FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Generator Necromancer

17 minutes ago, Guest derPinator said:

Hi!

What stats (str, dex, int, vit) should i aim for this build?

This is covered in the gear page and has all stats to aim for on gear and paragons.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:59 PM, Bubble181 said:

(...)

All of this defense will come at the cost of lower damage, of course, but it'll make the build much easier to play in lower to mid GRs. A lot of the builds here tend to focus on their end-game pushing potential, which means "enough DR to survive a hit in GR120 and everything else in damage or CC". For where most people will play in seasons (Torments and GRs up to about 100) it's often more fun/easier to be slightly more robust and/or fast and less dependant on fishing for good rifts.

Hey there, and thanks for your thoughtful comments throughout the thread! You seem to be actively playing the build, which is the best place to be coming from when it comes to feedback. As you said, I can definitely understand players' frustration with losing the Kalan bonus, but the helpful bump to overall Inarius survivability should be enough for higher tier GR pushes, and allows you to squeeze in the massive DPS boost of Haunted - Krysbin - CoE in the jewelry. The loss of toughness can be too much for a decent percentage of the playerbase, which is why I included the Unity alteration, but your worn RoRG + cubed Kalan is very viable indeed. Do you find that it plays better than Unity overall?

5 hours ago, Guest derPinator said:

Hi!

Hey there, please take a look at the item tables in our Gear page! It breaks down which items to wear, why they are worn, and how they should be rolled! ? 

• Like 1

I haven't actually been able to compare to the unity variation. 

This season I'm not actually playing this build yet, though. I'm still doing something in between this and the LoD blood nova build. I described part of it on the general forum, but I'm still iterating on it. I prefer novas over grim scythe for damage, so... Basically this, but with iron rose, bloodtide blade, and scythe of the cycle. Simulacrums will happily copy blood novas from the iron rose. Doing GR90 in about 7 minutes, and without ever getting anywhere close to dying. I've actually replaced Dayntee's with Witching Hour because I had toughness to spare. I guess putting Dayntee's back in and using CoE instead of Kalan's will technically yield better results, though. The bonus damage from WH is only 15% or so and CoE translates about 35% on average for a Necro. 

Edited by Bubble181

I'm... slightly confused by the addition of the Stand Alone passive.

100% bonus armor... minus 10% per active minion. If your 2 Sims are permanent, and your 7 skeletons constantly respawn, as their passive ability, and you trigger your Mage... that's 10 minions, 0% armor.

Having an armor total that constantly bounces about due to Skeles/Sims dying seems... difficult to manage?

As all the skills are set to their Poison damage attributes, why not Rigor Mortis, that seems like it would be a more stable DR than constantly fluctuating armor.

2nd question - Why would you not Cube Kryspin's or CoE to get the Max bonus for one of those and wear the RoRG, since it doesn't have a bonus to max?

Edited by Sableflame

On 7/14/2020 at 3:15 PM, Guest derPinator said:

Hi!

Like with practically every build: 77 of the non-class skills (STR and DEX), as much VIT as you need to feel comfortable surviving (probably somewhere around 4000-5000), and everything else in your main stat (INT for necro's) - depending on gear choices, paragon levels and augments, anywhere from 9000 to infinity.

There are some exceptions (e.g. Necro builds that rely on the Stone Gauntlets and thus need armor more than resist), but you'll never go far off the mark with the above recommnedation.

The constant Skeleton sacrificing is pretty common for the playstyle, if a little cumbersome (and note that the Skeletal Mage is just one, since we're not using Nailuj's Evol ring). I can absolutely understand not wanting to constantly micromanage them though. Any Poison skill can fill that slot just fine. Death Nova Blight can be a great addition to the skill lineup. I'd rather swap an active skill than Stand Alone, honestly; it's that good of a benefit.

You can temporarily cube CoE or Krysbin to maximize their bonuses for sure (especially if you get a weaker roll early on), but generally a decent CoE won't take you long to find. The reason why RoRG is best cubed is because of its natural mainstat rolls, which are lackluster (inherent Life per Hit and Attack Speed rolls)  compared to the potential for double Crit / Area Damage or Attack Speed on the CoE and Krysbin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deadset said:

The constant Skeleton sacrificing is pretty common for the playstyle, if a little cumbersome

I have found I'm only using it on singular, badass targets - as this build is not particularly strong for single target DPS. Otherwise, they're just fodder (and, honestly, they pick off individual targets and hold them away from the slaughter, so they're more of a nuisance once you're up high enough level that they do no significant DPS on their own)

Any Poison skill can fill that slot just fine.

Thus far, due to the inherently squishy nature of an INT-based melee class, I've been using Blood Rush/Hemostasis as the generic "Get The F**K Out Of Here" card. Losing the skeletons and swapping to Stand Alone may help that. Is the Poison Golem a viable alternative?

As far as the rings go... ugh. I wish there was another viable option besides CoE for what is a wholly single element build. I have to admit, I'm not terribly good at keeping an eye on the swishing element ticker when I'm up to my neck in 1,000 demons who want to do unpleasant things to my colon with my own femurs.

I don't tend to play solo, so Unity + Immortal follower is not a viable option (normally... I can keep it on standby).

Guest TheBOi
On 6/3/2019 at 10:02 AM, Arkpit said:

And if you macro (numlock) the key you usually never see more than 1-2 up during a rift so works well ?

So if Understand you correctly you can somehow set it up so that the skelletons are autocast and you just spam it instead of waiting for all of them to respawn?

On 8/19/2020 at 4:12 AM, Sableflame said:

I think keeping Blood Rush is fine for the vast majority of GR progression, so you have made a fairly good choice already; some might even argue the superior mobility and the ability to skip unfavorable rift layouts can overcome the loss of a damage multiplier skill. I don’t like the poison rune for the Golem at all, but it can work - I just find its effect quite inferior to, say, an all-purpose debuff like the one from Blight.

As for the ring, I can fully relate to your aversion to CoE; if you don’t want to keep track of its cycles, you can find a decent alternative in a Poison damage Stone of Jordan.

7 minutes ago, Guest TheBOi said:

So if Understand you correctly you can somehow set it up so that the skelletons are autocast and you just spam it instead of waiting for all of them to respawn?

Correct - it’d be easier to grasp it via video than written out, but if you check out “numlock diablo 3” in youtube you will find plenty of tutorials on that!

• Like 1

I think keeping Blood Rush is fine for the vast majority of GR progression, so you have made a fairly good choice already; some might even argue the superior mobility and the ability to skip unfavorable rift layouts can overcome the loss of a damage multiplier skill.

Thus far, I'm up to GR 67 80! and the damage output on a... less than optimal gear roll set (some of this gear is annoying as all hell!)... is amazing. I'm melting mobs with ease once I can survive getting hit by them. Golem is gone for DN/Blight.

80 seems to be about the point where a step forward in better gear is required. Fortunately, that's also the cap for getting guaranteed level ups to hit the "level 3 gems to 70" final achievement, so I can camp here for now.

On that note, however, I'm finding 10 stacks (60% DR) is not nearly enough to survive the bullet hell damage that comes from many of the mobs at this level. I've kept the RoRG on my hand, and replaced the CoE entirely in the build with Wisdom of Kalan in the cube for an additional 5 BA stacks (30% DR)

For even more DR, I'm using Ancient Parthan Defenders with max poison dmg in the Bracers slot. My GR runs consist of 30 seconds of dancing around to gather up mobs (hopefully not ranged ones!) and getting my BA stacks up... once those are up, I can faceroll the GRs with ease.

Edited by Sableflame
progression

On 8/25/2020 at 7:28 AM, Sableflame said:

(...)

Congrats on the success! I can definitely understand the swap to Ancient Parthan Defenders over Nemesis - super-experienced players would frown upon the loss of elite spawning, but the Dislocation stun just pairs so well with APDs! I do feel Kalan is a bit of a trap though; as safe as it makes the build, it hampers your damage potential quite a bit compared to the potential for permanent Simulacrums from Haunted Visions.

One tip I can give for the BA stacks (although it's hard to demonstrate without a video, I suppose...) - you can delay the initial BA activation at the start of the run. As risky as it may sound, I would do a semi-circular, "pulling" motion in the general direction of mobs to trigger their interest. A decent number of them should become interested and clump up in your general direction. I would then jump right in the thick of them and get a hefty BA going. Blood Rush should help with the safety of this little stunt, and it can get you started in the rift with maxed out BA, which is a huge time saver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadset said:

it hampers your damage potential quite a bit compared to the potential for permanent Simulacrums from Haunted Visions.

No, no... not wearing it - in the cube (over the RoRG).

Hands: RoRG + Krysbin's (completely removing CoE from the build)
Neck: HV
Cube: Kalan's

As I get better/Ancient/Primal versions of the primary gear, I may move away from the APD - simply because you need every elite you can get (and their orbs) at the highest levels of GRs, but right now they're an extra bulwark in an otherwise moderately squishy build.

Whelp, I can see now why this is a 2nd-tier build... having your primary damage dealing skill susceptible to AOE dying (which happens all the time at high levels) and on a 2 minute cooldown is not sustainable in high end runs.

It was fun while it lasted... on to make one of the top-tier builds to finish the season.

14 hours ago, Sableflame said:

Whelp, I can see now why this is a 2nd-tier build... having your primary damage dealing skill susceptible to AOE dying (which happens all the time at high levels) and on a 2 minute cooldown is not sustainable in high end runs.

It was fun while it lasted... on to make one of the top-tier builds to finish the season.

Aww ? But understandable, yes. When you take a look at the abundance of tanky items the LoD equivalent of the Scythe build offers over the Inarius version, it's not even in the same ballpark. You get Aquila CuirassAquila Cuirass and Stone GauntletsStone Gauntlets and Ice ClimbersIce Climbers ON TOP of Razeth's VolitionRazeth's Volition and Dayntee's BindingDayntee's Binding ... yeah.

• Like 1

If there was a way to utilize the 2-piece bonus from the new Masquerade set, it would be insane... but, alas, they share identical pieces, and there's no way to sacrifice the 10k% BA damage buff and maintain the build.

Hey,

Can someone please explain how I, as a Necromancer, can obtain the Stone Gauntlets?

That is during seasonal play - just to clarify.

On 8/31/2020 at 3:36 PM, TCC said:

Hey,

Can someone please explain how I, as a Necromancer, can obtain the Stone Gauntlets?

That is during seasonal play - just to clarify.

Starting a seasonal alt character - barbarian or crusader - and upgrading rare gloves on that character is the easiest way. Craft L70 yellow gloves at the blacksmith, upgrade in the cube, rinse and repeat. The pool of potential unique gloves is fairly small, so it should drop relatively quickly.

After the first drops, you have two options. Keep rolling them on your alt, or switch back to your Necro and reroll. Reroll has the advantage that you'll get INT instead of STR as a primary stat, so you can reroll something else. But it's a lot more expensive, of course. 

On 9/1/2020 at 6:07 PM, Bubble181 said:

(...)

Thanks for the post, this is indeed correct, if a little counter-intuitive. Stone Gauntlets should really be expanded to all classes, at least unlike Swamp Land Waders they don't have a class-specific power to tie them down.