Jump to content
FORUMS
Marcawesome

Dust for HoF Cards

Recommended Posts

Hey guys been a while since I posted on here, still playing HS though. 

Anyway, if I remember correctly if we have a golden card that is going to the HoF we get reimburst the full value, right.  Not just the value of the regular card but the full value of the golden.

I remember there is a way to profit but I don't care about that, having a free Golden Baku and Genn, that's what I care about.

Also, I like to see this in the common Hearthstone question, maybe I missed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You get reimbursed the full value of cards up the the amount that can be put in a deck starting with golden cards, yes. So if you absolutely want golden Baku and Genn, don't hesitate, you'll get the dust back in a few days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the new cards that are moved to "Hall of Fame" handled like last times?

That is you get the dust value of the card, without having to disentchant them? Can't remember reading this in Blizzards notes. But it has been done twice already, that's why I guess it will be like last time.

If yes, it is quite easy*:

If you do not have a card that is moved to "Hall of Fame" - craft it in Gold.

If you do have the cards (no matter if golden or non-golden) do nothing.

 

(*With common cards it is a little different, since a golden copy gives you more dust then it takes to craft a non-golden version. But the difference isn't big, that's why I do not go into detail.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You get the full value refund for your most valuable copy, so if you have a golden Baku, you get the dust of the golden baku without dusting it. This value also for the epic one.

The method to gain profit is that if you don't own the cards AND you don't care about wild, you can craft the golden card and then dust them. So you spend 3200 dust for crafting a golden legendary, then you get the 3200 refund and you can dust it for 1600.
You need not to own the normal copy of the card, because if you do, you would have gotten the 1600 refund doing nothing and so you'll be square...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, Synesthesy said:

The method to gain profit is that if you don't own the cards AND you don't care about wild, you can craft the golden card and then dust them. So you spend 3200 dust for crafting a golden legendary, then you get the 3200 refund and you can dust it for 1600.

Er what? - 
Sorry don't understand that at all - how can you get a refund AND dust it ?

Edited by Sleete
make it clearede

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sleete said:

Er what? - 
Sorry don't understand that at all - how can you get a refund AND dust it ?

Cards that go into Hall of Fame are not treated like other cards that are changed.

You get the dust the cards cost to craft AND you keep the card.

It is free dust.

(That is the way it was handled until now. I haven't read anything from Blizzard that it will be handled differently this time, that's why everybody is sure that it will be like the last times.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Cards that go into Hall of Fame are not treated like other cards that are changed.

You get the dust the cards cost to craft AND you keep the card.

It is free dust.

Ah, I understand the profit point..... 

Create a -soon to be- Hall of Fame, Say Baku the Mooneater card Costing you  1600 dust, when it joins the Hall of Fame you get 1600 dust as compensation, and as you still have the card (presumably for Prosperity) and it is now unusable in a deck, you disenchant it for 400 dust. 

Therefore getting 400 dust as profit.    

Nice.

Thanks for the info - not that I can dust that level anyway, lol - although I do already have a few of the minor ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sleete said:

Ah, I understand the profit point..... 

Create a -soon to be- Hall of Fame, Say Baku the Mooneater card Costing you  1600 dust, when it joins the Hall of Fame you get 1600 dust as compensation, and as you still have the card (presumably for Prosperity) and it is now unusable in a deck, you disenchant it for 400 dust. 

Therefore getting 400 dust as profit.    

Nice.

Thanks for the info - not that I can dust that level anyway, lol - although I do already have a few of the minor ones.

And if you have enough dust to craft it in golden it is even better:

Craftingcost -3200

Reimburse for the move to Hall of Fall: +3200 

Disentchant: +1600

-> Gain: 1600 dust.

 

By the way: You can still use cards that are in Hall of Fame - but only in wild decks.

That's why I crafted the cards I didn't have in gold but I'll keep them. Free cards are always great :)

 

Those rotations to Hall of Fame are awesome for the players. 
This time there are 2 x legendaries + 2 x epic + 2 x rare that are moved.
I had one of those legendaries and one of the epics (but only one copy) -> I crafted 1 x legendary golden + 3 x epic golden.

Should I choose to disentchant them I'll gain 1600 + 3 x 400 = 2800 dust.

And on top of that I get 1600 dust for my existing non-golden legendary + 1 x 400 dust for my non golden epic + 4 x 100 dust for my non golden rares, + 160dust for my non-golden commons.

-> Another 2560 dust.

 

I gain +2500 dust + 1 legendary for free + 3 epics for free
 

That's quite awesome :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

That's quite awesome 🙂

Yes it is - makes me wish I hadn't spent my dust, hindsight is a dreadful thing 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, escobarrr said:

so you think that the golden Baku and Genn are a MUST ?  

Yes... IF AND ONLY IF you had them when the year of the dragon started, because that was the time when the dust was given. Nowaday you'll get nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...