Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.1.5)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
Havoc Demon Hunters in the Current Meta
Havoc Demon Hunters are the most feared class in the game. They not only have strong crowd control in the form of stuns and kicks, but they also have the strongest offensive cooldown in the game, Metamorphosis; on a relatively short cooldown, you can easily swap to an enemy without a trinket and kill them in a stun.
Havoc Demon Hunters Strengths
- Great mobility
- Strong burst and sustained damage
- Multiple utility spells
Havoc Demon Hunters Weaknesses
- Weak against teams with multiple stuns
- Predictable burst damage
- Very little team composition diversity
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (burst damage, sustained damage, surviving, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their Racials benefit you.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Havoc Demon Hunters.
- On the Havoc Demon Hunter Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Havoc Demon Hunters, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.1.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.2.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- The Great Mythic+ Challenge: From Zero to Hero
- 9.1.5 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 8 and 9
- Molten Core SoM Hardcore Raid: Magmadar and Garr
- A Preview of the Unranked Mail PvP Set in Patch 9.2
- What Would Bring You Back to the Game?
- Player with Honor Level 2529 in World of Warcraft
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 4th
- The State of Burning Crusade Classic Server Populations