FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 2.6.5: Torment Difficulty & Rewards

6JkZgBy.jpg

In Patch 2.6.5, we have three new Torment difficulties and while we previewed increased Gold and Experience bonuses, now we've got the more relevant numbers, including increased Legendary drop rate, and Monster health.

If you're planning to farm Ancient Legendaries for your LoN set in Season 17, Torment 16 is the best diffficulty to go, because the Legendary drop rate is increased by 1,221%. Below, we have all the relevant info that you need to know about the new Torment difficulties of Patch 2.6.5. A big thanks to Diablo Wiki for providing the exact numbers!

Torment Level Monster Health Monster Damage Extra Bonus XP Extra Gold Bonus Increased Legendary Drop Rate

Torment 14 (Greater Rift 65)

4,623,011% 40,775% 10,500% 5,200% 781%

Torment 15 (Greater Rift 70)

10,135,711% 57,664% 13,400% 6,050% 977%

Torment 16 (Greater Rift 75)

22,222,020% 81,549%
17,000%
7,000% 1,221%

Check out our Patch 2.6.5 hub for more details about Season 17 and the patch!

1 hour ago, Stan said:

If you're planning to farm Ancient Legendaries for your LoN set in Season 17, Torment 16 is the best diffficulty to go, because the Legendary drop rate is increased by 1,221%. 

!

Thank you for the numbers!

Just one small thing: You should only farm in Torment 16 if your killspeed isn't reduced significantly.

I admit, that is not a big problem for Tier1 builds, however it is important to keep in mind, that monster HP more then doubles from Torment 15 to 16. But legendary drop-rate increases only by appros. 1/3.

If you struggle, it is more efficient to farm lower Torment tiers.

To be more specific, if your kill speed is reduced by more then 20%, it's better to farm in 1 tier lower.

ATM, T16 gives 2x more legendaries than T13, and slightly over 2x more XP (Gold Find is lower, but eh). However, T16 mobs have 10x more health, and deal 4x more damage.

For rough notes, if you can speed-farm GR80, you can speed-farm TXVI. While GR 75 solo is the "required" to pug TXVI, mob HP is more equivalent to what you find in GR 78-79.

A little bit more detail on Torment lvls - You'll want to get to T7 as fast as possible, since the increase in number of legendaries rises at a higher rate. After that though, every increase in torment lvl results in almost exactly 20% more legendaries over the previous lvl, with experience having a 22% increase over the previous level. So as long as your speed doesn't drop 20%, increase your torment lvl for more XP and lewtz! (Gold is a pitiful amount of increase, as is DBs)

Edited by Frogspoison
  • Thanks 2

Killing speed probably won't be an issue if you can qualify for T16 (clear GR75) and queue into a public rift, especially later in the season.  Just find a group with a speedfarming DH and/or Monk and enjoy the ride.  

5 hours ago, JestersTear said:

What's the current drop rate % for Ancient Legendary?  

Each legendary has a 10% chance of being ancient.

And a 1% chance of being primal.

7 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Does that mean that 89% of Legendaries are normal-tier? Or 90% because the 1% Primal eats at the Ancients’ 10%, which is then effectively 9%?

12 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

The Primal drop rate is actually much lower. It's estimated at 1/450 or about a 0.2% chance.

4 hours ago, Infinal said:

Does that mean that 89% of Legendaries are normal-tier? Or 90% because the 1% Primal eats at the Ancients’ 10%, which is then effectively 9%?

The way gear drops work in Diablo 3 is that it rolls to check if it's the highest "tier" first, then if it fails the next highest tier. The Primal rate is actually much lower than that though, closer to 0.2%. So 89.8% of legendary items will be "normal."

11 hours ago, raptir said:

The Primal drop rate is actually much lower. It's estimated at 1/450 or about a 0.2% chance.

Thank you for the clarification.

Somehow I had the "10 times more rare then ancient" in my head.

But after thinking about it you should definitly be right: You do not get an primal item every 10-12 Greater Rift runs.

Not even close. But you would have to if the drop chance was 1%. -> It needs to be much lower.

Again, thank you for pointing out my error!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      There was a change to the PTR version of patch 2.6.7 in the client that was at BlizzCon, with the new legendary power for Lamentation being taken off - meaning the 200% buff to Rend is no longer on the item at all. This caused a lot of discussion and complaint from the barbarian community, started by well known barb advocate Free, and today we finally got a response on the matter from Nevalistis, the Diablo community manager.
      In short, the buff will not be there when the patch releases because they felt it was too strong, but Barbarians will get a tuning pass at a later date, as they're doing for Crusaders and Monks this season (with a new set etc). 
      Lamentation Buff Removed (source)
      Okay, time for me to be unpopular. All part of the job, though. Hang tight, this is gonna be wordy.
      We did, indeed, remove the Lamentation bonus in the release client build for Patch 2.6.7, which was the build that streamers and BlizzCon attendees were shown on the show floor. In an ideal world, I would have had a chance to contextualize this change before the convention. Unfortunately, I did not have that opportunity between my other job duties for the show and titles I support (including Diablo IV and Diablo Immortal, both which had presence at the show).
      Normally, when a change like this happens, I find it when I’m updating patch notes for release. This process didn’t occur until last Thursday, after I got back from the show and being home sick from a chest cold I’m still fighting off. My next step is to go to the developers, have some back and forth, and find out insights and intention behind the change. I add that to the patch notes, get it reviewed for accuracy, then come and make a post as soon as I can. That’s where we are right now.
      That’s all just background. Here’s what you came to read, and is what you’ll find in the patch notes once 2.6.7 launches:
      We’re trying to set up Barbarian to be in a better place with more individual knobs to turn so we can tune it better once we get to their new class set and balance pass. We actually want to maintain this process for all classes, too, so if you continue to have feedback on Monk and Crusader, keep it coming! There will always be opportunities to revisit any of these changes.
      It’s okay if you don’t like this answer. It’s awesome if you have feedback on it. And it’s the absolute best when you can present that feedback respectfully and constructively. I’ve seen a lot of that, and I’m grateful for it—I only wish I could reply to all of it!
      It’s taken a long time to get to this point. We’ve gone through many phases of balance for every class, and there have been ups and downs for everyone. Balance is nearly never a perfect process with a perfect end, and sometimes, no end at all. I’ve said it often before, and I will say it again: we’re not done yet. There’s more Diablo III left to come, and we’re going to continue to read your feedback, play the game, and bring updates to keep you sated in Sanctuary for as long as possible.
      RE: Communication being limited - I’ve kind of already touched on this, but I’m being as present as I can be. BlizzCon and Diablo III’s production schedule lined up in an unfortunate way (and getting sick didn’t help matters), but you have my personal commitment to being as communicative as I can be around patches and PTRs specifically. I wish I could have fulfilled this better around 2.6.7—it just wasn’t possible with the other priorities I had to fulfill.
      I won’t make excuses, but I will continue to do my best, and I’m grateful for an understanding, passionate community that I saw the best of just a little over a week ago. It was wonderful to see so many of you in person, to finally share my excitement for the future in an honest and open way, and I hope you enjoy the other things we have in store in Diablo III and beyond.
      Now, back to work for me. ?
      You should also really read the original post by Free, as it pretty clearly states why this change is problematic and where Barbs are right now in the meta.

Header image source: Andrew Kuzinskiy.
    • By Starym
      We'll be seeing an end to the current Diablo 3 Era when patch 2.6.7 aka Season 19 arrives, meaning  the main, non-seasonal, leaderboards will reset. As for when exactly the patch will arrive, the safe bet is this Friday, November 15th, as that's how long the between-season downtime has been for the past two seasons.

Season 19, the season of Eternal Conflict, will feature a new system of combos, where you'll get a specific effect trigger after a specific killstreak, as well as a flat damage and move speed buff, stacking  up to 1000 kills. We'll also get new Crusader and Monk sets, new legendary items/powers and a lot more!  Check out the patch notes from the PTR for all the info, as we still wait for the official ones to release:
      Patch 2.6.7 (Season 19) full patch notes (PTR)

Era End (source)
      With the major balance changes and new class sets being introduced in Patch 2.6.7, we’ll be ending the current Era and beginning the next with the deployment of our next patch.
      For more information on Eras and our philosophy around them, please refer to this blog post . Thanks for your participation, and we’ll see you in Patch 2.6.7!
      And in case you forgot just what exactly Eras were and what they do, here's the post explaining it:
      Eras (source)
      Hi, everybody. Wyatt Cheng here again with a second installment of Developer Chronicles. Today, let’s discuss Eras.
      When we introduced Seasons to Diablo III, we also debuted "Eras." The thinking was that while the seasonal leaderboard would naturally reset every season, there would be some players who would want the non-seasonal leaderboard to reset periodically as well. There is a certain excitement associated with a fresh leaderboard—a sense that you could maybe see your own name up there at the beginning of an Era. It can also be disheartening to see somebody who is not currently playing the game hold a top position on a leaderboard long after the record was set.
      As Diablo III has evolved, it has become clear in hindsight that while the fresh excitement is there, it doesn’t last very long. First, the Era leaderboard is not something you "climb." If you are capable of achieving a particular Greater Rift tier, you're likely able to replicate that performance, or very close to it, at the very start of a new Era. Second, between patch changes, item buffs, and Paragon levels, there is built-in power growth over time—the concern of somebody holding a high Era ranking long after they've quit hasn’t really materialized.
      Eras Going Forward
      It has been our plan for some time to stop advancing the Era count every time a new season occurs. Expect that to be the norm moving forward. We are looking to move Eras to be 6–12 months in length.
      Besides simply allowing Eras to be 6–12 months long, there is an additional circumstance in which we feel an Era reset will still be warranted: when we expect that the highest attainable Greater Rift is going to go down. As an example, in patch 2.4.2, we made changes to the Twisted Sword, Energy Twister, and crowd control mechanics that caused the highest cleared Greater Rift to go down. When we have strong reason to believe the highest cleared Greater Rift will significantly drop, we do need to advance the Era to keep the non-seasonal leaderboard from going stale. Though this was the case in 2.4.2, expect Eras to advance less frequently moving forward.
      This brings us to a related question. When an Era advances, is it done before a patch goes live or after? The answer to this depends on the intent of Eras. Previously we advanced an Era as soon as a Season ended. This was back when there were season-specific items. The Era would advance in order to record the state of the non-seasonal leaderboards before all the season-specific items were transitioned to non-seasonal. We no longer have season-specific items and there is greatly reduced value in trying to memorialize the leaderboards at that particular moment in time. However, when we expect patch changes to cause the previous top ranks to be difficult or impossible to beat, it makes more sense to advance the Era AFTER the patch has gone live. Advancing the Era before the patch goes live would cause some players to lock in high ranks that become unbeatable once the patch hits. Advancing after the patch goes live allows players in the new Era to compete in a fresh environment based on the balance of the current live patch.
      To summarize, seasons are for those who want a recurring fresh experience; Eras should represent periods of time closer to a year.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Wizard class overview.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Witch Doctor class overview.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Necromancer class overview.