FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

LoN Singularity Necromancer

CoE is nice....I suppose, but you're really waiting for the cold rotation of it, to really reach its high potential. I feel like people just put it in builds because of the element roulette that people like looking at. The ring of the Zodiac, is still an easy choice over it. Especially since its all about CC and CDR in this era.

I'll pretty much echo Sable's sentiments on those gear alterations. The playstyle of the build is active enough to make you consider Hexing Pants, but this isn't a channeling build, and momentary pauses happen more than you'd think - with a significant damage dropoff whenever it happens. And the resource generation considerations seem unnecessary in this build, as Devour deals with resource management quite handily on its own.

CoE+ Squirt combo has seen plenty of group play, where you have entire roles dedicated to keeping you alive, but personally I'd find it too frustrating to solo with. Necromancers are squishy enough already.

• Like 1

Guest Guest zen

Replace squirts necklace with haunted visons, rings with litany of the undaunted and the wailing host. And skeltal mage ruin to blood mage since you get singularity with the shoulders. If all items are ancient that's an extra 7500 without rings. Then haunted visons with the essence perk in similacrum adds double the bonus on singularity. Also the evol ring perk in Kanis cube that adds an extra mage and more time

Personally I would advise against the use of Haunted Visions in a Skeletal Mage-based build, since you are only using Simulacrum for the Essence boost of the Reservoir rune, which allows you to summon superpowered minions during the Land of the Dead duration. You should basically be timing the two giant cooldowns together, and spawning the empowered Mages as the two are active. The permanent uptime of Simulacrum from Haunted Visions makes the rotation easier, but weakens you compared to the extra damage multiplier from Squirt's Necklace.

Guest Guest Necro
On 12/27/2021 at 4:31 AM, Deadset said:

The permanent uptime of Simulacrum from Haunted Visions makes the rotation easier, but weakens you compared to the extra damage multiplier from Squirt's Necklace.

I'm going to have to hard disagree with this statement with three core reasons. I've played the build for years even if that isn't saying much, but in any case. I'll go onto the points.

1. On higher GR levels, as it is, the build is very squishy and it's at times you court death or burning your passive even if everything is going your way. You can't dodge everything all the time, and your minions won't always be there to block everything for you as well. One stray arrow will kill you, no questions asked. 50% more damage taken is simply too big of a gamble. And that's if you can even keep it going in the first place. Not everyone can play well enough to the point of keeping it maintained to keep a single stack up, which at that point, you might as well not even have an amulet.

2. Keeping all your mages up with Haunted Visions and not even using fully charged mages can be problematic to maintain at times. Generally yes, it comes down to LotD CD for that for the super minions you mentioned, but even Reaper's can keep fairly strong mages up decently well. All your damage is mages, and summoning double of them and hitting the cap in 3 castings instead of 5 is a massive difference in terms of damage.

3. You're completely forgetting the multiple synergies within the build that is based off your max essence. Assuming that the Singularity rune is a multiplicative bonus instead of an additive one to damage, 34 more essence over the 290-330 standard maximum will get you more damage (albeit only slightly higher) than a fully stacked Squirt's Necklace, and it's more consistent to get that 34 essence even without LotD being up since Reaper's bonus will scale better the higher your maximum resource. Then you add Reilena's Shadowhook into the mix, and you'll notice that you're losing out on a 145%-165% damage increase (based on the max essence rolls on your main and off-hand.) by not having Simulacrum/Reservoir within your build. Your maximum essence is a hard synergy within the build, and even if you lost the double cast (which you didn't.) you're shooting yourself in the foot by not focusing on it. You can feel free to call Maxroll unreliable, but a max stacks Squirts without Sim and 290 essence with the bare minimum boosts (Trapped/cubed Krysbins) is about 8.8T DPS. Haunted + Sim is hitting that at a mere 184 essence spent when accounting for the 4 summons, with a higher ceiling for damage.