FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Class & Mythic Changes Coming in Patch 8.2

DCiJd7O.jpg

Sloot talked about Class changes and updates to Mythic+ coming in Rise of Azshara on his stream. Check them out!

Check out the official Patch 8.2 Content Preview for more information about Rise of Azshara!

Upcoming Class Changes in Patch 8.2

Class changes listed below were discussed on Slootbag's stream and include nerfs to Outlaw Rogues and Protection Warriors in Patch 8.2 as well as buffs to underperforming tank specializations. Nothing has been officially confirmed by Blizzard and the list is incomplete. We need to wait until next week for 8.2 PTR to go live to confirm any of these.

• Vengeance Demon Hunters and Guardian Druids will be buffed in the coming patch.
    • Guardian Druids will have a reduced cost of Ironfur Ironfur and increased Rage generation.
    • Vengeance Demon Hunters will have increased survivability outside of Demon Spikes Demon Spikes in the form of passives.
    • They're fixing tanks by increasing their survivability, no substantial changes are planned.
  • Outlaw Rogues and Protection Warriors will be nerfed, Blizzard realizes they are currently overpowered. While there are no specifics to share right now, it appears that certain Rogues Azerite traits and Warrior talents will be looked into.

Upcoming Mythic+ Changes in Patch 8.2

• Blizzard feels that in the majority of dungeons, players don't kill enough trash and there's going to be a fairly large trash percentage rebalance to dungeons in terms of what awards what and how much you need to clear. This obviously does not affect THE MOTHERLODE!!
  • Players are skipping the majority of mini-bosses (think of Shrine), because they're dangerous and not worth it and they're likely going make them give more percent for trash.
  • They went down the rabbit hole with THE MOTHERLODE that is hard to get out of and it ended up the way it is.
  • They're strictly against invisible walls before bosses. That's not the approach they're going to take.
  • The WoW Team is looking into Seasonal Mythic+ rewards (titles, mounts). No ETA, maybe in Patch 9.0, maybe Season 3.
  • No new affixes are planned until Patch 9.0, except Seasonal.
  • The kiss/curse affix would require them to rebuild the bucket of the +7 affixes that are here to make things harder for your Class each week. They're not off the table, but we won't see them before 9.0.
  • In the current 12-week cycle there are two affix combinations they want to get completely rid of. It's a major problem when you're able to clear +15 one week and have issues clearing +12 the week after.
  • They think Reaping is too easy and not challenging. The Night Elf racial Shadowmeld Shadowmeld is on their radar.

VoD

1 hour ago, Stan said:

In the current 12-week cycle there are two affix combinations they want to get completely rid of. It's a major problem when you're able to clear +15 one week and have issues clearing +12 the week after.

Anybody know those two?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Blizzard feels that in the majority of dungeons, players don't kill enough trash and there's going to be a fairly large trash percentage rebalance to dungeons in terms of what awards what and how much you need to clear. 

Sounds like we really will be clearing all of Motherload and KR now.

Balancing is good but don't make it so tanks can't die.

Also, understand that certain classes are better at certain things. Some classes AOE better and that's always been OK. Some classes single target better and that's always been OK too.

Let's not homogenize everything.

Stopped playing early Uldir because of a lack of time, and generally got bored of BfA, one reason was there was no quick dungeon, i.e Maw of souls, or HoV on certain weeks, they all seemed to take an age and had so much trash, HOW do they need more? I do keep getting the itch to come back, and the .2 patch usually fixes things for the expansion when it's been poor, but that just put me right off...

4 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

Speaking as a Demon Hunter main... We need fixing. My character is 415, I have perfect Azerite for tanking, I have a 49 neck, I have great trinkets, and great itemised gear... But when my friends need a tank do you know what I play? My 398 Brew Master Monk with hodgepodge gear. Why? Because I'm far less likely to get turned into red goo at any moment.

Oh I can tank on my DH, I do decently, but the amount of work I need to put in compared to other tanks is amazing and the healers still complain about how squishy and spiky I am.

2 hours ago, tkioz said:

Speaking as a Demon Hunter main... We need fixing. My character is 415, I have perfect Azerite for tanking, I have a 49 neck, I have great trinkets, and great itemised gear... But when my friends need a tank do you know what I play? My 398 Brew Master Monk with hodgepodge gear. Why? Because I'm far less likely to get turned into red goo at any moment.

Oh I can tank on my DH, I do decently, but the amount of work I need to put in compared to other tanks is amazing and the healers still complain about how squishy and spiky I am.

They just released some interesting mitigation notes for the PTR for DH along with a few other classes.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:35 PM, Prophet001 said:

Also, understand that certain classes are better at certain things. Some classes AOE better and that's always been OK. Some classes single target better and that's always been OK too.

Let's not homogenize everything.

You really think that some classes / specs deserve to be absolute trash in raiding, while shining in boring dungeons? And some classes do the absolute opposite? You have actually no clue about how to make a game appeal to players. Any option with classes they make should be viable in any kind of content whatsoever.

13 hours ago, Disadadi said:

You really think that some classes / specs deserve to be absolute trash in raiding, while shining in boring dungeons? [...] Any option with classes they make should be viable in any kind of content whatsoever.

Just because something isn't the best in a certain situation doesn't make it non-viable or "absolute trash".

I for one remember when they tried to make all healers exactly the same back in Cata. It was dreadful, and I certainly wasn't the only one who hated it.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Our preview of Shadowlands mounts continues with Jailer Hounds!
      The mount currently has a placeholder name (PH Shadehound) and in the game files it's referred to as "Jailer Hound", so maybe it will come from Torghast.
      Three tints of the mount are currently available: Black, Gray, and White.
      Black

Gray

White

Shadowlands Mount Previews
      Shadowlands Mounts: Part One Shadowlands Mounts: Part Two Shadowlands Mounts: Part Three Shade Beast Mounts Decomposer Mount in Shadowlands
    • By Starym
      As teased yesterday, it's time we had a chat with Arthur "Handclaw" Lorenz, the artist behind literally hundreds of race-themed class armor sets (and a whole lot more). After his massive 2-year long project recently got a whole lot of attention, we sat down with the man and found out everything we could about his process, inspiration, how on earth he came up with that many different armor looks, whether he's available/interested in working with Blizzard, his personal favorite sets, and the frankly staggering fact that he considers all of the sets he made just a "starting point", and his focus was actually on quantity! Then there's the big Southern Barrens Warfront project he's working on, as well as hints at future projects and more. Plus, we even got him to make us a unique Icy Veins Ogre DK armor set, so it's safe to say the interview went great!

So, this must be a pretty crazy time for you, as many, MANY people have now seen your work, with most WoW fansites writing about it. 3 months after actually having completed your concept project for the racial class armors and over 2 years after having started it, how do you feel with so many people having nothing but great things to say about it?
      It does feel a bit surreal to me, as it came out of nowhere. I was suddenly notified about my armor being on Asmongold's stream, and then the news articles on them followed quickly. I didn't anticipate all the positive and supporting messages I got afterwards. It's great to see so many people enjoy my work!

We managed to catch your Vulpera and Mechagnome sets when they were released, but somehow missed the rest - did you get much attention on the sets prior to this recent boom?
      There were actually various surges of attention but this is the biggest one yet. One of the first times was shortly after posting the first 6 races on my artstation right before making my way to BlizzCon. I was on a 10 hour flight so I was off the grid for quite a bit, and after landing I was bombarded with messages and I found out how the armor blew up on reddit.

It also isn't the first time that MMO-champion reported on it. About a year ago the Dark Iron set release caught their attention. Outside of that, there were German fansites which reported regularly on my progress.

Every other comment on twitter, facebook and all the articles on your armor sets is something along the lines of “Blizzard, hire this man”. First off, are you even available? ? And second, would that be something you’d be interested in?
      Currently I do work as a graphics designer in Germany, but my long term desire was always to do concept art in the games industry.

Let’s take a step back, tell us a little about yourself.
      Well, I am just  a self-taught artist working on art in my spare time. I was drawn into the franchise with Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness, with its manual featuring various artworks catching my eye in particular. And with the third installment of the series I became a real fan.

Over the years, I dabbled in modding Warcraft 3. My own mod never came to fruition as I was too ambitious, but it taught me important lessons and allowed me to explore doing concept art of my own. And so I kept drawing, experimenting, brainstorming ideas over the years and tried to improve my skills.

On to the actual art itself. There are a staggering 189 sets of armor, and while we initially assumed you just made as many as you wanted/found inspiration for in each particular race, you actually did ALL the possible race/class combinations. Did you really think you’d do all of them when you started the project over 2 years ago?
      When I started off the project my initial plan was to create armor only for the core races and leaving the door open to do the allied races afterwards. But despite a small break, I started with the allied races sooner than expected.
      Speaking of ALL the race/class combos, Shadowlands has created a problem for you, as now all races can be Death Knights. Any plans to complete/update the collection? It’s “only” 10 additional sets after all ?
      Yes, I do plan to complete them. I did put them off for a bit to focus on some other projects first, but I do want to finish them for sure. After all, I included Deathknights already with the Vulpera and Mechagnomes, so I can't leave the rest hanging.

Unfortunately for Handclaw, this one doesn't count, as ogres aren't playable (yet).
      It seems like the vast majority of the armors really encapsulate the feel of the particular race well. With so many different sets, where did you draw inspiration from? How did you come up with so many different approaches and styles (aside from just “I’m really really talented, duh!”) ?
      It really varied race by race and class by class. There was a fine balance I had to find between what Blizzard established, what I felt was desired in the community, and of course exploring my own takes.
      Sometimes there was armor for a combination that worked well already so I'd try to explore design elements that weren't used yet. Other times Blizzard has already made a great design, but they ended up NPC only despite being perfect for a class choice.

Nonetheless, I looked into as much concept art on a given race as possible and explored other media as well. Of course, there was also inspiration to be drawn from the lore or just a race's theme as well.
      The designing process was as much piecing together what Blizzard already gave us, as coming up with designs of my own. The monks especially were more difficult to do as the class is primarily pandaren themed and is rather foreign on most races.

The actual number of sets is even higher than 189, as you have quite a few alternates/unused prototypes/different ideas for sets. What was your criteria for deciding what would make the cut?
      It's really difficult to say as it depended on the armor. Sometimes it was just the shape or silhouette that didn't work for me, sometimes it was just the basic idea that was a factor for the cut, and sometimes it was due to something similar already existing.

For example, The first version for the blood elf warrior was based on Spellbreakers, but around that time Blizzard revealed their take on the heritage armor. As it was based on the same idea, I went ahead and moved to another direction. But other times that wasn't a factor as it was either unavailable for players or was made when the systems were more limited, allowing less detail. And sometimes, I just wanted to try something else. In the end, I went with whatever was feeling right to me.

On to a question specific to me only, my favorites were the worgen priest and warrior sets, Kul Tiran warr, human hunter and Dark Iron shaman, anything special about those/stories on them? Also, which would be your favorites if you had to pick?
      For the worgen priest, it was all about the lamps. In the concept art for Gilneas, the  lamps were iconic, they were even including in their racial crest. And I noticed that I didn't use that element in all my sets.
      For the worgen warrior, I wanted to create a design that could serve as a footman for Gilneans. The armor is meant to use wolf imagery so there is a wolf presence no matter if it is in human or worgen form. This is meant to represent the acceptance of the worgen side of the nation and so signaling its unity.

The Kul Tiran warrior is based on Sergeant Bainbridge from the Siege of Boralus dungeon seen in the horde version. He is one of those cases where Blizzard established a perfect design for a class which I couldn't ignore.
      The human hunter was a callback to one of my favorite concepts by Samwise Didier for the World of Warcraft RPG, the Marksman. It's a look I wish that was possible ingame.
      On the Dark Iron shaman. Well, initially I didn't plan to give him a fire beard, but when the thought crossed my mind I was unable to resist.

As for my favorites, while I love many designs across all races, I'd say I enjoy the Tinkers the most which I made as a bonus for goblins and (mecha-)gnomes.

Which ones would you like to take another shot at? Whether it’s small details or even a complete overhaul?
      If I may be honest, I feel all sets would be worth to take another shot at. My work was more about establishing a first draft on how a race/class direction COULD look like, a more quantity over quality approach. They are not meant to be final pieces, they are more of a starting point. In normal development you'd create dozens of variants just for one race/class combo alone, so I barely scratched the surface there. Even if the general idea of a design wouldn't change, there are likely things one could fine tune.

Alas, doing it all over again would be too much work for me alone. Still, on top of my head, I feel the demon hunters ended up as the weakest designs, though there are also others. Another set that would deserve an overhaul would be the dwarven shaman. My concept centered around the idea of playable dwarves being Bronzebeards, so it would be a Bronzebeard take on how the armor would look like. This way I wanted to leave the door open for a Wildhammer allied race. But with Blizzard adding Wildhammer customization options in Shadowlands, my argument is moot.

Your most recent piece was Necrolord Zul’jin in the Shadowlands, and you’ve been sharing a lot of weapons for your Barrens Warfront Project, but what are you up to now?
      Necrolord Zul'jin was a quick piece inspired by all the Shadowlands news we received with the alpha so I had a bit of fun. Right now I'm working on my own take of a warfront set in the Southern Barrens featuring tauren versus dwarves. The project covers various aspects like armor, weapons and even including a loading screen artwork.

I liked how the warfronts allowed the devs to explore some races and it brought out some of my favorite sets as well. I was curious to see what blizzard might have done with other races.
      As for afterwards, I'm not sure. I do want to try to focus on diversifying my portfolio and perhaps work on some non-warcraft pieces as well, but who knows what idea crosses my mind by then.

In closing, do you have any shoutouts?
      Well, I thank my family and friends for supporting my endeavours.
      The community was also very supportive of me, sharing my work on reddit, the forums and other sites as well as sharing their thoughts. Especially Asmongold got the ball rolling recently.
      But finally, I would like to send a shoutout to the artists of Blizzard, whose work I highly respect. I enjoy their work and it inspired me a lot over the years. And unlike me they have to deal with restrictions of the game, deadlines, implementation and so much more as well. So I wish to send them as much positivity as possible.

It was a really great interviewing Handclaw, and we certainly hope he does big things in the future as well (and we'll definitely be checking in on him to see what new awesome pieces come up), whether he ends up getting the Blizzard call or not (but, seriously Blizz, call)! Here's all the places you can check him out:
      Artstation Twitter Instagram Facebook Deviantart  

Other Icy Veins interviews:
      46 Max Level Warriors, Guinness World Record, Autism Charity and More: the DesMephisto Interview
      All WoW Achievements Completed - A Xirev Interview
      Valdihr of Classic Journey Interview + Unique Icy Veins Art Piece
      Exploit Vs. Clever Use: the Rextroy Interview
      A Farewell Interview with Mione, the Solo Artist
      Hurricane, Awesome WoW Trailer Creator Interview
      Crafter's Spotlight: Djarii, Makeup Artist
      Future plans, the sets were just a "starting point", Barrens Warfront Project and more!
    • By Stan
      Rextroy just released a new video, where he one-shots Horde players in PvP with the help of bombs and PvP scaling.
      To make this work, Rextroy used Mantid Fire Bomb that has been nerfed since his previous video, and Azerite Grenade (usable in Kul Tiras) that makes all damage taken critical.
      You also need to have the Strength of Vigilance Essence equipped to use Vigilant Protector and increase your damage done by 50%.
      The current PvP scaling aura in WoW makes you deal more damage the worse geared you have, and Rextroy found out that the aura increased his damage done by 226% without any gear equipped.
    • By Stan
      We've updated our guide section with guides that cover all Covenant Abilities.
      In Shadowlands, each Covenant grants you two abilities. The first ability is the same for all members of a Covenant and is called a Signature ability, the second one is class-specific.
      Signature Covenant Abilities
      The Kyrian Covenant grants you access to a Steward that gives you a Phial of Serenity that restores 15% health and removes all diseases, poisons, curses, and bleeds affecting you. On top of that, the Steward will be able to change your talents and compliment your friend. The Night Fae Covenant members can use Soulshape which increases their movement speed by 30%, transforming them into various creatures. The spell can be reactivated to teleport 10 yards forward. Members of the Necrolord Covenant have access to Fleshcraft, which makes you form a shield over 4 seconds that absorbs damage equal to 20-50% of your maximum health for two minutes. The Venthyr Covenant ability is called Door of Shadows and it teleports you a short distance. Check out our guide to all Covenant Abilities for more details!
      Class Covenant Abilities
      These are different for each class and we explain them in more detail on the pages linked below.
       Death Knight  Mage  Rogue Death Knight Covenant Abilities
      Mage Covenant Abilities
      Rogue Covenant Abilities
       Demon Hunter  Monk  Shaman Demon Hunter Covenant Abilities
      Monk Covenant Abilities
      Shaman Covenant Abilities
       Druid  Paladin  Warlock Druid Covenant Abilities
      Paladin Covenant Abilities
      Warlock Covenant Abilities
       Hunter  Priest  Warrior Hunter Covenant Abilities
      Priest Covenant Abilities
      Warrior Covenant Abilities
      Each Covenant in Shadowlands comes with two abilities for your character.
    • By Stan
      We've updated our guide section with pages for Anima Powers and Torghast. Check them out!
      What Are Anima Powers?
      Anima Powers are temporary powers that your character obtains from various sources while in Torghast, Tower of the Damned in Shadowlands.
      These empower your Covenant abilities, grant you other talents on the same row, and allow for unique interactions between various abilities.
      For example, there are three interesting Mage Anima Powers that interact with Blink.
      Art of the Blinkmage removes the Mana cost and cooldown of Blink, but your Movement Speed is capped at 3 yards per second; Clouded Diamond leaves a Mirror Image behind after Blinking; Dimensional Blade instantly kills a Mawrat and grants you 3 charges of Blink. So as a Mage, you will be Blinking around through Mawrats like crazy to get extra stacks of Blink and Clouded Diamond spawns Mirror Images that deal damage for you, so it's interesting to see these wild interactions.
      It's worth noting that Anima Powers only work in Torghast and Blizzard also mentioned it's possible that some of them may be transformed into Legendary powers throughout testing. We've put up all known class-specific Anima Powers for you to check out below.
      All Anima Powers for Torghast
       Death Knight  Mage  Rogue Death Knight Anima Powers
      Mage Anima Powers
      Rogue Anima Powers
       Demon Hunter  Monk  Shaman Demon Hunter Anima Powers
      Monk Anima Powers
      Shaman Anima Powers
       Druid  Paladin  Warlock Druid Anima Powers
      Paladin Anima Powers
      Warlock Anima Powers
       Hunter  Priest  Warrior Hunter Anima Powers
      Priest Anima Powers
      Warrior Anima Powers
      Our guides section has been updated with Torghast and Anima Powers pages.