FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Archon Wizard

On 6/2/2019 at 2:19 PM, alonsotherion said:

can someone explain why ice dmg? Why not star fire + manald to buff electric dmg?

StarfireStarfire allows 40 yards at max, Chantodo's WillChantodo's Will only lets you be 30 yards away and AudacityAudacity only allows 15. It's just easier to be close range, and considering it'd be really hard to squeeze in the Manald because of the necessary Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac in the cube, it would really ask that you try for a different build entirely that doesn't use Chantodo and frees up a jewelry slot.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:19 PM, alonsotherion said:

can someone explain why ice dmg? Why not star fire + manald to buff electric dmg?

Because the two builds play differently - Manald Archon wants you to build stacks in Archon and then use your spender with a high proc rate to proc Manald/Paralysis. Chantodo Archon wants you to get back into Archon with 20 Chantodo stacks as soon as possible. Also, Chantodo cannot proc any other procs.

Wouldn't a well rolled hellfire be better. This opens up either the Halo ring, coe, and orz. Or coe, orz, and grandeur so you can use the slow time hat with all the runes for slow time in archon.

Edited by quakemarine20

This build is close but instead of unwavering will use cold blooded it's more useful because you're not really sitting still that often where as cold blooded is applied all the time and instead of teleport use slow time exhaustion or time warp so that the rune is applied while in archon form if you're dying while not in archon use black hole to get cc and stand inside time bubble with exhaustion rune while channeling to get back into archon

I'm running an almost identical build, only instead of black hole, I went with familiar/sparkflint for the raw damage - I spend so little time outside of archon that it isn't worth it - and I just swapped the furnace out of the cube for the new echoing fury, and I basically speed run GR100. GR112 was no problem.

I've got an ancient CoE and an ancient MH with 13,999%, and having swapped paralysis for the cheat death passive, I don't see any improvement; however, running lightning as the element instead of cold, without black hole, it really doesn't seem matter. Even though I'm not using the MH, I haven't rolled my elemental on the ABBs back to cold and I don't think I will.

This build is super fun.

Guest Giltka

In the guide you first indicate that you use energy sheild and then later change it to storm armor. I just want to know which one is better?

On 9/1/2019 at 5:11 AM, Guest Giltka said:

In the guide you first indicate that you use energy sheild and then later change it to storm armor. I just want to know which one is better?

Heya, thanks for the catch. That one mention in the first paragraph is a remnant from an older version, the current Storm Armor recommendation is definitely the correct one.

Posting in case it helps others to understand the decision around the Strongarm Bracers in the speed run build. Black Hole procs the knockback, and the damage buff DOES work against Rift Guardians.

Your GR push build recommends Teleport instead of Slow Time w/ a good rune.

Your Speedbuild recommends Slow Time instead of Teleport.

Good joke!

Edited by KickTheCan

Guest Psudokai

This build is great, thanks a lot! Only 2 things I would change. 

#1 you're always moving in this build, you're almost never standing still, whether it's kiting or teleporting. So I find unwavering will to be useless, I think galvanizing ward is signily better!

#2 I strongly disagree with the zei's Stone of vengeance. I think gogok of swiftness is better in every single way, and this is coming from someone who's completed level 118 GR's

Guest Error in build?

In the Paragon section you suggest [...] In the Offense section, max out Cooldown Reduction, Crit Chance, Crit Damage and Attack Speed in that order. [...] but in the table the order is 

Offense
  1. Cooldown Reduction
  2. Critical Hit Damage
  3. Critical Hit Chance

Guest LookBehindU

This build is a pretty good build. I would recommend a change for the Kanai powers. The weapon, instead of fortress, go with Messerschmidt's reaver. I can have a low roll (few ancients) version of this set and have near endless archon. This allows for some give on the rolls needed for cooldowns and such.

Guest staticv0id

Archon, Teleport, and Arcane Torrent are all in the wrong slots on this build.  What am I missing?

1 hour ago, Guest staticv0id said:

Archon, Teleport, and Arcane Torrent are all in the wrong slots on this build.  What am I missing?

Do you have elective mode enabled in the options?

After playing in my own style for quite a while (paragon a bit over 300 now (I know, not quite a veteran)), I find teleport a cumbersome way to get yourself out of any difficult situations and moving around. When you are dealing with a crowd of powerful demons aiming at you, and you having your aim at them (mouse pointer) firing all that you can, it just takes way too long to move your aim away from where you are aiming to the location you want to teleport to. I much prefer to wear the Illusory Boots (coupled with the Ring of Royal Grandeur, of course, so I can get away with not wearing the Vyr boots), which allow me to simply walk away from any difficult situation, and reserve my right click instead to Disintegrate - Chaos Nexus. This way I have both of my attacks tied to my two mouse buttons for maximum efficiency. Also, as armor, The Swami is fine, but I much rather prefer Hergbrash's Binding, which pretty much REMOVES the Arcane power cost (as in I can keep firing both my attack skills against powerful enemies without ever having to worry about running out of Arcane Power, which is something I noticed using the gear set suggested sorely lacking (as in, I would quickly run out of Arcane Power when not in Archon form)). As for while in Archon, well, pretty much anything will do, since Archon is so powerful in itself. Also, something I rarely see anyone mentioning: If you use wave of force coupled with Etched Sigil in the cube, you get pretty much the same "every second attack without you even having to do anything" while using disintegrate that you get when you are in Archon form while you are NOT in Archon form... It is just awesome all around.
My 2 cents. R.

Guest GoonerW

Given we can put any item in any cube slot this season, is there any reason to choose Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac over Messerschmidt's ReaverMesserschmidt's Reaver?

I haven't found a Zodiac ring yet and I have the Reaver in my cube alongside The FurnaceThe Furnace and The SwamiThe Swami and I find I have almost 100% uptime on Archon.   Would it be due to the fact you have to spend time outside Archon building Chantodo's stacks before reentering that the Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac is better?

From what I can gather, Messerschmidt's ReaverMesserschmidt's Reaver starts reducing the cooldown as soon as you start killing in Archon form whereas Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac can't start reducing the cooldown until you're outside Archon from and spending resource.

Guest Zei's???

Why Zei's? a lvl 100 Zei's only gives 12% at melee range, why not say a bane of the powerful instead which gives 20%? Since most of the damage is from Chantodo's 30 yard aoe blast does that mean the optimal playstyle is to maintain 20-30 yard distance from the enemy for that 24-36% bonus damage? It's not clear how the build benefits from Zei's

Guest GoonerW
On 3/29/2020 at 8:06 PM, Guest Zei's??? said:

Why Zei's? a lvl 100 Zei's only gives 12% at melee range, why not say a bane of the powerful instead which gives 20%? Since most of the damage is from Chantodo's 30 yard aoe blast does that mean the optimal playstyle is to maintain 20-30 yard distance from the enemy for that 24-36% bonus damage? It's not clear how the build benefits from Zei's

The build also includes AudacityAudacity  so you need to be within 15 yards to gain 30% extra damage so that'll work with Zei's.

Guest Guestish

Do you have a page for the Capt. Crimson variant? It's currently atop the leaderboards.

Guest renterjack
On 3/27/2020 at 5:51 AM, Guest GoonerW said:

Given we can put any item in any cube slot this season, is there any reason to choose Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac over Messerschmidt's ReaverMesserschmidt's Reaver?

I haven't found a Zodiac ring yet and I have the Reaver in my cube alongside The FurnaceThe Furnace and The SwamiThe Swami and I find I have almost 100% uptime on Archon.   Would it be due to the fact you have to spend time outside Archon building Chantodo's stacks before reentering that the Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac is better?

From what I can gather, Messerschmidt's ReaverMesserschmidt's Reaver starts reducing the cooldown as soon as you start killing in Archon form whereas Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac can't start reducing the cooldown until you're outside Archon from and spending resource.

problem is fighting bosses/guardians. you might have to go into and out of archon several times for high level rift bosses. so you wont be killing anything to activate M reavers cooldown mechanic. with enough cooldown reduction, youll be ready for your next archon right when you hit 20 stacks for your chantodos will.