FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sleete

HSReplay Premium Worth it?

Well the title says it all is it worth paying for the premium? (also is it a safe site to pay to, I'm concerned there is no paypal). 

I - obviously - use the in-game tracker, and can see from the deck list what the best match for my cards in decks being played now are  (at the moment one of the midrange hunter decks -4 cards short, 1 common, 2 rare 1 legendary).

My main thought of use was to help me construct a deck with what I have, rather than go though the list of decks to see if/how close  I match any - which is how I found the midrange hunter one.

My personal view is  - even though I am asking the question - is no, at least not for me now, though things like how to use mulligan (I usually just mulligan anything costing 4 or more) and so on do interest me.

So what's your view ?

Thanks

Edited by Sleete
tidy it up

I do not know what exactly is the difference.

These "premium" offers are IMO not a decision about "is the premium content worth a specific sum or not".

The real question is: Is the whole package worth money to you? Do you say: "I like the product and I want to support the developer."

If you compare the zero-cost version with the costly version you can save the money in most cases. The free-versions are good enough.

BUT: If you like the product a lot why not give the developer some money? I bought some fan-movies (The Gamers) and some games that are free. The "premium" didn't give me anything in return. The free version covered everything I needed. Nevertheless, I was hugely impressed with the quality of the product and liked it. That's why I decicded to give them some money.

Don't get me wrong - my intend is not to give you a bad concience and to tell you "Buy this premium offer and support them!!!.

Personally, I did not buy it. It is just my general opinion on the free / premium topic.

That seems an appropriate statement WedgeAntilles, and is as it should be really, am I getting enough out of the site to want to support it further.

Food for thought indeed

Thank you

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sleete said:

Well the title says it all is it worth paying for the premium? (also is it a safe site to pay to, I'm concerned there is no paypal). 

I - obviously - use the in-game tracker, and can see from the deck list what the best match for my cards in decks being played now are  (at the moment one of the midrange hunter decks -4 cards short, 1 common, 2 rare 1 legendary).

My main thought of use was to help me construct a deck with what I have, rather than go though the list of decks to see if/how close  I match any - which is how I found the midrange hunter one.

My personal view is  - even though I am asking the question - is no, at least not for me now, though things like how to use mulligan (I usually just mulligan anything costing 4 or more) and so on do interest me.

So what's your view ?

Thanks

I don't know the cost, but if you want to know my opinion, if you like the deck and you have money to spend, simply buy packs.
I don't think that a system ruled by an algorithm can help you more than experience - either directly playing or watching streamers playing or asking question, for example, here - so I don't think that a premium service would help you enough to be worth your money.

I think I have written this before, but I repeat it, if you didn't do it before, read this guide, it will teach you a lot.

As they say, give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Synesthesy said:

I don't know the cost, but if you want to know my opinion, if you like the deck and you have money to spend, simply buy packs.
I don't think that a system ruled by an algorithm can help you more than experience - either directly playing or watching streamers playing or asking question, for example, here - so I don't think that a premium service would help you enough to be worth your money.

I think I have written this before, but I repeat it, if you didn't do it before, read this guide, it will teach you a lot.

As they say, give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

All good advice, Thanks Synesthesy

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Synesthesy said:

Personally I completly disagree with this statement.

I agree with the rest of your posting and I agree that personal experience is very important.

But I'd NEVER consider buying packs for tons of money. (Because you need to spend hundreds of Euro to acutally feel a real effect.)

One program is from an Indy-developer. A developer, who gives you acess to a great product for free. Sure, he would be glad to get a few bucks for his work. But he doesn't force anybody to do it. No, as you said correctly: If you just look at the cost effect, the premium-version is not worth it. Because the developer doesn't want to "force" you on this version. The free version is great. However, with the premium version he gives you an opportunity to support you. Out of your own free will.

On the other hand we have a huge company that maximises the money you have to spent on the game. Or you can play at most 1/2 tier 1 decks. (that is if you play the game since years!) Try some of the other decks? Only if you spent at least 100 bucks / expansion. More like 200.
Adventures that gave you important core-cards for little money (or ingame-gold)? Nope, not anymore. Just more "big" expansions.

Giving a few bucks to a guy who practically gives his product for free and only asks something in return if you want to give him money?
Or give tons of bucks to a huge company who always wonders how to squeeze even more money out of the players?

Not a hard decision who to give money IMO...

36 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Giving a few bucks to a guy who practically gives his product for free and only asks something in return if you want to give him money?
Or give tons of bucks to a huge company who always wonders how to squeeze even more money out of the players?

Not a hard decision who to give money IMO...

Very valid point! 

All companies are like that in their games, I  also play ......

World of Tanks (PC version/EU if you play, Friend Gwyddbwyll)  - Free, but you can do better if you spend money

RIFT again free (no character level limit), but for those extra player perks,, Spend Money

Also World of Warcraft.. I have a level 85 Warlock, yet I don't play him because I have to pay to play anything above lvl20.

Hearthstone is unique in that in-game gold can help you progress  (albeit slowly) with cards (and you can win packs), and if you feel like it you can make a one-off payment now and again with no obligation to get extra.       

However with WoW and Rift and most other mmo's to progress fast and well, it's a continuous payment. that;s required .

I'm of an age that (oh yes I am that old) ploughing continuous payment into anything has to be well thought through for the gain I would get,,,, most of the time, and indeed all then time now, I don't do it.

I asked the question originally cause I am sure 'out there somewhere' there is a site/company/person who *really* does deserve my money.     I've yet to find them!

Edited by Sleete

I believe so, the data offered for higher ranks is worth it for someone like me, as the meta is very different than what the non premium package offers so its more relevent to me, having the data to know whats popular, what isnt, what techs could be good and a general jist of the game can be handy with knowing what direction to take decks and what can be good for grinding at certain times of the week, in addition the people do some good work so I feel that the contribution to that is justified.

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher