FORUMS
Stan

Heroes of the Storm Teasers: February 3rd

NG4ZiGh.png

Two new skin teasers were posted on the official Heroes of the Storm Twitter. New skins are coming for Blaze and Hanzo in the latest patch.

Imperius was the latest Hero to join the Nexus and now, we can expect a new patch with Hero reworks. The first teaser depicts a new Blaze skin and the second one appears to tease an upcoming Hanzo skin. The Toy Event got extended and for now, it's uncertain if the content update comes with a new Lunar Festival event.

Dyf91_PXgAIte9A.png

Dya0QOMWwAEMrWc.png

The good guys team to fight Viper, noice.

Those skins looks great, specially since neither Hanzo nor Blaze got any after their launch. Assuming this follows the Viper event last year, we are due to one more. Any bets? I bet Yrel, Deckard or Alex (maybe even Fenix, if they are creative enough).

Also, pig plushie is back once more. What could it mean?

My intuition tells me 3rd skin is going to be Nova, seeing as she could fit secret intelligence theme. 
99% sure it's going to be ranged character, as almost all heroes in movies fight with something ranged. (Yes, Stukov was last time, but he has option of taking ranged AA and he was mainly presented with his W and R). Of course, this is all just a guess.

Edited by SleepySheepy
Clarification

4 hours ago, lChronosl said:

Also, pig plushie is back once more. What could it mean?

I assume it's just because it's the Year of the Pig.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, XeaKon said:

Hanzo's skin is amost a tint of the original one. There aren't many differences between the two.

Compound bow, different outfit, hair style...
It's in details, but there is definitely a difference.

1 hour ago, XeaKon said:

Hanzo's skin is amost a tint of the original one. There aren't many differences between the two.

And it's not like there are many variations you can do with a bow and shorts. The other option would be to cover his nipples, but that would never do, of course. 😎

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, SleepySheepy said:

My intuition tells me 3rd skin is going to be Nova

Yep, that is a fair guess. When you think about it, characters with guns are screaming for these skins. Raynor, half naked Tychus ( I know we have one), Zarya and probably many more would make good targets. Only issue is, there are plenty of skins for them already

See, this is why the HotS Dev Team is my favorite. Everyone doing the same old Lunar Year, and they drop us with a fucking Rambo-inspired event. Amazing.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Haha 1

Hanzo skin is pretty pointless though. Would like to see something 'at least' more along the lines of the Blaze skin. Things that really change up the character so that you know they're from different universes. Hanzo of this skin could exist in Overwatch just as easily. Blaze 'at least' changed his timeline, since no marine would be caught dead fighting in a universe full of Zerg without proper body armour. In this universe, body armour is defeated by ranged weapons so it's ok.

But, it would be nice to see opposites more often. Fantasy characters in tech universes, and tech characters in fantasy universes. Less of AU of the same genre all the time. That's why Mecha Tyreal and Reghar were so awesome. And even Abathur who stayed in the sci-fi genre went from bio to mechanical. Opposites are fun! :p

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Morcalivan said:

But, it would be nice to see opposites more often. Fantasy characters in tech universes, and tech characters in fantasy universes. Less of AU of the same genre all the time. That's why Mecha Tyreal and Reghar were so awesome. And even Abathur who stayed in the sci-fi genre went from bio to mechanical. Opposites are fun! :p

That is a great point, I have similar ideas. Mecha Tyrael is a great example. I thought of a slightly different mashup - Angel / demon Diablo skins for Protoss / zerg. Angelic Tassadar or Alarak would look great. I can easily imagine demonic Zagara too, with scorched earth from demonic tumors, hellspawn raining from above. Devouring maw could be left unchanged, it already looks demonic :P bubut that nydus network, rendered as hellgates. Picture Dehakas swarm as a hellflame ring, or bushstalker as emerging from a hell gate, that would look incredible.

Damn, I think I hyped myself just now :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morcalivan said:

Hanzo skin is pretty pointless though. Would like to see something 'at least' more along the lines of the Blaze skin. Things that really change up the character so that you know they're from different universes. Hanzo of this skin could exist in Overwatch just as easily. Blaze 'at least' changed his timeline, since no marine would be caught dead fighting in a universe full of Zerg without proper body armour. In this universe, body armour is defeated by ranged weapons so it's ok.

Think like this. The Hanzo Skin will the Rare (150'ish Shards) and the Blaze will be Legendary (1600 ~ 2400 shards). They always do like this.

Edited by Valhalen

5 hours ago, Valhalen said:

A new skin for Deckard (it is called DECKARD PAIN).

DylJuInW0AcyBSN.jpg:large

And PTR patch notes with reworks on Abathur and Ana.

Totally called it. Deckard Pain even has a small animation detail that is super cool. Every time he stops walking, he will raise his fist and look around, to see if anyone else follows.

Old Snake Deckard is my favourite skin in the game now, seconded by Janitor Leoric.

Edited by lChronosl

4 hours ago, Valhalen said:

A new skin for Deckard (it is called DECKARD PAIN).

Gramps Badass looks really nice. I didn't see it coming.

In addition to what I mentioned before, D.Va skin would be nice. Also G.A.zlowe could work wonders with some accurate turret imagery.