 Arena part you talk about taking Chaos Blades -  a talent that doesnt even exist anymore. Blur is mentioned to have a 2 Min CD, but it's actually 1 min. Idk if its just me but after I stopped following this Guides suggestions (for things that still exist) i performed better.

On 3/6/2019 at 2:19 PM, Guest Ilummini said:

This Guide needs a complete review. In the 2v2 Arena part you talk about taking Chaos Blades -  a talent that doesnt even exist anymore. Blur is mentioned to have a 2 Min CD, but it's actually 1 min. Idk if its just me but after I stopped following this Guides suggestions (for things that still exist) i performed better.

I'll get Mysticall to fix those 2 points, thanks!

Guest Aiden_Thorne

There's generally just a lot of errors in the guide that seem small, but the combination is pretty misleading. It's probably worth proofreading the entirety of the guide.

For example, directly insists Fel Eruption is the best talent in the tier, but then has the opening move suggest a snare that only exists from a talent you were told not to take.

1. Use Throw Glaive Icon Throw Glaive to slow the enemy and close the gap between you and the target.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:39 PM, Guest Aiden_Thorne said:

There's generally just a lot of errors in the guide that seem small, but the combination is pretty misleading. It's probably worth proofreading the entirety of the guide.

For example, directly insists Fel Eruption is the best talent in the tier, but then has the opening move suggest a snare that only exists from a talent you were told not to take.

1. Use Throw Glaive Icon Throw Glaive to slow the enemy and close the gap between you and the target.

Passing this on to Mys, thanks!

Guest Veggiemite

Still a lot of conflicting information.  Guide says it was updated mere days ago, but then it has things like telling  you to ONLY spec demonic and then other parts of the guide say make sure to do fel rush to proc momentum. 
Completely inconsistent, hard to navigate, I think I'm probably better off just making my own build

Guest Zaxxis

This guide really needs updating...

1) Talents:

Tier one: we NEVER use blind fury in pvp and felblade is not the best choice in this tier. We take felblade (together with Demon Blades) when we're up against mobile opponents. Otherwise, we take Demonic Appetite ( which, according to this guide, is never taken...)

2) Essences:

Concentrated Flame is not the best major essence... Breath of the dying is, especially since a lot of people are running tentacle corruptions, we can OS a tentacle with Breath of the Dying and trigger the effect that causes the next one to deal 100% increased damage and get its cooldown reduced to 5 seconds.

This guide is still stuck on 2 minor essences somehow :-) And Condensed life force is one of the minors we'll always be using, but here its not even suggested.

3) Azerite traits : remove Furious Gaze from this pvp guide and leave it where it belongs: in PvE :-) Against decent players, most of our eye beams will be interrupted and thus rendering this trait useless.

Corruption sections needs updating as well. Infinite stars and twisted appendages lost a lot of their value since the recent nerf in PvP. Gushing wounds is by far the best damage corruption (+ the unique corruption from Ra-den weapons of course).

Cheers

Guest pretzel

the burst guide needs an update, it still has azerite traits in it.

On 1/1/2021 at 1:32 PM, Guest pretzel said:

the burst guide needs an update, it still has azerite traits in it.

Removed the azerite trait, everything else should be up to date! Thank you!

Guest Cerealkila

It’s time to find a new guide writer. Every guide he writes is copy and paste whether the information is correct or not, no updates to the actual information that matters but who needs to know the actual current information on talents and covenants. Things like this is why your websites reputation tanked.

Guest Kash

You need a new guide or a new writer, recommending talents that haven't been in the  game for 6 months.

Guest Jea

Wondering if this guide will be updated anytime soon? Goto covenant has changed along with legendary. Rotation, talents. It needs some love. 

Guest Joe

Constructive Criticism time - not the best player btw:

Talents first - So, the first row would really just recommend Felblade as you will be getting cc'd off of eye beam. Second through Fifth Row is pretty good I'd say, all recommendations here seem correct. Six is fine, another stun is very good, however the mention of Mana Rift needs to be removed. Seven is correct. No problems with PvP talents as far as I am aware.

Rotation doesn't take into account the Immolation aura for Unbound Chaos - dmg buff on Dash is huge

For Covenants, people are running Necro now for the sweet sweet dmg buff off of demons, Fleshcraft for health, and everything else that Necro offers. 

Seeing a lot of Burning Wound for Legos

Lol on the best races, but it's fair I guess, keep guides consistent 

Arena Comps are fine, just get rid of Mana Rift

On 6/11/2022 at 9:18 AM, Ninjaman195 said:

Why not use two of the Gladiator's Splitter for the weapon since it's not unique-equipped? The warglaive seems worse.

Thank you for pointing this out! Updated guide to have best weapons as being Cosmic Gladiator's Gladius!

I am (once again) confused, as the guide says to use Throw glaive as an opener and gap closer, but... At least in the opener's sake, you've had us talent so it becomes a spender and now costs 25 fury. Since you didn't talent us in the immolation aura buff that generates fury on the fly, I am having to start combat before I can throw a glaive. In my opinion, it makes fodder to the flame feel clunky as well. It makes me think that throwing 2 glaives for 25 fury is intended for Mythic+ and PvE targets that take longer to die and generate you more consistent fury. I could also be misunderstanding so somebody help me understand.

Guest Falkaran
On 12/25/2022 at 12:45 PM, Avuri said:

I am (once again) confused, as the guide says to use Throw glaive as an opener and gap closer, but... At least in the opener's sake, you've had us talent so it becomes a spender and now costs 25 fury. Since you didn't talent us in the immolation aura buff that generates fury on the fly, I am having to start combat before I can throw a glaive. In my opinion, it makes fodder to the flame feel clunky as well. It makes me think that throwing 2 glaives for 25 fury is intended for Mythic+ and PvE targets that take longer to die and generate you more consistent fury. I could also be misunderstanding so somebody help me understand.

I'm also confused on how I'm supposed to open with 2 glaive throws with no fury...

Generally you can't throw glaives on the first target.

I only PVP but after you build fury, then cast it.  If you need fury for glaives, you can throw out a sigil of flame, Which I normally do first followed by throw glaives.

You can also start off with Fel Blade - Throw glaives.

Edited by gsxrChris
Added

On 12/28/2022 at 1:24 PM, gsxrChris said:

Generally you can't throw glaives on the first target.

I only PVP but after you build fury, then cast it.  If you need fury for glaives, you can throw out a sigil of flame, Which I normally do first followed by throw glaives.

You can also start off with Fel Blade - Throw glaives.

Aside from your Sigil of flame idea (Although it would need to generate 20 more fury for the second glaive), your other methods include going into melee range to generate fury so that you can use what the guide says is your opener ability. Maybe if you pop immolation aura and then sigil you can get both charges of throw glaive off. Still feels clunky to me.