FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Sentry Demon Hunter

Guest Debby

Hello,

I really liked your guide but I had one question (bit new to the game, so yeah). Isnt cluster arrow a skill under the archery line ? How can you have it under de secondary line then ?? Bit confused by it, but maybe I just read over the explanation. 

Guest RavagerAffinity
15 hours ago, Guest Debby said:

Hello,

I really liked your guide but I had one question (bit new to the game, so yeah). Isnt cluster arrow a skill under the archery line ? How can you have it under de secondary line then ?? Bit confused by it, but maybe I just read over the explanation. 

Activate “elective mode” it will allow you to customize your skills more

Guest Debby
6 hours ago, Guest RavagerAffinity said:

Activate “elective mode” it will allow you to customize your skills more

Ahh never heard of that before, but looked it up and sounds really cool. Thank you !!

Guest Bob

On the intro page, some of the gear does not line up with the "best in slot" on the gear page.  Is this intentional?

E.g. on intro, Helm is given as "Marauder's Visage" where as on the gear page,  "Natalya's Sight" is listed as best in slot.  This is repeated on gloves

Guest asdf

So, for the N6M4 build.  Should I be running Cluster Arrow(Loaded for Bear) Fire with Cindercoat OR Cluster Arrow/Maelstrom with Frostburn?

Which Skill Rune do you guys use for Companion?

Edit: ah! never mind! Due to the Marauder set 2-piece bonus, you will gain all the runes

Edited by Savathar
  • Sad 1

On 1/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, Guest asdf said:

So, for the N6M4 build.  Should I be running Cluster Arrow(Loaded for Bear) Fire with Cindercoat OR Cluster Arrow/Maelstrom with Frostburn?

Yes. ;)

It mostly depends on which you prefer. I feel like the Cold route is easier if you're just getting into it and developing your skill and gear. This is due to the crowd control of the 50% freeze chance on Frostburn and your sentries firing cold. I went the full cold route  with less than two hundred paragon and an incomplete build (was missing the bracers; used Nemesis)  and was able to roflstomp t13 and solo 70 in under 4 minutes first attempt. That was with only two ancients (neither of which was a weapon) and my gems were in the rank 30 range. That let me roll paragon levels like crazy at 15-25 per GR. Now I've got mostly ancients, no augmenting, and can solo 93 in 7-8m. I figure a bit of tweaking on gear and some augments and I should be able to easily push upper 90s. Still under 800 paragon but for solo it is still moving along decently. I'm still running the Nems, though I have the Wraps of Clarity. I did run wraps for a bit to push out my toughness. I mostly just forget I had Nems on when running w/friends and keep forgetting to swap. :D

• Thanks 1

The gemming page explains the turrets to be Pets, thus benefiting from the Enforcer leg.gem.

Does this mean that cubing a Tasker and Theo would give another 50% multiplicative boost (as explained on the helltooth-gargantuan gear page), a much larger boost than the 20% increased cold damage afforded by the Frostburns?

EDIT: Doh! Attack speed 50% multiplicative. M4 bonus - sentries attack when you do implies no boost in this build. Ignore my ignorance please.

Edited by PsychoMcCrazy
Found out answer.
  • Confused 1

Just a question regarding set bonuses. Do you always show all set bonuses highlighted because I notice "Marauder's" set bonus shows all bonuses but with only 3 items equipped (plus one for Grandeur ring (season 16) which makes four items) so why is it showing all set bonuses; a bit misleading for newcomers isn't it?

18 hours ago, adelphiaUK said:

Just a question regarding set bonuses. Do you always show all set bonuses highlighted because I notice "Marauder's" set bonus shows all bonuses but with only 3 items equipped (plus one for Grandeur ring (season 16) which makes four items) so why is it showing all set bonuses; a bit misleading for newcomers isn't it?

Do you mean on the tooltips? If so, yes, that is just a part of the tooltips, we don't control the information they provide, unfortunately. 

Guest Slipknot

Hi thanks for the guide here.. But what if you run the fire variant, what skills should be used then? And is Physical a no-go? 

Guest Yolo
6 hours ago, Guest Slipknot said:

Hi thanks for the guide here.. But what if you run the fire variant, what skills should be used then? And is Physical a no-go? 

With fire variant, you should exchange your rune of the CA to Loaded for Bear (increasing the damage of the first impact by great deal), your Ballistics passive to Single out (Helping with RG kill mainly) and your cube from Frostburn to Cindercoat, reducing cost of fire skills for more CA spam. (from the guide)

You can also roll Magefist in the Cube for 20% multiplicative increase in CA damage, but you must weave in more generator for the increased hatred cost.
The problem with physical that there are no armor legendaries support it in the cube, thus losing damage in turn. However, you can have Pride's Fall, reducing resource costs as long as you do not get hit, which is an unlikely situation in high GRs, or reducing your damage intake with Aquila, which needs appropriate resource management. TL;DR: you can have Physical, but it's clunky and you should inevitably progress to either Cold or Fire build.

Guest Hello
15 hours ago, Guest Yolo said:

With fire variant, you should exchange your rune of the CA to Loaded for Bear (increasing the damage of the first impact by great deal), your Ballistics passive to Single out (Helping with RG kill mainly) and your cube from Frostburn to Cindercoat, reducing cost of fire skills for more CA spam. (from the guide)

You can also roll Magefist in the Cube for 20% multiplicative increase in CA damage, but you must weave in more generator for the increased hatred cost.
The problem with physical that there are no armor legendaries support it in the cube, thus losing damage in turn. However, you can have Pride's Fall, reducing resource costs as long as you do not get hit, which is an unlikely situation in high GRs, or reducing your damage intake with Aquila, which needs appropriate resource management. TL;DR: you can have Physical, but it's clunky and you should inevitably progress to either Cold or Fire build.

The armor cube slot can be taken by The Cloak of Garwulf, if opting for the physical variant (Shooting Stars).

On 2/4/2019 at 2:57 PM, Blainie said:

Do you mean on the tooltips? If so, yes, that is just a part of the tooltips, we don't control the information they provide, unfortunately. 

Thanks for the info!

Guest ItsBish
On 1/17/2019 at 3:59 PM, Blainie said:

This thread is for comments about our Sentry Demon Hunter build guide.

Zoeys secert does not have resist all as an obtainable stat, however you have it listed in stat priority. I found this out while trying to roll for all resist.

Guest Yolo
On 2/10/2019 at 9:47 PM, Guest ItsBish said:

Zoeys secert does not have resist all as an obtainable stat, however you have it listed in stat priority. I found this out while trying to roll for all resist.

It definitely can, as long as there is no "one element" resists rolled in the secondary stats. 

Guest Kjmacphee
On 1/17/2019 at 8:59 PM, Blainie said:

This thread is for comments about our Sentry Demon Hunter build guide.

Completely OT but, apart from the guides being incredibly useful, your flair for writing makes them a pleasure to read. 

Guest Takker

Just wondering why M6, N4 isn't better, seems with the the ability to have 5 sentry out the dmg would be way better. Sorry new to DH, just asking

On 3/6/2019 at 9:00 AM, Guest Takker said:

Just wondering why M6, N4 isn't better, seems with the the ability to have 5 sentry out the dmg would be way better. Sorry new to DH, just asking

It would make cluster arrow and companion a bit more than 4 times better. But you would lose the 60% dmg reduction, and the sentries benefit from 400% dmg inc from the 4 piece Marauders, and the 14,000% dmg inc from the 6 piece Natalya's. Which is a massive bonus. Where as sentries themselves do not benefit from the 6 piece Marauders, only Cluster Arrow and Companion does. 
So it's much worse defensively, and I'm not sure how it would shake out offensively, probably a little worse at least, the sentries are the whole reason it's the best build I think. . Also you might as well cut out natalya's and rain of vengeance at that point. But I'm only considering this for my next build, currently doing UE MS DH. So another opinion might be in order. 

On paper the skills dmg, it's; (Being sure to RoV every 8-9 seconds) sentries X 5 X 141= Sentries X 705 + Companions X 141 + Cluster Arrow X 141 + RoV X282.... With 60% dmg reduction.
Vs. (with 5 sentries out) Sentries X 5 + Companions X 601 + Cluster Arrow X 601 + RoV X 2 

It is probably pretty close until you get to the Rain of Vengeance part of the equation. Which is an awesome high base dmg skill. And the dmg reduction is a huge 60%. I was playing around on the D3 planner earlier and it showed 17 billion (max) toughness at some point with this build, however it was down to 9 Bil (max) when I put what this guide suggested for everything. The sentries being able to be your best damager is huge considering how much they hit. The multi shot Marauder could only dream of that. You'd be better off just doing M6, and losing the RoV X2 end of that equation, and doing the M cluster arrow build with Vengeance instead. 

Any easy way to make this build a speed farming build?

So far Nemesis and Gem of the Hoarder...

Edited by Savathar

Guest DariSh

The variant of fire once the season 16 is over will not be possible to build, right?

made a comment about guide, realized i was stupid, deleted comment ?

Guest Hello

Isn't Amubsh better than Single Out, considering that it is also relevant before the Rift Guardian?

Also, all of the top players using this build have chosen to cube The Cloak of Garwulf for the armor slot.