Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
Havoc Demon Hunters in the Current Meta
Havoc Demon Hunters are the most feared class in the game. They not only have strong crowd control in the form of stuns and kicks, but they also have the strongest offensive cooldown in the game, Metamorphosis; on a relatively short cooldown, you can easily swap to an enemy without a trinket and kill them in a stun.
Havoc Demon Hunters Strengths
- Great mobility
- Strong burst and sustained damage
- Multiple utility spells
Havoc Demon Hunters Weaknesses
- Weak against teams with multiple stuns
- Predictable burst damage
- Very little team composition diversity
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (burst damage, sustained damage, surviving, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Azerite Traits and Essences page, you will find advice on choosing the best essence powers and the best Azerite Traits.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets and Azerite gear.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their Racials benefit you.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Havoc Demon Hunters.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Havoc Demon Hunters, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Shadowlands Is Less than 24 Hours Away
- Your Last Chance to Claim Uncorrupted Voidwing!
- The Bag Guy Music Video and Memes
- Everything We Know About Flying in the Shadowlands So Far
- Healer Spec Shadowlands Outlook and Pre-patch Rankings
- Insane Paladin Justicar's Vengeance One-Shot Combo
- 50 to 60 Fast: DesMephisto's Shadowlands Leveling Guide Completed
- Tank Spec Shadowlands Outlook and Pre-patch Rankings