FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Blessed Hammer Crusader

Guest Atom_Alchemist

I'm having issues with this build and survivability, i'm pushing grift 75, and even with the life from prphet and indestructable, and the 50% damage reduction from falling sword, mobs can still instantly gib me. Any idues?

Guest spoorhook

Hi, I have the same issue as Atom_Alchemist. I lack survivability like tons, just running around kiting one arrow hits from somewhere boom it s half life. If a rift layout is bad it s horrible to play. Even swapped bane of the stricken for esoteric alteration for extra survivability. How would you run this build at higher grifts?

Guest ThorPrime
On 1/19/2019 at 4:38 PM, Guest Atom_Alchemist said:

I'm having issues with this build and survivability, i'm pushing grift 75, and even with the life from prphet and indestructable, and the 50% damage reduction from falling sword, mobs can still instantly gib me. Any idues?

AQUILA CUIRASS in the cube and wear the hammer jammers? Not sur ehow easy it would be to keep resources above 90%, but it might be viable. 

Yeah, I'm finding this build to be pretty squishy (which seems weird for a crusader) in anything over about GR 62 solo, and groups can be even harder. Speed farm is decent for groups since speed buff shares but for solo or bounties Steed build is more ideal up to around T12. I keep thinking I'm missing something or the gear is not aligned quite right but I have have the gear though only one ancient.

I'm going to try the pantheon defenders instead of the strong arm bracers to see that increases survivability. Stray range attacks are the real problem though.

Guest Deadward
On 1/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, Guest Atom_Alchemist said:

I was having that issues but I swapped all my rubies for diamonds in my gear and it helped a lot. I am paragon 500, not great gear. Run GR75 in 7 minutes and that is with 0 to 5 deaths depending on a bad rift. But I agree. It seems like an extreme glass cannon. 

If you have all items and cubed stuff from build, you should be able to take it 90s with avarage gear. I personally have played this build when it first came out and gear is leveled acordingly.

First, it uses holy cause over blunt because of healing and damage isnt deffinetly the issue with build.

Second, forget about face tanking, when you see a pack of mobs 6+ use falling sword to tie then to place and get 6+ x 60%damage bonus from faithful memory and 400% jammers. With large packs, 10x bonus is just murder. Remember to move out from all area effects and watch out for spear men and succubi.

Third, manage resource all times. After falling sword drop over mobs you should pop provoke and hammer away. Provoke cd should be available at next jump.

This build is slow moving mega damage tactical build. Might be most glassy build for crusader but with good play style still durable enough. Akkarat champion and iron skin are there to situational use. It takes some practise to get into, but is my personal favourite (with thorns build)

I have been boosting my friend who plays support ww barb to gr 110, that tells something about damage.

If someone wants to see this in action giwe me pm.

Wanted to say this is an Awesome build so far with this build I'm able to solo GR 112...Even with all the items and my CDR is at 56% I'm still having trouble keeping up Akarat's Champion up full time..... if you have any tips that can help me let me know Thanks

Guest Gage Orvis

I had the same problem with this set (dying way too much) but I found a great solution. There is a relic you can give your Templar that makes him unable to die. You can take advantage of this by equipping one of his ring slots with unity and replace your convention of elements with unity. essentially you cut the incoming damage in half. Because the unity rings secondary ability is that enemy damage is split between the ring bearers and the Templar cannot take damage. Your damage is not even reduced very much by this because the dps of this build is incredible. 

Guest Cheve

Back to D3 after two years, again crusader and again this build (played a bit with necro before leaving game). I started on friday and just did GR89 in 11 mins with not much good gear.

Last time I finished on #2 on Xbox crusader, I'll try get #1 this time ?

Thnx for the great web!

Is there a reason why "Blessed Hammer %" is not a stat priority for Guard of Johanna in the speedfarming variation page?

Guest Adding Crimson set?

1. I believe you can do away with Sacred Harness and replace it with Crimson belt. 

2. Also, you can replace either the pants or the boots with Crimson. 

3. What you are going after is about 60~60% CDR without Crimson set on. Once you have 2 set Crimson + 5 set Seeker set, you can turn on the RoRG in Kanai. Then, with Crimson 3 set bonus, you are around 69% CDR. (You will need CDR from basically every gear you have.)

4. The reason you don't need to worry about resource reduction is that, once you have the Long Arm of the law passive, then with Unstoppable force rune on Law of Valor, you have a permanent 60+% resource reduction, which means you get another 60+% damage reduction. (You do need to activate the law at every cooldown.)

5. And this is with another 60+% damage bonus from Crimson. (It was 69% in my case.)

6. The trade off is, you need to apply Judgement manually. And you need to switch off the ring. With the necessity to apply the law (=extra survivability) things can get a bit hectic sometimes. 

I'd think it's well worth trading CoE for this set. What do you think?

Guest Voltrael

Season 20 lets you mix up Kanai's Cube types. This build doesn't do that. Was this taken into account when designing this build?

13 hours ago, Guest Voltrael said:

Season 20 lets you mix up Kanai's Cube types. This build doesn't do that. Was this taken into account when designing this build?

Exactly what would you change in it? 

A lot of builds does not do that, simply because the items themselves are not designed around this system. 

Guest Speedtouch

As far as I can see Johanna's Argument doesn't increase blessed hammer damage. What's up with that?

11 hours ago, Guest Speedtouch said:

As far as I can see Johanna's Argument doesn't increase blessed hammer damage. What's up with that?

It's unique property should increase the attack speed and the damage of BH. 

Guest Speedtouch

But I'm looking right now and it doesn't do that. Look at the game. May be they've changed it.

Guest Speedtouch

I've found the problem. In spanish the description of the property says "Incrementa la velocidad de ataque del martillo bendecido un %100" and in english it says "Increase the atack speed AND damage of blessed hammer by %100". That's a bad translation, it changes the meaning of the property. I think that the original must be in english so it must increase speed and damage.

Guest llVIU

You're wrong about one thing. You suggest to use Sacred Harness which, at your landing spot after falling sword, enemies inside the circle deal 40% less damage.

But if you use ''Blessed of Haull'' belt, you can

-point where your hammers go, giving you a large gap from the danger

-get 15% movement boost from from ''justice'' skill

-get a permanent 50% damage reduction from ''Aquilla Curiass''

-free up the slot on wrists with more dmg bonus or reduction from ''ancient parthan defenders'' or ''strongarm bracers'' (not sure if it works as knockback''

-permanent max wrath

at the expense of a conversion of elements ring which gives you 50% damage boost (200% divided by 4 elements)

Guest llVIU

I take that back, zodiac only applies to skills that consume resource and since justice doesn't consume any, the cooldown for steed charge (horse )and akarat champion are much longer. Using shield glare and provoke (on fear) will get the resource going as well as travel speed and survivability, it seems a bit better.

For anyone reading, I suggest trying both versions with different items and note that there's 3 weapons to use, faithful memory, johan argument and cam rebuttal. With season 20 you can get all 3 meaning you can stack 10 times the bonus of 80% dmg from faithful memory

I got to max solo rift 90

Guest JRBJ72

Am I not understanding something...FALLING SWORD & AKARAT'S CHAMPION are both in the same section thus you cant use both skills at same time????????

Just now, Guest JRBJ72 said:

Am I not understanding something...FALLING SWORD & AKARAT'S CHAMPION are both in the same section thus you cant use both skills at same time????????

There is an option called Elective Mode for skills, found by going to Options > Gameplay.  This allows you to equip (almost) any ability on any action slot (1, 2, 3, 4, LMB, and RMB) so long as it is not mutually exclusive with other skills (think: Monk Mantras, which are explicitly 1 active).