FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Archon Wizard

Guest TedintheShed

Krelm's is not a good choice- it will not get the bonus because there must be more that 2 pieces in the set in order to get a bonus from Royal Ring of Grandeur.

Guest daniel
15 hours ago, Guest TedintheShed said:

Krelm's is not a good choice- it will not get the bonus because there must be more that 2 pieces in the set in order to get a bonus from Royal Ring of Grandeur.

The Krelms have this as legendary affix. Its not the set bonus.

Guest Jay

Is the idea that Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is unnecessary because you don't actually need 100% uptime on Archon form, Swami + Manald Heal lets you keep your toughness and damage up between casts?

Guest Gytell

I've found a wand called "wand of woh" adds over 300% damage to explosive blast and 3 additional blasts. Using it with the skills shown, there is very little down time and you get your 4 stacks in one cast. Might be a better addition to this build than pig sticker. I don't know, oddly haven't found one yet to try.

Guest Motorhue

I have some issues running out of resource when off archon. Any tips? 

Guest Fjordn

16 hours ago, Guest Motorhue said:

I have some issues running out of resource when off archon. Any tips? 

Same problem here, since adding The Swami hat. Only when Archon stacks are still up, though. Once the stacks fall off, I'm fine. Why is that?

6 hours ago, Guest Fjordn said:

Same problem here, since adding The Swami hat. Only when Archon stacks are still up, though. Once the stacks fall off, I'm fine. Why is that?

I’ve switched out explosive blast for electrocute to keep my energy up, working out really well for me.

Guest Wiz
On 2/1/2019 at 1:55 PM, Guest Fjordn said:

Archon stacks increase both damage and attack speed, so giving ~100-200% attack speed rips through your Mana. I spec into a fair bit of mana regen to avoid this until I get enough procs from Zodiac to get back into Archon.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:58 AM, StKBloodShed said:

I’ve switched out explosive blast for electrocute to keep my energy up, working out really well for me.

This is a really bad idea. The energy gained compared to the affix from EB is worth little to nothing. You just need to get more Crit Chance or roll a higher roll of Arcane Power on Crit. If you run out of mana, relocate, kite and stack mobs while it regens. Definitely do not replace Explosive Blast, it is far too powerful with your off-hand effect.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:28 AM, Guest Gytell said:

I've found a wand called "wand of woh" adds over 300% damage to explosive blast and 3 additional blasts. Using it with the skills shown, there is very little down time and you get your 4 stacks in one cast. Might be a better addition to this build than pig sticker. I don't know, oddly haven't found one yet to try.

Woh is pretty weak here. Pig Sticker is used because it has a high attack speed, meaning more potential Archon procs, meaning more damage and faster stack building. It is definitely the best choice. 

On 1/26/2019 at 7:38 PM, Guest Jay said:

Is the idea that Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is unnecessary because you don't actually need 100% uptime on Archon form, Swami + Manald Heal lets you keep your toughness and damage up between casts?

Deathwish allows you to actually deal a massive amount of damage outside of Archon. The main point of this build is to get stacks in Archon, come out of Archon and then unload massive damage with the remaining stacks from The Swami and the buff from Deathwish, as well as your Taeguk and other channeling bonuses.

Guest Wrifter

How high can I expect to solo grift with this build?  I have all gear except manald heal and have pushed to 55 but I was unable to beat 60 in the time limit.

Guest Yolo
On 2/10/2019 at 6:52 PM, Guest Wrifter said:

How high can I expect to solo grift with this build?  I have all gear except manald heal and have pushed to 55 but I was unable to beat 60 in the time limit.

Manald Heal is the main damage dealer of the build, so pushing to 55 without it is a great success! Consider upgrading rare rings to get it ASAP, you will feel the difference.
The build itself is durable as far as it can be and well suited for beginners, however, if you opt for high leaderboard standings, consider using Tal Rasha Meteor build. They are the top for the season. (The reason behind that that archon is a mainly melee spec (You only kite outside archon) while Tal Rasha is a pure kiting<->nuclear bombing spec.

I died with my LoN wizards. Got a Vyr's going now. Manald heal doesn't do much by GR 75. I was thinking of this when checking out the star pact wizard. Now that I died twice in a row I am stuck trying out Vyr's. My build isn't great, barely 75 worthy. I've gotten rid of manalds heal for Obsidian. Deathwish and etched sigil are my end goal. With a Twister dmg dealer doing 90% of the builds dmg. The cooldown is almost too good. But it's awesome to ensure that as soon as swami is ending you can archon. Twister fits perfectly into this build, and the 1.4 attack speed is not enough of a difference compared to 1.5 to take away from the overall dmg boost twisters and channelling provide the build over manald heal. This is going to be almost as good as my LoN twister or meteor wizards I irresponsibly got killed. And will tank every bit as well as them. 
https://www.d3planner.com/109196916

I was wondering why this build wasn't using the etched sigil and deathwish combo after wrapping my head around the LoN star pact. That manalds heal is garbage. I even have a pig sticker for now, great attack speed, but doubling up swami/archon stacks and manald heal combined can't even come close to that type of damage the channelling and twister or meteor can bring. Once I get these pieces back I'll be switching back to channelling. I may not even have to switch back from Vyr's to LoN. We'll see how it goes. 

Guest Gage Orvis

This build is receiving a massive buff in season 17, so if you think its good now try it then.

I hope the chantodo set varian will be added before season 17? Last time i checked on ptr leaderboard gr 123 is cleared with vyr chantodo build, worthy of top build right?

Guest Dermsux

In the gem choice you suggest bane of the trapped. One of the reasons you suggest it is for the "constant frost nova spam". I can't find the source of the frost nova casts.

Guest GlitchPixel

Am I missing something? It looks like there are two picks for Conjuration skills (Storm Armor, Magic Weapon) and none for Force skills. I've been using Hydra with the Lightning rune for Force.

Guest Error in build?

Isn't the ring incorrect? Energy Armor in skills but Storm Armor Ring?

1st I use Obsidian ring, since i have primal. I then cube Convention ring.

2nd I drop Taeguk for Gogok - dmg form Chantodo set is increased by attack speed.

3rd for weapon slot in cube I use In-geom for faster Archon.

4th in skills I drop Unwavering Will for Cold Blooded - its just my playstyle (i move a lot).

This way i farm GRs at lvl 75 in 2-3 mins.

19 hours ago, Guest Error in build? said:

Isn't the ring incorrect? Energy Armor in skills but Storm Armor Ring?

Will get this fixed, thanks!