FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Corpse Lance Necromancer

I assume we'll get an adjusted version of this set with the Crimson set by the end of the month?

Guest APestPlayer
On 6/23/2019 at 5:31 PM, Guest trag'oul's?! said:

yeah why use trag'oul's corroded fang for Pestilence build if not using Grim Scythe?  (speedfarm variation).

Because you are supposed to be cursing everything, thus procing the extra bonus for the fang that deals More Damage because of Curses...

I recommend replacing Squirt's NecklaceSquirt's Necklace with Haunted VisionsHaunted Visions

Because Squirt's NecklaceSquirt's Necklace gives you +100% damage and enemies damage you 50% more

But with Haunted VisionsHaunted Visions your SimulacrumSimulacrumReservoirReservoir lasts forever meaning you have double the amount of essence forever.

So, let's say you have 328 Essence like me, so now you have 656 Essence and with Reilena's ShadowhookReilena's Shadowhook you gain additional 164% Damage, or even more if you have more essence than me.

Do not be afraid of losing 1% Hp/s all the time because you only need to activate SimulacrumSimulacrumReservoirReservoir once, after 15s it stops draining your health.

Edited by Aircheese

On 7/10/2020 at 4:54 PM, Aircheese said:

But with Haunted VisionsHaunted Visions your SimulacrumSimulacrumReservoirReservoir lasts forever meaning you have double the amount of essence forever.

Hey - that is absolutely true, but how do you address the lack of Corpses? Sure, you get Simulacrums to last forever (and double your Essence due to Reservoir), but a Corpse Lance build only has a burst window during Land of the Dead, when Corpses are infinite. And to top things off, base Simulacrum duration matches the duration of Land of the Dead, making the extra damage from Squirt's Necklace that much more appealing.

Have you found a reliable way to generate Corpses during LotD downtime in your build? ? Do share your experiences!

Guest Rando
On 7/10/2020 at 9:54 AM, Aircheese said:

I recommend replacing Squirt's NecklaceSquirt's Necklace with Haunted VisionsHaunted Visions

Because Squirt's NecklaceSquirt's Necklace gives you +100% damage and enemies damage you 50% more

So, let's say you have 328 Essence like me, so now you have 656 Essence and with Reilena's ShadowhookReilena's Shadowhook you gain additional 164% Damage, or even more if you have more essence than me.

Do not be afraid of losing 1% Hp/s all the time because you only need to activate SimulacrumSimulacrumReservoirReservoir once, after 15s it stops draining your health.

Does the increased damage from Haunting Visions out perform the damage increase PLUS the crit. damage increase from Squirt's Necklace? I would expect the higher crit. chance and crit. damage rolls prioritized for the other gear in the Tra'goul variant to still favor Squirt's Necklace, but I'm definitely going to try this out.

On 8/5/2020 at 9:50 AM, Guest Rando said:

Does the increased damage from Haunting Visions out perform the damage increase PLUS the crit. damage increase from Squirt's Necklace? I would expect the higher crit. chance and crit. damage rolls prioritized for the other gear in the Tra'goul variant to still favor Squirt's Necklace, but I'm definitely going to try this out.

I think his suggested variant doesn't address the bigger problem, the one I outlined above. Sure, with Haunted Visions you will have the Simulacrums up at all times, but Corpse Lance builds only deal damage during LotD uptime, when you have a limitless supply of Corpses available. What good are those permanent Simulacrums, if you have no way to deal damage? Instead of using Haunted, the guide suggests you simply activate Simulacrum Reservoir and Land of the Dead Frozen Lands simultaneously, as they have matching durations and cooldowns, burst enemies down (with the superior damage from Squirt's), and then wait out the next cycle.

Guest Rando
7 hours ago, Deadset said:

I think his suggested variant doesn't address the bigger problem, the one I outlined above. Sure, with Haunted Visions you will have the Simulacrums up at all times, but Corpse Lance builds only deal damage during LotD uptime, when you have a limitless supply of Corpses available. What good are those permanent Simulacrums, if you have no way to deal damage? Instead of using Haunted, the guide suggests you simply activate Simulacrum Reservoir and Land of the Dead Frozen Lands simultaneously, as they have matching durations and cooldowns, burst enemies down (with the superior damage from Squirt's), and then wait out the next cycle.

Agreed, but that's only if you consider it a problem, which I guess depends on how you're trying to use the build.

If you follow the recommended approach for the Tra'goul build as an elite/champion sniper, you're ignoring most of the regular packs of enemies (as your cooldowns are happening) while jumping around and hunting for minion packs or pylons.  You have Blood Rush Molting providing limited corpses for emergency purposes (e.g. running away from a large pack if you happen to die), but that's not the main focus.  Trying to use this build with a different style of play (especially in the solo GRs) isn't going to work well.

My question was whether the permanent damage increase from Haunted Visions (164% using Aircheese's number, I'll be slightly lower once I can find Haunted Visions again) outperforms (i.e. kills more enemies during LotD) the damage AND crit damage increases from Squirt's Necklace (potentially 100% damage and at best 100% crit damage).  You would also benefit from having more essence to Command Skeletons during cooldowns (further maintaining your health while jumping around), and helping with projectile enemies when you remove the potential 50% damage taken increase with Squirt's Necklace.  These points are separate from your criticism of the entire build.

It is a fragile build, but I find it fun and effective for solos when used as recommended, and it's great when you have friends providing corpses (while I'm still working on my pestilence support build).

On 8/7/2020 at 6:36 PM, Guest Rando said:

My question was whether the permanent damage increase from Haunted Visions (164% using Aircheese's number, I'll be slightly lower once I can find Haunted Visions again) outperforms (i.e. kills more enemies during LotD) the damage AND crit damage increases from Squirt's Necklace (potentially 100% damage and at best 100% crit damage).

Ah, I see what you mean. I ran a simulation with D3Planner and I think it boils down to whether your friends generate enough Corpses to consider your damage output meaningful during your own LotD downtime, and how low you managed to bring that LotD downtime in the first place. I still stand behind the Squirt's recommendation, mostly because a fully optimized Corpse Lancer will bring the LotD downtime below 40 s., and when you factor in the need to build up clumps of enemies to burst down and work around the Convention cycles, it lines up almost to well. An alternative to Squirt's I can actually get behind is The Johnstone, which I think will work even better in a party scenario with secondary suppliers of Corpses in the fight. I am very open to feedback however - let me know how those build alterations go for you!

Uncommon Patron

Why does the guide say we have 100% armor buff from the passive Stand Alone, when it also has minions from Command Skeletons?

Edited by sasja

22 hours ago, sasja said:

Why does the guide say we have 100% armor buff from the passive Stand Alone, when it also has minions from Command Skeletons?

Hey - you are correct in pointing it out, and I will make a revision to the guide shortly. It's a leftover from the (significant) chunk of time that the build didn't use Command Skeletons, which were added to the build to take advantage of the recent Jesseth set buff. I think it's still reasonable to use the passive - a 30% armor buff is nothing to scoff at - but a case can be made for other passives at this point (i.e. faster movement/level skipping via Fueled By Death, or a farming-oriented choice like Rathma's Shield).

Guest Blorp

I don't understand this build. Why would you take Command Skeletons AND Stand Alone? Then Simulacrum is mentioned in the rotation. I'm guessing Simulacrum was meant instead of Command Skeletons, but then basically you're just hoping to have Blood Rush on cooldown so you can pop a corpse? It seems very odd (and weak).

On 12/1/2020 at 5:05 PM, Guest Blorp said:

I don't understand this build. Why would you take Command Skeletons AND Stand Alone? Then Simulacrum is mentioned in the rotation. I'm guessing Simulacrum was meant instead of Command Skeletons, but then basically you're just hoping to have Blood Rush on cooldown so you can pop a corpse? It seems very odd (and weak).

Corpse Lance, as well as other super-Land of the Dead-reliant builds are a bit wonky at first. You are essentially spending most of the rift run drawing monster attention and waiting on the LotD cooldown; once it's up and you've built up a huge fight, you destroy everything on the screen with Corpse Lances, and then you repeat the process.

Simulacrum should be present in the build over Decrepify traditionally, but Season 22 allows you to take a Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang into the build and a curse temporarily takes Simulacrum's place for a bigger damage increase. Apologies if it isn't made clear by the rotation section, but the change is explained further in the Skills page.

Despite the inclusion of a minion skill, Stand Alone is still a very strong damage reduction passive (you still get a nice 30% most of the time!), and it's much appreciated in a build that spends a lot of time building up fights in between LotD cooldowns and tanking occasional hits in the process.

Guest IC0n0c14S7

Swap the corpse skill for the blood based bone spear and it still works. 

Guest anon

there is no reason to have devour in this build, replace with flesh golem or bone spike.