FORUMS
Damien

LoN WoL Monk

Guest Owwl

Don't these items have to be "ancient" to get the damage bonus?  Not just "legendary"?

3 hours ago, Guest Owwl said:

Don't these items have to be "ancient" to get the damage bonus?  Not just "legendary"?

That's somewhat implied by this being a LoN build, as you only get the LoN effect per ancient item equipped.

How viable is this build outside of season 17? I am mostly looking at solid GR progression.

Edit: For clarification, I really just wonder if this build pumps out enough damage or damage reduction when not being able to use one of CoE or Zodiac Ring.

Edited by Tasandmnm

Guest VeryTallMidget35

Wouldn't there be like an anti-synergy between Rabid Strike and Tzo Krin's Grace? I dunno, I just feel like something is off there, so are there any alternatives to Rabid Strike? 

15 hours ago, Guest VeryTallMidget35 said:

Wouldn't there be like an anti-synergy between Rabid Strike and Tzo Krin's Grace? I dunno, I just feel like something is off there, so are there any alternatives to Rabid Strike? 

It works just fine, RS still mimicks WoL if Tzo Krin is equipped. The weapon's effect also counts as a Mystic ally (if you look closely, when it procs, a shadowy figure appears, casts WoL then despawns). This is synergized with the Mystic Ally bracers and Enforcer gem, further Cementing the fist weapon into the build. 

On 6/20/2019 at 9:43 PM, Tasandmnm said:

How viable is this build outside of season 17? I am mostly looking at solid GR progression.

Edit: For clarification, I really just wonder if this build pumps out enough damage or damage reduction when not being able to use one of CoE or Zodiac Ring.

For me I focused heavily on spirit regen and didn't even use a primary, making sure epiphany is constant of course is the main thing for that. But you still need everything possible for spirit, rolls, runes etc. Zodiac becomes the obvious ring choice. The only other decent ring skill for a monk without a primary is CoE, which is X3 dmg for 4 out of every 20 seconds. Considering it is a spam build and you don't try to time anything with CoE like you would some builds, it translates to a more modest average of 75% or X1.75 extra dmg. So of course CoE is still huge, but the choice to let go. You need the spirit regen from epiphany even more for dmg, and get the 50% dmg reduction to boot if you can get epiphany constant. The other choice is somehow between every possible roll, rune and passive, getting enough cooldown to stay in epiphany all the time or very close too without zodiac. Would take 75% cooldown lol. Then you can keep CoE. Maybe even the gem of swiftness, but it can't really beat the other gems, maybe close though if it makes the 75% from CoE viable. So hard to get enough cooldown and spirit regen or cost reduction to get CoE in though, maybe with perfect gear and loads of paragon and cladessan's for main stats. I also question the bindings of the lesser gods. Not enough added offence to make up for either aquilla cuirass if you get enough spirit regen, or nemesis. Suppose spirit guards and replacing cyclone strike with a primary is also an option if you'd rather as well, gives more rolls for cooldown and main stats like dex and crits if you don't need as much spirit, seems easy enough on xbox 1 at least, to spam both at once. Also it is nice not to waste such a large amount of spirit on the Cyclone strike, when you have the helmet making WoL a ranged skill anyway, gain spirit and the better dmg reduction instead. Even sweeping wind for 8 extra SpiritPS is an idea in that skill slot combined with a more easily viable Aquilla cuirass. But with the zodiac ring you can ease up on cooldown rolls and get better Crits, dext, and almost make up for CoE. Not as good as having both of course. 

Loads of options, to tweak the build how you see fit with minimal loss in potential. The monk being what it is, sure it is viable outside of season, it's still one of the best, because monks don't have any of the best builds as far as I can tell.  So there is my rant on how much I hate Monks lol. I set a recent goal of getting past GR 100 with each class on Hardcore, and the Monk just doesn't look possible. Not at 1200 paragon anyway. Maybe after another 1200 Paragon and full Caldessan's using this build. 

As always w/ LoN season builds, the damage will be significantly lower in Non season. Your best option for Ring is Obsidian ring, because epiphany gives a huge damage spike, and if you dont have perfect gear rolls, its borderline impossible to get 75% CDR. 

Bindings of the Lesser Gods should more than double your damage (triples the damage your RS mimick deals, which increased by the enforcer gem) as i mentioned above. Its more than enough added offense ?

Guest GMcDowellJr

What level greater rift should this be able to clear? I’m clearing in the 80’s without optimized gear (though with a pretty dang high paragon level).

Uncommon Patron

Hypothetically assuming everything else is equal in terms of item quality/stats/augments, is this build stronger than Sunwuko WoL? Sheet damage doesn't change when I equip my level 99 LoD, so I'm not sure how to compare the two WoL builds...

On 12/5/2019 at 11:49 PM, artlessknave said:
Amulet
  1. Socket (guaranteed)

I'm not sure how this this can be guaranteed, I have one that has no socket.

the flavor of time no socket.png

These builds have been edited and copied and pasted so many times that they all have errors like this.

Guest AlbBalk

The preferred stats for swampland waders are missing fire% damage