Stan

Island Expeditions BoA Gear Tokens in Patch 8.1.5

Sign in to follow this  

20 posts in this topic

41990-plundered-armor-tokens-coming-in-p

In Patch 8.1.5 Build 29220, we datamined Plundered BoA gear tokens from Island Expeditions, used at level 111 or higher to create a soulbound item appropriate for your loot specialization. The tokens can be purchased for 20 Seafarer's Dubloons each from Dubloon Traders, but they're not available for each slot, probably because said slots are occupied by heirlooms, which can be upgraded to scale to level 120 in Patch 8.1.5.

Captain Klarisa (Alliance) & Captain Zen'taga (Horde) now sell the following BoA gear tokens for 20 Seafarer's Dubloons:

We tried buying a BoA token from the vendor and ended up with a green ilvl 286 item at level 120. Keep in mind that this gear is intended for alts and players that level through Island Expeditions and the slots are supposed to work with heirlooms.

FNZowha.jpg?1

Check out our Patch 8.1.5 hub for the latest World of Warcraft news!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are completly useless and far too expensive
the overall island currency situation is extremly dumb
theyd need to up the currency gain by something like x10 and even then those tokens would still be more or less useless

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

286 at max level ist pathetic. It would have been already useless to buy those at bfa launch for your alts. They should at least be 310 or 320 to even push the gs a little bit, when you reach max level and want to switch out your lowest gear pieces.

Either this increase i mentioned, or dont make them buyable, and make them drops, like in legion, you found those things from time to time, and stocked them up. And when an alt reached max level, it was like i had a ton of them in stock and could gear that alt instantly to a decent gearlevel to start worldquests with fine rewards. I would prefer that, tbh, and rather stick to dubloons to buy cosmetics 🙂

When they really implement like this, no one at all will bother buying them, or regret buying a few out of curiosity 😕

Edited by Lawrenz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lawrenz said:

286 at max level ist pathetic. It would have been already useless to buy those at bfa launch for your alts. They should at least be 310 or 320 to even push the gs a little bit, when you reach max level and want to switch out your lowest gear pieces.

Either this increase i mentioned, or dont make them buyable, and make them drops, like in legion, you found those things from time to time, and stocked them up. And when an alt reached max level, it was like i had a ton of them in stock and could gear that alt instantly to a decent gearlevel to start worldquests with fine rewards. I would prefer that, tbh, and rather stick to dubloons to buy cosmetics 🙂

When they really implement like this, no one at all will bother buying them, or regret buying a few out of curiosity 😕

I have a feeling the ilvl and rarity are random. I'll try out buying more, maybe the items are capable of War/Titanforging at max level.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan said:

I have a feeling the ilvl and rarity are random. I'll try out buying more, maybe the items are capable of War/Titanforging at max level.

286 ilvl war/titanforged into......300 ILVL!
YAY!

But being serious - these things make zero sense since you can easily get better items in normal dungeons and world quests.
Unless you are a nutjob who collects every single piece of gear in the game for their t-mog collection.

Edited by Steveson
correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad idea for people (like me) who have leveled their toon though the Island Expeditions -- people without any quest gear, in other words.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frisby said:

Not a bad idea for people (like me) who have leveled their toon though the Island Expeditions -- people without any quest gear, in other words.

Isn't that even duller than quests? And waaay longer time-wise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ stevenson      no takes about 4 hours with islands to go from 110-120 and you will have @ 20  ranks in your neck when done. And why did people that collect all the mogs in game need to be called nut jobs? because we found something we enjoy doing with our time instead of complaining about anything out of the norm that is put  in game, or arguing over faction superiority or how activision is destroying blizzard? personally i think the people that waste their time doing the things ive mentioned are the nut jobs.

Edited by Shardi
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shardi said:

@ stevenson      no takes about 4 hours with islands to go from 110-120 and you will have @ 20  ranks in your neck when done. And why did people that collect all the mogs in game need to be called nut jobs? because we found something we enjoy doing with our time instead of complaining about anything out of the norm that is put  in game, or arguing over faction superiority or how activision is destroying blizzard? personally i think the people that waste their time doing the things ive mentioned are the nut jobs.

1) 4 hours of mindless grind to get to 120 completely naked? NO THANKS
2) Aaaand you went full agressive mode like if i specifically said that YOU'RE that nutjob and should be ashamed of yourself.
Dude there are chill pills on the shelf. Take one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You described all those people as nutjobs.

Its pretty simple logic to assume he (as in one of those people) assumed he was included in that lot.

If that's backward logic Id like to see forward logic in your pov.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Satchel reward is random and has a chance to reward Dubloons from 2-18 along with the random chance of quest item, xmog item, pet, or elusive mount from the loot tables.  Grinding an alt from 110 to 120 you may have any where between 60-80+ Dubloons (if you are lucky).  The current rewards from the vendor are steep for most of the pets and even for for the Albatross mount.

I don't think I will rely on this new 'incentive' too heavily when Normal/Heroic Dungeons and along with World Quests/Emissary rewards may progress gear faster than spending on tokens.  It's a nice gesture but the majority of alts I do have are already 120 w/ an ilvl 355-370+

But for those that are just now playing for the xpac or returning on a long hiatus it may be considered as a small stepping stone for their character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think these aren't intended to be used at 120, more like 111, 112, etc - use them as soon as you have 20 dubloons, as you level - meaning you'd actually be getting new gear at approximately the same rate as if you quested or ran dungeons.  It's a little better, since you can choose to fill a particularly weak slot or something, but basically as soon as you hit 120, you go do the regular gear grind.  

Expeditions are still a little worse since you don't get rep, so you still have to quest to do the war campaign and unlock your missions/ship upgrades/etc, but at least you don't hit 120 in argus gear.

They aren't a gear catch up mechanic like the old Broken Shore tokens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickHenry said:

You described all those people as nutjobs.

Its pretty simple logic to assume he (as in one of those people) assumed he was included in that lot.

If that's backward logic Id like to see forward logic in your pov.

It would appear that you are a complete nincompoop and i am wasting my time talking to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ragingwolf said:

That Satchel reward is random and has a chance to reward Dubloons from 2-18 along with the random chance of quest item, xmog item, pet, or elusive mount from the loot tables. 

What is this fabled satchel you speak of? I myself have only procured a measly pouch every run with a single, or with luck maybe two doubloons. 

Does such a thing as 2-18 exist?

 

But in all honesty, pouches suck massive chode.  Didn't know satchels was there, unless its in PBE and not out yet.

They should increase the ilvl to at least give something for alts to start off on heroics or something along those lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Zahli said:

What is this fabled satchel you speak of? I myself have only procured a measly pouch every run with a single, or with luck maybe two doubloons. 

Does such a thing as 2-18 exist?

 

But in all honesty, pouches suck massive chode.  Didn't know satchels was there, unless its in PBE and not out yet.

They should increase the ilvl to at least give something for alts to start off on heroics or something along those lines. 

I've gotten 12-16 Dubloons before on some runs that were either Heroic or Mythic grade Isle Expeditions on my DH.  But the Satchels for those are hard to come by and I usually will get 2-4 Dubloons or a crappy xmog green that gets vendor quickly.

And I've had a Guild mate that opened one Satchel and received 18 before.

Edited by Ragingwolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steveson said:

It would appear that you are a complete nincompoop and i am wasting my time talking to you

see there you go calling people names again. you dont want to be called names evidently neither does anyone else and at no time did i ever say you were one of the people i reffered to . i just said i think they are the nut jobs  not the mog collectors if your past posting and actions in forums makes you feel like  i was reffering to you thats your problem not mine 

 

 

 

Edited by Shardi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://imgur.com/a/PhQP7nD

@Zahli  yes they exist eitrigg *for horde*has abilities you can learn like we had from class hall upgrades that you can choose and one of them is the ability to find the satchels from islands 

Edited by Shardi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 9:36 PM, Shardi said:

https://imgur.com/a/PhQP7nD

@Zahli  yes they exist eitrigg *for horde*has abilities you can learn like we had from class hall upgrades that you can choose and one of them is the ability to find the satchels from islands 

I'm dumbfounded that I have never received one even though I got the upgrade, I thought it was the small pouches that came along with a random quest for Azerite delivery thing or an xmog that came from that tech upgrade. That's so *filtered* dumb.  I run them a lot to get azerite easily and they are somewhat fun for me as a change of pace from boring WQ.

I've never seen one drop for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      We have a bunch of fixes today with Tailoring quest issues being addressed as well as a couple of smaller quest and PvP problems as well.
      March 18 (source)
      Player versus Player
      Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving credit toward the Arathi Basin All-Star achievement when assaulting or defending flags. Professions
      Tailoring Fixed a bug that would cause Shade of Delormi to evade and prevent players from completing “If The Shoe Fits... ” if a rogue Vanished. Fixed a bug that prevented players who don’t yet know how to fly in the Broken Isles from returning to the quest location during "If The Shoe Fits... ". Quests
      Fixed a bug that caused players’ screens to turn black during “Mac'Aree, Jewel of Argus ”. Fixed a bug that prevented players from completing “The Aeonian Artisan ” if they had not unlocked Island Expeditions. Previous hotfixes.
    • By Stan
      World of Warcraft will be free to play starting Thursday. All frozen accounts will have full access to the game without a subscription, allowing you to log in and play with friends through March 24.
      Welcome Back Weekend provides a great opportunity to check out the game if you've had an inactive account for a while. All content up to Legion will be unlocked for the duration, because the game no longer requires the purchase of all expansions, just the last one and an active sub. The Battle for Azeroth trial experience will be limited to three hours of gameplay and can be repeated with up to 12 characters per account.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Welcome Back Weekend Return Free*
      From March 21 through March 24
      Return Now and Join New Allies
      New allies have entered the fight for Azeroth, and you're needed on the frontlines. This weekend, we're upgrading all inactive WoW accounts to allow you full access to the game and all of your characters without a subscription. You’ll also be able access the Battle for Azeroth™ trial experience, even if you do not own the expansion. 
      Rejoin your guild, rally your comrades, and get back in the fight.
      PLAY FREE THIS WEEKEND
      New to World of Warcraft®? Get the free Starter Edition
      *Offer available through March 24, 2019. Player is responsible for any online connection fees. Game access will be granted at the last expansion purchased or World of Warcraft®: Legion®, whichever is greater. The Battle for Azeroth trial experience ends after three hours of game play in Battle for Azeroth, or after the quest "We Need Each Other" (for Horde) or "A Nation Divided" (for Alliance), whichever comes first. Players can repeat the trial experience with up to 12 characters per qualifying account during the welcome back weekend.
      Need Help Logging Back into the Game?
      Download the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App here. Launch the App and then log in to your account. If you need help recovering your old account information, click here. Or for general login troubleshooting tools, click here. Within the App, click on the World of Warcraft tab and then Install or Update the game. For up-to-date system requirements, click here. When the update is complete, click Play. Have fun and play free through March 24, 2019! New to World of Warcraft?
      GET THE FREE STARTER EDITION
        Get a Jumpstart on the Latest Content
      Battle for Azeroth is on sale through March 31. Get it now and return to the fray with an instant Level 110 Character Boost, plus access to the Tides of Vengeance update. Play through the latest War Campaign quests, join the epic Battle of Dazar'alor raid, and recruit the brand-new Kul Tiran and Zandalari troll Allied Races.
      BUY NOW
        Turn the Tide of War and Save
      Get your character roster ready for the next escalation of the war with a limited-time sale on race changes, faction changes and more.
      LEARN MORE
    • By Stan
      Blizzard just announced the next live developer Q&A with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas will take place on Thursday at 11:00 AM PDT.
      Submit your Battle for Azeroth questions here or via Twitter using the hashtag #WarcraftQA. We'll be back with a roundup and a VOD after the stream.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Join us live on Twitch on Thursday, March 21 as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A, where he’ll be answering your Battle for Azeroth questions.
      Submit your questions by posting here in this forum thread or via Twitter using the hashtag #WarcraftQA.
      We’re looking forward to getting the chance to dive in and answer as much as we can; we hope to see you Thursday at 11:00 a.m. PDT!
    • By Starym
      It seems the new thing over on the WoW reddit is making improved versions of WoW maps using Inkarnate and we're getting a whole lot of great art out of it! A while ago we took a look at a map rework concept by redditor TNR_Gielnorian, it was damn impressive, and he's already done two BfA zones - Drustvar and Vol'dun:
        
      Meanwhile, perhaps inspired by TNR_Gielnorian, we have another redditor, MyWaterDishIsEmpty, having a go at some older maps as well, around the time of Vanilla:
        
        
      And finally, we have something a little different, as Sgtxam took on Un'goro Crater, but incorporated the lore additions from Hearthstone's "Journey to Un'goro" expansion:

      Some really great work from everyone and we definitely hope to see more in the future, as these really add something to the WoW universe and feel of the setting.
      Sources:
      Vol'dun, Drustvar, Crossroads, Sen'jin Village, Deathknell, The Sepilcher, Un'goro.
    • By Stan
      The Crucible of Storms intro questline involving Xal'atath will become available in April, shortly before the raid opens on April 16. 
      Blizzard confirmed that the Xal'atath questline, started by looting Azsharan Medallion from Naga Invasion World Quests, currently isn't active on live servers. The two-boss raid opens on April 16 and the intro questline will be available around that time too. Completing it rewards the Twitching Eyeball toy.
      Check out our Crucible of Storms Raid Preview to learn more about the new raid! 
      Blizzard (Source)
      So, this questline is supposed to be started from a drop called Azsharan Medallion, which drops from the Naga during the Naga Attack! world quest.
      However i’ve been farming it quite long enough to assume that this is either bugged and not dropping, or simply not available yet since the raid isn’t available as of yet.
      Does anyone have any more info on this? Because i’ve been searching οn wowhead for quite sometime and haven’t found anything about it.
      Confirmed – the beginnings of this questline will start appearing closer to the opening of the Crucible of Storms raid in April.