FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Frozen Orb Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)

Guest Bujmofo

I don't understand why it is , Or Frostburn for season 16.

Anyone can tell me more?

Guest Bambuzz

Pretty simple: Season 16's theme is the permanent effect of "Ring of Royal Grandeur" on every character which means you need one less piece of set armor for every set bonus in the entire season without wearing the ring.

Therefore, many builds this Season can swap on set-piece for a "normal" Legendary and in case of DMO-sorc that item that makes most sense is "Frostburn".

Guest Batjesus

or the general recommendation, the superior proc coefficient of Shock Pulse Shock Pulse Piercing Orb Piercing Orb.

What part of the build needs to take proc coefficient into consideration?

Guest Frozen Orb

From what I experienced, it's a really good build, only limited by the setup time of slow time bubble, and slight limitation from mobility. Super tanky

Guest A concerned wizard

The guide says "and lastly using Teleport(spell) to reposition smartly" however Teleport isn't in the suggested skills/spells setup.. ?

1) In the Introduction page this build is said to be "strictly oriented at Greater Rift progression", but it is labelled also as "speed-farming": should this label e removed?

2) In the Gear page, the table recommends "Attack Speed" for Fierce Gauntlets, but not for any other item: is that a typo?

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 9:51 PM, Guest Batjesus said:

What part of the build needs to take proc coefficient into consideration?

The build goes through a lot of AP and requires Arcane Power on Critical Hit to keep it up. APoC will proc more with Shock Pulse - Piercing Orb than any other skill. But if you're running a variant of this with Shame of Delsere, you still want APoC but you have more freedom to use other skills like glacial spike or whatever.

Guest woot?

Last but not least, reposition smartly with TeleportTeleport.

How can you write it when you don't include the Teleport in the skills?

15 hours ago, Guest woot? said:

How can you write it when you don't include the Teleport in the skills?

As is noted in the text:

image.png

Guest me again
6 hours ago, Blainie said:

As is noted in the text:

image.png

Yes, it was farther in the text. When I read it my post was already awaiting moderation. I guess I should've finished reading before writing the post, but it simply confused me. Maybe it would be good to mention it earlier in the text, because I see I am not the only one who missed that at first.

Guest speed farming

Where I can find the speed farming version? What is the highest GR you can farm with it?

Guest Wolfesz

In seasons without the passice effect of royal grandeur, it can be used instead of elements ring, and aughild bracer + one other set piece insted of one from the DMO wouldn't be better? It's less damage (60% againts elites instead of 150-200/7 + 25%) but way more damage reduction (+45% from elites) this way. +You can get ancient or primal from the aughilds by craft with better chance.

13 minutes ago, Guest Wolfesz said:

In seasons without the passice effect of royal grandeur, it can be used instead of elements ring, and aughild bracer + one other set piece insted of one from the DMO wouldn't be better? It's less damage (60% againts elites instead of 150-200/7 + 25%) but way more damage reduction (+45% from elites) this way. +You can get ancient or primal from the aughilds by craft with better chance.

CoE damage increase isn't 150-200/7.

The point of CoE is to use your abilities in cycles, where you focus on stacking mobs outside of the Frost cycles, and then pour all your resources and damage into the Frost one (when possible). If you spend the downtime of CoE wisely, then you can end up having the damage effect up for almost all instances of you attacking and trying to deal damage, rather than just stacking mobs.

I find it strange to find the Triumvirate to be preferred to be equipped on this build over the Orb of Infinte depth.
Orb's difference is a 8-10 % x 4 stacks so thats an increase of between 32 to 40 % of dmg achieved by it, while its defense is static on 20 % per stack. That's a 0 or 3 or 6 % total dmg difference.

Triumvirate has however a 300-400 % increase with 3 stacks, ranging from 900-1200 % dmg increase. that would mean a dmg range of 30% difference. That outperforms a ancient perfect stats Triumvirate with only a 300% roll if just having it in cube. All you want on the Orb of infinite depth then is Apoc and an Arcane Orb % roll to make it up for anything.

So imo the triumvirate is best for the cube, equipping the Orb of Infinite Depth, however bad it might be. Unless you encounter an triumvirate at near 400% with good stats on it.

Each 3.33% on the triumvirate affix roll gives 1 % more dmg for the build...

Edited by MrHandsome

Guest Drem

For season 20 only with the unlocked cube - can't this build graft in Deathwish and Etched Sigil?  Although I think I've found that there is then an overload of skills needed, plus a super clunky playstyle - but channeling builds can add over 10 GR levels if I understand correctly.  Another way of looking at is starts from the meteor builds, but Unstable Scepter + Triumvirate both run higher multipliers than Grand Vizier + Nilfer, as does the base cold orb skill.

In the end I think it swaps all the way around to a LoD setup, because that unsticks the skill cycle to allow teleport and frees up space for things like frostburns.  So maybe it gets a whole separate page?  The core concept remains US+Tri+DW+ES 4 weapon powers.

(Questions like manual cast area damage for group trash role are ones I know enough to puzzle over... but not enough to answer.  I think the travel time is long enough even with the new 1 second delay.  Also, +reverse archon as LoD?  IDK.)

I'd hoped to take my version of it to the leaderboard, but someone else got one of these on their first.  It seems to hit like a truck though - the fact that a "less dedicated player" (<10 hours a week) like me can take it to GR95 with no augments and no ancient weapon seems to say there is a build here.

Very curios to see how close to the "pro" build I got with my thinking this time, or if I'm even in the right space to start with.

Guest Lumberjack

How is this build supposed to do enough damage?

I found that without channeling, damage was always too low. 

Also why the Deksere set? I don't see any reason to play that over Tal Rasha. You don't need slow time, it is less clunky and you can use the Sigil to do more than re damage.