FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)

Guest Frank

I think you put the wrong pants for the season 16 recommendation... those are for Witch Doctor.

1 hour ago, Guest Frank said:

I think you put the wrong pants for the season 16 recommendation... those are for Witch Doctor.

Please make sure to read the gear section where this is explained. This is intentional:

Since you are able to remove a Wastes piece due to the reduced requirement of worn set items, it is advisable to drop the Tasset of the Wastes Tasset of the Wastes. In its place, you will ideally be slotting Swamp Land Waders Swamp Land Waders, gambled with the help of a Witch Doctor alt. Once you obtain a good roll of that legendary item, go back to your Barbarian and re-roll the natural Intelligence of the item into Strength at the Mystic. The WD-specific legendary bonus will be wasted, but the Swamp Land Waders Swamp Land Waders are also able to roll up to 20% extra Physical elemental damage as a fifth stat, making them the strongest possible DPS addition.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Guest GoryBlasphemy

I understand how that paragon points are parsed out. In the build it looks like you just listed the categories, can you explain?

[email protected]

Guest bkd
6 hours ago, Blainie said:

Please make sure to read the gear section where this is explained. This is intentional:

Hope this helps.

Aren't you better off with Hexing Pants?

Guest Kethbad

How do you even get past GR100 being so squishy ?

i feel like ring of might is a must.

Guest NeoSS

Dont know if im doing something wrong cause i die a lot on gr 80. I spam the def but cant pass over 150m toughness..  i can solo gr 95 with imortal barb build, but with this build i cant do 80's.. my toughness is really low compared to the inmortal build..  on t13 neph works really good tho.. but again.. its maybe me? doing something wrong? 

Guest Scorpion

It actually works pretty nice.

Before 2.6.4 i got stuck at GR 85 and after the buff i managed to finish 12 additional GR's.

But now im stuck at GR 98 with a paragon lvl of 930.

Is that just because i lack paragon lvl or bad rifts ? Or am i judt not skilled enough ?

Guest Build change for S16
On 1/18/2019 at 3:28 PM, Blainie said:

Hope this helps.

I would replace Swamp Land for Whale Pants and change Whale shoulders for Mantle of Channeling aka +25% dmg and dmg reduction while channeling WW.

Guest Yolo
15 hours ago, Guest Build change for S16 said:

I would replace Swamp Land for Whale Pants and change Whale shoulders for Mantle of Channeling aka +25% dmg and dmg reduction while channeling WW.

MoC is already in the cube - I would suggest to use Aquila, helping with toughness by a lot.
(or Hexing. but that others already mentioned it.)

Guest Yolo

Also would suggest to use Ground Stomp - Wrenching Smash instead of Ancient Spear - Rage Flip when running with imperfect gear. It hard procs APDs without the need of having good CC rolls. Zodiacs keeps resetting it, but eats off its precious procs, so it needs micromanagement to strike balance between stacking enemies and resetting important Wrath of the Berserker and Ignore Pain Cooldowns.

Guest ItsMonkeyKing

Can somebody explain to me why Bane of the Trapped is suggested over Taeguk. It seems to me tauguk always has the higher multiplier so I would just like somebody to clear this up for me.

Guest ItsMonkeyKing
2 hours ago, Guest ItsMonkeyKing said:

Can somebody explain to me why Bane of the Trapped is suggested over Taeguk. It seems to me tauguk always has the higher multiplier so I would just like somebody to clear this up for me.

To add to that, my build isn't exactly the same as this one. Mostly is though  Gems I am currently running  Bane of the Trapped, Taeguk, and Bane of the Stricken. Gr solo 92 so far. GEM levels 83. But if pain enhancer is good for CD procs then of like to know which I should trade it for.

newb Barb here  ?

I followed this build-guide, and I don't usually play Barb, but I'm going for the Season16, 6 different class sets, GR-55 solo Conquests: "Years of War".
I have the full 6-pc set of "Wrath of the Wastes".
Skills: Isn't this build made for "Rend" and "Whirlwind" ?. I found that using "Ancient Spear" instead of "Rend" was useless.
Gear-wise: I'm am still missing,
-"Pride of Cassius" -(belt),
-"Skull Grasp" -ring, which was nerfed recently, and, it only adds a small additive DMG to Whirwind.
-"Bul-Kathos's ..." 2-weapon set.

But, right now I'm using an Ancient 2-handed-sword "Scourge", with 4,100 DPS, Obsidian Ring, and a CoE ring, and/or Hefllfire Amulet/Rings.

Legs: level 65: Stricken, Trapped, and Bane of the Powerful

Scenario:
Paragon=690. I can complete a GR-45 (solo) in under 5 minutes, (with Rend/WW), but when I try GR-55 (solo) I'm getting 1-Hit to death ???   -and this is what I find rather odd.

Edited by rickster

On 2/20/2019 at 4:41 PM, rickster said:

newb Barb here  ?

I followed this build-guide, and I don't usually play Barb, but I'm going for the Season16, 6 different class sets, GR-55 solo Conquests: "Years of War".
I have the full 6-pc set of "Wrath of the Wastes".
Skills: Isn't this build made for "Rend" and "Whirlwind" ?. I found that using "Ancient Spear" instead of "Rend" was useless.
Gear-wise: I'm am still missing,
-"Pride of Cassius" -(belt),
-"Skull Grasp" -ring, which was nerfed recently, and, it only adds a small additive DMG to Whirwind.
-"Bul-Kathos's ..." 2-weapon set.

But, right now I'm using an Ancient 2-handed-sword "Scourge", with 4,100 DPS, Obsidian Ring, and a CoE ring, and/or Hefllfire Amulet/Rings.

Legs: level 65: Stricken, Trapped, and Bane of the Powerful

Scenario:
Paragon=690. I can complete a GR-45 (solo) in under 5 minutes, (with Rend/WW), but when I try GR-55 (solo) I'm getting 1-Hit to death ???   -and this is what I find rather odd.

Make sure you have proper Stats on your gear (e.g. enough Vitality, All resistance, Life% on belt). Socketing Diamonds in your chest and legs should make taking hits much more easy.
You should be channelling Whirlwind most of the time. (And NEVER being out of chanelling for more than 3 sec.)
Ancient Spear is kept in the bucket for density-making in high GRs, not really neccessary for a level 55 rift. If you have Band of Might in your cube, change to ground stomp - Wrenching smash for a huge spike in toughness. 
The Whirlwind ring is a great deal in terms of damage. (a 5x multiplier at max roll).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yolo said:

You should be channelling Whirlwind most of the time. (And NEVER being out of chanelling for more than 3 sec.)
Ancient Spear is kept in the bucket for density-making in high GRs, not really neccessary for a level 55 rift.

I really liked WW Barb, it reminds a bit of the Tempest Rush Monk. ?

Anyway, thanks for the advice, but while I was grinding away doing low GR's with this WW build, I picked up enough pieces for the below 2 set builds, and did +55 solo easy peezy.
-Charge Build With Raekor and Immortal King
-Seismic Build with Might of the Earth, and Immortal King

Edited by rickster

I've been somewhat stuck at Solo 95 GR. I've augmented half my gear. Gems are level 90. I'm using hellfire amulet and band of might cause I just find it is way to squishy to use convention of elements. I have 3 Primal items andpretty well all my gear has probably rolled stats. Sitting currently at 900 paragon. 

I've been going for this build and I have most of the items, however I'm using "Endless Walk" set(Ring/Amulet) for the 50% damage reduction and if there's a wall that I can WW into to stand still for the higher damage against high health enemies. I have a few Mara's Kaleidoscopes and Eye of Etlich but none with any particularly good rolls, so I've got some questions.

So I'm currently using Convention of Elements with socket, crit chance, crit damage, STR and 200% element damage roll. I've got a Obsidian ring of the Zodiac with 8% CDR, 5,5 CC and 5% AS which I'm going to try enchant into 7% AS, so both is pretty good rolled. However without a really good neck I don't see can't bring myself from unequipping the "Endless Walk" set, with it and all the other damage reduction and all CDs used I've got around half a billion Toughness, I just checked what I could get if I changed all STR gems to Allres and paragon points to vit, over 800 million. ? Without the EW set bonus I only get half. Anyway, how do you acquire the plans for Hellfire Amulet?

Also how high chance for stunning an enemy should you have for using APD? I'm currently using Warzechian Armguards for the speed boost.

Last question, why isn't the Volcanic Eruption rune being used? it seems to me that the damage increase would be pretty wild even though it's just 340%-400%, considering the damage is increased by 10,000% times 400% from Skull grasp, or how does that work? is it not 340-400% times 10,000% times 400%, is it like (340-400%+400%) times 10,000%. That the increase would only be like 740% to 800%?

One last last question. Is there any way of linking your character for people to see ones exact gear? Also I'm sorry if this isn't the place for asking for such advice and there's some other page for that.

On 3/20/2019 at 6:16 PM, Gyroscope said:

Anyway, how do you acquire the plans for Hellfire Amulet?

You'll need to buy them from the Squirt the Peddler in Act 2. They're in the main city, near the enchant NPC.

Also how high chance for stunning an enemy should you have for using APD? I'm currently using Warzechian Armguards for the speed boost.

Warze are fine for speed runs, as well as Nemesis. APD are good if you are struggling to stay alive or are trying to push with this build, but it's normally unlikely that you'll go for this for high GR pushing. It's mainly just a preference thing. 

Last question, why isn't the Volcanic Eruption rune being used? it seems to me that the damage increase would be pretty wild even though it's just 340%-400%, considering the damage is increased by 10,000% times 400% from Skull grasp, or how does that work? is it not 340-400% times 10,000% times 400%, is it like (340-400%+400%) times 10,000%. That the increase would only be like 740% to 800%?

I'll ask Deadset on this one, since it's a mess of multiplicative vs. additive damage types.

I actually asked about rend vs ancient spear in the reddit community chat just a min ago. It was pointed out to me that the AS recommendation is meant for strongarm bracers (30% dmg increase against enemies that are affected by knockback)

If you're following the s16 build, wearing ancient parthan defenders and using mantle of channeling in the cube, rend/mutilate is better.

The usual minor notes:

1) For Bracers and Amulet "Lightning or Physical Damage" is suggested: is Lightning a typo? I don't see why it should be needed...

2) In the Gems section there is written "Bane of the Powerful (alt Torments)". What does "alt Torments" means? "Alternative for non-GR content"? And, if that's the case, alternative to which of the other gems? Taeguk (as suggested by the order in which it is written) or Bane of the Stricken (as suggested in the Speed Farm page)?

3) For the speed farm variation, "Elemental Damage" is suggested for Bracers and Amulet: maybe tou should explicit which element, as you did in all other guides?

4) Which is the suggested Follower for his build? And the suggested Potion?