FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Retribution Paladin PvP

Guest MrZinz

Hi and ty for the guide!

Was wondering about the legendarys where you in the retribution guide, writen on Nov 22, stated that "Final Verdict should really not be chosen for any situation" and that "the proc rate is abysmal and when it procsc effect is minimal" and you tell us to use "the Mad Paragon" where as it the guide writen on nov 30 you write that Final Verdict is the best legendary for Retribution.

I have not seen any changes to the legendary and am wondering which guide to heed and why youve changed legendarie recomendations?

6 hours ago, Guest MrZinz said:

Hi and ty for the guide!

Was wondering about the legendarys where you in the retribution guide, writen on Nov 22, stated that "Final Verdict should really not be chosen for any situation" and that "the proc rate is abysmal and when it procsc effect is minimal" and you tell us to use "the Mad Paragon" where as it the guide writen on nov 30 you write that Final Verdict is the best legendary for Retribution.

I have not seen any changes to the legendary and am wondering which guide to heed and why youve changed legendarie recomendations?

Hi! I'm not sure where it said that you shouldn't pick Final Verdict, but for PvP you should absolutely be playing Final Verdict. It is absolutely the best legendary for increasing your overall damage. Uther's Devotion is also a really good legendary as well. Sorry if there was some confusion!

Guest Uther'S Devotion

You forgot something about the legendary Uther'S Devotion, it also reduce your Blessing of Freedom cooldown and it's totally insane, expecially with the pvp talent Unbound Freedom.

You can get Blessing of Freedom with a very little cooldown, resulting in a very mobile paladin.

It's also very strong in 2v2 when playing with a caster or another low mobility melee class.

1 hour ago, Guest Uther'S Devotion said:

You forgot something about the legendary Uther'S Devotion, it also reduce your Blessing of Freedom cooldown and it's totally insane, expecially with the pvp talent Unbound Freedom.

You can get Blessing of Freedom with a very little cooldown, resulting in a very mobile paladin.

It's also very strong in 2v2 when playing with a caster or another low mobility melee class.

Absolutely! Uther's Devotion is definitely the best legendary if you want to sacrifice some of your damage for more utility/mobility. This, in combination with Unbound Freedom, is great versus teams with Frost Mages so you will not be rooted/slowed as often. It's also useful for when your teammate has very little mobility (maybe if you are playing with a DK or Warrior)

Hail and well met traveler. With the removal of GBOK and GBOW what changes should be made pre match in section 2.3?

Edited by drags

On 12/15/2020 at 3:59 PM, drags said:

Hail and well met traveler. With the removal of GBOK and GBOW what changes should be made pre match in section 2.3?

Hi! Removed GBOK and GBOW from that section!

Guest Vampala

Does Final Verdict synergise with Ashen Hollow's Hammer of Wrath damage buff?

Guest Vampala
16 hours ago, Mysticall said:

It sure does!

That's awesome. Looking forward for future patches to wear both FV and Mad Paragon.

Guest Noob paladin

Any thoughts on whether to put final verdict on chest or back? wondering which slot i should use for legendary piece

22 hours ago, Guest Noob paladin said:

Any thoughts on whether to put final verdict on chest or back? wondering which slot i should use for legendary piece

Hi! You should definitely put it on your Helm. Your stat priority is Haste/Vers and there is a Haste/Vers chest that you can buy from the conquest vendor. However, you can't buy a Haste/Vers helm from the vendor. I hope this helps!

Guest PvP Burst Rotation

After a long break from WoW, I came back for shadowlands and picked up Paladin (and MW monk, thanks Mysticall for all the help there!) so I'm a bit of a noob. But in the pvp burst rotation, I'm wondering why crusader strikes are in there, generating HP doesn't seem all that necessary w/ Divine Toll, HoWs and Wake of Ashes... I'm playing seraphim and final reckoning so I think my opener+burst should be something like this, but would love feedback:

- Judgment to get lawbringer up
- BoJ to generate 2 holy power. (3 total now)
- HoJ on healer/target
- Avenging Wrath + Seraphim + PvP trinket (ferocity)
- Final Reckoning (get that +holy dmg buff)
- Hammer of Wrath (and use on CD as priority above anything below)
- Divine Toll (generates 1-3 holy power, use judgement if need 1 more before TV)
- Templars Verdict (use that holy power on a big hit)
- Wake of Ashes (big dmg and +3 HP, this wasn't in the burst rotation, why?)
- Templars Verdict

...then to sustained dmg rotation

Thanks for all the help! 

On 1/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, Guest PvP Burst Rotation said:

After a long break from WoW, I came back for shadowlands and picked up Paladin (and MW monk, thanks Mysticall for all the help there!) so I'm a bit of a noob. But in the pvp burst rotation, I'm wondering why crusader strikes are in there, generating HP doesn't seem all that necessary w/ Divine Toll, HoWs and Wake of Ashes... I'm playing seraphim and final reckoning so I think my opener+burst should be something like this, but would love feedback:

- HoJ on healer/target
- Divine Toll (generates 1-3 holy power, use judgement if need 1 more before TV)
- Templars Verdict

Thanks for all the help! 

This rotation looks great! Always keep in mind that you may have to use some Holy Power on Word of Glory to heal yourself or a teammate, but for this damage rotation...it looks good!

Guest UberEatsMYA$$

this guide is really outdated. talents are wrong now, and it changes the burst, open is kind of up to you.

id look up recent videos

On 2/15/2021 at 3:52 PM, Guest UberEatsMYA$$ said:

this guide is really outdated. talents are wrong now, and it changes the burst, open is kind of up to you.

id look up recent videos

Hi! I updated the guide to have Zeal as the best talent and added Final Reckoning as a PvP talent. Everything else seemed up to date!

On 3/7/2021 at 1:01 PM, Eaglestrike777 said:

Will anything be added for people like myself who are in the venthyr faction? I don't see gear recommendation or conduit or anything.

Absolutely! I can make updates today for Venthyr!

• Thanks 1

Guest Retneedsbuffs
On 1/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, Guest PvP Burst Rotation said:

- HoJ on healer/target
- Templars Verdict

Thanks for all the help! 

Opener is judgment>boj>wings serph trink>dvt>hammer of wrath to reach 3 hp if not at 3>final reck>FV>wake>fv. Ive found most success *filtered* rushing and getting rotation off in that order as fast as I can most cases if they don’t use defensive at wings it’s gg. If u don’t get kill out the gate defensive should have been used by apposing team leaving them vulnerable for 2nd burst which is a minute after once u have 5 hp use serph>dvt>finalreck>FV>wake>FV best case u will have the aura of reckoning wings pvp talent line wings up for 2nd go. This should get u to 1600 10/10 

Guest why?

10.0 / dragonflight / updated dec 11 2022....full of SL stuff...why? just delete this page lol

On 1/9/2023 at 8:54 AM, Guest why? said:

10.0 / dragonflight / updated dec 11 2022....full of SL stuff...why? just delete this page lol

Hi! We were working on getting a Ret Pally main to update the guide, I will check and update you with when updates will be made!

Guest Antilochus

Page title says updated for 10.1 but still has obsolete content (e.g. listing Seraphim despite its removal)

Guest Quick note

Judgements of the pure automatically removes unstable affliction, worth adding in here so the other poor sods don't have to get one shot like I did