FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Akraen

Analysis Week for Frost Mages

DPS Feedback  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You should be able to easily because the fight is so short. If the fight goes below 3 min 12 sec you'll lose a lot of DPS, until you get to around 1 min fight length. 1 min burst is the biggest.

And that makes me wonder what I could push out when I finally get some drops in HC. I will try at least, thanks for the analysis, I'll watch my procs and cooldowns better tonight.

• Like 1

I want in on the action too biggrin.png

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pTZCPqNXKAcDYd2B#fight=35&source=2

Sorry for not having any newer log on malk. My ilvl was almost the same (one less I think), though gear was quite less optimal than it's now.

BTW, I have noticed that wol and warcraftlogs don't always agree on the processed data. In the same log, on the garrosh kill warcraftlogs lost a whopping 10 million damage. Malk log seems fine though.

I'll have to get ya in the morning - I have an afternoon meeting then headed home for the day. Feel free to lay on the parses, everyone! I get into my office super early each morning and love to start my day with spreadsheets (yes I'm strange)!

BTW, I have noticed that wol and warcraftlogs don't always agree on the processed data. In the same log, on the garrosh kill warcraftlogs lost a whopping 10 million damage. Malk log seems fine though.

I wrote to WCL admin about this, and he said it's because how damage on MCed is handled. Currently (will be fixed) it shows damage on MCed players in friendly fire rather than damage to enemies.

You just made me create an account here to be able post a log for you to analyze smile.png

Thank you for all your efforts into making us better player akraen! I'll upload a log asap and send it!

@ Winnrie:

lW32euo.png

*you can ignore the #'s next to nether tempest on the damage breakdown, they're not used for anything, I calculated your damage lost by choosing to use NT over LB at the bottom.

Thanks a lot for the analysis Akraen!

I knew that my second AT wasn't optimal, now I remember trying to tie it to as many buffs as possible (which I eventually messed up biggrin.png ), but I completely missed the extra ILs!

You're doing an amazing work here smile.png

• Like 1

Thanks Akraen! I figured I'd have lost a bit of DPS with the lack of Alter Time but didnt realise it'd be that much. I'll get back into using it from now on; also just switched to full haste so will have to post another one later once we do Malkorok again!

• Like 1

Cool. Thanks for that. A bit of an eye opener there, I haven't looked at my logs in a while since my guild is on hiatus. I always thought I was keeping IE up, I guess I need to keep a closer eye on it.  

• Like 1

This is really awesome :) makes me wish I was still rolling frost!  (Hey there's time to switch...)
Looking at it more in depth, parsing out the log file is a bit past my coding abilities at this point... but I'll keep it on my "wishlist" and maybe get the necessary info covered this semester. I think I could set up parts of the code - I think I'll go ahead and flesh out that part and see where that takes me on the parts that I don't know how to do yet.

Keep being awesome :)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sqzlw13rq1npuzdb/details/21/

Another spread would be amazing :)

Some improvement. I had invokers up the entire time, but there was one moment that I kind of let it slip my mind because I had to soak then stack up soon after =/ so it definitely slipped there, still a significant increase from before lol.

Also, for some reason, WOL has my DPS way lower than what my recount was. My Recount for Malk was over 180k, but WOL has me at like 150k. Maybe because I didn't close the log immediately after? =/

It appears that Wizbiz-Farstriders stole your water elemental.

Lmao. I just noticed now that you pointed it out..

Is this a common thing?

Yep, have to summon your water elemental before combat, after you /combatlog

I can give you a much more accurate spreadsheet if you do that, trust me I know it's frustrating. I lost a world #1 malkorok because of the stupid water elemental once.

• Like 1

Yep, have to summon your water elemental before combat, after you /combatlog

I can give you a much more accurate spreadsheet if you do that, trust me I know it's frustrating. I lost a world #1 malkorok because of the stupid water elemental once.

Ouch. That bites.

I can definitely do that. Would you mind doing one assuming total elemental up time? I'm 100% sure I had him up the entire fight or would that be too difficult?

Sure, just note that your overall DPS might appear lower. Shouldn't matter overall because the goal is to analyze your decisions not the silly elemental.

Sure, just note that your overall DPS might appear lower. Shouldn't matter overall because the goal is to analyze your decisions not the silly elemental.

No biggie. 

I wish there were a way to just convert the elementals damage to yourself so you didn't have to put up with the little bastard. I've been wanting this forever.

Appreciated greatly :)

@Haze

arjSqa2.png

Thank you very much again. Not trying to make excuses for myself but I seriously don't know how I am casting ice lance that much outside of FoF procs and I certainly don't remember hardcasting FF bolt. Ugh, oh well. The invokers has improved, there was just a shitty part I neglected it. 

Oh well, more improvement to be had!